ELEVEN

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N : Double Update for my aMAZEing readers :' )

________________________________________________

 

Being overwhelmed was an understatement.

 

Soojin was still clutching at the journal by the time Soyeon appeared at the balcony, announcing dinner time. They stared at each other for a long moment. Soyeon quickly processing the situation, noticing that it was Yuqi’s journal the latter was holding.

 

That expression that came after would have been funny for anyone but Soojin was reeling from the words of the journal. Words that stole her breath and squeezed at her chest a little too painfully.

 

“Soyeon…”

 

“You should not have read that.” The best friend said simply. “It was very private.”

 

“No…”

 

“Yuqi is not ready or she would have told you.” Soyeon was frowning, “What were you thinking when you took up that book huh?”

 

“I…”

 

“Seo Soojin, how could you peek into her privacy?”

 

“You knew about this… Right?” Soojin’s voice came out as a whisper, as if she was almost afraid to know the answer.

 

“Everyone knew.”

 

“Gosh, I feel so…” She pinched the bridge of her nose, slowly exhaling. “She did not have to deal with this… I can’t believe I…” She trailed off with a sigh.

 

Soyeon dropped into the seat beside Soojin, wrapping her arms around her best friend. “It’s okay.”

 

“It’s…” Soojin frowned, sighing again, “It’s not okay. It’s not okay at all…” She repeated.

 

Soyeon watched her carefully. “You alright?”

 

“No. I have to talk to her…”

 

“Soojin, what are y-” The petite leader tried to stop her, but the girl had already left. Journal armed in hand and bottom lip bitten on. “Soojin… Please don’t do anything too dumb.”

 

 

***

 

 

Soojin quietly watched the Chinese girl.

 

Yuqi was tangled arm in arm with their maknae. They were watching a mandarin film on the television. It was their day-off and enjoying a movie at home should not be irritable but Soojin felt a slight prickle of annoyance.

 

“Hey.”

 

Both girls jumped. Shuhua was the first to look at Soojin, noticing something within her unnie’s eyes. She playfully excused herself despite Yuqi whining. They were both left alone after. The sound of the film felt far away as they sat beside each other on the couch.

 

“You’re pretty lame…” Soojin began.

 

Yuqi had a raised brow, “Is this another unplanned argument we are having?”

 

 “Your puns are never ending.” The older continued.

 

“Why, your laziness is endless.” The Chinese girl was already smirking.

 

“You’re really dumb, Song Yuqi.”

 

“Only so I can match you, unnie.”

 

“Your facial expressions are a tell-tale sign.”

 

“Yeah? I like to communicate with my face.”

 

“You always make me wanna smack you.”

 

“Are you subtly trying to be savage?”

 

“Do you think I’m slow at noticing things?”

 

“Kind of.” Yuqi chuckled with a teasing grin. “Quite slow.”

Please log in to read the full chapter