BONUS #1

There’s Magic in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, why are you here by yourself?”

Sehun’s ears perked at the sound of Hana’s sweet tumbles, and from where he was sitting on the stairs of the front porch’s door, he tilted his head backward to be able to look at her. She was coming out of the house wearing an expression of taut, un-showing curiosity, but since he was an expert with blank, flat expressions, he could easily spot the decent worry she was harboring behind that solid, rock-mask of hers.

“Just thinking.” He murmured, sheathing his remaining dagger back to its clover and placing beside him. He thought he’d miss his duality, but giving Hana a dagger of his own made weapon made her feel ten times protected to his animalistic wolf. His wolf didn’t care that she was half his size but still strictly three times stronger than him by her aiding magic. He just wanted her to have a dagger she could protect herself with, especially a weapon of his.

“You? Oh Sehun? Thinking?” 

There was a slight pinch of teasing in her tone that Sehun was vaguely familiar with its cause. She didn’t have such tint of life in her when he first saw her. She was blank-faced and mean looking, with lips strewn shut and eyes as sealed as a his blades. But now, ever since she was starting to blend in to the people around her and her surroundings, she seemed to grow a whole lot more delightful of herself and circumstances.

“I’m, well, contemplating.” Sehun murmured again, staring at the calloused; rough pads of his fingers. He felt her sitting her skirt-clad bum beside him, a little too close, and normally, he’d steer away, but she was his sister, his twin, literally a half of him, and she gave his wolf comfort, not pain. 

“About?” 

Her heard another sweet mumble, and raised his hunched neck up to stare at the ring of trees surrounding his house, eyebrows furrowed. He wondered if he should really tell her what he thinking of. It was a sensitive topic to her, he and everyone else noticed; but he knew as well that she was the only one who’s capable of answering his silent inquiries. So with a deep sigh of anguish, or whatever emotion coating his senses, he replied.

“My mom.”

As expected, the girl beside him flinched, or maybe the sudden gesture of her body scooting further away - an inch away - was what his head registered as a sign of withdrawal. Whatever it was, she wasn’t liking it. However, unlike what he thought, she wasn’t pulling away from him of the subject. She actually cleared and shifted around to face her body with his. Sehun’s brown, dull eyes met her calculating ones.

“Why are you thinking about her?”

“I don’t know,” He answered, truthfully, a deep rumbling sigh coming out of his chest. “I’ve never met her before, and I remember flickers of her face that I’m not even sure if they are right or not. I mean, I don’t wanna say this in front of you, but I wish I could see her, even just for one time.”

“You have every right to want that.” He found her murmur back, scooting back to the same space she had taken away from him. Sehun felt her warmth seep through his own clothes.

“You’re not mad?” He said back curiously; turning around to meet her brown eyes again.

“Why would I be?” Sehun heard truth in her voice, and he found his heart grow warm. “She treated me horribly, but does that make her any less of a figure I’d want to be a real mother? I’m pretty sure you think that as well. ‘Ah, I wish I had a mother, even though she probably doesn’t want me around her.’ ‘Ah, I wish she was less of a so I’d love her freely without judging myself for my love that she doesn’t deserve.’”

Sehun found his mouth slowly become slack, his eyes growing wide. How did she know how he was thinking? It only meant that she had also been thinking in the same way he had been thinking all these years. But she had been living all of her life - or most of it - with that woman. Had she felt like that despite being with the woman he had ached days and nights to meet her? Was she truly as horrible as Hana thought her of? But Sehun didn’t know what the woman did to Hana, the girl never liked to share. He didn’t think it was very horrible since Hana came unscathed, but what if it was?

“You and I were screwed over by her, Sehun,” Hana mumbled, breaking him out of the shallow pit he just fell into. “But I’m not going to judge you for loving her. Heck, I still do to.”

“What did she do to you?” Sehun asked, quickly; unable to contain his burning curiosity or the buzzing, unanswered questions swimming in his consciousness. Hana didn’t flinch, or withdrew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter