One: First Day Back and Confrontation

Where Should I Go? [UPDATING AGAIN!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ari POV

I walked onto campus after parking my car, I had texted my best friends Yenna and Rena that I had reached and we agreed to meet in the student building.

As I pushed the door open, Light squeals of "Ariiiiii" reached my ears. Looking up, I saw two of my best friends since the first day of college running over to engulf me in a hug. "Hey, girls," I said as we broke the hug.

"Ugh I can't believe its time for another semester of work," said Rena.

"Don't remind me," Yenna stated.

Today was the first day of the second semester of your second year at HunHan University. The three of you had two classes together every day. But it wasn't just the three of you, you knew that your friend-turned-crush, Jungkook would be in those two classes with you, in economics and art history. 

As I walked into the art history class with my two friends, my eyes darted around the room to see if he was there, nope, no sign of him. Then again it was pretty early. You both were friends but not that close, mostly because of how you felt you were scared of becoming too awkward if you spent too long with him so you hadn't texted him at all during the break, but at least you'd be seeing him in a few moments as class started. Despite all that, whenever you two did hang out, your understanding was great, you would have so much fun together, but it just never seemed to happen that often.

The three of you took seats at the back of the class, where the seats were elevated highest. The projector screen showed a digital clock. When the clock showed 10.00, the door opened and a boy stepped in, your heart did a little flip, thinking it was Jungkook, but it wasn't, it was someone you'd never seen on campus before. He was... attractive and you knew you weren't the only one who thought so as both Rena and Yenna's eyes widened and the three of you exchanged looks as the guy walked in. He noticed you guys sitting there and smiled as he gave you guys a little wave. The three of you composed yourself, realizing he was looking at you. Wow. He had a really nice smile, you could've said he was a hottie with the blank expression he had while walking in but as soon as he smiled. Damn. He was cute. 

"Hello, I'm Hanbin. Just checking, this is art history with Professor Yen, right?" he said.

Yenna was first to break free of the trance and replied, "Yep, it is! I'm Yenna by the way and this is Rena and this is Ari," she finished while gesturing to the two of you as she said your names.

"Hi," said Rena.

"So are you new here?" Ari asked.

"Yeah, actually, I'm new. I just transferred here this semester," he replied as he sat down.

"Oh I see," you replied as you didn't know what other small talk to make. After that it was a bit obvious that the conversation was over so he turned around on his seat, facing the whiteboard and busied himself with his phone. A few minutes later, students started flooding into the room, expecting to see Jungkook any minute now, you grew a little anxious as you felt the butterflies in your stomach.

A further few minutes later, the course Professor walked into the room and started to introduce himself and the course. He's probably just late, you thought, he was almost always late to everything. But for a moment, and just a moment, you felt a fear in your heart for something else and Rena voiced your fear as she leaned in to whisper to the both of you, "I hope he doesn't make us do introductions, they're always so awkward." You and Yenna groaned in agreement. And as if on cue, Professor Yen stated, "How about we get to introduce ourselves, just names and majors, and then we'll go through what our goals are in this semester and what this course requires of you. How about we start with you?" he pointed to Hanbin as he was sitting in the right-most seat in the front row.

"My name is Hanbin and I'm a Civil Engineering Major."

"Ah, yes, I understand most of you will be taking this course as an elective, it is unfortunate there are such few art majors at this university, but all the same, it is a pleasure to be teaching you." You smiled, at least the professor wasn't some strict and by-the-book man. After

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter