015: An Oath of Trust [Final Chapter]

There’s Magic in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It didn’t happen.

Of course it didn’t. 

Was I really going to let my werewolf boyfriend kick out a wounded family of vampires out of his land before one of them could heal properly? Baekhyun was too emotional (and maybe I was too) he relied too much on his feelings. He was angry, and upset. I understood that, but I wasn’t going to understand the actions that stemmed out of them.

I did what I did best. I convinced him to leave them stay for three days, get themselves together, and providing them with blood supplies for those three days. When they’re good to go, they’ll go. Of course he didn’t agree, or did but reluctantly. I gave him that look that spoke volume on how disappointed of him I was, and he grumbled his approval after that under his breath.

Did it mean he made it easy for me? Heck no. He kept ignoring me, avoiding my eyes whenever we were in class and sulking through our family dinners. He didn’t say a word to me through the past two days and fourteen hours, and honestly, I wasn’t about to force him to talk to me. I think I did a lot of forcing in our relationship to last a decade. It hurt his precious little feelings that I was in control of him more than the fact there were vampires in his land, I bet. Alpha males - and males in general, actually - had control issues. It’s either them in control of the relationship or they’ll sulk.

Which is something Baekhyun did a lot. Who’d have thought?

Deep in thoughts, I flew down the stairs, hopping over two steps at a time, widening my strides until I was facing the front door of our porch. I was surprised, however, to find Sehun sitting in front of the door, his back to me and his front facing the front yard. He was holding two blue daggers, his eyes settled on them with deep precision. What was he doing?

“Why are you here?” I called, walking the remaining steps toward him and plopping down beside him. He didn’t flinch or seem that surprised to see me appear out of no where, and gave me a simple stare of acknowledgement. “I thought dad was going to train our asses.”

True. After my vampire escapade. My dad wanted me to train with the boys, because according to him, I was reckless, and that I had to have some kind of physical aid whenever I needed it. He specifically stressed about how I’ll not always be able to use my magic, or can’t, and personal fighting experience would help me. I thought it was bull. There’s no such thing or way to stop a mage from having magic, and we can always use it, verbally or not. I secretly believed I was being punished for what I did with the vampires without his consultation, and he wanted to beat my for it.

“He is,” Sehun sighed, but a small smirk quickly lit his face. He seemed to be remembering something. “He’s going through Chanyeol now. He’s a tough opponent. He brought my dad on his a few times and my dad is adamant on paying back.”

“That’s kinda childish.” I commented with slight surprise in my tone, not expecting this from my soft but gruff father. Sehun let out a snicker of amusement, twirling one of his daggers around his hand impressively. 

“Oh, dad is the epitome of childishness. He can’t accept the fact a child can bring him down when he’s supposed to take care of this land.”

I snorted. That was so unexpected of my old man. He was gentle and kind, respectful and wise. He seemed almost perfect. To hear this.. side of him existed demolished that idea of perfection out of him. It was kind of cute too. 

“Why did Baek choose your father to take over the land for him when he’s not an Alpha?” I decided to ask, totally changing the subject (it was cute, but I didn’t want the perfect image of my dad to be shattered right in front of me). Sehun gave me a curious look, his tiny eyes a little mischievous, I bet it was because I said Baek instead of Baekhyun. 

“Probably because he trusts him the most,” Sehun shared, looking back down at his daggers. “You might not remember it, but Baek Hyung has been a part of our family since he was small. His family was friends with ours, and when they died, Baekhyun Hyung was left in our care.”

I kinda guessed that, so I didn’t have anything else to say regarding it. I think I should have a more in depth conversation with Baekhyun about this. I wanted to know more about his family; and I bet a million he wanted to know about what happened when I stayed with Sophia too.

“By the way, how did you manage to convince Baek Hyung to leave the vampires alone?” Sehun asked, turning his body entirely to face me. I snorted, smiling a small smile.

“Don’t remind me. He’s still sulking over it, three days later. You know that he hasn’t talked to me since then? He’s so childish.” I said. He totally was. Even though it was cute, it was starting to become slightly annoying. Why couldn’t he be angry or lash out? Why couldn’t he talk? Why did he have to say silent? I can’t deal with silence. I didn’t swallow it, it swallowed me. 

“I have never seen Hyung like that before. He’s usually so stubborn and cool-headed, a bit brash if you will, but I’ve never seen him sulk.” Sehun sounded too amused of his own good and his eyes, even though were looking further ahead now, were twinkling. He was having the time of his life, alright. 

“Huh, can’t believe you.” I said, smiling. “That’s the only thing he does around me.”

“You know that orders are never permitted until they go over him, right?” Sehun suddenly said, turning around to lock our eyes together. His tone was serious but his eyes were still mildly amused. “My dad is in charge and all, but everything, and I mean everything, needs to be appraised and approved by him first. How the heck did you manage to make him agree of two vampires in his area?”

Oh, I didn’t think it was this serious. Baekhyun was a fetus, why would he be in charge of anything at this point? Did he even know how to separate between the good quality decisions and not? I’m not doubting him, I’m just thinking about how pressuring it is for an eighteen years old boy to be in charge of a bunch of lands. Wasn’t he going through training as well? He wasn’t yet officially an Alpa but he still had to act like one at times? Damn, I pitied him a whole lot more now. 

“What do you think I did? Blinked my eyes and seduced him into agreeing?” I blinked my eyes jokingly in emphasis, showing him what I exactly meant; and Sehun groaned, pushing my face away in disgust.

“Don’t ever do that again. Not in front of my face, not his, not everyone’s.”

“I’m adorable, you .” I cursed, offended of his words. Did he not like what I just did? Well, I bet Baekhyun totally would. 

“Right, maybe Baek Hyung kept saying that and you believed him, but you’re not even close.” Sehun snorted after his thrown offense, smiling wide and probably even trying to bite on his laugh. I found myself warming up to that sight of him. My magic hummed in agreement, twirling inside me and reacting to him.

“Huh, I didn’t know you’re capable of being rude. Guess this is me wrong about you.” I commented playfully, pushing his shoulder tenderly to the side. 

“I didn’t know you could be so talkative and expressive. Huh, guess this is me wrong about you.” He mimicked, giving me the exact push I gave him but to my head. He must feel privileged to that since he was taller than me, and I didn’t even mind.

I smiled softly at him and he, after a minute; smiled back. We sat around each other for a few more minutes, appreciating the silence and each other, the realization of our sibling bond strengthening dawning over us. We both accepted it but said nothing of it. We both agreed to become better sibling for the other, silently, to learn to become each other’s rock. Even though we never knew each other until now, something in us recognized our eternal love, support and adoration for each other. 

“So, are you going to tell me why the heck you’re holding two daggers?” I commented after a few minutes, nudging his broad shoulder with mine and pointing at his playthings. 

“They’re my weapon of choice.” He replied easily, shrugging. I raised my eyebrows in ridicule.

“We get to choose our own weapons when we train? That’s unfair.”

“Not when we all wield something in specific. It’s just unfair to you. You don’t seem like you’re good at wielding anything.”

“I have the strongest weapon in my grip,” I scoffed, offended with his rude words even though I knew this was the reaction he expected. “I don’t need all of these artificial creations.”

“Oh yeah, what is that?” He dared question me, his lips curled in challenge. I was happy to wipe his smile out of his lips. 

I opened the palm of one of my hands, and he raised his eyebrows in wonder. I found my lips slowly curl into a small smile, my eyes glinting. I drew a single curl in the air with my free hand, and his daggers snapped out of his hands forcefully, flying all the way to my opened palm.

“Magic.” I mumbled, and Sehun’s eyes slowly became flooded with awe.

 

-

“Hana, you’re with Baek.” My dad said, pointing at the grumbling kid who refused to look at me. I instantly begun to protest, kicking my feet on the ground. 

“Are you kidding me, dad? Do you want me to be beaten into a pulp? Have you seen the way he’s glaring at me?” At my words, Baekhyun lifted his eyes from the ground and really glared at me, while my dad sighed.

We were supposed to train together. Dad, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai, Suho, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Of course, since I wasn’t good with all of this physical onslaught of muscles, I was to be paired with someone who was good and precise in his moves. Dad picked Baekhyun to be that, apparently, and I didn’t distrust his judgment. I simply wanted to rile out a reaction from the sad, wounded puppy. 

“Baekhyun is the strongest opponent you can have since he’s training to be an Alpha,” Dad said in a voice that was bored. I felt like he wanted to be done with our . Couldn’t say I blame them. “He’s the best you can have to help through your training since you’re a beginner.”

“Did you hear what I just said?” I repeated, wide-eyed, and Baekhyun, I heard, release a soft yet threatening growl under his breath. He was so easy to rile. 

“I did and I decided to ignore you,” Dad said with a roll of his eyes. “When people start saying nonsense I have to do that.”

I gaped at him, watching him exit the large circle - made or rocks - in the backyard to go home, mumbling some incoherent jumbles under his breath. I snapped my neck back to Baekhyun, slowly walking toward the awaiting boy and standing in the middle of the circle.

“I’ll go easy on you sweetheart.”

Baekhyun whispered like a predator, hunching his stance and cracking his knuckles with passive-aggression, a small smirk lighting up his beautiful face. I put on a show of a forceful gulp; taking few steps back in fear, even though I was not scared, and Baekhyun’s smirk widened. He took just a small step forward and I instantly rushed out of the circle. this stupid game. It was not fun.

“Hana, you’re out of the line. Go back into the circle.” Suho called out, trying to muffle his laughter and putting on a fake, serious face. He took the role of dad since he wasn’t around, and gave me a look over with hands on his hips. The rest didn’t suppress their laughter, and I snapped my head toward their place with a glare. It was not funny! Did they see how predatory Baekhyun looked? Did they assume I’d stay and fight because I’m magical? I have magic, not strength! I can’t even lift three, five-hundred pages books at the same time!

Baekhyun was fighting off a smile of amusement while when I looked at him, my cheeks definitely flushing red with anger and embarrassment. Well, at least one of us is enjoying. 

Suho called out at me when I started to walk away, and I yelled behind my back. 

“ this , you want me to secretly die, don’t you.”

However, a single comment from Kai, who was simply watching with amusement made me pause in my strides.

“Damn, Hana. I thought you’re badass. I guess not.”

He did not just say that.

“Oh no you didn’t.” I heard someone mutter. I didn’t know who it was, but their sudden spike of fear was quite appropriate. Kai did not just rile me like that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter