You ain't the Boss of Me, Nancy!

INSTALLMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  "Is she a celebrity or something? I am starting to get really pissed. My plate is almost empty. It's been-" Brenda stopped, shortly lifting her arm to check the time from her sparkly, expensive watch.     "I did ask you to slow down eating." Nancy countered.  
"Its been almost an hour since we got here. We're not waiting for her if she doesn't show up in like,10 minutes"
Brenda's boyfriend nodded, agreeing with her.  
"Alright. I'll call her but stop exaggerating, it hasn't been an hour" Nancy said, dialling Dabin's number. "But I'm not sure she'll pick up" She murmured.  
"I said almost" Brenda corrected.    
When the phone rang, Dabin waited and only picked up when it was about to end ringing. She didn't want to give away the fact that she was indeed waiting for this call. Actually, she was already dressed to go out with a black slim fit crop top and high waisted jeans with a light grey overcoat.    "What do you want?" Dabin asked as soon as she picked up the phone, in a tone she thought sounded a bit annoyed.   ["Dabin, quit being difficult for once! I know you read my texts. It's just a 5 minutes drive. Just get here fast. I just wanted to introduce you to someone. hmm?"] Nancy asked, taping on the table impatiently.  
"S-Someone w-who?" Dabin blinked several times. And she thought Nancy wanted to meet up with her to grab a nice dinner at that Chii Chan fast food. "I thought you were there all by your-yourself?" Lee Dabin suddenly sounded a bit jealous and Nancy did not fail to catch it.  
["No, silly. I didn't come alone"] There was several minutes of tense silence where Dabin bit her lower lip and took an assessment of the situation. What she thought would be a cute friendly dinner with just the two of them was being crushed by a road roller. For all she knew, Nancy could be out on a date with someone she had hooked up with earlier that day and Nancy might have just wanted to introduce them to her because it was all convenient since she lived close to the fast food they were at.  
"Who's he?" came Dabin's impatient question.
Swallowing back a fit of giggles at how cute Dabin was to just assume she was with a guy, Nancy decided to play along. ["You'll know as soon as you get here."]     "Ya!  Why do you just go and assume I want to be the third wheel every time? I am not coming. And isnt....- aren't you-"   ["What?"]   "Don't you have college tomorrow? It's late, almost 8 at night and you're out there with some probably 40-years-old ajushii you just met today and you are so proud you want to introduce me to him? Just listen to me and go home."  
Dabin heard Nancy gasp. And instead of denying and telling her he was just a friend, Nancy answered with, ["How did you know all this Dabin? Are you already here? Where are you?"]  
"YA! this is not funny! Does Jooe know about him?"     ["No, Jooe doesn't. Dabin, You're like the first person I am telling-"]  
"Wait-Wait! I don't want to hear anything more. I know how poor you are at making decisions. So, go home right now you brainless, pinhead, stupid kid."     Her phone beeped, the line had been cut.
"How dare that imbecile hung up on me!" Dabin fumed, forcing the words through her clenched teeth. She immediately dialled her junior's number. When Nancy didn't pick up for the third time, she called it quits and plopped down on her bed, directing her attention back to the manga she was reading before she got the call.             Nevertheless, Lee Dabin found herself parking outside the restaurant.
She cursed aloud when Nancy didn't pick up her call again. The urge to walk in and forcefully drag her junior out and smack her head with a brick was overwhelming. But Dabin absolutely did not want to walk in there and see the man at the same time.   She decided sending a non-threatening text would be the right course of action. She immediately typed a text asking Nancy to come out and fetch her, telling her that she'll be outside as couldn't see where they were sitting at.    
Nancy emerged not long after and she waved happily at Dabin from the entrance.
"Come on" she yelled when she realised Dabin wasn't moving at all.  
"You get over here" Dabin yelled back.  
"Seriously?" Nancy yelled, yet not wasting a moment to walk up to her future wife.   "Here I am" Nancy happily chirped, quickly lacing her fingers with Dabin's. "Let's go"   Dabin reacted, retracting her hand and crossing her arms.
She gave her junior's outfit a once over, setting her lips in a thin line.  Nancy was dressing quite ty compared to her normal choice of clothing. The maroon off-shoulder dress revealing a lot of skin than Yeonwoo would approve.  And there was no doubt Nancy was wearing makeup even if it was not obvious. It almost seemed like Nancy had put some effort here and there. Dabin swallowed. Her junior was someone who'd effortlessly get whoever she wanted even without trying but the makeup and extra attention on the outfit almost made Dabin jealous of the guy Nancy was on a date with.
But this whole thing, she did not approve of.
Her scornful eyes fell on her junior's face after having shamelessly checked her junior out, mumbling something incoherent.   Nancy expectantly smiled. "Hmm? What? You like my dress?"   "This whole thing is because you need money?" Dabin enquired, remembering the last time Nancy had dressed this ty.   "What?" Nancy giggled, picking up on what Dabin was talking about. "No. Not at all. This time it's different." Nancy waved a dismissive hand in a lady-like manner.   "Yeah, whateve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter