Chapter 19

You're My Little Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Soyeon and Chanyeol left, Jiah announced that they should go for a grocery shopping because they were running out of alot of stuff.

So here they were arguing on what flavor of juice should they buy.

"Orange is best" Jiah frowned.

"But Apple is healthy" Baekhyun said with a scowl.

"Then eat apples" Jiah glared at him.

Baekhyun sighed and said "What's so good about orange juice" 

"It's refreshing" Jiah shrugged with furrowed eyebrows and a small pout.

"I don't understand why are we arguing over this when we can take both" Baekhyun said taking both cartons.

"You were the one who started it" Jiah scoffed walking past him.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and started dragging the cart behind her.

She took different vegetables and fruits and put them in the cart.

"Put that back" Baekhyun broke the silence and Jiah turned to him with cucumbers in her hands.

"Why?" She sighed tiredly.

"I don't like it" He made a face.

"Are you kidding me?" She said exasperated.

"No I'm not. I hate their smell" He scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"I don't" She deadpanned and put them in the cart.

"Why did i marry you again?" He said with a frown.

"That's what i ask myself everytime we argue" She mumbled looking at the packaging of some product.

She heard him scoffing so she looked at him with a poker face and then walked towards the fruit section and grabbed a box of strawberries.

"Here you go, now happy?" She put them in a cart.

"Very" He grinned at her.

She rolled here eyes playfully and turned towards the next section.

"Should we buy this too" Baekhyun's voice boomed in her ears and she turned towards him.

"Instant ramyun?" She furrowed here eyebrows.

"Yeah" He shrugged putting them in the cart.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"For me to eat whenever i come home hungry" He said walking past her.

"I can make you food I'm not that petty" She blurted out before she can stop herself.

Baekhyun turned towards her with a playful grin and it occurred to her he did this to make her feel bad about herself.

"You promise?" He asked smiling mischievously.

"No i take that back" She said quickly and walked ahead.

"No no you can't back off now" He whined walking behind her like a puppy.

"Why not" She scoffed without turning towards him.

"Because i said so" He scowled at the back of her head.

"I'm not obliged to you" She mumbled looking at the group of boys came inside the mart.

Looking at the uniform they were probably highschool students. They were laughing and teasing each other.

"You vowed to take care of me" He said coming to her side.

When she didn't say anything, he looked towards where she was looking at and then back at her.

"Don't tell me you've a kink for young boys" He furrowed his eyebrows.

And then she turned towards him with a death scowl.

"What?! You were ogling them" He immediately defended himself.

When she didn't say anything he continued "I've to say I'm a little envious, I'm much more handsome than them yet you don't look at me like that" 

"That's because you're short" She snorted.

He gasped dramatically "Take that back" 

"Never" She smiled mischievously knowing she must have hit the weak spot.

"I'm actually taller than you" He reminded her with a smug.

"5'5 is normal for girls and I'm a girl" She rolled her eyes.

"You didn't tell me why were you looking at them like that" He said changing the subject.

"It reminded me of my high school days" She said with a sigh.

"By looking at the group of boys?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes because we used to go to the marts too" She explained.

"Now that you mention it, i used to do the same. We even had the band of our own in school" He told her walking with the cart behind her.

"Really?!" She said with gleaming eyes getting interested.

"Yes. I was the main vocalist" He said with a proud face.

"That's how you got all the girl swooning over you" She said with a sweet smile (a sarcastic one).

"Those were the dark times" He sighed dreamily.

She scowled at him "Doesn't seem like it".

"I think we may have some videos of our performances, I've to ask Chanyeol" He said and took out his phone from the back pocket to text Chanyeol.

When they finished with the payment and putting all the shopping bags at the back seat, Jiah got her eyes on something on the other side of the road.

"Tteokbeokki" She pointed at the stall with her finger.

"Please we're not eating it" He rolled his eyes.

"Please Baekhyun" She said with puppy eyes.

"No! What if we get caught on camera" He shook his head.

"We will not. Even last time-" She stopped mid sentence and squinted her eyes at him.

"What?" He asked looking everywhere but her.

"You liar" She lunged on him and he ran for his life.

"You lied to me you prick" She hissed at his back.

"I did not" He yelled back.

She stopped to catch her breath, Baekhyun stopped too and turned towards her, breathing heavily.

"You lied you moron" She growled at him.

"It's not my mistake that they didn't publish it" He shrugged.

"Get me tteokbeokki" She folded her arms on her chest.

"Fine" He grunted walking towards her and she grinned.
______________

Jiah woke up a little early next morning. She came out into the lounge and looked towards Baekhyun's closed door. 

She tip toe towards it, praying that it wouldn't be locked. She stood in front of it, taking a deep breath she grabbed the doorknob and turned it.

It opened with a click sound and she held her breath. She poke her head inside to take a look on Baekhyun. He was sleeping peacefully on his back. 

Jiah immediately went to her room and came back with a black marker in her hand. She slipped inside his room and walked towards him.

Sitting on the side of his bed, she took a look at him and waved her hand in front of his face to make sure he's deep in his sleep.

When he didn't budge, she moved his bangs out of his forehead slowly and carefully. Then she brought the marker to his forehead and started.

Her hands were shaking and she cursed under her breath to her lack of confidence.

Taking a deep breath she started with a "R", when he didn't move she continued.

When she got to the another "R", he stirred and mumbled something incoherent and Jiah held her breath.

When he went back to sleep, she finished her work with a satisfied smile and then moved his bangs back to his forehead again.

When she was pulling her hand back, Baekhyun decided to move towards his side taking her hand with him. 

She stared wide eyed at his back. Her hand was tangled in his hands and the fact that he was on his side was making her hand hurts.

She carefully tried to pull it out but couldn't do so. She rolled her eyes at her stupidity and huffed. The pain was getting unbearable.

This time when she tried to pull her hand he stirred and his eyes shot open. Then he turned towards her with a confused face and she had the sudden urge to laugh at her work.

"What are you doing?" He asked groggily with a deep voice.

She pulled her hand with a pained sound, rubbing her forearm with her other hand.

"I came to wake you up" She muttered reluctantly.

"What happened to your arm" He asked with a yawn.

She felt kind of a shudder at his deep sleepy voice. It was intimidating.

"You grabbed my hand in your sleep" She said getting up on her feet.

"I would never do that" He scoffed.

"Whatever" She scurried back to the lounge without giving him a chance to reply and huffed a breath.

"The storm will come" She muttered and then walked towards the kitchen.

"Kim Jiah" Baekhyun's loud voice interrupt her breakfast and she squeaked, suddenly feeling to crawl inside a hole where he can't see her.

When he walked inside the kitchen with "RETARD" written on his forehead, she looked at him and began "Technically I am Byun Jiah" She tried to laugh but it came out as a whimper.

"Are you out of your god-damned mind woman" He ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter