Pros and Cons

INSTALLMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dabin threw the manga she had been reading when her phone rang again.
"I'll kill this Sung Min" she muttered as she reached for her phone on the other side of her bed.
Her friend Kim Sung Min had been badgering her for Nancy's number since the previous day. Dabin had texted her friend back a clear "NO" but her friend persisted, relentlessly calling her phone because he knew the only way to get Nancy's number was through her.  
Dabin's anger subsided a bit when she saw Hyebin's name as the caller ID instead of Sung Min. "Hyebin?" She answered with a sigh.
[Ya! can you please give Sung Min Nancy's number before he wears out my battery?"]  
"Not you too" Dabin rolled her eyes. "I told him I  am not giving him the number. Alright?" Dabin sighed again. "If you don't have anything important to say, I am hanging up"    
["Wait Yeonu, aren't you happy that our friend is finally finding someone he likes? He's been single for too long. Help him out. Let him try his luck. Don't you see? He's completely lovestruck. And I think he has a chance, he and Nancy did get along quite well at the restaurant, didn't they?"]  
"Got along well? My left foot." Dabin scoffed.  
["Come on Yeonu. Send me her number, okay?"]    
"Hyebin, look up the meaning of 'no' on Google. I am hanging up"    
A gasp was heard on the other line.
["Oh My God. Don't tell me its because you're jealous"]     Dabin blinked several times. "What? What the hell do you mean by that Hyebin? Jealous of who exactly?"  
["You, refusing to give Nancy's number to Sung Min is either because you like Sung Min-"]  
"What? What nonsense! I prefer to die single than to have anything to do with that ugly specimen" Dabin answered with a scowl.     ["- Or you like Nancy"] Hyebin continued where she left off.  
"What?" Dabin yelled on the phone.  
["Since it's clear it is not Sung Min, then we know who it is now"] Hyebin explained with a teasing tone.  
"Sh-Shut up Hyebin. Are you out of your mind? That k-kid is nothing but a nuisance. That shameless freeloader! That brat has been nothing but a headache since day one! Why-Why would you think I would l-like that pest?" Dabin defensively yelled.  
["Wait, did you just stutter?"]
  "N-NO! I did NOT! Stupid Hyebin! Check your inbox. I'll send her number"  
Dabin indignantly hung up the phone and felt her face with her fingers.
Why the hell am I sweating?
  "Idiot Hyebin" she muttered as she attached Nancy's contact number and sent it to Hyebin. The hell do I care if Sung Min  dates her? She threw her phone by the pillow, ignoring the uneasiness at the pit of her stomach by the mere thought of Nancy being all lovey-dovey with Sung Min.    
She sat arms crossed, leaning against her bed's headboard, her head, once again occupied by the unwelcome thoughts of the younger pest.
"Ugghhh!" She groaned out loud, running her hands over her head. She gasped when her hands pulled out a couple strands of her hair in her hands.
Oh NO! Not my hair. This is all that pest's fault. "Stupid kid. I wish she just disappears for the rest of forever"      
*********      
It was finally Saturday, the day Nancy had been eagerly waiting for.   Dabin, I will be coming in 10 minutes   Nancy texted Dabin before she changed her waitress uniform.   She knew Dabin was not going to reply to her text just like how Dabin had been doing with all the texts she had sent the past few days. But Nancy knew Dabin was reading whatever she sent her and she was also certain that Dabin was secretly happy to see her texts.    
Anyone would have pounced on the opportunity I am giving you Dabin, Anyone. I mean I have been sending out bright green signals your way all this time. What the is holding you back Dabin?  No one escapes Nancy Jewel Mcdonnie's charm, No one! Nancy nodded in affirmation to her own thoughts as she started her car. "Well, It is kinda cute that you are pretending to resist."                     "Take the money from her an give her her clothes" Dabin shoved Nancy's shirt and jeans in ajumma's hands in a hurry. "And if she asks for me, tell her I am busy working on my field report and don't make her come upstairs," Dabin added.    
"B-but why?" Ajumma asked confusedly. Dabin was already halfway up the stairs. "We could invite the kid to join dinner. I am cooking sticky rice cakes and Galbi"
"No. Please don't tell her what you're cooking. Make her leave soon."                  
Dabin saw Nancy's blue Jaguar drive in. It was almost 7 pm. She saw Nancy come out of her car like a boss. Nancy stood, slightly leaning against her car as she pulled her phone out of her purse. Dabin resentfully noted her burgundy crop top Nancy had chosen to wear again.
This is God damn awful. This kid has not a speck of respect for me. She's probably purposely wearing it today to piss me off.    
As soon as Nancy put her phone against her ear, Dabin's phone rang on her bed.   she thinks I'll pick up her call. Dabin bitterly thought. "Stupid kid"     The phone rang for an entire 20 agonising seconds. Through the bright floodlight that illuminated the outside of the building, Dabin watched as Nancy pushed her phone back into her purse with a scowl on her face. Even though it was not too close, Dabin was sure it was a scowl. She almost thought it was cute. 'Almost', Dabin corrected herself.                   A couple of minutes passed. Dabin pressed her forehead against the glass of her large window. It was about time Nancy should be walking out but all she could see wasNancy's car.     "What's outside?"  
"Nothing" Dabin mumbled in a trance and glanced at the direction of the source of the voice right next to her to see none other than Nancy looking out the window. Dabin did a doubletake.   "What the hell? You ing scared me!" Dabin yelled, putting her hands over her chest in shock. "Why are you here?"  
Nancy turned. Her proud smirk only grew wider as she realised what Dabin had been doing. It didn't take a genius' mind to figure out that Dabin was waiting for her to come out.
Why silently watch me Dabin?  
"Don't look at me like that you creep! Why the hell are you in my room?"     "I just wanted to check up on you. I haven't seen you in a while. You don't visit the restaurant anymore. And you don't answer my calls or texts. I almost thought you were sick"  
"I am not sick, you idiot! I am just busy"  
"Really?" Nancy asked as she casually settled down on the bed.     "Can you go away?" Dabin said pointing towards the door.     "Come on, I just got here. Let's sit and talk for a while"  
"I am busy. Leave before I go violent on you."  
"Oh yeah, ajumma told me you are really busy with your field report right now" Nancy looked around. "By the way, why do I not see a single piece of paper or your laptop?" Nancy sweetly asked.  
"T-That is none of your business. Now leave."
At that moment, Dabin regretted not having prepared. She could have at least kept her laptop open to look convincing. But now, she knew it was too late.  
"Geez, I'll go, okay? I was just here to thank you for washing my clothes."     "Whatever, please leave" Dabin pulled Nancy up, hauling her out the door. "I don't know why I left my door open"     "Wait, Dabin, there's something I need to ask you"  
"What?" Dabin impatiently asked as she stood by her door, one hand ready to close the door any instant. "What the hell is it? Don't waste my time"  
"Uh.. Do you uhh.." Do you have anything you want to confess to me?     Dabin tapped on the door as she restlessly waited for Nancy to complete her sentence.  
"Nah.. never mind. Are you free tomorrow? Sung Min sunbaenim wants to hang out with me tomorrow." Nancy watched Dabin's facial features for any sign of jealousy.  
"S-So?" Dabin asked.
! Dabin, don't pretend like you're not jealous.
"I told him I'd come only if you come along with us"  
"A-And why do you need me on your date?"  
"It's not a date. Its called 'getting to know each other better' meet-up. So, I will be uncomfortable alone and if you come along, things won't be awkward since you're friends with him. So, please tag along, okay? Please?"  
"You don't make any sense, idiot. And hell no! Like I'd ever want to be the third wheel."  
"Alright. Then I am gonna have to cancel everything" Nancy feigned a sigh. "So, I have the whole day free tomorrow. Can we, just the two of us, go out?" Nancy asked.  
"Excuse me, what?" Dabin asked.  
"For lunch. Go out for lunch. I will buy. I mean, I just want to prove to you that I am not intentionally freeloading all this time."  
"No thanks. Now go away"
Dabin slammed the door shut in Nancy's face.     ******      
Three days passed...         It was 11.30 at night and Nancy couldn't sleep. She was pissed. Today, Nancy and Jooe had joined Dabin and some of her friends for lunch at the college canteen.
And no, Nancy did not get the attention she deserved from her future wife. It was unfair.
No improvement at all. She really has such an enormous amount of self-control not glancing at me once when I was right across from her. She has such an unhealthy amount of ego. Nancy angrily thought.     However, unknown to Nancy, Dabin did glance over at her more than a dozen times when Nancy was either sulking or busy with her food. Dabin had been overly self-conscious as she felt Nancy's eyes on her for the whole time. She couldn't even finish her food nor talk to her friends as she used to. Dabin knew with all certainty that she was pretty to look at but she was not prepared to receive so much stares from the younger girl.    
She can't treat me like this. This is unjust. Nancy condemned.    
*****       The next day, when Dabin walked to her car to head back home from college, Nancy was waiting for her, leaning against her car. She almost looked like a model straight out of Vogue magazine.    And she also looked tall? Dabin focussed on Nancy's high, lace wedge shoes.     Nancy waved enthusiastically as soon as she noticed Dabin.  
"Why are you-" Dabin started but was cut off.
"I don't mean to inconvenience you but I am gonna have to ask a little, tiny, insignificant favour from you" Nancy started, flashing a radiant smile.     Dabin didn't particularly feel good about this. And the fact that her junior was looking very elegant and beautiful at the moment was not helping as well.   "W-What?" Dabin asked. . Why the am I stuttering. "What is it?" She continued firmly.  
"Can you drop me at the restaurant?"  
"Why? What happened to your car?"  
"You see,  I found my car with a flat tyre this morning. I was late for college so I had to call Jooe to pick me up. I could have asked Jooe to drive me to the restaurant as well but then I remembered you. I mean the restaurant is practically on your way back home, right?"
Dabin looked at Nancy disapprovingly.  
"I am telling the truth."     "You can take a bus or a cab" was Dabin's reply.    
"Yeah, I could but, " Nancy immediately took the key fob from Dabin's hand, pressing on the unlock button and she was in in the front passenger seat before Dabin could utter a w
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter