Soon? How Soon? Tropicana Wants To Know

INSTALLMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jooe looked at her friend sitting next to her in the class who was attentively listening to the lecture. Just about half an hour ago, this same friend, Nancy, had been a mess, bombarding her with questions like "Why did Dabin take your number?", "Do you guys text every day?" "Why do you think she took your number?" and because Jooe didn't want to be caught talking during Professor Jang's lecture, she took 7 minutes to sneakily type Nancy a long message under the desk telling her that Dabin had taken her number only to make sure she(Jooe) brought her (Nancy) to the canteen so that they can settle the money payment.
Jooe's explanation seemed to have convinced Nancy as Nancy smiled at her after she read the message and turned towards the professor and she had been intently listening to him since.     Strange. Jooe thought before resuming taking notes.                 "Let's visit the canteen" Nancy proposed when the two friends walked out of the restroom     "You do know we have a class starting in a minute"  
"We can bunk, you know. Just this once. No harm done"  
"My mother won't be pleased if she hears I skip classes"  
"Relax. She won't know if you don't tell her"    
"That's true. But, are you really that hungry?"    
"No, I am not. Dabin and Hyebin unnie don't have any class for an hour if I remember correctly. So, we're gonna go look for them in the canteen since they hang out there a lot."                 It wasn't hard to find the two unnies in question. They were at the same table. Hyebin waved at the juniors and Dabin actually smiled a little when Nancy looked at her.
She smiled at me.
A goofy grin appeared on Nancy's face as they walked up to where the two seniors were sitting.        
Nancy sat across her crush.
"You guys aren't getting anything to eat?" Nancy asked.     "We just got here. Some of our friends will be joining soon" Hyebin answered.    
Jooe took out four Tropicana juice boxes from her backpack and silently distributed them among the four of them. Almost immediately, Dabin could be heard sending a quick thank you to Jooe.     "Wow, just how many have you got in your bag?" Hyebin asked picking up her share of the juice.    
"I brought  5 today" Jooe answered poking the straw into the straw hole.       Nancy noted that she got orange flavour. She didn't know why Jooe always gave her orange flavour every day. She did not like it. Her eyes immediately shifted to Dabin's which was mixed-fruit.   "I want mixed-fruit" Nancy complained.  
"Sorry," Jooe said sipping on hers, which was mixed-fruit as well.     "She always gives me orange, I don't know why," Nancy said looking at Hyebin.  
"I am guessing she doesn't like oranges that much and maybe she doesn't want to waste it as well" Hyebin reasoned from across the table.       "Here you go" Yeonwoo switched her mixed-fruit flavour with Nancy's.  
Nancy's heart warmed for a moment. Why is she so kind today? Maybe she feels bad about yesterday. She did kinda act like a declining my offer like that.    Nancy made sure to shoot Dabin one of the sweetest smiles she could manage.   Dabin smiled back just a little and shifted her gaze on her phone, her smile widening as she typed in her password.   She is affected by my smile. Omo, she is so cute I don't know what to do.       "You guys don't have any classes now?" Hyebin enquired.     "We do-"   "DON'T" Nancy cut Jooe off, "We don't" she added and smiled innocently at Hyebin.       Nancy glanced over at Dabin who was now busy smiling and typing on her phone.  
 
Nancy sighed as one minute passed and Dabin was still on the phone.
An infuriated Nancy folded her arms across her chest as she was not getting the attention she wanted from Dabin.   "Dabin, who are you texting?" Nancy asked.   Silence answered her.   "Dabin?"  
"Just a friend" Dabin replied keeping her phone on the table.  
"Really? Then why were you smiling like you were texting your boyfriend or something?" Nancy asked.     "What's gotten into you all of a sudden? I already told you I don't have a boyfriend. Why is it so hard for people to believe that I don't have a boyfriend?"  
It was true Dabin had told her she was not in a relationship. But Nancy could not help but doubt her.
She could have been lying for all I know.  
"W-What about girlfriend? Do you have a girlfriend?" Nancy asked.  
"Do I what?" Dabin asked in disbelief.     Jooe looked at her friend from the corner of her eyes and Hyebin started laughing.     "You heard me" Nancy pressed, staring right into her crush's eyes, which she realised was a mistake as Dabin stared right back.     "Why do you want to know?" Are you interested in me or something? Dabin wanted to tease Nancy a bit but restrained herself since the girl in front of her was turning red.     Nancy looked away, feeling embarrassed, "I-I didn't.. It wasn't.." she trailed off.       "What was that. Didn't hear you properly"       "It's Jooe," Nancy said, "J-Jooe wanted to know." She pointed a finger at Jooe who looked back with confusion.     "why?" It was Hyebin this time.     "Jooe has a crush on Dabin"     Jooe choked on her Tropicana mixed-fruit flavour and immediately started coughing like
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter