Chapter Eight

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   E  i  g  h  t .

M  i     H  o

I sit to catch my breath and set Sejoon down. I got too worked up and left Baekhyun alone back there! Is that too strange?

"Mi Ho." The door opens as Sehun enters. He looks at Sejoon and smiled. "Joon, here you go, you can eat that while I prepare the dinner okay? It looks like your Mom brought beef so we're going to have that today."

"Mm!" Sejoon answered taking the snack that Sehun hands him. After he's gone to his room, Sehun looks at me and I know what that look is.

"It's not what you think okay? He just took me home because I had a lot to carry."

"And you're out shopping together?"

"A lot has happened and Chanyeol's not around okay?"

"Hm..." He seems to understand when I mentioned Chanyeol's name. He still trusts him so much huh? We take the goods out of the bag and I wait for him to talk but he's not. Is he that mad?

"Sehun?"

"Yes?"

"Are you upset?"

"I wonder." Such a short reply! I flinch when he looks at me and approached me. "But that quite hurt. You know how I feel about you yet you look like you're having fun with him after how many times you've rejected me."

"Wait, that's-"

"I've asked this many times but," he turns to me stopping what he is doing. "Mi Ho, you, do you still feel the same about him?" With his sudden question, I'm left dumbfounded not knowing the right words. Sehun's always with me and the last thing that I wanted to do is to hurt him. I felt something warm on my shoulder and I realize he is resting his head on it as he holds me. "You can't. I'm begging you. Please just like me. I don't want to see you hurt like that again."

My heart aches after hearing what he said just now. I've forgotten all about it while I am with Baekhyun. The reason why things have turned out this way. I hugged him back nodding. "I didn't. I won't forget our promise too, I'll quit after a year Sehun."

»« »« »«

“Team Building?”

“Mm! I am currently making a list of who will attend it. Apparently, all the HR team will be going. Mr. Park will come to so I am asking you if you could go. It will be this Saturday.”

“Oh...” I pondered for a moment and think of the odds if I go to this trip. It’s on a weekend which is the only time that I get to be with Sejoon alone for the whole day. If I go, I won’t be able to spend time with him. And I promised him that I’ll take him somewhere if I get the chance to do so. “Sorry Ms. Yoon, I don’t think I’ll be able to go. I promised to take my son somewhere this weekend.”

“Aw, but we would like you to go.”

“I’m sorry.” I smile and she sighs.

“It’s hard isn’t it? Being the only parent.”

“It is but it’s not that bad. I get to have a wonderful kid after all.” She smiles and hugs me.

“You’re such a good person Mi Ho.” I smile. I hear a knock on the door and saw Chanyeol.

“Chan!”

“I heard what you’re talking about, though I didn’t mean it.”

I chuckle. “It’s fine.”

“Do all of the team hate kids or the opposite?” He asks Ms. Yoon as he sips on his coffee.

“Oh! We love kids! I have two nieces Mr. Park! And Ms. Jung is a mother herself while Mr. Kim is expecting a kid too so I guess there’s no one that hate kids.” I smile nodding.

“They’re such angels aren’t they?” I add.

“Then take Sejoon with you. Consider it as a trip. It’s just us anyway. We’re going there to have fun.”

“E..Eh?!”

“That’s right! I don’t think anyone would mind Mi Ho and we would really like you to come!!”

“But-“ by how Ms. Yoon looked at me, it’s so hard to resist. She’s been here for me whenever I needed help. I sigh in defeat. “Then if it’s fine with you, I guess we’ll go if Sejoon agrees to it.”

She smiles in joy. “Oh don’t worry about that! Kids love trips!! Then I’ll consider you going! I’ll get these printed then!!”

She disappears in excitement. I face Chanyeol smiling. “Thank you, but you didn’t have to do that.”

He smiles patting me in my head. “Don’t worry about it. I bet you haven’t gone in a trip ever since you give birth to him right?”

I laugh nodding. “Yeah, I’ve been so busy with part time jobs and all. I have a kid after all.”

“That’s why you should go. I can look after Sejoon while you are with the team.”

“Oh, but that’s not necessary-“ he flicks my forehead so I wince in pain. “Ow..”

“You still haven’t change, not depending on others. You have to learn that Mi Ho. You can’t do everything alone.”

I chuckle. “You’re talking like Oppa right now.”

“That’s because it’s only a natural thing to say.” He pats my shoulder before he leaves. Thank you Chan.

»« »« »«

"Trip?"

"Mm. Mommy is invited in one and I want to ask if you want to come too. So? How about it Sejoon?"

"Will we play on pools and playgrounds?" He gestured how big the pool is and I chuckle nodding.

"I guess so. It's a water park so I guess we can." A bright smile arises on his face and nods.

"I'll go Mommy!!!" I smile nodding.

"Alright then." A knock on the door came. We both looks as to who it was and we saw Sehun. “Oh, welcome back!”

“It’s unusual for you to go home early.” He says and carries Sejoon. “What’s the talk all about?”

“Oh, I was invited on a company outing and they said that I can bring Sejoon with me so I asked if he wants to go this weekend.” I can see doubt in his face and I know what he’s thinking. If Baekhyun will be there. “He won’t be there. It’s just the people I work with and Chan.”

I can see relief appear in his face and sets Sejoon down. “Will you be fine?” I know what he’s talking about and Sehun has always been thoughtful for me. I smile at him nodding. He smiles back giving me a pat in my head. “Alright then. I’ll take you both at the day of the trip then.”

»« »« »«

This is my first trip with Sejoon and I don’t actually know what you do in trips since I haven’t gone in one for a long time. I’m nervous because this is also the first time that I’ll be introducing my kid to them so I wonder if it’ll go well. I felt a hand on mine as Sehun looks at me. “We’re here. You alright?”

I sigh calming myself down. “Yes, I think so.”

He chuckles ruffling my hair. “It’ll be fine because it’s you. Just have fun with Sejoon since it’s your first trip.” I nod. “After this, let’s go on a trip with just the three of us.”

“Really?! We can go?” Sejoon asks.

“Yep! You decide where next time okay?”

“Sure! When Mommy and I come back I will tell you where to go!” I laugh pinching his cheeks. God can’t he get any cuter?

“They’re here. I’ll help you with your bags.” I nod and we get off the car. Sehun takes our luggage and I take Sejoon off from the back seat. He walks us at the bus and I saw the others. Chanyeol waves and approached us.

“You’re here too? I thought Sejoon will only go.” He said to Sehun.

“Even I want to go Mi Ho told me not to.” I chuckle nodding.

“That’s tragic.” He takes our bags and Sehun hands it to him. “I’ll take care of them for you don’t worry.”

“Mm. Thanks Hyung.” Sehun lowers to Sejoon and ruffles his hair. “Don’t be too much of a kid okay? I’m not there so be a good guy. What do we say?”

“I’ll be the guy if Uncle’s not with us! I will take care of Mommy when she’s scared!”

I eye them both. “When did that happen? That’s the first time I heard of it.”

“Guys don’t expose their secrets.” Sehun says standing on his feet. He takes a step closer and kisses my forehead. I flush in surprise and he smiles. “I’ll never get tired of that reaction.”

“D..Don’t just do it out of the blue! Geez...”

He chuckles. “Be careful okay? Call me when you get there.”

I nod. “Mm. You too.”

Chanyeol escorts us to the bus when I saw the girls looking at us when we get up. “Oh, um hello everyone! Sejoon, greet them.”

“Hello! I am Kim Sejoon three years old and turning four nect next week!” I chuckle.

“Oh my god! What a cutie! And you got a hot boyfriend too!” Ms. Yoon said.

“Oh we’re not like that-“

“Oh no Mi Ho! Don’t deny it! We saw everything! It was such a scene! And your guy’s so sweet!! What’s his name?”

“S..Sehun.” I reply.

“Even his name tells everything about him! I bet you would be happy if he becomes your Dad won’t you little boy?”

“Mommy told me that Daddy is just busy that’s why he can’t see us yet. I already have one so I don’t need uncle to be my Dad.” Sejoon replied. I feel the air has gone cold and I laugh it off.

“Enough of that. We are about to depart.” Chanyeol cuts. “Just take your seats there.”

“Mm. Thanks.” I set Sejoon down on the seat. He told me that he want the window seat so I let him. I’m glad the atmosphere has returned though but I’m still left with what Sejoon said earlier. I told him that because I don’t want him to be sad while not knowing about his father but I wonder if I still let him hanging...

»« »« »«

“Wow!!!” I laugh watching Sejoon as he runs around the water park. “Mommy it’s so nice here!!”

I nod. “Just don’t run too much okay? You’ll trip.”

“Alrighttt!” I watch him as he explores. Ms. Yoon approached me handing me a drink.

“I’m glad he’s enjoying. I wonder if we said something bad earlier to him.”

I smile shaking my head no. “It’s alright, we get that all the time so Sejoon’s fine with it Ms. Yoon.”

“Oh stop that! Just call me Hye Joon okay?”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course!”

“Alright then Hye Joon.” She smiles and we continue watching Sejoon.

“Is it too much if I ask you where his Dad is?” I grip the bottle that I am holding. I know this question will come up if they know about Sejoon but I laugh it off.

“Things are complicated which is why I can’t talk about it with Sejoon yet. I’m still figuring things myself too and I want to fix myself first before telling Sejoon all about it.”

I felt a hand on top of mine and saw Hye Joon smiling at me warmly. “You had a hard time didn’t you? But you’ll go through it Mi Ho. I mean you raised a kid, you can get through anything with Sejoon.” Things like this always make me tear up because I did have a hard time. Everything was hard until Sejoon came. Hye Joon pulls me to her and hugs me as I cry. “You did well. Just know that I am here for you okay? I’m your friend.”

“Thank you.” I hear my phone ring so I excused myself. It’s a call from Sehun. “Hey.”

“Is everything well over there?” I chuckle.

“Sehun, we just parted for five hours. Everything’s well.”

“Can you blame me? I miss you guys already.” I laugh. “I’m having lunch alone on a weekend.”

“I already cooked you lunch and dinner for feeling bad for leaving you.”

“I know and it’s not that delicious because I am eating it alone.”

“You said alone twice already. Stop making me feel even more guilty about it.” He laughs.

“I’m joking. I just hope you guys will have fun.”

I smile. “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.”

“Yes but,” he pauses for a while and I think he’s hesitant to tell me something but I wait for him until he does. “I just watched the weather forecast. There’s a seventy percent chance of rain.”

I felt my body freeze for a moment after hearing what he said but I don’t want him to worry. I want to be strong myself too. “There’s still the thirty percent chance. It will not ruin our day.”

“Yes, I hope so too. Chanyeol knows about it so if anything happens-“

“Nothing will happen.”

“Mi Ho.”

“It will be fine. I just know it.”

I hear him sigh over the other line. “Alright, but please please call me if anything happens okay?”

“Mm. Thank you.” He hangs up and I look up and the sky. It’s cloudy but still not dark. I am clinging on the thirty percent chance that I have. It will not ruin this trip that I have with Sejoon. We will surely have fun.

»« »« »«

After we finished playing on the water park, we decided to go back to our lodge to change our clothes so that we can eat barbecue already for lunch. We have prepared a lot of food with us after all. We all stop when we see a luggage at the living room.

“Is somebody coming late today?” Hye Joon asks.

“Not that I am informed of.” Kei replied.

“Took you long enough! I’m starving already- Oh! That kid is here too?!”

“M..Mr. Byun!” “Oh, it’s the car ahjussi.” Sejoon and I said in unison. I gasp in surprise after seeing him come out from the kitchen as he points at Sejoon. The front door slams open and came Chanyeol who’s chasing his breath.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” He exclaimed at Baekhyun. Oh, so he’s on friend mode today because this is not a formal place for him to play his role huh?

“What else? My employees are on a trip so I should be here too right?”

“W..What?”


UPDATEEE! I have so much fluff feels for this chapter <3 don’t you agreee? Haha! I hope you all liked it! 

 

- Cheonsabyul <3