TEN

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the super late update!! Thank you for being so patient. weeps.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

It felt strange that she did not have to worry about Soojin now.

 

Yuqi sat on the balcony of their dorm, tapping a pen on her journal. Sakura blossom stickers were stuck at the edges, along with some marker scrawling where she decorated the blank pages. Just her style.

 

I spent my days worrying about Soojin unnie’s feelings and now that she has settled her own emotions, I guess I feel relieved…

 

She leaned back into the chair, recalling the events of last week. After their return from the café, Soojin had asked what her wish was, and she had bluntly told the older girl to do whatever it was that pleases her. Soojin had this unreadable expression on her, one which made Yuqi nervous.

 

She could not tell if Soojin was hurt or angry and that made her extremely uncomfortable. It gave her the jitters that even her favourite past time could not soothe. The breaking pencil lines of a crappy sketch she attempted was proof.

 

Soojin unnie is free now. She is finally able to search for her true self which I hope she is doing.

 

A bird landed on the balcony ledge.

 

She smiled and held a finger out. The bird hopped away, bringing a slight pout out of her. It ruffled its feathers and chirped softly.

 

“Yes, I know.” She answered with a huff.

 

It chirped again, hopping closer this time.

 

She grinned. “Oh, you bet I’ll find something else to do.”

 

The bird hopped onto the table beside her and she took her hot drink away. It chirped and stared at her.

 

“This is mine.” She frowned. “I’ll get you water if you’re thir-”

 

“Am I watching you converse with a bird?” The sliding door of the balcony slid open.

 

She flushed at the voice and was about to retort when all words and meaning left her mind. Her soul felt like it was seeping away from her body.

 

“Soojin unnie, your hair-” She stammered.

 

“What? I’ve decided that my hair needed a rest. Besides, black feels refreshing.”

 

The slight drop in her tone was a tell-tale sign of the older girl being nervous. Her gaze fell to Soojin’s habit of twirling a loose strand of her hair while fidgeting on the spot. “You look great.”

 

“I do?” There was a glimpse of doubt in those brown eyes.

 

The younger girl was already on her feet, reach

Please log in to read the full chapter