Denial

INSTALLMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"And then I hear my daughter calling my name," Ajumma said as she wiped with a cloth. "I was about to climb down the bed when i suddenly coughed and all my teeth fell out"  
Nancy giggled, "I think that kind of dream is quite common" Nancy commented as she drank her soup from the bowl.
A thoughtful ajuma had brought NAncy's breakfast right where Nancy was sleeping and the two were having a peaceful breakfast on the bed.
As for Dabin, she had chosen to sit at the dining table alone.      
"A-ajuma?"
Dabin could be heard calling from outside. They both stopped eating and looked towards the door. Dabin stood arms crossed, hidden from the two's line of view, outside the door. She couldn't walk in. Not after she had been in such an embarrassing situation just a while ago. "Can you get me my phone? I left it on the bed"    
Said phone lay a few inches away from one of the pillows and before ajumma could reach for it, Nancy slid the phone under the pillow, a playful smile stretching her lips.  Ajumma also decided to play along. "I don't see your phone anywhere"       "Just... Can you look around a bit?" came the plea from outside.       "Yeonu ya, I am eating. Why don't you just come in?"       A sigh was heard right before Dabin stepped inside the room.  
"So," ajumma continued recounting her dream from last night "I picked up all of my teeth and tried to put them back in front of a mirror that floated in the air by itself."  
Dabin tried her hardest to avoid eye contact with Nancy as she checked for her phone under the blanket.  
"That's when I woke up. It was such a strange dream." ajumma concluded.     Yeonwoo lifted her pillow and discovered her phone under it.   "Speaking of dreams," Nancy said, eying a certain nervous senior "I bet Dabin had a very nice one"   Dabin stopped for a moment to look up at Nancy at the sudden mention of her name.
"Especially when she was just about to wake up. Right, Dabin?"  
"i-I did not!" Dabin defensively muttered, her face helplessly erupting a mild shade of red from the combination of both anger and embarrassment and she hurriedly strode out of the room holding onto whatever dignity that was left in her.    
"Am I missing something?" ajumma asked looking at Nancy.  
"N-Nothing" Nancy mumbled, concentrating on her fork as it poked on the scrambled eggs on her plate, turning a little pink in the face herself.  
"Anyway, I will be away for a while in the afternoon. My daughter has her weekly appointment with her orthodontist. You're gonna have to be alone in this house while I am away"  
"Wait, what? For how long?" Nancy asked, keeping her fork on the china with a clang and suddenly becoming anxious. "W-what if Dabin's dad comes back in the meantime?"    
"Don't worry about that. He is currently on a business trip. Won't be back for another 15 days."   Nancy exhaled her breath. "W-What about her mother?" She asked as a way to distract ajumma for a while.
Nancy dearly hoped ajumma didn't suspect her of anything. She gulped and looked up at the older woman to see an amused tug in her lips "Yeonwoo's mother is in another state right now. She has been away most of the time since she got a promotion last year"  
"O-Oh" Nancy nodded. "Uh.. you know, the reason I asked is that... I-I-I haven't really met them so, yeah, they would probably freak out if they come home to find me alone here, you know?" Nancy nervously laughed as she explained herself.  
"I know, I know. It would be really awkward if you had to meet Yeonwoo's father. Although I am sure he won't recognise you"
Busted!
Nancy turned beet red. "Y-You knew?"   Ajumma just smiled back.
"Here, let me put this away" Ajuma held the tray in her hand. "I won't be gone for long. It will just take about an hour"    
***    
"Stupid kid"
Yeonwoo mumbled yet again, grabbing the attention of her friend sitting next to her.   Said friend leaned her head closer to Yeonwoo, "You've been saying 'stupid kid' three times in a while now. Anything troubling you?"     "What?" Yeonwoo asked.   Hyebin, who was sitting on the other side perked up her ear a little. "I know who this stupid kid is"       "Who?" the other friend asked after a while, her eyes glued at the professor but her attention clearly on the intermittent conversation.  
"Nancy. I bet Yeonwoo can't keep her out of her mind. She is too charming, isnt she?" Hyebin lightly jabbed her elbow at Yeonwoo.     "Shut up Hyebin. She isn't charming in the slig
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter