Chapter Three

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T h r e e .

B a e k h y u n  

“You worked her hard too much Mr. Byun. She got blisters from what you made her do.” I ignore Chanyeol’s blabbering from earlier. I will not be affected. I hired her to torture her so it’s just right for her to experience that right? I mean-

“Ah...” I see Mi Ho stop on her tracks outside and places the files down as she checks on her foot. Did I... went too far? I mentally slap myself. Why am I going soft now? I made it this far and seeing Mi Ho won’t change anything. I stand after finishing my work and stop at her desk. She stands when she sees my presence and bowed.

“Are you leaving now Mr. Byun?”

“Of course.” I reply eyeing her desk. As expected of her, she finished hers already. She’s not Kim Mi Ho for nothing. Her working hard doesn’t change a bit. She’s like this back then in high school. She doesn’t fail an exam and just aced all of it which is why she’s the highest in our level and I just got second after her. “Did you finish what I ask of you?”

“Yes, I have already familiarized myself with the members of the boards and the records for the last three months.” She smiles and it irritates me. She’s excited to go home looking at how her things are packed in an instant.

“How about the records that I ask you to look at?”

“I have sent them to your email Mr. Byun.”

“My schedule for tomorrow?”

“I just finished it. Would you like to see it?” Damn she’s too good. Is it because of that kid?

“No need. I’ll see it tomorrow. I’ll be going then.”

“Please be careful on your way home!” I ignore her and make my way out. I see Chanyeol waiting for me with the car and opens the door for me.

“You’re awfully early today.” I say making my way in.

“It is the start of the week. Might as well end it well Mr. Byun.” He replied. I lean on the seat and the pharmacy catches my attention but I shut the thought out. Let’s just go home. “Is something wrong?” He asks.

“Hold up. I left something.”

“Should I get it for you?”

“No. I can do it myself.” I leave the car and headed back to the building. “Give me one of that.” I point at the pack of bandages.

“That’ll be-“

I slide bill and shake my head. “You can take the change.”

I make my way out and headed to the other exit. I can’t believe I’m doing this. It’s just stupid. It’s just a simple blister but it bugs the hell out of me. “Ah, there she is-“ I stop on my tracks seeing Sehun from afar. I scoff and place the bandage in my pocket.

“You never learn do you?” I mumble to myself. Sehun takes her heel and removes it for her.

“I..I can do it myself!” Mi Ho exclaimed and he chuckles.

“What’s with you today? You’re acting all weird-“ he catches my stare and freezes. He doesn’t like it but the feeling’s mutual. I do not like his presence either. “Hyung.”

He stands and Mi Ho gasps turning. “M..Mr. Byun!”

“What?” Sehun looks at her then to me.

“If you wish to flirt all the way do it outside my building will you? Oh and Ms. Kim.”

“Y..Yes?”

“I need my schedule right now.”

“E..Eh? But you said-”

“Is that a problem?”

“No sir. I will get it now!” She replied and faces Sehun back. “You have to go back without me.”

“What?”

“He’s waiting. Please pick him up for me okay?”

“Mi Ho!” I scoff. Mi Ho? Did he just call her Mi Ho? Mi Ho shakes her head and smiles.

“Please? He’s been waiting for the whole day already and you’re presence just lighten him up. So please?”

Sehun sighs in defeat and nodded. He looks at me before he leaves but I don’t even care about that. Are they talking about the kid that I saw with her the other day?

»« »« »«

T h r e e  d a y s  a g o . 

“We’re not even a third world country. What’s with the hold up?” I lean my head on the seat as I calm myself down. I am not a fan of waiting which is why this traffic is pissing me off.

“It’s Monday which is why.” Chanyeol replied. I sigh and look outside and sit up. Is it her? “What are you looking- Is that-“

“Mi Ho.” I utter. My heart flutters at the sight. She’s doing well. How can she doing well after she left me? I lower the window to take a better look at her. She cut her hair. It’s not below her waist anymore, just below her shoulders.

“Mommy, my feet hurt..”

“Is that so? Then I’ll carry you.” She grabs the kid to her arms and smiles at him. She has a child... now? “Does it still hurt?”

The boy chuckles shaking his head. “You’re asking Mom to carry you again huh?” I stop at the familiar figure.

“Stop the car.” I say and Chanyeol pulls over to the side. Why is Sehun with them?

“I’ll carry him. You’ll exhaust yourself.” He takes the boy from Mi Ho and she nods.

“Thank you.”

I ball my fist in anger. “So she left me for this?”

“Baekhyun, that’s-“

“Turn the car. I’m going back to my house.”

“Alright.” When we arrive home I feel my head spinning in anger. I grab something and threw it on the wall. “Baekhyun.”

“I’ve been looking for her quite a while now since she left me three years ago and I am going to see this? She’s with another guy much less they have a child?!”

“That’s...” I face Chanyeol and scoff.

“You knew don’t you?”

“It’s not what you think-“

“NOT WHAT I THINK?! WHAT THE DO YOU THINK THAT IS?! SHE LEFT ME FOR THAT GUY! AND SEHUN?! SHE LEFT ME!!” I grab the vase and threw it again. It’s still not enough to calm me down. I felt something on my hand. Blood.

“Stop already.” Chanyeol grabs me and I push him away.

“You knew and you didn’t tell me...”

“It was for the best.”

“The best?” I laugh. “How do you know what’s best?!”

“People do things for a reason especially if it’s for the people that they cherish.” I turn seeing my sister come in. “Wow, quite a sight here.”

“Lady Seulgi.” Chanyeol greeted.

“Leave us.” He nods and leaves the room.

“What do you know?”

“I know a lot. Why Chanyeol did that and why she did that.” She sits on the couch brushing off the shards from the vase with the pillow.

“You knew too? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Why should I? I keep secrets not spill them. But I can tell you one thing.” She stares straight at me with her arms crossed. “Why don’t you keep Mi Ho close now if you wanted to find out?”

“Keep her close?”

She nods. “For example, hiring her? Your secretary just quit didn’t she? Mi Ho would be perfect for the job.”

I scoff. “I would hire the person who just betrayed me. What a joke.”

“I’m just telling you. It’s not like everything’s too late.” She stands and calls for Chanyeol again. “Chan.”

“Yes.”

“Clean this place up will you? And listen to what he’s going to say next. I’ll see you later then Oppa.” She leaves the place leaving me and Chanyeol behind.

I sigh sitting on the dining chair. “We should get that treated first.” Chanyeol returns with the first aid kit on hand and grabs my left hand wiping the blood of it.

“Chanyeol.”

“Yes?”

“Find out if Mi Ho has a job and report it to me.”

»« »« »«

“Mr. Byun!” I flinch and look at Mi Ho in front of me. She’s holding out a folder in front of me. “Are you okay? I’ve been calling you for a few times. Perhaps you don’t feel good?”

“No, I’m fine.” She smiles and sighs.

“That’s fine then. I have your schedule right here as you asked.”

“My what?”

She her head to the side confused. She’s still cute when she does that. “Did you not ask this?”

“Oh, yeah I did.”

“Then, I shall you to your car.”

“Do as you wish.” I reply and she walks behind me. I saw her reflection at the glass. She’s hurting because of her feet. We reach the car and I stop in front of Chanyeol.

“Give this to her.” He takes the pack of bandage and stares at me. “What?”

“You bought this, shouldn’t you give it yourself?”

“Are you ordering me to do something?” He smiles.

“Of course not sir. I am merely asking.” I enter the car and he shuts it close. I watch him as he hand the bandage to Mi Ho.

“Oh, thank you Chan! I needed this since I used all of the bandages what you gave me earlier!”

“Oh but that’s-“

“I’ll use it well then! See you tomorrow!”

“Mi Ho?” He calls and sighs in defeat as he enters the driver’s seat. I eye him and he chuckles.

“I am sure you are informed of what giving credit is like aren’t you?” I say.

“You would’ve got that if you gave it to her yourself.” He laughs and started driving.


UPDATE! Baek's cute jealousy is attractive indeed haha! I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the chapters ^^ 

- Cheonsabyul