Three: Feelings and Dorms

Where Should I Go? [UPDATING AGAIN!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a little bit of a light and fun chapter, just showing interactions between different characters to give readers an idea about what kind of relationship they have with each other; also anyone who also is reading my 'New Things' fic, I promise a new chapter will be up soon!

Just a little FYI for name pronunciations:-

Rena: Reen-Ah                  Yenna: Yenn-Ah                       Ari: Ah-Ree 

(not Korean names necessarily even though their last names are, the OCs can be from wherever you want, this just helps me better express how I pronounce their names)  :D

Also, text messages will be in a bolded format, and a squiggle will be there in the beginning and end of text format, for example:-

~

Jimin: Hey what's up

~

Dorm Layout:   

*Rooms sizes are the same as the drawing is not to scale (idk why i'm so passionate about this drawing)

_____________________________________________________________

|         Rena's Room     |            |     Yenna's Room |          |    Ari's Room   |

|__________________ |            |_______________ |          |_____________|

|     ______________               Empty Space / Corridor

           Bathroom     |                     __________________________________

|     ______________                     |    Kitchenette   |           Seating Area      |

|           Entrance                           |                           |                                       |

___________________________|_____________ |____________________|_

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hanbin, that guy from econ today?" said Jimin.

"Yep, that's the one," Ari replied with a smile and added, "It's actually great that Jungkook dropped art history because Hanbin got the last seat in class just in time, otherwise we'd never have met"

At this slightly sour statement, everyone glanced at Ari and Yenna gave her an I-can't-believe-you-just-said-that-out-loud-in-front-of-him look. Even Jungkook, whose sights had barely left his drink, looked up at her momentarily as the words left . She could tell that more than at her words, they were shocked at the cold way she had expressed them. Some might say she was overreacting but she had taken Jungkook's actions toward her as a serious offense.

Ding - the sound of someone receiving a text. Jungkook took his phone out of his pocket, took one look and said, "I gotta go, see you guys," without looking at any of them, he left the cafe.

"What was that all about?" Yenna asked while looking at Jimin.

"I dunno, he's been getting texts all day, more than usual. Before, I didn't know why but now I guess it's probably the girl he's bringing to the mixer".

"Oh! Yenna, we've got ten minutes till class starts! It'll take at least 7 minutes for us to walk there, come on we'll be late," Rena said as she glanced at her phone. They both bade Jimin and Ari goodbye, leaving them alone at the cafe.

"Hey, listen, Ari. I know you're mad at Jungkook for how he behaved with you today and I just want to say you have every right to be, but we both know he's not the type to be this way. I don't know why he is being like this, but I'm sure there's something up with him right now and he'll realize what he did was wrong," said Jimin.

"Thanks, Jimin but I don't know if 'Something is up with him' is enough of an excuse for me to just let this slide, you know?" Ari replied.

"Yeah I know, I just wish he'd get his act together, he's hiding things from me too, I can tell he is," Jimin stated as he frowned.

Ari knew that felt horrible if a best friend wasn't being honest. Jimin also said, "I have a hunch its something to do with his date, speaking of which, this Hanbin guy, is he someone special?" Jimin smirked.

Ari nudged Jimin in the shoulder, "I never said he was a date, but, Jungkook doesn't need to know that" she said.

"Uhuh got you," Jimin nudged her back. 

Ari remembered when she had a crush on Jimin way back in the day. How could someone not crush on him, he was practically perfect, from his smile to the way he ran his hands through his hair, but once she discovered that one of her best friends (obviously Rena) had serious feelings for him, she let her feelings subside, and Jungkook was a great distraction from her crush on Jimin. 

"What class do Rena and Yenna have now?" said Jimin while playing with his car keys.

"I think they have Statistics", Ari replied while sipping her latte. "What about you, what's your next class?" she asked him.

"Oh, I'm done for the day, I was just staying back to be with Jungkook, but he's ditched me now, hang on let me text him and see if he's gonna come back or I'll just go to our dorm room," said Jimin as he unlocked his phone.

"Rena, Yenna and I also got a triple dorm room this time, so we're rooming as well," Ari said.

"Well at least your roommates will actually talk to you, Jungkook'll probably be on his phone the whole time, he just texted me saying he'll see me back at the room, so I'll go back now unless you want me to stay," he said glancing over at Ari.

"No, it's fine, go back and take a rest, I have to meet up with Hanbin soon too about the econ project, I'll just ask him to come here," Ari replied.

"Ooh right, Hanbin, discuss your project, sure," Jimin said sarcastically and wiggled his eyebrows.

Ari laughed, "Yes, just discussing the project, we both decided it's best to start early, and I barely know the guy by the way"

Ari texted him to meet her at the cafe to which he replied he'd be there within the next 15 minutes. "Nerds," mocked Jimin.

"Oh, we'll see about that when you come asking me for help before the midterms," Ari said.

"Ok, I take it back, I'm sorry," said Jimin, making Ari laugh. "I'm done for the day too, but I've got three classes tomorrow"

"Oh, which ones?" asked Jimin.

"Business management with Yenna, accounting with both Rena and Yenna and then statistics all by myself, the section they got was already full," Ari pouted.

"Wait are you taking statistics at 2 PM with Professor Lim?" asked Jimin excitedly.

"Yeah... how did you know?" Ari asked suspiciously.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter