010: Be my Girlfriend

There’s Magic in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Omfg I’m SUPER late! why do I always get so late when updating this story? why DOES MY EXAMS ALWAYS INTERCEPT WITH MY TIME OF WRITING THIS FIC!!!

I am sorry! I have more exams by Dec so I’m not exactly free. I wrote this chapter in three days as I tried to squeeze my juices around to make this chapter through assigments, exams and stuff. damn, college teachers don’t joke and they don’t have mercy on you

:(

Anyway, this chapter is, welp, could make you feel torn? you can already tell by the title that it will be troubling XD

I know I haven’t been available lately to reply to your comments but I Promise I will this time since it is friday, I have free time today!

“Um, what is that supposed to remind me of?”

I finally open my mouth to say, after that mind-blowing kiss that I wasn’t going to think about, not when he was here, a few inches away; staring at me. I was a master at disguise in most times and I was going to use my mastery to my advantage. Like pretending it was totally natural to be kissed by him (only if, of course, everything else in me helped me through, like my beating heart, for instance).

He didn’t even let me go, which was annoying; because I could feel every inch of his body like this, while I sat on his lap, his arms around me with ferocious strength like I was being caged. He was oozing with heat, it wasn’t something new about werewolves. I usually didn’t find their warmth to be disclosing; irritating in a way, but I found his to be, now while I sat on him. Maybe because it was smothering. Or maybe because it made feel things that were.. unnatural.

I turned my head around, looking away from him, and tried to stand, but he squeezed me more into him, desperation in that gesture of his that made me whip my head back at him, scowling to hide the crimson flushing in my neck.

“So,” He started, and I scowled more. “you’re saying this kiss between us reminded you of nothing at all?”

“Maybe you should give me a hint?” I didn’t like the clear twinkling of amusement in his brown eyes, nor did I like the way he constantly tried to bite that smile of his away. Was I being mocked, or did he truly find sheer joy in me? I didn’t want that question to be answered. “I don’t think..” I shook my head to clear my head. “I don’t think I have ever been the type of person to exchange such intimacy with someone and then.. forget about it.”

“I believe you are exactly that, considering you just did.” He cheekily replied back, now finally plastering his smile full on his face. I rolled my eyes.

“Okay. Let me think this through.” I mumbled, thinking out loud. I spread open the fingers of one hand and started to count on them diligently. I could feel the tapping of his own fingers on my hip but I deliberately ignored it. “My mother and I traveled around a lot, so I have a lot of scattered memories about different places and different people in my head.” He hummed in response, and I felt him stretching one leg forward, my whole body moving with him. Why was he so comfortable with our.. awkwardly intimate position? “That is also a main reason to make me believe I didn’t have such experience with someone, considering it takes time to make relationship with boys. That is what you’re trying to hint at, right? That we kissed like this a lot, which means you and I had a relationship?”

I paused to pay attention to his non-wavering facial features, but I could read nothing; for he kept smiling and looking highly amused. I felt the corner of my lips dip downward, and I continued to speak. “But I can’t remember you, so you’re either lying to me and were merely searching for a reason to kiss me - which I don’t understand the hidden causes for wanting to do such a thing - or there’s something you’re not telling me.”

“Wow,” He instantly said, showing an over exaggerated reaction of awe and shock. “You really thought this through.”

“You kinda tend to zone out to think about things when you’re being harassed.” I retaliated, stressing on my words and then looking at the position of his arms around me, raising my eyebrows soon after.

“I didn’t harass you.” He rolled his eyes, still smiling, and with a sudden yank, brought me even closer; until I was held up in his personal space, his nose grazing mine. I scowled, tracing the fragile lines of pure golden that appeared and disappeared in his eyes with mine. “I held you close to see if you were uncomfortable and you weren’t. You didn’t push me away.”

“I was curious about what you were going to do, I admit of it; and I considered you’d initiate intimacy, I also admit of that,” I said, breaking up his arms around me and getting ready to stand up. He let me, this time. “But I was uncomfortable still through it out and you couldn’t catch on to my signs of discomfort.”

“You have a smart mouth and you know how to use it, right?” He mumbled, leaning his back against the couch and watching me stand up to leave. I even fixed my clothes, dusting my bum as if I sat on dirt. He watched all of that silently, a familiar smirk of highlighted amusement lighting up his face. “Anyway, I didn’t harass you. We used to do these things a lot.”

“I don’t remember you.” I stated firmly; twirling around to face him and crossing my arms. It should be a known fact that you shouldn’t treat the person you used to know with the same liberty they knew you with if you can’t be remembered. Shouldn’t he know that? For a soon to be Alpha, he failed the easiest of challenges: making people comfortable around him.

“Yeah, I do understand why you wouldn’t,” He foxed his legs on the couch, now that I wasn’t sitting on him, and turned around to face me. I didn’t push or refuse the eye-contact he gave me. “but I recognized you the minute you were introduced to me by Sehun. Some puzzled pieces came together with you inside my head.”

“Now you’re causing me terror.” I pretended to shudder. “Tell me what the heck does your words indicate.”

“Fine, I will. I knew you when you were small,” He quickly said, and I listened with perked ears. “Proximately when you were six years old. I don’t remember much, or I I didn’t before, but I remembered a lot more when I saw you. You were like a trigger, in a sense.”

“But I don’t remember anything from my childhood considering you.”

“I can understand that,” Now he was standing up from the couch to mimic my stance, his ankles crossed and his arms interwined. I watched him with a slight furrow to my eyebrows, suspicion lighting my eyes up. “Wolves have sharper memories and we don’t forget things that connect to our sense of smell, and believe it or not; my nose recognized your scent instantly, even if it matured considerably. I did hope the kiss could trigger your memories, but alas, it didn’t. I’m disappointed.”

I didn’t reply, for I was trying to digest all of what he said. He did look disappointed, genuinely, despite the humor in his tone, and his eyes held an air of ancient sadness when they looked down at me, sadness that didn’t exactly fit with his personality, his presence, and his marvelous strength. But from what I knew of him, he was a lonely child. It didn’t matter the amount of people that surrounded him, when you don’t have parents; you happen to have these flickers of sadness falling on you from now and then.

I didn’t want to pity him, because what does pity ever do? But I couldn’t stop my lips from saying an apology, for what exactly, I’m not sure; but it was for more than one thing.

“Sorry.”

Like his loneliness, maybe, or the fact I couldn’t remember him and how it affected a slight part of him; whether he wanted to show it or not. The greatest failure you could do against a mage is hiding things away from her.

“Why are you saying sorry?” He asked wondrously, and I sighed.

“I don’t know. You seem genuinely disappointed, which only means you thought of me deeply.”

It wasn’t like I wanted to admit I noticed his disappointment with my cluelessness, but I did anyway, and his eyes flickered with a small color of bronze shade that quickly flushed away. My words made something in him waver and whether he admitted it or not, I saw it clearly. I didn’t need to point that out anyway, so I didn’t say anything; and neither did he, until I decided to break our eye-contact; looking at everything around him aside his soul- eyes, the same pair that always failed to hide his sealed emotions.

“When you told me you were a witch,” Baekhyun suddenly spoke, startling me out of my mental inquiries. I payed attention to him. “I was a bit overwhelmed, and I thought it could be used to make you remember. Can you make yourself remember?”

“Practicing magic is dangerous in itself because it takes energy from natural forces of the world; and practicing it on myself is even more so. I don’t do that.”

“That’s fine.”

He shook his head, giving me a gentle smile that I did think would be a bit waned, but it wasn’t. It was incredibly gentle, non-Baekhyun-like, soothing, and it affected me, it truly did. It made him look ten years younger, like the true eighteen years old that he truly was, the black locks of his hair falling past his brows and tickling his eyes magnified his youth. His hair was too long, too bushy, too soft. He needed a hair cut, my head provided, he needed to be taken care of. Will I do it? No, but something in me said yes, I wanted to take care of him; the thought was special, I didn’t mind it, unlike everything else that I minded. My magic inside me hummed in reply at the thought, agreeing, liking the idea, and reacting to it.

What was he making of me?

I shook my head to degrade these thoughts off, and focused on things that I should give more importance to than him, like the fact he knew who I was when I was six.

“So we used to kiss when we were six?” I asked, pursing my lips. “How?”

I lived here in my childhood, in this place. I was born here too, which would be obvious because the forest had welcomed me back, her ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter