Thirteen: Dates and Revelations

Where Should I Go? [UPDATING AGAIN!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello lovelieeeesss!!! I'm finally back! Sorry for keeping you waiting!!! Y'all what is this I'm hearing about a new comeback and JK PLS DROP THE MIXTAPE ALREADYYYYY!!!

I also hope you all and your families are safe and healthy during this unfortunately challenging time! 

Anyways, the chapter's here so I hope you all enjoy :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ari jumped out of bed as she remembered today was the last day for applying to the internship she had been dreaming of. She, Jungkook, and Rena were still left to do their summer internships whereas Yenna and Jimin had already finished theirs last summer. Ari and Jungkook had been discussing the internship in the HR department of the most well-known technology firm of the year, well, at least a branch of the firm, Eclix.

She called up Jungkook to remind him. They both were professional procrastinators and had, of course, left this to the last day. She put the phone on speaker.

Jungkook picked up with a deep and sleepy voice, "Hello?"

"Wake up , today's the last day to apply for Eclix."

"Oh , I forgot, I'm going to do it now, thanks!"

"You're welcome, bye!"

"Bye," said Jungkook as he hung up.

Ari completed her application and attached her résumé. After a few minutes, she received an email to finish a series of cognitive tests to move onto the next stage of the recruitment. The test was super intense with memorizing patterns and solving codes to test their cognitive abilities. After she finished, she felt slightly disappointed that she hadn't done that well as the stress made her get anxious and hindered her ability to focus. She sighed as she laid back in bed as all she could do was wait a few weeks before they let her know whether she'd be called in for an interview or not.

She heard a faint buzzing as she realized her phone was ringing and looked for it as it was lost within her blanket. It was Jungkook.

"Did you finish the tests?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I don't think I did that well," she sighed.

"Me too, I think I rushed it too much," he responded.

"Oh well, all we can do now is wait."

"How long is it going to take?"

"Anywhere between one or two weeks," she told him. 

"Dang, I wish I could know now."

"Hmm, me too. Is Jimin up yet?" she asked.

"No, I went out to use the toilet a few minutes ago and he was sleeping," Jungkook said.

"Oh. I think I'm just going to go back to bed for now."

"Alright, sweet dreams sleepyhead," Jungkook cheekily responded.

"Yeah, yeah," Ari rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see it.

"Don't worry about it too much, you're like the smartest person I know, I'm sure you did great," he said, knowing she was upset that she had messed up.

"You too, I'm sure you'll get in," she responded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ari was starting to gain consciousness after her nap and felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and a face buried in her neck. She opened her eyes and turned her head to find Jimin next to her. She poked his cheek with her finger and he responded with a groan.

"Wake up sleepyhead," she said.

"I'm up but I don't want to get out of bed," he said as he hugged Ari tighter.

"When did you get here?" she asked as she played with his hair.

"About half an hour ago. Yenna told me to wake you up, but you looked so cozy," he chuckled and shifted positions so that your head now rested on his chest.

"Which reminds me, we're planning on going to a picnic today. Yenna invited Hanbin and his cousin to come too," he continued.

"Sounds fun. Where are we going?"

"Blue Park," he said.

"I love Blue Park!"

"I know, that's why I suggested it," he smiled and he pulled Ari in for a kiss.

"Were you talking to Jungkook today?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, I called him to remind him about the internship."

"Yeah, he told me you were pretty upset about it."

"I just feel like I could've done better on the online tests."

"I'm pretty sure you did great. Besides they'll look at your application too, you've got tons of experience. You just get anxious when it comes to tests," he said.

"I know, thanks, baby."

"JIMIN YOU USELESS LITTLE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WAKE HER UP NOT FALL ASLEEP TOO," Yenna yelled as she entered the room.

"Calm down, mom. I've been here for almost an hour and you just realized that I've been MIA?"

"She realized earlier but you two looked so cute, I stopped her from ripping your head off for a while," said Rena as she also joined them.

Ari laughed. She was so glad that they all had gotten over that awkward time period and were all getting along as well as before even though she and Jimin were together now.

"So Yenna, I hear Hanbin is coming to the park with us too?" Ari smirked.

"Yeah, and what about it?" Yenna rolled her eyes but blushed nevertheless.

"I mean what is going on with you guys anyway? I haven't seen Hanbin much other than in class because, you know, someone gets jealous," Ari said as she side-eyed Jimin.

"Hey, I do NOT get jealous, it's just a little awkward is all. I think Hanbin is a nice guy," Jimin shrugged.

"Uh yeah, you think he's nice because he isn't dating Ari anymore," said Rena which resulted in her getting a plushie thrown at her by Jimin, which she surprisingly caught and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Okay, okay, kids. Stop. I want to hear Yenna's story," said Ari as Jimin reached for another plushie.

"Anyway," Yenna continued, "I mean we've been going on dates during our free time especially when you know things were more awkward. When you and Jimin were together all the time and Rena was busy with her job and Jungkook was generally busy. He actually went back home for the break and got back last night. His cousin's here for the weekend since he's planning on transferring to our university too."

"Oh, so has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet?" asked Rena.

"Well, no, not yet," she responded, slightly disappointed.

"Well, why don't you ask him?" suggested Ari after some thought.

"What?" said Yenna.

"I mean, she's right, if you think you know him well enough and you really like him, then go for it!" encouraged Jimin.

"You think so?"

"Yes! He'd be crazy if he refuses. I've seen you two together and he's absolutely in awe of you!" agreed Rena.

"Hm, alright maybe tonight after the picnic. We made plans for a dinner date so I could ask him then," Yenna said.

"Sounds good," Rena agreed.

"By the way, where is Jungkook?" asked Ari.

"Um, he went to see Yumi," Jimin told her.

"Yumi?" Ari exclaimed.

"Yeah, apparently she wanted to talk with him. They're meeting at the cafe. We'll pick him up when we're ready to leave for the picnic," said Jimin.

Even though Jimin had previously felt jealous of Jungkook's closeness with Ari, he had finally come to terms with it in the last few days as nothing ever happened and he and Ari were doing so well anyway. Jimin was concerned that Jungkook would not learn from the situation and may choose to be with Yumi again if she asked him to. 

"Don't worry. He won't do anything stupid," Ari said, understanding what was behind Jimin's look of concern.

"I hope not," Jimin responded. 

"Alright, guys. We've got about 45 minutes before we leave. Ari, you still need to shower. Rena and I will go and get ready too. Let's move people," Yenna ordered.

"Ok, I'm going to go take a shower Jimin," Ari said as she got out of bed and give him a peck on the lips.

"Ok, I'll wait here for you," said Jimin. 

"Uh, I'm going to need you to wait outside while I change," said Ari, turning a little red.

"Can't I just stay here?" Jimin smiled cheekily.

"Noo don't make this harder than it needs to be," Ari whined.

"Okay, okay, I'll let you change in peace," Jimin laughed as he went to go sit in the living room.

Ari took about 20 minutes in the shower and stepped out with a towel wrapped around her body and a smaller towel wrapped around her head. 

As she walked past the living room to go to her room, she locked eyes with Jimin as he said, "Hey hottie."

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Jimin was unable to hold in his laughter any longer and she cracked a smile.

Ari rolled her eyes and she turned around to go to her room. 

"Jokes aside, I do wish we had more time right now," Jimin said.

"Mhm, I bet you do," responded Ari as she turned around. 

"How about we also get dinner tonight? Just me and you. I mean don't get me wrong I love hanging out with everyone but it's been a while since it's been only me and you. And then the semester's almost done anyway and you'll be here doing your internship while I go back home to help out with the family business-" Jimin stopped as Ari placed a finger on his lips.

"Dinner sounds great," she said, smiling. 

"I was thinking we could go to the cliff near the farmhouse? Get some Taco Bell?"

"That sounds amazing, now let me get ready Park Jimin," she said as she closed the door behind her.

After the girls got ready, Jimin told them that Jungkook's been waiting for them for a while, so they decided to leave a little earlier.

They saw Jungkook sitting at their usual table as they stepped into the cafe. The staff that was so used to seeing them there greeted them.

"Hey guys," Jungkook said as they all grabbed chairs from empty tables for those who didn't have a spot already. 

"Hey, you good?" asked Rena.

He sighed as he swirled his straw around in his iced caramel macchiato, "She wanted to get back together," he said.

"I knew she would say that," said Jimin softly.

"What'd you say?" asked Yenna. 

"No, of course. I'm not an idiot," he said, "It's not like she accidentally did it. She'd been intentionally doing it for weeks."

"What about the guy you caught her with?" Ari asked.

"Apparently he broke it off with her a few days later too. He's a nice guy, Suho. I was really rude to him, though," Jungkook sighed.

"Hey, cheer up. We're going on a picnic!" exclaimed Jimin. Ari laughed at his cuteness.

"Okay, people lets move! We're on a schedule!" said Yenna.

"No we're not," said Ari.

"She just wants to see her boyfriend-to-be," Rena rolled cooed.

Yenna flipped them both off. Jungkook looked up, puzzled, "Who?"

"Hanbin and his cousin are meeting us at the park," Rena told him.

"Oh, also you guys take so long to get ready. I've been waiting for like 30 minutes," said Jungkook.

"Hey, we came at all, be nice," said Ari.

"Yeah, yeah, I really need to get a car, I think I'll go to a dealership. I'll need it more when I have the internship," said Jungkook.

"Also, Ari, we need to look for a two-bedroom apartment since Yenna won't be staying on campus in the summer," said Rena.

"That doesn't matter since they're only keeping housing open for students that are enrolled in courses only. We'd have to move out for the summer anyway," said Ari.

"I need to look for an apartment too then. I could settle for a studio," said Jungkook.

"That's great, but can we get going now?" asked Yenna.

"Yeah, yeah, Yenna. We're going," said Jimin. They all got up and walked to Jimin's parked car.

The park was about a 30-minute drive away. Since today was a weekend, the whole place was packed full of families. Jimin grabbed their picnic mat from the trunk. They hadn't brought any food since there were a lot of food stalls at multiple locations at the park. It was a large park with multiple entrances and a lot of security. There were small stone pathways for people to walk and patches of grass covered most of the area with many small flowers. A lot of areas had tall shady trees perfect for a picnic. A lot of flowers were in bloom due to the spring season. They were waiting at the entrance to meet up with Hanbin before going to find a spot. After 2 minutes, Yenna finally spotted Hanbin and his cousin walking toward them. 

"Is that his cousin?" Rena asked as she nudged Ari with her elbow.

"I guess so, who else could it be?" responded Ari.

"Well, he's really hot," whispered Rena.

Ari looked at her and found Rena's gaze glued to Hanbin's cousins' face.

"Hey, guys! It's been a while!" Hanbin greeted them all enthusiastically.

"Hey Ari!" he said as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter