FIVE

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yuqi woke to a soft weight pressing against her side.

 

The enticing flowery scent made her heart race as she recognized it to come from her favourite redhead. She stopped herself just upon realising she was leaning into a dangerous temptation. Lips hovering slightly above Soojin’s head.

 

Biting her lip, she willed herself to pull away. Thoughts of yesterday filled her mind.

 

They were both admitted into the hospital with Miyeon, Minnie and Soyeon tagging along in the group van. Soojin had been rudely jolted awake. She had watched the three older girls barge into the room and lug Soojin’s frame (very gently) off the bed without any sort of explanation. Not that the girl had asked. She had been so surprised she couldn’t speak. Yuqi would have laughed if not for the situation.

 

She had later waited for the doctor to finish examining Soojin before making her way to the redhead’s room. She remembered just lingering by the side, unsure of what to do and then…

 

“You’re late.” Soojin had suddenly said.

 

“Oh.” She didn’t know what to say, not when the older girl still had her face covered with a pillow, “You alright, unnie? Able to sleep?”

 

“Actually… I can’t.”

 

Yuqi had no idea what possessed her then. She had clapped and then stopped abruptly when she realized it was echoing down the halls. She saw how Soojin looked at her weirdly and cleared . “Well. Tonight’s once again your lucky night, Seo Soojin-ssi.”

 

Soojin’s soft giggle had felt like tickles against her ears. “And why is that?”

 

“Because the great me has realized how nice this room feels. I have decided to accompany you for a night free of charge.”

 

Soojin chuckled, rolling her eyes. She pulled the blanket up, “Get in before I change my mind.”

 

The younger girl began chuckling as she recalled how she almost stole the entire blanket from Soojin on purpose just to test the older girl’s reaction. Of course, she returned the blanket.

 

“Why… are you laughing to yourself…”

 

Yuqi choked and hit at her chest, “What?! I wasn’t!”

 

Soojin snorted and tightened her arms around Yuqi’s waist, “It’s too early to be annoying…”

 

“Wow. There’s a time to be annoying?” The Chinese chuckled, “How’s your foot, unnie?”

 

“Sore…” Soojin mumbled, her voice thick with slumber. “I don’t wanna get out of bed…”

 

“That’s what you say every day.”

 

Soojin lets out a loud whine in protest, hitting Yuqi on the hand. The younger grimaced, biting her lip to suppress a hiss.

 

“Oh crap- Your hand’s hurt?” Soojin pulled away and carefully took the bruised hand up for a closer inspection. She pouted at the dark shades over Yuqi’s fair skin. “How?”

 

“When we fell, you sort of… fell on top of my hand.” Yuqi lets out a chuckle, “Did you know? That was like 40 KG worth of oomph!”

 

“What?” Soojin’s gaze of concerned changed several times, “Wait, wait- How did you know my weight?”

 

“Are you like super awake now after hearing that?”

 

“Asking for a death wish, Song Yuqi?” Soojin deadpanned at the younger who was laughing against a pillow. She gave a wry smile before joining in with light chuckles. “Why are you such a dork?”

 

“Says who?!” Yuqi retorted.

 

Soojin was about to give a comeback but the door opened, surprising both girls well. “Eh…”

 

“Hello, how are you girls?” Soyeon peeked behind the door, grinning as she sees both of them already up. She yelped softly and stumbled forward at a push from behind.

 

Minnie came through with a beaming smile, “We brought you food! Cooked by yours truly. Say thank you, and yes you’re welcome!”

 

Yuqi made a face, “Is Minnie unnie drunk?”

 

Soyeon looked at the mentioned girl carefully, “She just wants us to call her the cook of the group.”

 

“That’s Soojin unnie though…” Yuqi teased and then pouted slightly, reaching both hands towards Minnie, “I’m sorry, please give me some food. I was dying to taste your cooking, unnie! Minnie unnie ~!” She began whining.

 

“Actually, Soyeon helped make it too. Besides, we all know whose food you’re dying to taste.” Minnie stuck her tongue out at the second maknae, proceeding to pour the porridge out neatly into a bowl.

 

Yuqi fell silent while Soyeon burst into laughter.

 

Soojin, on the other hand, looked thoroughly confused. “You both know who Yuqi likes?! Why am I the last to know?!” She rounded on the younger girl.

Please log in to read the full chapter