012: Golden-eyed

There’s Magic in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

U N E D I T T E D.

I was full aware of the burning heat from behind me that flushed over my body slowly, following the lazy movement of Baekhyun’s body.

We were heading back home after our.. talk in his penthouse, and I didn’t understand why he didn’t walk beside me. I wouldn’t have pushed him away. But maybe since I hadn’t given him a clear response to all of his confession, he thought of it as a rejection in some sort; although it wasn’t. I did ask him for his blood all of a sudden though, so I understood where his reluctance came from. It appeared as if I was changing the subject, which I was, but not for the same reasons he thought of.

I felt a slight, hesitant touch to my fingers, and I instantly snapped my head down to catch his nimble, beautifully intricate hand trying to sneak its way over to mine; his fingers touching mine in feathery, soft touches. My heart started to pace right away in reaction, and my magic hummed loosely.

Right away, I pulled my hand away and crossed my arms over my chest, clearing my throat. I always did this, whether consciously or not. I always pulled away from affection and the taste of it. Maybe because I’m not used to it, and a part of me was scared of getting used to it only to be ripped away from me. Maybe because his touch was tender, unlike his gruff personality; and it surprised me a lot, considering I didn’t know how to act around him when he was being this soft. I felt his body heat withdrawing a little from behind me, which meant he had taken a few steps backwards. My heart ached a little.

“Are you not going to ask me about it?” I cleared my throat, taking the same hand he had intended to hold and brushing my bangs away from my face with it, ignoring the shaking state it was in, and hoping Baekhyun would not be able to sense it.

“Do you want me to ask you about it?” I heard him say, coming closer to me until he was finally walking alongside me, instead of back, back away. I offered him a tiny glimpse, catching the sun reflecting over his black hair, giving it a shine that shouldn’t look as beautiful as it was; and catching the small twist to his lips downward.

“Whatever,” I shrugged, or tried to do it without alerting him of the shudder that went over my body at his proximity and his beauty. “I mean it’s your choice. But the normal thing to respond with is ‘What the heck do you want to do with my blood?’”

“You witches use a lot of weird to do your spells and stuff,” He shrugged his shoulders himself, waving a disinterested hand. “Asking for my blood is something I expected from you, to be honest.”

Why was he acting like it was such a normal thing of mages to do? Is it because of his lack of knowledge about mages? Considering he said he never met one before? Maybe. He seemed like the type of person to watch a lot of mythological series or cartoons and then believe what came in them. Mages, for real, do not use such things when using spells as much as TV shows we do. But as long as he believed that, then it’s fine, right? It meant he wouldn’t have to ask questions I wouldn’t know how to answer. Although something in me abhorred the idea a lot. What if he found out about what I’d do with his blood - which he’d, sooner or later, and grew upset? I didn’t have an answer to that.

“Besides, I trust you.”

Oh, God. Don’t say things like this, Baekhyun, now I would feel double the guilt I already feel for hiding things from you. My body relaxed in my walk but it wasn’t even because I was glad of his trust towards me, but because I didn’t know what to do.

He obviously didn’t deserve what I was doing to him. He seemed really genuine, and he seemed like he was willing to put much needed effort to have a nice relationship with me, whether that relationship is deep or not, and I was hiding things from him. Considering I was going to take some of his blood, the least he deserved was knowing what I’d do with it.

With sudden determination that devoured me, I decided I’d tell him, sooner before later. Maybe not now since it wasn’t the greatest of times, but I would, before doing anything with his blood. The least I needed was his permission, and if he didn’t want to give it to me, then.. that’s fine. I was not going to force him.

I felt his fingers once again brush over my fingers and I flinched away, blinking my eyes. When did I even pull my arms away from my chest and when did I drag them down at my sides? I looked at Baekhyun with increased heartbeats, seeing his eyebrows hanging up on his forehead, watching me as well.

“Are you really that scared of me holding your hand?”

“Yeah.” I whispered right away, fiddling with my fingers and wishing the tinkling sensation that he mad spread there to disappear, not because it was disgusting but because I didn’t know how to swallow it smoothly without combusting or something.

“Wow.” He gave out sarcastically. “Why?”

“I’m not used to it, that’s all.” I said truthfully, dropping my hands back to my sides and contemplating whether I wanted them to be held again by him or not. I’d probably flinch away again or something, but a part of me wanted him to try again, maybe I’d change my mind.

“Let me get you to get used to it; yeah?” He murmured soothingly, reaching for my hand and instead of initiating his hand-holding with his soft brushes, he entirely wrapped his hand around mine and squeezed. Then, he pulled me towards him, until our shoulders touched. The already increasing thumping of my heart started to multiply. His hand was soft and warm and I hoped, from the deepest part of my soul, that my palm won’t sweat. That would be a hassle to deal with.

“Do you really wanna hold my hand this much?” I managed to blurt without clearing my throat, because clearing one’s throat is the main sign of nervousness, and the last thing I wanted to show was anxiety, whether I truly felt it or not.

“I made a bond with you, you didn’t push away and leniently accepted it.” Baekhyun muttered matter-of-factually. He gave my hand another squeeze and I forced my eyes away from the synchronized movements of our legs walking ahead to look at him. “It means we’re now in a relationship, werewolf standards.”

“What about human standards?” I narrowed my eyes at him, and he dared to give me a pretty smile. “I’m pretty sure this is not appropriate to them.”

“Sweetheart,” his teeth continued to shine through his smile and I didn’t know how he kept them so clean and vibrating when he had a nasty habit of smoking. “You’re not human and neither am I. Why should we apply to their rules?”

Well, I was human, organ-wise, and I smelled like one too. But I really wasn’t, not deeply. I was a mage first, and a human second.

“They have some pretty cute rules.” I mumbled distractedly, eyeing the road right ahead, and unconsciously feeling his knuckles with the tips of my fingers wrapped around his. I wished I could hear his heartbeats, so that I’d know if my actions had the same effect to him than how his had to me.

“Hold on, wait a second,” He shook his head a little nervously, eyeing me like I’m foreign. “Is this some sort of a hidden hint that you girls like to do? Because I at this game.”

“For an Alpha to be, you at a lot of things.” I mumbled once again, allowing my lips to tick upwards in amusement at the sheer panic in his tone. Wow, he surely at this being an Alpha .

“Hana, really.” He nervously squeezed my hand and I turned to him with an evil smile lighting up my face. His lips were drawn downward and his whole gesture screamed anxiousness. It was funny how he easily reacted like this when I didn’t even mean anything about my words. “Tell me straight to my face what you want me to do. You didn’t push the bond and I’m pretty sure you don’t think about doing it anytime soon. We’re basically together, but if there’s something you wish me to say, or do, I’ll do it.”

“Well, Okay. Let me see.”

I let out a responsive hum and a small smile at the pensive, yet nervous look lighting up his face. My decision and my long prologued silence taking a toll on his body; making him think of things that weren’t true to begin with. I could easily read him now, when he stripped himself raw for me, and I could catch a bit of his chaotic thoughts. He was cute.

“I just want to tell you that what you did at your penthouse was inappropriate,” I suddenly remembered, “And I don’t ever want you to say things like that again.”

“...what..” He wondrously mumbled, trying to recall what I was talking about. I rolled my eyes.

“When you asked if you should kiss me more just so I’d remember? That was an -y move. I’ll punch you in your if you said it again; or if you said something similar. I’d not let you make use of me, you understand?”

“Yes, Ma’am!” He raised his free hand in mock salute and a serious expression on. But he was fighting for a smile and I was fighting for one either. I didn’t even know why I was so worried about having a relationship with a werewolf, they were not all the same and they were not like the playthings my Mom brought home. Baekhyun was different. My dad was different. Sehun was different, and even Suho was, they all were.

“What else?” I pensively hummed, trying to juggle my head for any ideas and thoughts. I felt him tighten his hand around mine in response. “Right. I demand to be respected.” Werewolves don’t ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter