7// The angel's misery//

The Devil's Angel

It's been a hell of a week for all of them, aside from not meeting each other, they were not able to have a happy time together.

Projects and paperworks is what always frame on the pictures.

It is never easy to be a student.
All of them knows it..
But despite the fact that they're in a middle of a battlefield for their grades, they never forget to motivate each other just by sending a group message whenever there is time available.

The angel on the other hand is having a very tight schedule. He's in and out of the hospital where his affiliation takes place.

The duty on dawn is worse. He has no time to sleep and no time to enjoy his own because he need to be attentive on the patients inside the wards on the hospital.

One time he checked up on a patient who suffered with a rare disease.

He was instructed to take the temperature of the patient and check the vital signs as well as his blood pressure.

"Hello.. How are you feeling sir?"

The patient whom he assumed is almost same as his age look at him with a surprised stare.

"Am I in heaven already?"

Jeonghan frowned. Why would the man think about being dead at the moment already?

"No sir.. You're still alive don't worry.."

"Oh.. I thought I am because you look like an angel. Are you sure about it?"

Jeonghan gave a heartily laugh to the guy. It made the other smile too.

"Im going to check for your vital signs and temperature.. "

Jeonghan said before operating what's in hand.

After doing what was needed and instructed, he give smile to the patient.

"Wow.. you're getting better.."

"Really? That's not a good news though.."

The guy said. Jeonghan on the other hand had his questioning look on his face.

How is it supposed to be a bad news?

The guy laughed bitterly.

"I want to die already.. No one loves ne anyway."

Jeonghan felt heavy hearing the words. He sighed.

'He must have been trough a lot.'

He think. Then he put both of his hands on his coat's pocket.

"Why would you say something like that?"

He asked. The other didn't look at him, instead he look at the ceiling smiling. A fake one.

"No one needs me anyway.."

Jeonghan felt sad for the man.
Whatever he is going through right now is something so sad.. that's why he said all those things.

"Well Mr. Loner, All I can say is.. you need to get well because this angel you've been saying need you to be healthy. You don't want to make an angel sad, don't you?"

Jeonghan asked with mischievous voice playing trough the words. .

By then, the patient smiled.

"You'll make a good doctor you know.."

Hearing something like that make Jeonghan felt warm inside. He need those kinds of encouragement.

"Really? You think so?"

He asked smiling tilting his head to the right with his eye smiling too.

The patient then nod and chuckled.

The air inside the ward felt light somehow. The angel was successful to make him smile in the midst of his loneliness.

"Have you suffered to some kind of disease before?"

The patient asked.

Jeonghan on the other hand look at him then shake his head.

"No. But I have an amnesia.. retrograde amnesia. Im still grasping memories though.."

"Then that means.."

Knowing what the patient is going to say, Jeonghan gave out a sad smile.

"Yep. Im still not fully qualified as a doctor because of it. It's strictly prohibited for a doctor to work while suffering in some complications.."

Doctors are not allowed to operate when they are in the midst of some kind of mental complications like trauma, phobia, amnesia or anything.

This will trigger faults at operation specially for the surgeons.

Jeonghan knows it. But instead of being down, he's eager to remember all he had forgotten.

"But this training will be one of my best encouragement to work harder for my goals."

He said. The patient who is giving a smile of symphaty nod.

"Good Luck Dr. Yoon."

The patient said squinting his eyes on the little name tag on Jeonghan's coat.

Oh how he love to hear it.

He then give a cheeky smile before saying goodbye and get out of the room.

He massage his temple as he seated himself on a chair near the recipients counter.

He lift his left hand then look at the watch he has.

It says 4:37 am. No wonder why he's drowsy already..

He closed his eyes and let himself rest for minutes. Just then sirens attacked the hospital's entrance.

He open his eyes quickly and saw paramedics rushing bodies on the crest.

Curious, Jeonghan run to them and help. Just then doctors came rushing to the people.

Placing everything in place as the patients are being helped.

Moments after all of them are in their signed tasked.

Since trainees, all they can do is to wait for commands of their superiors.

Another siren alarmed them.

Jeonghan saw two other ambulance rushing inside the hospital's perimeter.

"IT'S A ROAD ACCIDENT! QUICKLY THEY NEED TO GET FIRST AID TREATMENT!!"

One of the panicking paramedics said as he helped one patient with a blood on his arms.

"Yoon! I want you to take good care of the woman there.. She needs salves on her feet for blood clothing.. Now!"

The doctor command him.

He became assistant in an instant.

Nurse and other trainees are also alarmed.  Everyone is on the run.

That was when Jeonghan felt that he need to work as a true doctor.

Not just a mere trainee but a doctor who is needed at the moment.

Determined to do the job, he breath in and out before starting to help the patient tasked to him.

Before he could get inside a room, he heard cries of people outside. Once closing it, he saw his patient.

She has a very big wound on her feet and base on her face, pain is in her.

"I'll be your Doctor.. please be ready, we will treat your wound."

----------------
 

Three straight days and he barely had a sleep. He was given two days to rest.

Though the doctors always tell him not to overwork himself, he can't help but to attend to the patients especially that they are in short of facilities.

Other trainees are also doing the same as him but he is more dedicated that even though it's not his shift but when a doctor ask him to do something he will comply eagerly.

The road accident last two days caused three deaths and 7 people injured.

It was very traumatic experience for the patients. A ten wheeler track lose it's control and crash to a night market in the city.

Though patients are already stable after operations and treatments, he still worries about them..

It caused him headache and exhaustion. He decided to sleep for hours after such a torture to his low fatigued body.

On the other hand, his friends never fail to message him about how their day has been through.

Though all he do is to seen them, he's too tired for a chat.

He's on his way home when he felt someone's presence behind him following.

The same feeling as before.

though a lot of people are passing by him, he felt uneasy as he notice someone following behind him.

Not as near as he can hear but near enough for him to feel such presence of someone.

Doubling his pace as he walk, he then decided to stop on a waiting a bus stop to observe since there's also a lot of people in there and he's also going to commute.

A bus came but it's on the other way of his destination. People climb on the transportation all except him.

Now that he's alone, the presence is back again. He can feel his heart thump as if wanting to go out of it's cage.

Wary, he start to bite his lower lip on nervousness.. then he remembered what his father told him.

He took his phone out and look for the number..

He could feel the presence getting nearer and nearer..

'..'

He mentally cursed since he can't find it due to the panic he's feeling and the trembling of his hands.

He can also feel dizziness creeping in his vessels.. and what makes it worst is when a drop of blood from his nose fell on his phone.

He stop for a second. Blinking on his own phone bathing on the red liquid.

"! Babe are you ok?!"

"W-wonwoo?"

"Hey.. here come here.."

The latter said as he took out a handkerchief from his pocket to put it on Jeonghan's bleeding nose.

"What are you even thinking, you're nose is already bleeding yet you're just looking at it not doing anything.. Are you ok?"

Wonwoo said as he caress Jeonghan's face on worry.

At one point, Jeonghan sighed relieved. Then they decided to sit down.

"I felt someone following me that's why I can't think straight. I was scared."

"You mean you're scared of me?"

"Wait.."

"Im sorry, I've been trailing behind you earlier, It's not my intention to scare you.."

Another sigh of relief again.

Mentally thanking the heavens because of what he thought was danger isn't danger at all.

"Let me take you home.."

He smiled. Holding Wonwoo's hand
and smiled wider when he felt the warmth on him.

The comfortable silence between them let him feel relaxed for a while.

But the pounding on his head didn't subside. He leaned on his lover and thankful for the hands caressing his head. Pulling him closer as they sit down on the bench.

He missed him. The weeks of hell is no joke at all. Even though he want to join some of his friends he can't.

Wonwoo always call him and a lot of time he had missed it because phones are not allowed when he's assisting an operation.

They see a bus is approaching already so Wonwoo stood up and he decided to do the same too..

But before he could stand up,
he felt a pang on his head and his sight blurred when he was darkness..

"Jeonghan!"




 

"What are you doing here Jeonghan-ah?"

His mom asked him. He then composed himself not to stutter.

"Nothing mom.. I was just looking for something.."

"And what is that exactly?"

His mom asked as she sit down on their bed beside him.

"F-for my sketchpad... Yeah.. right. Sketchpad."

He said sweating because of the lie he's saying to his mother.

The truth is he went there because he's looking for his old books to give to their new neighbors who transferred beside their house.

The kid was also fond of reading novels.

That was when he remembered that he put it on his parent's room under the bed.

It took him days to spot his parent's room door open. It's always lock and neither one of them won't let him in unless they are with him inside.

So when he spotted it open he took the chance. He was slipping very quickly afraid that his parents will caught him..

But instead of books, boxes of different things are piled under the bed.

That was when he saw layers of money on the other box.

He's aware that his parents are rich but why hide it under the bed and not on a bank?

He checked the other box and saw nothing but the same.

Money bills are arranged perfectly.

"Men.. it's a lot."

He said whispering.

Then he heard step approaching from the outside.

So he slid out of the under bed briefly.

Then sit on the bed as if nothing happened.

He then heard the door opened.

That's when his mother came in.

"Jeonghan, didn't we already told you not to enter this room whithout us?"

The patience on her mom's voice is audible for him to understand that she didn't quite like what he did.

"Sorry mom, I just came here not too long before you and decided to flop down on the bed instead of looking for my boo--sketchpad."

He want to slap his face for the words coming out from his sinful mouth.

Not knowing his parents are to the extend of what his mouth is.

"Are you sure you just flop down there and didn't move anything here?"

"Why mom? Is there anything Im not allowed to see?"

He saw how the blood escape from his mom's beautiful face.

"N-nothing.. I was just making sure that you didn't move anything here.. I know how clumsy my son is.."

He look at his lying mom. Unconvinced because he know so.

But he smiled..

"Sorry mom.. I promise not to break anything anymore.. Im sorry for breaking your favorite vase.."

Then he giggled not to be suspicious to his own mom.

Just then his father came in and both of them look at the man who is looking at him with questioning eyes.

"Why are you here son?"

His father asked squinting his eyes..

Jeonghan know his father well and he can say that he's not amused on seeing him on their room without getting their permission.

He know he can't lie this time..

But his mom speak first.

"Hon.. I brought him here.. I asked him for help.. We were about to take the book boxes out when you came.."

Then his mom look at him..

"Right Jeonghan-ah?"

Thankful for his mom's sweet little lie, he nod eagerly.

Then his dad's face lit up.

"I was about to call you two for a pizza outside.. what do you think?"

A smile complete the act and he jumps out of the bed to dance in happiness hearing his Dad's treat.

"That would be great if we watch movie at the cinema after dad."

He said with his pleading eyes..

"Ok. Ok.. But let's help your mom first and we'll go."

"Yeheey!"

"Ok boys.. time to give your queen a helping hand."

"Everything for pizza mom."

He is good at tricking his parents that he somehow don't know about the thing tucked under the bed.

What they didn't know is Jeonghan is secretly listening to their conversation.
Eversince that day on the room, their son decided to investigate about some transactions they have.

One day, he followed his parent's car when he heard them meeting with someone from outside the country.

It was in the port.

Men in black were everywhere that time and he started feeling nervous about it.

He saw his parents climbed in the ship as men escorted them upward.

Nothing suspicious though.. so he decided to leave.

But he saw men came bringing bags..
and base on their faces, the bags are heavy. Boxes and another cases are brought after his parent's arrival.

"What are you doing mom, dad?"

He asked in a monotone.

This was the most isolated part of the port. Why does his parents have to get a meeting in such kind of place.

Days passed he's still trying to know something about his parents.

But today is such a busy day, his research paper needs revision because of other datas on the said papers.

So he spent the whole day working on it. All of his classmates went home already, but he decided to finish it that day.

So he called his mom to pick him up.

He waited for his mom at the waiting shed outside the school and unseen from the guardhouse.

He received a text from his mom saying she'll be late and wait for her.

A van stopped in front of him..

The poor angel didn't even had a chance to scream when a two man harshly and quickly grab him from his place.

He struggle at the hands that captured him. Shouting though his mouth is already covered with a fabric as well as his nose.

The scent was addicting but moments after the effect already crept in.

It was a sleeping powder.

Just like that, darkeness carried him out of his own body.

 

He woke up on a dirty place and with a blurry vision, he then saw men playing cards on the table.

Some are laughing maniacally and others are cursing one another.

"Oh.. Look at that. Boy you're already awake.. How's your sleep pretty guy?"

The ugly man asked as it stepped near him.

Jeonghan with his limbs and feet tied up as well as his covered mouth gave him the deadliest glare he ever gived to anyone.

"Aww.. Look at you.. Angry are we? Anyway.. are you sure you're a boy? You look like a lesbian you know?"

He growled underneath the cover.

The man laughed as well as the others who stopped playing and watching him instead.

The man caressed his face and all he could do is get disgusted of the hand on him.

Then the ugly man cut the handkerchief on his mouth with a knife. He felt scared when the cold surface of the sharp knife touch his body.

"Look at you.. Who would have thought that the Yoons would have such a beautiful son."

Hearing his parent's name he glare at the man and scowl.

"What do you want? What do you know about my parents?"

All of them laugh. But the brace angel didn't faze. He even give them a glare. Everyone of them.

But they laugh even harder.

"Brave.. Kinda ."

The man beside him laugh crazily and when he notice it, the man's eyes is looking at him with lust.

Tounge his lips.

Jeonghan never felt scared as he is feeling for himself right now.

" you! You ugly creatures!"

They all shut their laughing asses..

"Oh.. Truth hurts."

He said provoking the ugly creatures in front of him.

Then the ugliest of them all cupped his face harshly using one hand and raough fingers.

"You have a sharp tounge kid. It will kill you immediately you know?"

"Kill me then bastard--

A slap hit his pale face.

Then the man grab a fist of his growing locks. Pull it harshly to lift his face to face the ugliest creature on his eyes.

"Not yet kid. We need your parent's money, or should I say our money."

Then the man let his hair go.

That's when he remembered his parents.

'Are they looking for me right now?'

'Of course they are.'

'But how will they find me?'

'They will find me.'

'I won't die on the hands of this ugly creatures.'

'No! Never!'

 

He closed his eyes and prayed for his life. He's just a fifteen year old kid who want to achieve his dreams not to die early.

Then he spent the next hours thinking about what the man said earlier.

While they are playing cards on the table dismissing him, he voiced out his thoughts.

"What do you know about my parents?"

They all stop. Then the one one who seemed to be their leader spoke up.

"You seemed so innocent young man.
Let me tell you a story.."

He was curious and confused at the same time.

What if the man is just building some lies? But he want to know what his parents are doing behind his back.

"Your parents stole our money.."

He knew it. This man is going to feed him lies.

"LIAR! YOU BASTARD!"

They again laughed at the miserable angel.

"Ok.. Ok. Easy boy. Let's just say.. we want our money back as well as getting their guns."

'Guns?! What the is this man saying?!'

"Ooops. You don't know about it either Im sorry.. Well kid you're parents are such a good business partners. You're company is top grossing as well as their gun gambling."

He don't want to believe the man but he can't speak.

"Im fed up of always running after then to let me handle the business. That's why you little angel will be my ace. I will use you."

"After five hours of not submitting what we need will be the end of you, you get it? So pray to your little that they'll give me what I want."

The company. What's with their company?

"Are you one of our shareholders?"

He bravely asked.

"Smart kid. Yes I am.. and I will be the next CEO.. that's if your parents still want you alive."

'Of course they do!'

 

But Jeonghan's hope depleted after exact 5 hours..

His parents are still not in the picture of his misery and he was left with another ugly man with a gun on hand.

There were only two of them there.

The man is guarding him not to escape.

The man came near him and touched his neck.

"What are you doing?"

He growled.

"You're too pretty to be a guy.. Are you really a boy? Well.. there's only one thing to see right?"

The maniac laugh. His hands trailed on Jeonghan's stomach to his belt.

"What the are you doing?!"

"We're just going to play baby.."

Then it hit Jeonghan. With the man's maniac smile and a the eyes full of lust, Jeonghan felt his innest trembled.

"No! No no no! Stop! Please!"

Jepnghan begged already crying. His braveness disappeared the moment he felt the man's desire to eat him alive.

But the man didn't listen.. He continued caressing the poor angel's body everywhere he wanted to touched.

The harassment led to lust desire as soon as he lean to snuggle Jeonghan's pearl turtle neck.

"NO!! STOOOP!! YOU!! STOP IT YOU MANIAC ER!! GO TO HELL!!!"

He shout as he try his best to shake his body and dodge the dirty man.

He can feel the warm disgusting breath and the touch on his behind. Hands travelling on his undershirt.

He felt tired struggling and just cried himself out. He felt defeated and the man seemed to get it.

When the man was about to open his belt, it was the time he snapped.

He bit the man's ears that is in front of him. He bit it as hard as possible until he taste something odd. 

"AAAAACK!!!"

Red liquid rushed on the man's ear.

"YOU PIECE OF !!!"

Then a jab on Jeonghan's stomach made him curl in pain.

The fist made him whimper in pain.

"You're gonna die."

 

"N-no.. Please don't kill me."

But the man didn't listen. That was when he saw something on the man's hand. A gun. The ing gun.

Aim on him as he cried himself.

"M-mom.. D-dad.  Help me.."
 

"Do you know why they left you here? Because they don't need you anymore."

"You're lying! You're a goddamn kidnapper. All you want is money you er! You're crazy!"

He blurted out. Soon he felt a slap on his face.

"Feel that you piece of ."

And again the man raise his hand aim the gun on Jeonghan's.

The pitiful kid knew this is the last of him. He cried as hard as possible calling his parents name repeatedly.

He heard the gun clicked as the chamber load it's bullet.

"Goodbye angel.."

 

He heard a loud bang of gun..

He shut his eyes waiting for something.. Preparing his petite body.



 

...but nothing hit him.

 

His closed eyes opened and ragged breath came out as he saw the man lying on the dirty ground.. with a shot on his body.

Blinking for many times.. making sure what he is seeing is true.
 

Then he saw police men came in.

He then let out all the emotions he's feeling. But what about the other men who got him? Will they also catch them? Will they pay for what they did to him?

But he forget all of it. The most important now is he's safe.

He's finally safe.
 

That's what he thought.

The police are already near...
 

..but the man was able to aim again while groaning in pain.

Jeonghan's eyes widen in fear..

It was aimed on his head..

The police shout and fired to the man but it was too late.. the devil is still alived and determined to kill him.
 

Another blow and Jeonghan seen death smile upon him.












 

All of them is nott comfortable on their seats. Wonwoo has been walking back and forth.

Jeonghan has been sleeping for exact two days now. The doctor said nothing's wrong.. he just need rest.

He needs sleep and oxygen at the same time.

But Wonwoo can't just sit there and wait.. though there's nothing he can do.

All of them is inside the hospital room. Waiting for their angel to wake up.

"Relax Wonwoo.. he'll be alright."

Seungcheol said trying to ease the younger's worrying mind.

All of them look at him who seemed frustrated because he can't do anything to help his boyfriend on his condition.

They knew it because they also feel the same.

It was when they heared a sob.

From the bed.

Jeonghan is crying.

Tears streaming down his face..

They all heard it and see how Jeonghan cry while eyes closed as if having a really bad nightmare.

"Hyung.."

"Jeonghan.."

They all surround him but leaving a space for the pressure.

Wonwoo sit beside him on the bed.. eyes almost teary grasping one of his hands.

Just then they look at each other when they heard what Jeonghan is mumbling on his sleep.
 

"Please don't kill me.. please.."
 

"Ssshhh.. Babe.. Wake up.. You're fine now.."

Wonwoo said kissing Jeonghan's knuckles on his hand.

Jisoo tasked the young one's to call for the doctor.  So the three run outside.

"Please.. Mom.. Dad.. Help.."

The unconscious male is still crying.. And it pained them..

"Jeonghan.."

Jihoon said as a tear drop. He can't stop it. His bestfriend seems to be in a very shocking trauma that hurt him so much.

"Hannie wake up already.."

Jisoo said, both of them are on the other side of the bed.
 

The cry stop. They all went silent.

Wonwoo wipe the tears in Jeonghan's already wet face.

That's when Jeonghan's eyes open.

Adjusting to the light, he blink a few times before looking around.

Worried faces met his gaze but what made pinch his heart in pain was when he saw Wonwoo's tears.

The guy is holding his hands desperately. Warm and trembling.

"Hey.."

They were about to talk when the door opened up revealing the doctor.
 

They all gave him space to get Jeonghan checked up, though Wonwoo didn't bother to move.

The doctor light up his eyes, checked his tounge and when he found nothing's wrong he then stand firmly.

"How are you feeling Angel?"

They all look at the doctor.

That's when the doctor smiled and give them a brief explaining.

"All his patients call him Angel.. They are also waiting for you to wake up. They saw you last day when you were rushed here unconscious.."
 

The Angel then let out a smile.

"Thanks doc. Im sorry for not being able to help you out there--

"Shut up. You don't need to say sorry. You're sick!"

Wonwoo said eyes narrowed.

The over protective boyfriend made the doctor laugh heartily.

"He's right. You need to rest Jeonghan. We won't let you work unless you're ready.. anyway.. How are you feeling?"


 

The question caught him off guard. He can't speak remembering all he had forgotten.

All of them wait for his reply anticipating an answer..

"I.. I remembered everything already..  Everything."

 

Including how his parents lied to him.

He is still unconscious lying on the bed and eyes closed.

He want to open his eyes but he can't. He can't also feel his body.

But he can hear everything around him.
 

"His hair is already growing long.. Do you think he'll like it? He look pretty on it though.."

He felt his mom's hand on his face and hair then herd her spoke as she left his side.

"It's been so long since he slept Jaesan.. When will he wake up?"
 

"I don't know. I don't ing know.."
 

Then he heard his mom cried.

"It's all that man's fault our son is between death and life Jaesan. I told you we shoul have killed him before."

He felt his heart skipped the moment he heared his mom's word.

'Kill.. my mom knows how to kill?'

"You know we can't do that Hyerim! He has the largest share on the company."

"But the company is his right now! It was the payment for our son's life Jaesan. All we build with blood and sweat was there!"

"I know! But we can't do anything.. we can't sacrifice Jeonghan's life here you know that."

"What do you think is happening right now Jaesan?! Isn't Jeonghan's life in jeopardy right now?! it's because of that decision you made! This is all your fault!"

Jeonghan can't believe his parents.
Hearing unusual words from their mouth.

"Tell me everything Jaesan. Everything about the deal you've had that day. Tell me!"

"Fine! I will. But calm down first ok.. "
 

Then they went quiet until his dad cleared his throat and start to talk.

"He told me about what he wanted. We both know how he desire to get the company out of our grasps so he used Jeonghan. Then he proposed a deal.

He will get the company and we will get Jeonghan.

I can't find any better solution so I said yes. He told me where Jeonghan is and told me about his escape plan.

He left only one person on the scene to guard our son. The one who shot Jeonghan that night didn't know he was the bait. He was used for Yunpil to have a clear escape. Leaving him alone on the scene to recieve all the blame.

The plan was to kill the man when he get caught for him to shut up and prevent to talk.

But his death went earlier than planned. He deserve his death after all.."
 

Silence came. Jeonghan want to scream at their faces how he felt betrayed. How he is so disappointed of his parents. How he hated their lies.

But all he could do is to listen.

"That bastard will pay for my loss..
He will.."

He heard his mom said.

"What do you have in mind Hyerim, tell me."

Jeonghan also wait for his mom's reply.

"I will make him pay Jaesan. He will die tonight.. He will!"

He heard her steps and another pair of step again.

"Hyerim wait!"






 

"I remember it clearly."
 

*************

Author's

Hey! Im sorry for the wait! Please appreciate. Look forward for more drama..