8//Lost//

The Devil's Angel


Jeonghan didn't dare talk to anyone,
Not to his friends nor his lover.

He was discharged after 2 days.

Meanwhile, the others respect his silence. After all they don't know what Jeonghan remembered.

Jisoo and Jihoon was about to tell his parents what had happened to him but Jeonghan stopped them from doing so, saying it's totally unnecessary.

Wonwoo brought him to his house.

The cold guy didn't bother to ask Jeonghan yet, he don't want to pressure his beloved and he's also afraid to cause him more trouble.

He helped the poor angel to his room.

"Jeonghan.."

"Mmmn.."

The pretty male hummed as response.

He know how Wonwoo is worried for him. The guy didn't even have a good sleep looking after him at the hospital.

He felt guilty though.. but all he can do is to try clearing his mind.

"You've been so quiet these past few days.. mind telling me what's bothering you?"

Jeonghan didn't answer.
He sighed too.

Wonwoo get it. He don't want to talk about it for the moment.

"I'll be back later.. Make sure to eat something ok?"

Wonwoo reminded him as the cold guy came close and give him a soft peck on his crown.

Jeonghan felt warm at the guesture. He like it whenever Wonwoo do that. It made him feel secured and protected.

His limbs found their way to Wonwoo's waist as he buried his pretty face on the latter's crook on his neck.

"Im sorry for worrying you.."

Jeonghan whispered.

Wonwoo on the other hand caressed his back before hugging him tightly.

"I changed my mind, I won't go home yet. I'll stay.. I really want to sleep though.."

Jeonghan felt guiltier. So he pulled out and randomly give his prince a kiss. Wonwoo though surprised responded quickly.

It was sweet and deep but more of longing on Wonwoo's side.

He miss his angel. So much.

The two days of silence between them is like a year of hell for him.

"You sleep, I'll cook for us.."

Jeonghan offered..

Wonwoo was about to oppose but the naughty angel was back and give him another peck saying it's ok and he would love to cook for Wonwoo, so Wonwoo didn't argue anymore seeing how happy would Jeonghan be doing what he like.

Jeonghan head downstairs to his kitchen while Wonwoo was left on his room.

He truely is sleepy but he took the chance to inspect inside Jeonghan's room.

He truely know it's wrong but he can't help it. He want to know something. Something that might put his lover's life in danger.

They were instructed to invistigate.

After all it's their job to catch the culprits on the said sindicate..

Even the gunrunners who happened to be Jeonghan's parents.

After a while Wonwoo was eager to find something until he saw something on Jeonghan's underbed.

It was a box. By the looks of it, it's already old. So he slid it off the floor.

What met his sight was papers.

Diaries and even slambooks.

Wonwoo smiled but decided to ignore it and inspect other papers.

He was already hopeless on finding something when his eyes caught something.

He look at it intently.

It's an unopened letter named from Jeonghan's parents.

He wonder if Jeonghan saw it already. It was still tight sealed though.

The letter was in a white envelope. With other colors on it.

Wonwoo hesitated but his curiousity got him. So he slid the box back to it's place before entering the bathroom.

There he teared it like there's no tomorrow.

It was a letter indeed.

But it's not the kind of letter that would make Jeonghan smile.

Wonwoo read it and his cold face became more serious looking at it.

It was written a month ago and if he's not mistaken, it was the time when Jeonghan's parents visit him.

 

Jeonghan-ah..

If you happened to read this, please forgive us..

Remember that we love you so much, you're our only angel Jeonghan-ah.

I wrote this letter to say sorry in case something unfortunate will happen to us, to me..

Im sorry I wasn't the mother you knew I was..

This will be a letter of confession my dear. I just hope you won't read it as soon as possible.

I purposely put it in a place where you'll never know this letter would be there.

Since you were a kid, we wanted nothing but to give you all you need and deserve but it was difficult.

So we sent you to your aunts..

We really don't want to but we can't do anything.

You have a little sister and she have this rare- very rare disease that we need to send her abroad for her medication.

But our pockets can't afford all her needs and we're financialy bankrupt.

We need money, a lot of money for her medication but it's impossible to gain it because we don't know what to do anymore.

We were tempted to do the wrong thing darling, but it wasn't enough.

We gave up on her when the doctors said it's only miracle that can save her.

She died at the age of 12 while you were 15 and that was the time you were kidnapped..

It was a double hit for us. Losing your younger sister whom you never had the chance to see and you being in coma for a very long time.

We became gamblers, gunrunners and dealing with sindicates around the world. Im so sorry fo lying to you Jeonghan.

We need it badly and it's getting harder to quit when we need to protect you from our wrong doings.

Please understand that we wanted nothing but the best for you.

Please forgive us Jeonghan.

I love you so much son.
We love you so much.

                                *¤*

Jeonghan is currently cooking something.

While waiting for it to boil he settled at the chair.

Running his palms to his face.

What will he do? After remembering such things, he's not sure about his trust on his parents.

What he knew was like a knife that struck on his heart who believed all the lies his parents had told him.

All the sweet talks, the tears, the laughs, and even the reasoning.

He's questioning his own faith to his parents the moment he remembered everything.

What other lies is there that his parents is hiding from him?

Can he still trust his mom, his dad?

Do they really care for him?

Aren't they afraid?

What would he say to his parents after knowing everything?

How will he approach them?

The question made him cry.

He's confused. He don't know what to do.

He quickly wipe his tears away and wash his face on the sink.

He don't want Wonwoo to suspect anything..

Just then he started preparing their meal. He sighed to relax his tensed body before heading upstairs and slowly open the door.

He peek right trough it to see if Wonwoo is still asleep.

And yes, Wonwoo is.

With his back laying on the soft matress and an arm hugging a pillow.

He smiled at his boyfriend before entering the room and sit at the bed.

He gave a soft call to the guy before caressing his hair.

"Woo.. let's eat first. Let's sleep later."

He called again..

Wonwoo open his eyes before smiling at the sight of his angel.

He moved his finger motioning the long hair guy to come closer and Jeonghan did as a smile formed on his pretty face.

The peck made both of them giggled.

Jeonghan held Wonwoo's hand to help him stand.

The both went downstairs to the dining table.

It was quiet, utensil's sounds are only
audible.

Jeonghan decided to break the silence with his statement..

"I'll continue my training next week."

Wonwoo look at him.

"Are you sure you already can?"

Jeonghan gace a slight nod before letting out a sigh.

"Are you ok?"

Wonwoo asked.

Jeonghan look at him blankly.. as if he want to say something that he can't.

Wonwoo patiently wait looking intently at him.

"Woo..    Why are you so handsome today?"

Jeonghan asked before letting out a smile and a chuckle.

Out of his knowledge, Wonwoo knew something is wrong but chose to ride with him.

"Well it's because.. I eat the food you made. It's delicious.."

"You don't have to lie.. I know it's not."

Wonwoo gave a frown before pinching Jeonghan's nose.

"Im being honest here you pabo."

Jeonghan chuckled because of what his boyfriend called him.

They finished  the meal and chose to wash the plates after.

"Do you think I need dessert?"

Wonwoo asked mischievously at the angel as he wrapped his arms on Jeonghan's waist.

"What kind of dessert do you want Jeon Wonwoo?"

The naughtiness of Jeonghan ride with Wonwoo's.

"I want something hot for a dessert. It's the most unique one for me."

"Oh.. Is that so? Where can we find that? Do you know where?"

Wonwoo giggled at their foolishness..

"Actually.. I have him now. It's either he'll say no or yes.."

Jeonghan gulped.. Wonwoo really is something else.

"What do you think will he say?"

Jeonghan asked with an innocent tone.

"I don't know."

"Do you want to know?"

"Mmmn."

"What if he say no? What will you do?"

"I'll kiss him till he say yes.."

"I don't seem to have any choice do I?"

Wonwoo smiled before kissing his shoulders.

One second and Jeonghan was lift on Wonwoo's shoulder as they approach his room.

"Woo.. put me down..  I can walk--

               *door slammed*



 

Jeonghan didn't bother to accept his parent's calls. The pretty male don't know how to talk to them.

He put his phone back to his locker and wear his face mask on.

"How are you Jeonghan-ah?"

A man dressed in white coat and apparatus asked him before he could proceed to his assigned room.

The doctor seemed unfamiliar though he hadn't see the man before.

But since the man is older than him,
he bowed and answer politely.

"Im f-fine Doc.. Thank you for asking.."

Jeonghan said as he give out a sweet smile. His usual one.

The man smiled at him too.

"I would like to ask for help later at lunch break.. If it's ok with you."

Known as having a very soft heart, Jeonghan asked willingly since he want to help other people especially when he know he will learn something from it.

"What help do you need Doc?"

"There's a patient in room 124, he's injured because of accident. Will you assist me on stitching the wounds later?"

"Sure Doc. No problem I'll be there later."

The man smiled and it made Jeonghan happy..

"See you there.. Thanks Dr. Yoon."

The man said before dismissing himself on the other direction of the hallway..

Jeonghan felt happy and excited at the same time.

He then enter the room he was about to proceed earlier.

"Good morning.. "

He greeted the old man who's been a patient for almost 2 weeks already.

"Look who's here.. Our Angel is back.."

Jeonghan smiled at the old man and his wife beside him.

"Yep. And Im here to check up on you.. You seemed getting better.."

Jeonghan started his sweet talk towards the old couple.

While the two who looks delighted to see him smile brightly at him.

"How are you Jeonghanie?"

The old woman asked him.

He put the thermometer on the patient's armpit first before answering.

"Im fine halmeoni.."

"We saw you when you were rushed here.. we were so worried about you.."

Jeonghan's heart felt warm..

"Im sorry for letting you see me at that kind of condition.. but don't worry Im totally fine now.."

The angel replied politely..























 

"Ugh! I quit! I quit! I quit!"

Chan whined as he throw the cards away.

Hansol and the trio laugh at him.

He's been losing eversince the game has started.

He gained all the punishments.

A buttkick, forehead flick, and even a cheek pinch.

And he got fed up of it.

"That's enough.. Let's go grab some lunch.."

Soonyoung (the oldest but has the most childish mind) said as he stood up from the floor where they are playing.

As they all approach the restaurant Seungkwan asked the two youngest.

"Where are the others anyway?"

Hansol and Chan look at each other before deciding to speak.

"They're on a mission."

"Mission my .."

Seokmin said as he open the door.

The three thought about it as some kind of joke so they laugh at it.

But the two knows much better.














 

A week ago..

"You were told to make it out on thirty."

Their superior said as he push the button on his stopwatch.

Meanwhile the trainees are all in extreme exhaustion.

Bruises and scars are everywhere in their body because of the fight they had encounter.

"We still made it. We're just 2 minute late."

Seungcheol speak as the leader and the eldest.

"Mr. Choi.. when I say make it at thirty, make it at thirty."

As they all settle on a very isolated part of the woods, an explosion from a round gas cylinder shake the ground.

All of them cover their ears as well as the other police officers.

". That was loud."

Jun said as he watched the burning building where they raid earlier.

"Congratulations boys!"

One officer exclaimed as he clap his hands.

"Thank you sir."

The boys replied.

They've been trainees since middle school. Starting from physical defense to their weapon masteral.

They're the secret squad of their police quarters.

General Choi is none other than Seungcheol's father.

He was the one who created the squad where his son and his friends were trained to be the best student that will surely pass the course undoubtedly.

Fortunately, their parents who are in the same line agreed. Wonwoo's mother was a military medic doctor.

While his grandfather was a former general..

Minghao's parents are both police officer back on his country.

Mingyu's dad is a commander in chief on one of the local police station.

Jun's dad is a former soldier.

While the youngest who is Hansol and Chan are both sons of Police officers.

Unfortunately they're still going to spent two years for finishing up their trainings.
 

Mingyu put his bag down on the truck they're going to ride with.

Jun and the other's did the same.

"This is our last mission before we graduate."

Seungcheol said as he put medicine on a wound on his arms.

Minghao nod and said something unaudible.

"What did you say?"

Jun asked.

"I said this one is hard but if this will be the last then that means Mr. Kang's case will be out of our grasps."

All of them sat in silence.

Wonwoo stayed silent.

"I think they already have a plan on catching that moron but what about the Yoons?"

Mingyu said and ask.

The mention of the gunrunners made them tensed. Thinking about how Jeonghan would react.

"I don't want to handle that mission though.."

Jun said as he stood up from his seat and climb up on the s-by truck.

All of them sighed. No one wants either.. but they can't do anything if they're obliged to.





 

All of them are already free from their training missions.

So the boys decided to take the free day to rest.

Graduation is already approaching.

They're all excited ..

..and worried.

Worried about Jeonghan.

What if his parents will get arrested soon? How will he deal with it?

That is the questions that is running around the trainees minds.

They were all enjoying their day when their superiors called them all for a meeting.



 

They already have a perfect plan.

To catch both Mr. Kang and his men as well as the so-called gunrunners.











 

Present time..

Jisoo and Jihoon found themselves on the way to Jeonghan's training place.

It was already 11:45 am and they want to surprise the latter on a lunch break.

The moment they step inside the hospital, Jihoon felt nervous.

There's this weird feeling in him.

"Are you ok Jihoon-ah?"

Jisoo who seemed to notice the other's uneasiness asked.

On the other hand, Jihoon answered with a nod.

They walk to the the receptionist where a nurse is standing.

"Hi.. Is Yoon Jeonghan still here?"

The nurse which is also a trainee recognized them since they're on the same university and always see each other.

The girl smiled and said yes.

"We called him for lunchbreak earlier but he refused.. he said he'll be assisting a doctor on room 124."

The trainee said.

Just then one pathology trainee interrupted them with a blood sample on his box.

"What are you talking about?
There's no patient on 124. That room is still unavailable.. It's out of order. Lights are out in that room."

They all look at him as he approach to them.

The guy wear his gloves out before his mask.

"Hey.. Im taking a break. Are all of you done?"

The same guy asked.

"No. Jeonghan is still not having his break. Wait, If that room is not in use then where is he?"

The nurse asked.

Jisoo and Jihoon listen well..

They want to know where Jeonghan is at the moment.

"I saw him this morning on his rounds. I thought he's take his break already."

The guy asked.

Jihoon fished his phone out and dialed Jeonghan's number.

But just like earlier, it just keep on ringing but no one answered.

Jisoo look at him.

"I wonder where he is right now."

The latter calmy said.

Some time later, a doctor approach them. The same doctor when Jeonghan was confined.

"Oh.. You're Jeonghan's friends right?"

The two bowed as well as the other trainees before saying yes.

Jihoon then asked.

"Uhm.. Doc? Did you happen to see him? We're about to ask him out for lunch but he's still not around.."

The doctor frowned.

"I told him not to overwork himself..
Anyway I only saw him this morning when he assisted me on giving medicines to the children."

It was a long silence between them.

"Then we'll wait for him here then.. Thanks doc."

The doctor smiled as he walk away.

"I'll take my leave then.. Bye.."

The pathologist bid goodbye waving as he leave.

Jihoon and Jisoo found a seat.

 

They both patiently wait for Jeonghan even though a houlf an hour already passed.

Jisoo felt like peeing so he excused himself. He search for the comfort room.

While on his way there he bumped into a guy.

"Oh! Im sorry.."

He quickly apologized.

The other guy just bow his head.

The guy seemed on a rush. He is with a doctor who is pushing a wheelchair with a patient wearing a mask and a hospital dress.

The patient looks like sleeping. The two excused themselves quickly.

Jisoo followed them with a sight specially on the patient being pushed with the wheelchair.

'She looks weak..'

Jisoo said as he proceed on his tracks.
















 

11:00 am.

Jeonghan remembered about assisting a doctor on stitching.

So he found his way on the second floor of the hospital.

He search for room 124 and found it at the last of the rooms.  A part wher it is dark.

Jeonghan frowned because of a suddent flay he is feeling at the moment.

He knocked on the door before he slowly open it.

He was about to speak but when he see the dark room he decided to go out.

Unfortunately it's too late.

Someone covered his mouth to suppress his screams.

That was when he realize what is happening.. again.

One man is holding him from behind while the other is going to inject something from him.

Thanks to the light outside, he recognized the man.

It was the doctor - he don't know if it's real- but it was the man who asked him to be on that room at the first place.

Jeonghan struggle.

Trying to escape but the man holding him is so strong.

He felt something on his arm and it was the syringe with a liquid on it.

Not too long Jeonghan felt his muscles gave away.. He fell on his knees without a fight.

His vision blurred as his head spin.

Just before he closed his eyes, he saw a hospital dress being forcefully weared to him and he was lifted on a wheelchair.














 

"He's still not around."

Jihoon complained after waiting for almost two hours with Jisoo.

The two wait patiently for their friend but unfortunately, no sign of Jeonghan came. Not even an apparition.

So the two decided to give up and leave message on his phone before going.

After some times, the two made their way to their studio.

It was the place where their world is complete. Well.. aside from having their friends and family too.

They were walking when they saw a bunch of guys came out from a building.

"Isn't that Seungcheol the camel?"

Jihoon point out when he recognized one of them.

Jisoo look at them and they met gazes exactly.

They walk to each other.

"Hey.. where have you been?"

Jun asked first.

"From Jeonghan.. we were about to ask him for lunch--

"About to.. What do you mean?"

Wonwoo asked.

Jisoo answered this time.

"He didn't take his break. We waited for two hours but he didn't came."

Wonwoo was about to call his boyfriend but Jihoon talk.

"His phone is on his locker.. that's what his co workers told us. We've been calling him for a mullion times already."

The small scary guy said sulking.. still feeling sad because he didn't get to hace lunch with Jeonghan on their free day.
 

Silence came in between them as they walk together..

..but not until Jisoo's phone rang out.

So he fished it out only to have his eyes widen and had his hand shake from what he saw on his phone.

They all notice how he went froze and stuck on his track.

"Hey hyung.. you ok?"

Mingyu asked.

Jisoo didn't falter on his shock state so Minghao came near him and put an arm around his shoulder.

"What is it ---

But before Minghao could finished his question his face turn into a horror when he saw what's on Jisoo's phone.

"J-jeonghan.. "

Wide eyes like Jisoo.

All of them came near them to see what's caused their flay.

It took them a matter of seconds to finaly analyze the picture.
 

"... "

All they could mutter when they snapped back to their senses.

Wonwoo felt furiously. Rage creeping on his nerves as his knuckles turn to fist of pale white.

 

It was a picture of Jeonghan.

Hands and feet both bound. Unconscious.

"Th-that hospital dress.. I.. I didn't know.. "

Jisoo remembered it well.

The man he bumped in to earlier and the patient on the wheelchair..


 

--------------------



 

This one is kinda short..

What will happen to our dear angel?

What other revelations will he find out?

Is Jeonghan gonna survive this time?