5//Safety//

The Devil's Angel

 

They are waiting at the Gwangdong port but nothing came.

"I wonder what made them change their mind."

Mingyu said referring to the negotiators.

"I still can't believe Jeonghan's parents are gunrunners."

Jun said.

They went to the port not to show up but to observe.

They want to confirm everything even though it's already clear to them that all the information they had was accurate.

Yoon Jaehan and Yoon Hyerim are tycoon in business world as well as gambling world.

They run a company for ten years but stop.. but not the gambling. The gambling went on. They don't negotiate drugs. Just weaponry and guns.

When they search for the private life's data base.. they see nothing.

All is just about the couple.

No information leave a track for others to know of them having a child.

No one in their gambling world knows about them having a son.

That was to keep him shut out of their secret world.

 

"Jeonghan told me that he don't know what his parent's job is.. but he trust them.."

Wonwoo said.

"The innocence.."

Hansol mumbled.
 

Aside from tracking information from the two, they also track down information about Jeonghan.

They were all relieved at the same time they pity the know-less Angel.


 

Yes. Jeonghan is indeed innocent. He doesn't know anything about it.

He grew up away from his family. Since he was a kid, his parents are always away.

He lived with his Aunt.

His Mom's younger sister.

Where they find the data is not important. Minghao has ways.

"Have you talk to him?"

Seungcheol asked.

Wonwoo then shake his head slowly. Not yet.

"I wonder how he'll feel about this. He is very clueless about his parents... yet he still trust them."

Minghao said.

"It's because he love them."

Chan said.

They all sighed problematic.

The coast was clear that night. No one came and showed up.

Nothing happened.









 

Jeonghan woke up in a new surrounding. It was so instant. He moved to a house where his father believed he is safer.

The new surrounding made his feeling light.

Knowing his parents are downstairs probably sipping their morning coffee and eating their breakfast, Jeonghan felt so happy.

He then went down to his new kitchen to meet his parents with a smile.

"Good morning!"

He said as he gave them morning kisses.

"How's your sleep?"

They asked him..

"I feel better."

It was true. He felt better.

Knowing that he is already safe his fear subsided..

"If you feel someone is following you again don't hesitate to call this number."

His father hand him a paper with digits on it.

"Who's this?"

"A friend."

Jeonghan frowned.

"Why not call the police instead?"

With Jeonghan's question his mother tensed.

The kitchen went silent.
 

Jeonghan, not knowing the reason asked.

"Is anything wrong on calling the police in times like that?"

His parents shared a look and his mom is the first one to shake her head.

"No Jeonghan.. It's just.. because... "

Jeonghan is waiting for her mother's answer.

But she seemed can't find the words to say.

"There's nothing wrong on calling police Jeonghan.. but make sure to call tis number first."

"Who is this person dad?"

"I told you he's a friend. A close friend of mine. He'll sure help you if we're not around."

Jeonghan sighed.

He look at the digits on his hand. He saved it on his phone without further question.

"Until when are you staying here?"

Jeonghan asked.

"Why.. don't you want us here? I thought you miss us already.."

His mom's mischievousness played.

"Mom.. "

The couple giggled.

"You better get ready for school Jeonghan-ah.. "

That was when Jeonghan realized he has class for the day.

"Shoot! I nearly forgot!"

He said dashing on the stairs and   go to his room.

"We're going to have you a new haircut this afternoon!"

His mom shouted as he go.
 

He did the rituals in the morning. A smile didn't leave his lips.. but slowed down in tracks when he remembered someone.

'He didn't even bother to call..'

'Well.. He's not my boyfriend anyway... Why bother.'

It made him frown even more.

They're complicated.

What kind of relationship does they have?

A no label mutual understanding?

Or..

Just some sort of flirting?

He sighed.

'Nevermind.'

Then he head downstairs where his parents is waiting.

"Make sure to go home early ok?"

His mom remind him as he step out of the door after receiving his goodbye kisses.










 

Jeonghan felt light going to school. He didn't mind the long line of students on the entrance. Instead he give everyone a smile. Even the school guards.

"You look happy hyung!"

"Oh hi Seungkwan!"

Seungkwan came from behind him. The boy- like he usually do is smiling. It never leave his face.

"You look so confident for someone who's taking exams."

Jeonghan smiled even more.
He's examination is near.

Soon, he'll be on an On Job Training or OJT.

He'll be rounding out on a hospital just like what he always wanted .

"I'll be busy these days.. I still need to review hard to pass you know."

Seungkwan nod and giggled.

"You can do it hyung.. You're not just a pretty face. Waa.. I'll be looking forward to call you
'Dr. Yoon'."

They both giggled. When it's time the doctor-wannabe and Seunkwan parted ways.

He didn't bother to pass by on Jisoo and Jihoon's room like he always do.

All he want to do right now is pass his project and get some reviewer guidelines points and go home.

His parent is waiting for him.





 

He enter the class and beam a smile on his Prof. who is always delightful to see him.

The discussion went well as usual. His seat is near the window. A passage of sight to see the people on the school ground.

When the professor is already done in their class, he found himself staring at someone who is walking across his sight.

Hands on pocket not bothering to look back or anywhere else.. just straight ahead.

He look at him with longing eyes.

There's no point on denying it..

He miss him.

He know Wonwoo is not a showy person whenever other people is around.. but whenever they're alone.. that's what he miss.

He sighed when Wonwoo is out of sight already..

"Better keep myself busy huh."

He said in a monotone.

He is reading something when he remember the night his photo albums were lost.

'Who get it? What does he want to do with it? Why bother to get such things?"

His money and ATM cards are on the study table that time. How come the intruder didn't get it and get his photo albums instead?

He sighed once more.

He don't want to overthink. Not when he need to focus on studying.

He got home feeling down. He chose not to join his friends at lunch. Instead, he got home early as possible and eat with his parents.

After the shopping and all around, they decided to enter a salon and get a new hair cut for the whole family.


 

The week passed as if it was just a day. Nothing really happened since Jeonghan is really busy reviewing and would only visit school for an hour and go home.

His parents are not there anymore. They had their flight after 3 days.

So Jeonghan is alone again.. but umlike before, he's not bothered by it. He's surprisingly ok.

Paperworks and exam reviewers is clouding his mind.. forgetting everything in his world.

He also turn his phone off after telling Jisoo and Jihoon that he need no disturbance.

Since the two didn't know where he currently leave and he has no plan on telling them until exam is over, he's enjoying his own world alone.
 

He also excused himself at playing at the Bistro since he can't manage.

Another week passed.





 

The group decided to play basketball.

A dozen of dazzling boys invade the school gym and found something to dribble on.

While the others are playing basketball, the BooSeokSoon sit in the benches.
 

"Waah.. They're so good at it."

Seokmin said referring to the other's who's playing basketball.

"I can't disagree to that."

Seungkwan said. Just then Hansol shoot the ball and the three of them cheered.

Then back at the conversation again.

"I miss Jeonghan hyung already."

Soonyoung said pouting.

"His OJT will start next week yet he's still not sparing us some time."

The three frown even more.

They saw Wonwoo who is sitting at the other side of the court.

Phone in his hand and looking seriously at his phone.

"He's been so cold. Colder than he really is."

Seungkwan shrugged. The whole two weeks without their Angel was a punishment.

They always found themselves whining because his phone is always off.

Even Jisoo and Jihoon has no contact with him.

No one know where he is.

They always wait for him in his class but the prof said that he's not around because he already complied his requirements.
 

The people on the Bistro is starting to ask about him.

All they could say is he's busy and he don't want any sort of disturbance.

Which is true after all.






 

They went to eat outside the school. People they pass by gave them look of awe.

It's not common to see 12 boys with such good looks.. and there's a dozen of them.

On the way to a restaurant the BooSeokSoon tandem are the one making noise.

They always do.

When they enter the restaurant where they regularly eat, they found a spot near the glass window.

Two table was put together just to make sure they all fit in.

After ordering their regulars, they sat down and wait for their food.

"Did Jeonghan already called you?"

Jun asked. Sipping on his straw on the water.

"Not yet. I still can't reach his phone. It's always off."

Jisoo replied. The others listen attentively. It's their angel they are talking about right now and everyone finds it very important.

"We should have come with him when he moved."

Jihoon said.. a little regretful.

"Trainings will start next week already.. why don't we take a break.. like a two day vacation?"

Seungcheol suggested.

Everyone look at him. Just then the food came.

They silently eat when Soonyoung asked something.

"Why did Jeonghan hyung moved anyway?"

He asked, mouth full of food.

"Did your mother ever told you not to talk while your mouth is full?"

Jihoon glared at him.. so he swallowed it all and gulp it once.

"Ok. First of all my mom did. Secondly, answer my question."

They all smile because of Soonyoung's amusing act.

Jihoon sighed as he drink a glass of water.

"Someone broke on his house and get some important things from his room."

With the brief phrase, all of them stop eating and look at Jihoon.

While the latter look at Jisoo and nod. Indicating Jisoo to continue his story-telling with them as childs who are intently listening.

"His birth certificate was gone as well as his photo albums where all of his and his parents pictures are all compiled and intact."

This time the looks on their faces are so serious. The light atmosphere when they first came vanished.

It was replaced by different aura.

"He's also wondering why the intruder would get those but not his money and accessories that is laying only at his study desk."

"What else?"

Wonwoo asked, jaw clenched.

It was Jihoon's turn to continue.

The other get back to eating since hungriness is not easy to subside.

"He also said that he always feel like someone's following him whenever he's alone."

That's when Wonwoo's fist balled up as well as the other.

Except from the five who doesn't know anything about the thing they knew.
 

"So his parents decided to move immediately the same day."

Seungcheol's eyebrows met.

"His parents?"

"Yeah.. they flight back from China to check up upon him because of his condition. Mentally and physically."

Jisoo replied.

The table was a total silence.

Speculations, emotion, worry, and other feelings mixed on the air.

"This is a serious matter."

Seokmin who is always laughing and smiling like a fool is also looking so serious at the moment  as he said the statement he has in mind.

"How could he hide this from us? He should have told us about this so we can help."

Seungkwan said almost crying. They feel him.

"We told him the same thing Seungkwan, but all he said is assurance that he's alright.. and he don't want to bother us that's why he keep it to himself."

Jisoo said as he caress the younger's back comforting him.

They all sighed.. but the other half of the table have something more in their mind.

"We need to see him.."

Mingyu uttered

As if on cue, his wish was heared.

Across the street where they can see clearly through the glass is the pretty male who they are talking about since the last two weeks.

Looking so angelic with his white shirt and trouser with a white coat that reach his knees.

Despite having a new color of hair and a bit shorter of haircut, his face is all they see.















 

Jeonghan is full of eating only ramen for the whole week.

He don't want to eat ramen again maybe for a whole week.

When he saw his fridge is also empty of real food and only fruits, cake, juice and water is there, he grab his wallet as well as his coat.


 

He don't know how to use a car nor a scooter so he always rides bus whenever he's going out.

He ended up on a restaurant that is so familiar to him.

It was where he and Minhyuk always eat for lunch, so he's guaranteed with the food's taste and quality.

He wait for the car to disperse before crossing the road.

He entered the restaurant's glass door only to be met by two familiar- very much familiar faces.

They held him and he can't do anything but to oblige on Seungkwan and Soonyoung's silent demand.

It wasn't long when he realized that all of them are there..

..and the person he don't want to see.. because he don't know how to act around him anymore. He's not ready to face him.
 

As the steps gets closer.. Seungkwan and Soonyoung's strength on pulling him increases.

He's hesitating.. nervous, scared, at the same time.. he's happy to see them. He really miss his friends. He was just eaten by the review's system that's why he shut his door with them left outside...

.. and now he's here.

They let him sit beside the man he don't want to interact at the very moment.

All of them are simply quiet.

So quiet that it gave him chills.

He look on each one of them who are now looking at him as if he's bare.

He gulped. Smiled awkwardly and with his nervous tone, he speak.
 

"H-hi g-guys.."

..but no one answered.

He felt weak at the very moment.

He know why they're like that.

Jeonghan felt guilty for his act these last weeks. He force to shut them out of his world not bothering to give him assurance that he's fine..

Or even spare time to ask them about their day or call them, join them, play with them, dine with them. Not.

He forget his friends who are always with him.

Specially Jisoo and Jihoon. The BooSeokSoon.

He sighed again looking defeated.  He can't afford to look at them so he bowed his head.

They were still silent.

As if giving him a cold treatment.

Jeonghan may be strong in times of joy.. but emotionally weak when it comes to people who are so close in his heart.

Later on, they heared sniffs from him.

His two bestfriends know he's already crying.

They know how guilty he is feeling right now.

So Jihoon talk in a calm matter.

"We haven't done anything yet you're already crying.."

He said.

That made Jeonghan cried even more. Now they sighed guiltily.

How could they make an angel cry?

Seungkwan start rubbing his back and mumbling sorry.
 

While sobbing, he managed to speak.

"Im sorry guys.. I was just.. just pressured and.. and nervous and all.. I didn't mean to--

"It's ok Han.. No need to explain. We're sorry too for scaring you."

Jisoo said looking more guilty than ever. He don't want to see his friend crying.

The angel wipe his face with the back of his hands.

Wonwoo who is sitting beside him hand him a glass of water for him to calm down.

Jeonghan with no hesitation accept it.

"Thanks.."

He mumbled after pouring the cold water on his drying throat.

When they feel that he's already calm they ask him.

"Have you eaten your lunch yet?"

Minghao asked.

Jeonghan shake his head.

"I actually came here to buy some and eat it at home.."

So Jisoo called for the waiter and ordered something for Jeonghan to eat.

They continue eating though the others are done.

"We missed you hyung.. really."

Seokmin said.

Jeonghan smiled weakly.

"Me too.. All of you.. Im sorry again."

They all nod at him.

Just then.. he felt a hand intertwined with his under the table.

He look at Wonwoo who is sitting beside him.. while the latter is looking away..

..but the hold on his hand is tight as if not wanting to let him go.

He felt guiltier.

Again, there's no point on denying the fact that he miss Wonwoo and his secret affection.

He missed him. That's all.

He couldn't imagine how he endured not seeing them for almost a month.

Not talking with them, ignoring their messages.

His food arrived and with one hand he eat.. not minding the tight grip on his other.

"You should eat more.. you look skinnier than Jisoo hyung himself."

Chan said.

Hansol on the other hand nod in agreement sitting beside their youngest.

"We have something important to talk about.."

Jihoon voiced out.. Jeonghan stop biting on his food..

"..but eat first."

The small monster said.

So Jeonghan did.

While doing so Wonwoo notice that he's having difficulty in eating so he let go and Jeonghan use his other hand to grab the saucer in front of him.

When they finished- all of them, they get out and headed to the park near the area. It was they spent two hours in the restaurant without noticing it.

They all gave tips to the waiter and other staffs since they spent too long on the place.

 

They are walking at the moment.
The atmosphere was back at it's state again since they felt lighter having them complete already.
 

Jeonghan chose to walk behind them not noticing that Wonwoo is also behind him.

The latter seize his hand tightly.

He was surprised but calm down when he saw who it is.

"Woo.."

"You little prickhead."

Jeonghan laughed softly because of what Wonwoo say.
He sound like a child who's in the middle of a little way of vengeance.

"If that's your way of saying you miss me then I can't do anything about it."

He said laughing a little bit.

"Don't ignore me again."

The favor made Jeonghan mute.

He didn't talk nor made a sound.

"I was about to drive to your new house earlier when we're talking about you--

"Wait, you know where Im staying at?"

Jeonghan asked surprised again.

"Only this morning while we're playing."

"But how?"

"I have ways.."

Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

'Of course he do.'

They arrived at the park after a walk. They all settle themselves on the grass since they were a little exhausted by the hike.
 

"Now.. as I said, we will talk."

Jihoon started.

"Of course, how could I forget it."

Jeonghan answered after flopping down on the ground.

"We are going to talk about your safety Jeonghan.. We are worried about you."

The topic made Jeonghan sighed. He knew this will be the grand agenda of their talk.

"Im already ok Jihoon. Mom and Dad hired security guards outside my house.. There's nothing to be worry of."

He explained. It was true. His parents did hired two men to guard him.

"Then how about that someone you felt following you?"

Jisoo asked.

They are attentively listening.

"Im alright really. I feel safer now."

He said.




 

They kept the silence.

"So.. does anyone of you guys agree with the outing I was suggesting?"

Seungcheol said out of the blue.

So everyone look at him.

They think about it for a while.

They need it though..

Healing and all. It's been hell of a week for their busy life as a student. OJT will start next week and they won't have time to be with each other for a while.

Specially Jeonghan, who'll be very busy than the others.

 

"I think that's a good Idea."
 

Jeonghan spoke.

"Think of it as a healing time, we all need it, I really need it."

"You sure?"

Wonwoo asked. Jeonghan look at him and slowly nod.

 

"So let's all go home and pack up! Let's get it on!"

Seungkwan exclaimed happily as he stood up excitedly.

The two dorks join him and they are now jumping while cheering.
 

While the other smile and also stand up.

"I guess then we'll meet here.. tomorrow morning ok?"

Jisoo said.

"Bring all your craziness with you guys!! This is going to be fun!"

The three said before running away.

They all shake their head because Chan and Hansol run after the three who are cheering like crazy.. while shouting..
 

"Hey Dorks!! WAIT FOR US!"







 

They are walking back to their cars and scooterswhen Jisoo said something.
 

"You two need to talk. We're going ahead. Bye! Don't you dare turn your phone off. Jihoon will break it for you."

Jisoo said looking back at Jeonghan who is a bit red face at the moment because they are staring at their hands.

Well Wonwoo doesn't even fazed.

They all went in to their ride after saying their goodbyes to the two who are already left alone.

They just stood there with comfortable silence.

Until Wonwoo open the other side of the car and Jeonghan went in.

The drive was silent. The music invade their mind and somehow made their mind light.

Jeonghan didn't bother to ask Wonwoo where they're heading. He don't mind at all.





 

Glancing at him while driving as if memorizing Wonwoo's features.


 

"You'll never get rid of me Jeonghan."

 

Jeonghan was baffled.

He sighed.. and sighed again.

"To be honest.. One of the reason why I didn't show up is because I wantto avoid you.."

 

Jeonghan said honestly.

There, he finally let it out.

Aside from being busy is the reason that he don't want to see Wonwoo for a while.

It was confusion that drive him crazy.

It was their unlabeled status that keeps him thinking what he should do or how he should act.

He doesn't even know for sure if Wonwoo was serious or just damn playing with him.

He don't want to assume despite of Wonwoo's action towards him.

Despite the happiness he's feeling whenever Wonwoo make heart fluttering things.
 

He's confused on their untitled relationship.
 

Wonwoo didn't answer at all..

Jeonghan sighed again.

Feeling hopeless.

Maybe that was just a game..

..and he's lucky enough to be one of the player on Wonwoo's playhouse.
 

'Such a fool Jeonghan.. You fell too fast not knowing where to land when no one's going to catch you..'




 

The whole trip was so silent.

Until he saw the familiar neighborhood they were passing by.
 

They arrived at his house already..
 

The guards recognized him on the clear wind shield of the car and give them a nod indicating that everything is fine.



 

He was about to get out of the car but hesitated.

So what he did was look at Wonwoo who is looking straight ahead.. the guy looks blank.

No expression at all.

It's like he's having an argument in his mind.
 

"Do you want to see my new house?"

That was when Wonwoo look at him and nod.

So the two of them get out of the car and Jeonghan lead the pace.

The house was totally big for someone who lives alone.

The details were good, pleasing in eyes.

Jeonghan motion him to sit down on the couch while he get something to drink.








 

Thinking that Wonwoo is enjoying his couch, Jeonghan get some juice on the fridge.

Place it aside then he proceed to the sink and wash two glass.


 

He was enjoying the coldness of water showering his pale hands.

 

Not long.. he then feel two limbs embrace him from behind.

A hot breath on his neck..

..and a whisper saying

"Im sorry.."

Jeonghan stuck upon his spot.
He don't know why the other was saying sorry.

But he has a strong feeling that this is abot their complicated situation.

A situation without assurance.

 

"What for?"

He tried to sound normal despite of the sadness he's feeling because of the thought that Wonwoo is just playing with his feeling.

 

"Im sorry for making you confused.. Im just.. I told you.. I've never felt like this before.
The feeling of overwhelmed whenever you're around."

Jeonghan didn't say anything.

"I know Im such an indiot not telling things directly to you.. Isn't it obvious that I like you?"

Jeonghan gulped before speaking.

"I don't want to assume things Wonwoo.. you just told me to trust you and that's what I did."

"You do trust me?"

"Yes."

Of course he trust him.

He can't deny it.. but whenever Wonwoo is around, he feel safe.

As if no one can hurt him whenever he have him.





 

"Then do you trust me if I say I love you?"




 

The question stunned him.

Does he?

Of course he do.
 

He don't know what kind of force made him turn around.
 

And since Wonwoo is hugging him from behind, he's now so close to him. Face directly facing the other..

Wonwoo was surprise.

You can see it on how his eyes widen a little.

But after a blink it came back to normal and it didn't blink again because he don't want to lose any seconds without staring what in front of him.

"There just one thing that you do you don't know that does something to me.. "

 

Wonwoo speak as he imprisoned Jeonghan on his arms with both sides on the edge of the sink behind the angel.

He lean forward and forward. Nearer and nearer until their nose touches..

Warm breaths meeting between their faces.

Hearts beating as if it wants to jump out of their chest any moment.

Looking intently in their eyes.

Staring at each other Jeonghan ask.

"What is it?"




 

"You're shaking me out of my zone.. "

He said as he bridged the gap on their waiting lips.

It was soft and warm.

Jeonghan willingly compiled.

Tasting their cavern as if it was the tastiest candy they have ever tried.

They don't know how long it was but when they parted, they grasp for oxygen.

 

Wonwoo was fast and strong enough to lift him on the kitchen countertop..

Jeonghan claw his arms on Wonwoo's nape as doing so.. and when he felt the cold surface, both of them dive to their face again.

 

The second kiss was desperate, more hungry like a beast.

Jeonghan's legs was open wide with Wonwoo in between and his hands on the latters shoulder blades clasping for support.

Meanwhile Wonwoo's hands is snickering around his body.

No one wants to stop.. unfortunately, they're human and they have lungs to fill.

"Woo-nghh.."

With one last bite on his lower lip Wonwoo pulled back, heavily breathing.

 

Silence.
 

Staring at each other, Jeonghan speak while looking at him.
 

"You really love me do you?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Well.. you can't blame me. It wasn't long when I met you.. You just pop out somewhere and take me.. then this."

He said while playing at Wonwoo's excess strands of hair on his sweaty forehead.

"I'll do it again if I have too.."

Wonwoo said never fazing his fixed look on the angel sitting in front of him with him standing on his inbetween.

 

"No need though.. so what are we now? Are we.. you know.. Officially dating."
 

Wonwoo give him a quick peck on his lips.

Followed by a long sweet kiss.

"You're abusing.. "

Jeonghan said faking a pout.



 

"What? Aren't a boyfriend allowed to do that?"









 

-------------

Hope you love this. Wonhan beybii!