SEVEN

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Hey Soyeon.”

 

“Yeah Minnie?” The petite leader casted a glance at the older girl. “Did you ruin breakfast again?”

 

“What? No!” The girl was slightly offended, “For your information, Soojin agreed that my cooking was good, okay?”

 

“Whatever floats your boat, Minnie.”

 

“Don’t you ‘Minnie’ me!” The older girl sulked childishly, pointing an accusing finger at their leader.

 

Soyeon lets out a chuckle and raised questioning brows, “So, what was it you wanted to say?”

 

“You know how Yuqi likes Soojin right?” The Thai girl started but was stopped when Soyeon suddenly leaped out of her chair and head to the kitchen door.

 

She frowned as she watched Soyeon peer around before returning to the counter seat, “Okay, spill.”

 

“Um well, I just wanted to know your thoughts about all these…” Minnie took a seat at the other counter chair, reaching for her coffee cup. “You know like how it will probably affect our group dynamic.”

 

“Hmm…” Soyeon stared at her drink, making slow stirrings in the smooth caramel swirls. “If you’re asking for my personal opinions, my take is that these are all fine. I wouldn’t say nothing can go wrong. Plenty could go wrong, if you think about it, but then Minnie…” She paused with softened gaze, “They love each other so much, do you have the heart to tell them no?”

 

“I wasn’t going to do anything other than give my support. Just wanted to know your thoughts.”

 

Soyeon smiled, “Well, there you go.”

 

“Also, I feel like…” Minnie’s eyes narrowed in concentration as she carefully spoke her next words, “With these emotions in place, our songs could probably be sung better?”

 

“They might even write better lyrics than I do.” Soyeon casually agreed. “You don’t know what love can do the mind and soul. All the feels.”

 

“Yeah, I know right?” Minnie nodded slowly, eyes intense in agreement. “Time for a songwriter change.”

 

Soyeon paused for a bit, staring at Minnie with a raised brow. “Really?”

 

“Nah, I was just kidding. I love your songs.” The older girl burst into light chuckles, laughing while cradling her drink in both hands.

 

“You are really…” Soyeon at her lips, biting them while holding back a retort.

 

Minnie continued quickly, “The voice of your songs?”

 

“The voice of what song?”

 

They both jumped as Miyeon suddenly entered the kitchen. She headed to the cupboard, taking out a tea bag from the box. The sudden silence made her turn around, quizzing them with her eyes.

 

“Okay… What’s going on? Why is there always this strange mood whenever I bump into you two?”

 

“Nothing, unnie.” Soyeon grinned.

 

“We love you.” Minnie added. “You the best.”

 

The oldest of the group made a knowing face, shaking her head as she left the kitchen, hot drink in hand. Soyeon and Minnie exchanged smirks and wiggling brows.

 

 

***

 

Please log in to read the full chapter