EIGHT

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Does Yuqi like someone?”

 

Shuhua stared wide-eyed at the redheaded girl who had caught her at the door way just as she was about to leave. “Umm… I think she likes everyone. She’s really friendly!”

 

“Shuhua. You know perfectly well what I’m talking about.”

 

There was that look which frightened the maknae a little. She gulped. “Got to go, Ye Shuhua out!” She made for the door at an astonishing speed.

 

“Why does everyone know who she likes?” Soojin scoffed, sinking into the couch beside Soyeon with a huff. She turned to her best friend, “Yah, Jeon Soyeon.”

 

“Don’t ask me.” Soyeon raised a hand up in defence before her full name left Soojin’s lips. There was a moment of peacefulness before the redhead began slowly fidgeting in her seat. Soyeon looked at her with an irritated stare, “Soojin…”

 

“So, who is it?” The redhead asked with curious eyes.

 

“I was going to tell you to ask her yourself.” Soyeon rolled her eyes, “As your bestie, that’s the only advice I can give, okay? Don’t ever think you can get the answer out of me.”

 

“So much for being a bestie, Soyeon.” Soojin pouted and got up, folding her arms. “I was going to make some pudding, but I guess I’m not anymore.” She smirked as she sees the frustration work on their leader’s face.

 

Soyeon gritted her teeth, “Good bye, pudding.”

 

“Good bye, bestie.” Soojin tossed the couch cushion at her before leaving.

 

Soyeon yelped at the impact of the throw, scowling. “Well, I don’t befriend dumb people anyway!” She called out as Soojin’s back disappeared into the rooms. Letting out a chuckle when Soojin’s retort came.

 

“Neither do I!”

 

 

***

 

 

“Why do you care so much about who Yuqi likes?” Miyeon’s voice interrupted.

 

“Unnie…” Soojin directed a rare pout towards the oldest of the group. “You won’t tell me either huh?”

 

“To be honest, they didn’t tell me too.” Miyeon chuckled lightly, dropping onto Soojin’s bed. “But… Maybe you could trace Yuqi’s actions?”

 

“Trace her actions?” Soojin hugged at her pillow.

 

“Like think of what she’s been doing?” The older girl listed out with her fingers, “Who she spends time with? Who she talks about? Habits? I don’t know.”

 

“You know what’s funny?” Soojin scoffed with defeated eyes, “I thought we were getting closer these days. I thought I mean more to her than that. She’s been so sweet to me and we’ve been talking loads about everything. It’s just sad that she doesn’t trust me enough to tell me this…”

 

Miyeon frowned a little and then tilted her head, “Oh…”

 

“I mean… Who she likes is a big deal. I have to know.”

 

“It is a big deal.” Miyeon agreed.

 

“Maybe she likes Lucas from NCT…” Soojin suddenly sat up, making Miyeon flinch, “Or Lai Guanlin! Since Guanlin trained with her!”

 

“Calm down and stop assuming so fast…” Miyeon laughed, reaching out to squish Soojin by the cheeks.

 

Soojin lets out a whine and held onto Miyeon’s hands. “She knows who I like so why won’t she tell me who she likes?”

 

Miyeon suddenly coughed and choked, releasing Soojin’s cheeks to cover . “S-Sorry, choked on my saliva.”

 

“Water?” Soojin held out a bottle.

 

“No, I’m good!” Miyeon patted at her chest and slowly exhaled, “Soojin… Have you ever tried asking her who she likes?”

 

“She won’t tell me.”

 

Miyeon gave her a meaningful look, “Won’t tell you or you won’t ask her properly? Like really ask her.”

 

Soojin at her lips, hugging her pillow closer to her chest. She averted her gaze to the wall when Miyeon reached for her hand.

 

“Seems to me… You don’t approve of her liking someone.” Miyeon wrapped her arms around Soojin’s frame. “Whoever it is, she deserves someone perfect. Right…?”

 

“Y-Yeah.” Soojin swallowed upon hearing Miyeon’s words. “Yeah she does. I have to approve of whoever she likes.” She coughed. “We. We all have to approve. Right?”

 

“Because she deserves only the best. Right?” Miyeon egged her on with a slight knowing smile.

 

“Right!” Soojin pointed in agreement at Miyeon, beaming widely.

 

“You go tell her that, Soojin!” The older girl pumped a fist in the air cutely.

 

“Right!” The redhead shot out of bed and headed for the other room, looking for the Chinese girl.

 

“Ah…” Miyeon flopped back onto the bed and lets out a sigh, “I’m so sorry, Soojin… But no matter what happens after, I wish you all the happiness you can get.” She whispered.

 

 

***

 

 

Yuqi took a deep breath while facing Shuhua.

 

Her fists clenched while she sang the chorus, “I’m always wanting you, can’t we be in love? It’ll be hard, but I’ll endure through it for you ~ I only love yo

Please log in to read the full chapter