Burgundy!

INSTALLMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A groggy Nancy sat up on the bed, a curse immediately escaped as she did so. It was 7 in the morning and one might ask why she was grumpy so early in the morning. She had all the good reasons to be grumpy. She remembered she was in such a good position, pressing up against her crush last night. She also remembered not being able to stay awake for long to enjoy it. She had thought she'd get a chance to cuddle with Dabin for a bit when she woke up. But, here she was all alone in the bed.
At least I woke up under the blanket. She thought as she yawned, covering .        
When she got downstairs after having brushed and fixed her hair, her legs automatically carried her to where the kitchen was. As she neared the dining hall, she heard Dabin taking on the phone with someone.     "You didn't have to remind me again. I know exactly what today is" Dabin said and silence followed as Dabin listened to the voice on the other line.     " But who's idea was it to change the meeting place?"     Wait, what the hell is Dabin talking about? Nancy thought as her forehead creased.
She had completely stopped walking and was now standing with her arms crossed as she listened to the conversation. However, her thirst for answers was not quenched as she was only able to hear Dabin's side of the conversation.    
"Alright, whatever. I don't know where it is. Just text me the location"
Dabin tugged her hair in her ear after she hung up the phone and kept it on the table and picked up her chopsticks to resume eating her breakfast. Almost immediately, a beep was heard and she picked up her phone again to check.  That was when Nancy decided to walk the rest of the distance to where the dining table was.  
"you're finally up?" Dabin asked as she put a slice of meat in .  
Nancy didn't answer as she sat down on the chair nearest to Dabin.  
"Nancy ya? You're finally here." Ajumma said from behind her. Nancy was so focussed on Dabin's phone to notice ajumma walking in. "Let me put out you breakfast"    
"Eat a lot," Ajumma said after she had finished laying out a small rice bowl, three different banchan, soup and meat.
"Aren't you eating, ajumma?" Nancy asked.     "I already ate. Dabin here told me she would wait for you to come down but I guess she couldn't wait either."   A small smile tugged at the corner of Nancy's lips as she picked up her chopsticks.        
A couple of minutes later, Nancy asked. "Dabin, can I see your phone home screen?"     "Why?"     "Nothing. Just wondering if you have the same pic for both lock screen and home screen" You jerk, I want to check your inbox. Of course, I am not interested in your wallpaper.     "No. I have a different picture for the home screen."  
"What picture?"  
Dabin stared at Nancy for a bit. It was not very normal for people to ask her what her home screen looked like but then again, Nancy wasn't that much normal.     It wouldn't hurt her to show the girl her home screen right? Right. She swiped her phone that was still on the table between her and Nancy and immediately typed 3038, unlocking it before showing her home screen to Nancy. All Nancy saw was yellow. She couldn't focus on the screen as her mind desperately tried to permanently imprint the number 3038 in her brain.
Both were startled by the sound of a sudden incoming call. "Its Hyebin unnie" Nancy said out loud.         Nancy ate up all of her share of meat and rice as fast as she could while Dabin talked to Hyebin. She had to plan a way to get to Dabin's inbox.      
"Can I have more meat and rice please, Dabin?" She asked as soon as Dabin hung up the phone and placed it on the table. Yes, while Dabin went away to get the meat and rice, she could type 3038 quickly and access Dabin's inbox.   "Wow. That was fast! You ate all of it?"  
"Yeah. I did. It's really good. Ajumma is a real great cook" Nancy said giving a thumbs up.  
"Is it really that good?" Dabin asked. "I-I made the breakfast today" What am I saying? Why did I lie and tell her that? What's wrong with me?"  
"Dabin?" Nancy's impatient voice interrupted her self-protest.  
"Here, you can have mine." Dabin said, transferring all of her meat into Nancy's bowl.  
"But what about you?"     "I am full. I'll get you some rice"     "Yes, do that please"   But, to Nancy's great displeasure, Dabin took her phone with her as she went away to get some more rice.     Screw you Dabin    
*********     After Nancy washed her share of dishes, she went up to Dabin's room, going straight inside the open walk-in closet. Inside, she found Dabin standing with a pair of jeans in her hands, looking as if she was deciding what shirt to pick. The inside of the closet was so neat and everything organised so impeccably. The sight was a complete opposite from the other small normal closet Dabin had beside her bed.   Dabin turned around as soon as she sensed Nancy's presence.
She knew Nancy would be here. Just a while ago, when she walked past her to-be washed laundry basket, she had seen Nancy's clothes there. So, it was inevitable that Nancy would be borrowing her outfit.     "What's the matter?" Nancy spoke as she also busied herself, scanning the array of crop tops by her side. "Can't decide on what to wear?"  
"No," Dabin replied, plucking out a black blouse. "I got what I need"  
"You know, I think I will wear this" Nancy said as she held up a burgundy crop top.       "No.. Not that one" Dabin immediately objected.  
"Why not? I like this one."  
"Its-Its new and I haven't even tried it on yet."  
"Alright. If that's the case, try it on now and give it back so I can wear it. Win-win situation for both of us"  
"What? No. I can't do that right now. We're late for college and I also need to pick up Hyebin. Just pick another shirt."  
"Come'on Dabin, it won't take a minute. Just do it now"  
"God Dammit Nancy! wear whatever you want. I don't care anymore."  
"Thanks, Dabin" Nancy mumbled and walked to the other side of the closet.     Has this girl any sense of shame or what? Dabin let out a sigh and watched as Nancy now trailed her finger over the sides of the folded jeans on the shelves. Dabin couldn't help but chuckle as a thought suddenly occurred. It was funny how Nancy thought she could wear her jeans. It would look like a kid wearing her mother's pants.     "What's funny, Dabin?" Nancy was sudden to take offence.     "Nothing. Nothing's funny. Just hurry up its late"    
"Can't you see I am in a dilemma right now? I don't know what to wear?"       "Fine, then go outside and think for a while. I need to change."    
"I will be alright. Just change while I look for what to wear" Nancy replied, as she let her eyes wander around the closet, suppressing with all her might, the Cheshire cat grin that threatened to take over her face. Of course, she was not going outside and miss Dabin's stripping part.     For her part, Dabin couldn't believe her ears. "Nancy, seriously, I won't take two minutes, just wait out"  
"Dabin what's wrong with me being here? We're both girls here. Just strip. You said it's late, didn't you?"     A moment later, Nancy was pushed with a brute force out the door by a very enraged slash flustered Dabin.      
"Dabin, seriously, is this necessary?" Nancy yelled from outside.    No reply came from inside.  
"Fine. There's always next time" I mean of course she would have been okay if I was just another girl. Well, she's just being shy and that's totally understandable. Nancy nodded to herself and decided to wait out until Dabin came out.   While she stood leaning against the door, her eyes landed on Dabin's phone on the bed. Oh ! Chance!  
She was immediately by the bed. She took the phone and pressed 3038 and she was in. She tapped on the first comment thread with the name Sung Jiyeon and read the conversation.
Here is the address they were talking about. I need a pen I need a pen.           When Dabin finally came out, Nancy immediately flipped the phone over in her hand. She had noted the address down but the temptation to check other msg threads in the inbox had been too strong for Nancy. She ended up giving in.     "I was just admiring your phone cover. " Nancy calmly said. "Anyway, what took you so long?"  
"I'll go on first. See you at college" Dabin said taking her phone from Nancy.  
"Dabin, wait. Can you gimme a ride today? I mean, we'll be going to the same university and you can drop me at the restaurant on the way back home, you know?"     "And who, may I  ask, will pick you up from the restaurant when you're done?  Dabin could already hear the answer even before Nancy replied.  
"If-If you don't want to wait for me at the restaurant, then you can come pick me up. Right?"  
"I can drop you off at the restaurant on my way back but thats it. I can't come to pick you up when you're done."  
"Well, then I'd let someone drive me back here."    
"Well, whatever, freeloader. I'll be waiting outside. Don't take longer than 5 minutes"             Dabin exhaled as she sat inside he
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter