Chapter 20

You're My Little Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun came into the kitchen where Jiah was busy kneading the pizza dough. Her hair were tangled in a messy bun with few strands coming down her face. There were flour patches on the side of her forehead and some on her right cheek.

He bit back his smile and said "Chanyeol wants your advice".

She looked up and released a puff of air to get the hair strands away from here face and when it didn't work she huffed.

"About what?" She asked.

"I'll put him on speaker" Baekhyun said and pressed the button on his phone and put it on the counter.

"Jiah" Chanyeol's voice boomed.

"Yes Chan" She replied while working on the dough.

Baekhyun stood to her side listening to the conversation.

"I wanted your advice on something" He asked hesitantly.

Before she could say anything Baekhyun's voice cut in.

"Why aren't you wearing the apron?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I forgot" She said sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes and went to look for the apron.

"Jiah?" Chanyeol's voice came.

"Yeah I'm here" She replied stretching the dough.

"Can you tell me what places does Soyeon likes?" He asked.

"Here you go" Baekhyun came with a apron.

She looked up at him and then towards her hands which were covered in dough and then back at him. 

Without saying anything, he brought the apron above her head sliding it down her neck and then grabbed both the strips taking them behind her back through hugging her but then he stopped for a moment and looked at her sheepishly, she only glared at him and then he turned her by the shoulder and knotted the strips at her back.

"Hello?" Chanyeol's irritated voice came.

"I'm here" Jiah replied spreading the dough in circle.

"Doesn't seem like it" He snorted.

"Do you want my advice or not?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yes so tell me what kind of places does she like" He asked again.

"Well She likes mountains" Jiah said after some thought.

"What about you?" Baekhyun asked beside her popping a candy into his mouth.

"I'm more of a beach person" She replied casually.

"And between flowers or chocolates?" Chanyeol asked on the phone.

"Chocolates. Definitely chocolates" Jiah replied and release a puff of air to get the strands away from her face again.

"What about you?" Baekhyun asked taking her hair strands from her forehead tucking them behind her ear while she looked at him dumfounded.

"I like both" She shrugged with tinted cheeks.

"Baek get out of there" Chanyeol grunted.

"What did i do?" He rolled his eyes playfully.

"You're disturbing me" Chanyeol huffed.

"Why are you asking all of these anyways?" Jiah cut in curiously.

"Ah that... I'm gonna..." He trailed.

"What?" Jiah asked confused.

"He's gonna propose to her" Baekhyun sniggered.

"Really?" Jiah asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah kind of" Chanyeol said weakly.

"That fast huh?" Jiah smirked.

"I know!! Isn't it too fast for them, they've been dating for like 3 months?" Baekhyun said moving his hands in the air ridiculously looking at her.

"Are you saying that 3 months are not enough?" Jiah asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well is it?" He asked back.

"I think it's enough" Chanyeol said.

"No one asked you" Baekhyun snapped at him.

"Your husband is a very bad man" Chanyeol said with mocked hurt.

"I agree" Jiah said finishing the toppings and putting the pizza in the oven.

"This should be ready in 25 minutes top" She mumbled setting the timer.

"What are you making?" Chanyeol asked.

"Pizza" Baekhyun said with a teasing grin though Chanyeol couldn't see it.

"Can you teach Soyeon too or just teach her how to boil rice, I'll be eternally grateful" He sighed.

Jiah laughed and Baekhyun shook his head.
_______________

Jiah walked into the kitchen to make herself some coffee. She collided with something hard in front of her and winced. She looked up with a frown to find Baekhyun giggling like a girl.

"What is it?" She snapped angrily.

"Woah, why are you snappy?" He held up his hands in defense.

"Your face irritates me" She rolled her eyes and walked passed him.

Baekhyun smiled like a Cheshire cat and then immediately scurried towards his room.

He started counting with a mischievous grin and on the count of three he heard her scream and he doubled over laughter.

He laughed and then suddenly stopped when he heard no screaming or noise coming from Jiah. Usually she would come knocking at his door with bunch of profanities. But right now it was painfully quite.

He poke his head out and when he saw the empty lounge, he walked towards the kitchen.

He came inside the kitchen and stopped abruptly.

Jiah was sitting with her back on the wall, her head in her knees. She was grabbing her legs tightly that her knuckles turned white.

Baekhyun noticed she was shaking slightly. He immediately walked towards her and then bend down to her level.

"Jiah" He called out to her.

"T-there is a c-cockroach" She stuttered with a sob.

"It's just a cockroach" He chuckled.

When she didn't move a muscle, it hit him and then multiple emotions crossed his face, surprise then guilt and then empathy.

"You've a fear of them?" He asked softly.

She gave a nod of her head though lightly but didn't dare to look up.

He immediately took off the fake cockroach from the counter and dropped it in the trash bin.

"I'm so sorry" He pulled her in a hug.

"Why are you saying sorry?" She mumbled in his chest.

"It was my mistake, it's not real" He said reluctantly.

"What?" She looked up at him with confusion and then pushed him with her hand.

"Did you put it on the counter?" She asked with disbelief.

When he didn't reply, she sobbed and he panicked.

"Don't cry please, I'm so sorry" He almost pleaded to her.

"Why did you do it, you scumbag! I was terrified" She yelled with teary eyes hitting him on the chest.

"It's not even real" He tried to reason.

"It doesn't matter Baekhyun. I'm terrified of them" She sobbed covering her face with her hands.

He pulled her in a hug again and when she tried to get free from his embrace, he tightened it.

"I didn't know. I'm really sorry Jiah" He said with guilt.

"I won't do it again" He mumbled in her hair.

They remain like this for at least an hour.Baekhyun looked down at her face, sliding the strands of her hair behind her ear. She was asleep in his arms.

He carried her to her bedroom and tucked her in the sheets. Giving her a last look and a peck on the forehead, he came back in his room and screamed in pillow.

"You're such an idiot Byun Baekhyun" He gritted.

"And hopeless" He added sulkily.
____________

When the morning came and Jiah got o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter