NINE

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Are they still talking?” Shuhua whispered.

 

The figures of two ladies stood by the slightly opened door, eavesdropping on the conversation in the room. Another figure sat on the couch outside in the living room.

 

“You know… if we did not know better, we’d think they were already dating…” Minnie grinned.

 

“Yeap. With Soojin unnie on top and Yuqi the bottom.” Shuhua replied with a nod.

 

“Hey, stop talking dirty.” The Thai girl remarked. She smacked the youngest on the shoulder, glaring as Shuhua turned return the glare.

 

“Clearly, that’s what we’re looking at right now. Through the open crack of the bedroom door…”

 

“Stop being such a ert, maknae.”

 

“After you.” The maknae gestured with mock-politeness.

 

“Girls.”

 

They both jumped as the leader called out without warning.

 

A pout instantly donned on Shuhua’s face, “Don’t tell us to stop, Soyeon unnie! We’re bored!”

 

“Still, stop bothering them. Give them some privacy for goodness’s sake.” Soyeon shook her head, frowning as she jolted some experimental rap lyrics into a notebook. “Don’t come over here either, I’m busy.” She promptly said without looking up, missing their sulks.

 

“Oh Sh-!” Minnie jumped away from the door, eyes widened. “They’re coming out!”

 

 

***

 

 

The mysterious thing about ice cream.

 

Possibly three quarters of the entire population would resort to having ice cream, or at least think of it, when in a bad mood. The chilly, cool, sweetness that melts right in your mouth. A sensory delight that erases all negativity.

 

Soojin had her arms linked with Yuqi’s as they stepped out of the dorm. Light laughter amongst themselves as they talked about the expression of horror on Minnie’s face.

 

“Were they actually spying on us?” The Chinese girl snorted with a chuckle.

 

“They were so spying on us.” The redhead smirked, an amused grin tugged at her lips. “Strawberry? Or perhaps salted caramel?” She casually asked.

 

Yuqi’s gaze was one of surprise, “How did you…”

 

Soojin shrugged, pulling at their joint arms as they entered the new street cafeteria. A new set up in a cosy corner of their neighbourhood. The redhead had fallen in love with the place as the interior design made her feel as if she is back in New York.

 

A satisfied beam reflected off her dainty features as she watched Yuqi stared on with opened wide.

 

“This place is gorgeous!”

 

“It is.” Soojin grinned, raising her brows. “Reminds you a lot of New York, right?”

 

“Well yeah… Kind of…” Yuqi was still turning around, taking in all the delicate decorations.

 

“Stop spinning around, silly. Come over here.” Soojin had already seated herself by the window, overlooking the small garden outside.

 

Yuqi dropped herself into the seat opposite of Soojin. “How did you find this place?”

 

“We live here.”

 

“Oh.” Yuqi made a face and then chuckled, “Suddenly I feel dumb.”

 

“You’ve always been dumb.” Soojin lets out a good-natured laugh, pushing the menu closer to the other. “Pick a drink, I’ll order for us.”

 

“You’re finally treating?” Yuqi smirked at the expression Soojin had.

 

The redhead deadpanned, “Why do you ask it like I’ve never

Please log in to read the full chapter