Ten: Library Sessions and Jealousy

Where Should I Go? [UPDATING AGAIN!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi lovelieeeeesss i am backk!!! I'm really excited to be writing this again and plan to consistently upload! Thank you for waiting and subscribing! Comments as always are appreciated! Enjoy! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Ari arrived to art history class early. She opted to come alone as Rena wouldn't come with her anyway, so she spared Yenna from having to choose who to go with by choosing to be alone. Ari went and sat in her usual spot next to Hanbin's. No one else was here yet, the class was empty. Ari brought some crackers in her bag to snack on as she'd had a light breakfast. Ever since the night of the mixer she never felt hungry after waking up. When there's only 10 minutes left till class starts, Hanbin walks into the room.

"Oh, you're here early," he says

"Yep, thought I'd get an early start"

"Or you just couldn't sleep?"

"More like I didn't want to make Yenna choose between coming with me or Rena. I feel bad for Yenna. She did nothing wrong, but is caught in the middle," Ari sighed

"Oh. I see. Anyway, how're things with Jimin?"

"If I forget about all this then its pretty good, he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday"

"Already?" Hanbin looked surprised

"Well, I've known him for a long time so it just sort of felt right"

Hanbin nods and simultaneously the classroom doors open, theres only five minutes left now. A bunch of students fill the room. Yenna and Rena are two of them. Yenna sits next to Ari with Rena on her right.

"Good morning," says Ari in hope for some communication.

"Morning," Yenna smiles back and gives Ari a reassuring hand squeeze.

Rena merely gives Ari a strained smile. 

Yenna heads to her next class after art history is over. Ari heads to the library while Rena excuses herself and goes elsewhere. She couldnt avoid Ari forever, they have class together in an hour. Ari found a table on the 3rd floor next to a window against the wall hidden from the view of the others due to the many book shelves that surrounded it. It was a cozy and secluded spot. Ari pulled out her phone to text Jimin. He almost immediately texts back.

[Ari: helloo]

[Jimin: heyy]

[Ari: where are you?]

[Jimin: I'm at the library studying for the econ test :(]

[Ari: Well lucky for you I'm on the third floor. Come study with meee]

[Jimin: I don't know if we'd be studying much if I came upstairs ;)]

[Ari: oh please unlike you I have some self control :p]

[Jimin: either way baby, Jungkook is here studying with me]

[Ari: I dont care bring him with you i just dont wanna be alonee]

[Jimin: alright, give me a minute]

Ari then calls Jimin to lead him to the secluded part of the library she's sitting at. After a minute or so they finally find her. Jimin slides into the chair next to Ari and Jungkook sits across from them. Hi's and hello's were said and a kiss on the cheek from Jimin. The atmosphere was tense and awkward and the previously cozy area seemed to get a degree or two cooler.

Sure Jungkook had texted to check up on Ari the morning after the mixer, but hadn't spoken to her since. Even in yesterday's car ride they hadn't said a word to each other. Apparently he and Jimin were speaking now, but not like they used to so there was some tension there as well.

Ari was hurt because Jungkook had picked a side and it wasn't hers and Jimins, it was Rena's. This made no sense since out of all of them, Ari was closest to him second only to Jimin. She'd be lying if she said seeing him and Rena together hadn't stung a little as she did consider him to be her best friend whether a crush or not. 

Ari is shaken from her thoughts when she feels Jimin poking her knee once he noticed she had zoned out. She was looking at Jungkook lost in thought, but Jungkook hadn't noticed. He was too busy studying to look up from his book.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked, concerned. 

Ari could tell he was bothered by her looking at Jungkook for so long, but he didn't want to make a big deal out of it because he agreed to this deal. That Ari would be simultaneously getting over this Jungkook thing. Ari still felt guilty, she didn't want her boyfriend to think that she wasn't serious about them. She hadn't had any proper relationship since she came to university, so she wanted to not screw up the first one especially with one of her closest friends.

"Nothing, I'm just so tired," she responded with a smile, grabbing the hand Jimin used to poke her and held it. 

"So I'm not allowed to flip pages and make notes at the same time anymore?" Jimin smiled and raised his brows at Ari as he slightly raised his hands; one held by Ari and the other held a pen.

"Nope, I guess not"

At this point Jungkook tore his eyes away from his book to see this scene. 

"Uh guys, can you help me with this question?" he pointed to a supply and demand curve.

Jimin leaned forward to take a look, "Gosh I dunno about this one, babe?"

Ari wasn't used to this babe thing and neither was Jungkook. Both looked at Jimin a bit suprised and then at each other before Ari joined Jimin in looking at the question. She did her best to explain it to both of them. 

She didn't know, however, that only one of them was paying attention. Jungkook on the other hand was just looking at Ari solve the question, he already knew the answer. She seems different ever since the mixer, something's changed but he can't tell what. He looks back down at the paper once Ari finds the same answer as he did in his head. 

"Thanks," he says and they all go back to focusing on studying.

The hour passes by quicky and they head to the econ class. Rena is sitting in her usual spot and only Jungkook goes to join her. Jimin follows Ari to sit with Hanbin. Jimin is slightly uncomfortable here too, he hasn't forgotten Ari and Hanbin were dating too.

Geesh Ari, what have you gotten yourslef into? Ari thought as the realization came to her too.

The professor announces that test will be during the last 15 minutes of class and begins the lecture. 

Jimin leans over "Oh babe, I forgot to tell you. I'm going to have to head to the student building right after I finish for a group project meeting for my accounting class"

"Oh, I was hoping to get lunch together"

"Maybe you can go with Jungkook and Rena?"

Ari snorted, "Do you want me to get murdered?"

"It could be the start of everything going back to normal," he encourged

"Maybe I'll just call Yenna"

"She's in the group project with me, she won't be able to come either"

Ari huffed. "I'll figure something out"

Jimin gave her a small smile and gently caressed her knee.

The test started and Ari was a slow test taker. Mega slow. Jimin finished before her and left the room, not failing to blow her a discrete kiss which she pretended to discretely catch before he left as she rolled her eyes. God, he's so cheesy. But she couldn't stop smiling after that. Rena finished next and left the room without glancing back even once at either Ari or Jungko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter