TWO

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Shuhua was voted as the one who knew how to live her life happily.

 

Sometimes she finds her mind drifting to this particular thought of what it meant to be living happily. She knew she had loads of fun at work and enjoyed most of the things she does but that was because she had the others by her side. Sometimes she wonders how different things would be without them around.

 

The thought honestly frightened her.

 

The first time Yuqi had been invited to Knowing Brothers, the Chinese girl had mentioned that it was interesting, but she wished the others had been there too. It led her to question if she could survive a show on her own.

 

Miyeon had found Shuhua staring into blank space one day.

 

“Hey…”

 

The youngest of the group looked up with eyes that surprised the older girl.

 

“Shuhua… what’s wrong? You okay?” Miyeon had already settled herself beside the Taiwanese.

 

“Just thinking… about stuff.”

 

“Why are you thinking about stuffs that make you feel lonely?”

 

Shuhua blinked at the words, mouth slightly agape, “How-”

 

“I can see it in your eyes…” Miyeon answered, reaching out to squish at the younger’s cheeks. “Why so lonely?”

 

“Because I don’t want to be left behind… I don’t want to be lacking. I just want to be good enough.” Shuhua was honest to a T whenever she spoke her mind.

 

Miyeon however gave her a knowing smile, “I think you are good enough but can’t see it.”

 

“How so?” Shuhua tilted her chin up, challenging Miyeon to prove her point.

 

The older girl lifted her thumb, “Your Korean pronunciation is great.” She raised her index finger next, “You learn things really fast.” Shuhua was already slightly pink in the cheeks while analysing Miyeon’s words carefully, “And your dance is beautiful.”

 

“Seriously…?” Shuhua wondered how Miyeon could always smile so prettily without effort.

 

“No kidding.”

 

“Alright. I shall accept those for now.” She concluded coolly with a teasing tone. “By the way, you smell.”

 

Miyeon choked and hit her chest a couple of times trying to breathe, “What?!”

 

“Did you shower in your perfume or something?” The youngest took a sniff and pretended to blanch at the scent. “So gross.”

 

The oldest had dropped jaws, “I so do not smell! This is really expensive perfume!”

 

Shuhua was already up on her feet, dusting at her pants. “Ew. Better get a refund, unnie. They cheated you.” She covered her nose and vanished out the room before Miyeon could defend her favourite fragrant.

 

“Yah, Ye Shuhua!!”

 

Miyeon went out of the room only to see Shuhua glomp on Soojin who was snoozing on the couch. Still refusing to let the maknae win, she dove into the couch to join them. They both began pushing each other out of the seat, laughing while almost falling off.

 

Soojin woke to the sudden noise and movement, “Yah…”

 

“Yah… Miyeon unnie, you woke Soojin unnie up!” The maknae pointed accusingly at the oldest one, holding onto Soojin’s shoulder.

 

“You were the one who woke her up, don’t blame me!” Miyeon clung tightly onto Soojin’s arm as well.

 

Soojin groaned weakly and tried to free herself from their grasps, miserably failing as Shuhua wrapped her arms tightly around her waist.

 

“Unnie, don’t go!” The youngest yelled and attempted to kick the oldest girl off the couch.

 

“Guys… My head hurts… Seriously…” Soojin sighed when the maknae’s arms did not even loosen, Miyeon’s hold was beginning to hurt her arm as well.

 

“Unnie, you know I love you most.” Shuhua began with a mischievous grin.

 

Soojin gulped and looked away, attempting to free herself again. “Let go of me, you two.” She did not appreciate being caught in the middle of these two, especially when they were not even paying the slightest attention to her. It made her feel empty.

 

“No! Soojin ah, I’m the one who loves you most!” Miyeon argued back, shaking Soojin by the arm.

 

“Soojin unnie treats me the best! She cooks for me whenever I’m hungry. Her cooking is so delicious, I want to marry her!” Shuhua exclaimed with a winning smirk.

 

The rest of Miyeon’s argument were not heard. Soojin felt her breath being stolen by the culprit in the name of Ye Shuhua. Her heart was beating so fast, her ear drums rang with every beat. Her face went pale with pain but went unnoticed by the other two.

 

“What are the both of you doing?!” Another voice rang out.

 

Soojin felt her body being freed and instantly crumpled into the arms who managed to catch her in time. She looked up, meeting a familiar pair of doe-eyes smiling back at her. “Y-Yuqi?”

 

“Yuqi unnie, what are you doing? Don’t touch my wife!” Shuhua started off another playful war with the second youngest.

 

“Yah, why is she yours? Soojin unnie is mine! Miyeon unnie, please collect your evil subject.” Yuqi smoothly teased, inciting the maknae.

 

Miyeon then wrapped her arms around Shuhua, “Yah, shouldn’t you be nice to me too? I’ve been taking good care of you, but you’re so mean to me!”

 

“Really?” Shuhua tilted her head, speaking in a sing-song tune. “I don’t think so ~!”

 

“I even did your nails for you!” Miyeon whined, not letting the maknae out of her grasp. “Why are you mean only to me?!”

 

“But Miyeon unnie…” Shuhua leaned her head against Miyeon’s shoulder, letting her nose linger for a brief moment. “You still smell.”

 

“YAH!”

 

Yuqi chuckled at their interactions. They were undeniably hilarious at times, although at a level a bit too intense for their liking. She glanced down to see Soojin with a blank expression and gave the girl a soft nudge on the arm.

 

“Hey, you wanna go for a walk? There’s this book I wanna get from the book store.”

 

Soojin was up instantly, pulling Yuqi with her. Their leaving went unnoticed by the bickering pair who were still going on about Miyeon’s perfume. Yuqi grabbed a jacket and hurriedly follow after Soojin.

 

“What book are you getting?”

Please log in to read the full chapter