Chapter Twelve

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T w e l v e .

S  e  h  u  n

I watch as her hand slips through mine. Ah, I let her go again. Mi Ho chose him over me again. The car leaves and I am left with nothing. I felt a pat on my head when I look up, there’s Chanyeol hyung smiling at me. “Let’s go. We have to protect Mi Ho after all.”

I sigh and smiled back. “Yeah. You’re right.” I enter the car and watch the trees that we pass by one by one. I start to remember the past when I first met Mi Ho.

»« »« »«

E i g h t    y e a r s   a g o .

He’s grinning the whole time and I can’t help but to be annoyed. I called him for a lot of times already but he’s not turning to me.

“HYUNG!”

“Ha? Oh, what?”

“Who are you even looking at?” I almost grabbed his phone but he shut it off and out it on his pocket.

“Nobody.” I grin. This guy must be experiencing spring. He looks at me noticing my smile. “Why are you grinning like that?”

“He’s thinking that you’re helplessly in love with a girl and that now she has come back, she misses her already and can’t wait for lunch to end.” Chanyeol hyung mumbles taking a bite on his lunch.

“That was not what I am thinking precisely but yeah, almost there. But I didn’t know that you were dating someone and that you are helplessly head over heels for her.”

Baekhyun hyung flushes. “Wh- I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT!” Him being overly defensive now just shows everything. He likes someone.

“So? What is she like?”

“I am not having this girl kind of talk. Enough! Let me read my book. I have an exam to ace.”

I chuckle. No matter what he does he’ll end up being second anyway. I hear that there’s someone in his class that’s far better than him. I don’t even know why he still tries to compete with that person anyway. My phone buzzes saying that I have a message from Sunbae. “Ugh, I hate that I am one of the youngest in our tennis club.”

“He’s asking you to get the equipments ready again for later?”

“Yeah.” I stand putting down my lunch and placed it back on the bag. “Thanks for the lunch Chan hyung! I’ll see you both later then!”

I take the stairs down and headed to the court. When I open the shed, there’s someone in there. “Come on now, I have food here. See?”

A girl?

“Oh come out now please? If you stay there it won’t do you any good.”

“What are you doing?”

“Oh my god!” She jumps in surprise and chuckles. “Oh, there’s a puppy there. I’m getting him out since it’s cramped inside.”

“Is it a boy?”

“Yes. Look.” She points at the puppy and I smile. “Can you help me get him out?”

“Sure.” She stands making way from me. I pat the puppy’s head first and it started to move out. “Out you go.” I carry it and handed to her.

“Whoa. You made it come out in a jiffy.” I chuckle and pat the puppy’s head.

“It’s not that hard.”

“Thanks! What’s your name?”

“Sehun.” I reply.

“I see. Thank you Sehun!” She smiles at me. Somehow, whenever she smiles it made me smile too. It’s like her smile is contagious. “See you then!”

“Ah, wait-“ before I even got a chance to ask her name, she disappeared. I sigh in defeat and get back to work.

»« »« »«

While unchaining my bike from the pole, I see a familiar figure. I put my bike on stand and walk to the window of the library that was open. It’s that girl from earlier and she’s sleeping. I rest my arm on the window frame and stared at her. Is she doing her assignment and slept? I chuckle. She’s cute. I hear a whimper. Looking down I saw a small box lying on the floor. I flinch when I saw it move.

“What the hell?” She flinches at my voice and opens her eyes. Sitting up, she stretches and sees me. She smiles as soon as our eyes met.

“Oh, it’s Sehun.”

“Why did you take that puppy there?” I point at the box. Suddenly, I hear someone roaming around. She gasps hearing it too and picks up the box handing it to me. “Wait! Whoa!” She jumps at the window landing in to me. Man that hurt...

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” I open my eyes finding her on top of me. The ray of the setting sun is in her face. She’s beautiful than cute. “Wha-“ she flushes when I touched her cheek.

“It’s about time you get off me now.”

“Oh right!” She fidgets in embarrassment and pats her skirt as she stands. “Are you okay?”

“Why did you have to jump too? It’s only the dog that’s not allowed in there.”

“Oh, I guess I panicked.” She laughs and I watch her do so. She’s such a gleeful person. “Sorry about that. It’s just, I saw a cat earlier and figured that he might be hurt when he sees Hundred.”

“Hundred? You named the dog after a number?”

She laughs picking Hundred up. “It just looked like someone I knew. He likes you more than me who found him. He barks at me when we meet then go soft afterwards. I find it cute.”

I chuckle. It sounds like Baekhyun hyung. He appears to be strong in personality but he’s really soft inside. “Aren’t you going home yet?”

“Nope. I’m passing time before my part time job.”

“Oh, so high school students really do part time.”

She puts Hundred down and he runs to me. “Mm. My dad just died weeks ago so my brother and I have to work to live.”

I freeze. Her Dad just died? How can she smile like that? “Sorry about that.”

She smiles again. “Don’t worry too much about it.” I hear a sound and she fishes her phone from her pocket. “Oh, that’s my cue. Can you place Hundred in a safe place? I’ll take care of her after I finish my job later. See you Sehun!”

I wave at her and watch her leave. I feel a tug on my shoe and chuckle. “Hundred, I forgot to ask her name again.”

»« »« »«

Days passed and I missed my chance to see that girl again. We’ve been busy because there’s an upcoming athletic meet and our club is quite competitive. Now that everyone’s in here, I might see her again. The different levels can be distinguished by the head bands that we are all wearing. Red for the third years, Yellow for the second years and Blue for the first years. I wear the blue one while Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung wears the red one.

“Oh! Sehun!” I turn hearing a familiar voice. It’s her! I stifle a laugh by how she greeted me. It’s like she called me by my full name. “Why are you laughing?”

“Well the way you called me sounds like you just used my full name.”

“Hm? Oh, so you’re an Oh!” She realizes what she said and we both laugh. “So you’re a first year? Then I am older than you!” She chuckles but I feel down deep inside. Why does she have to be older than me? Hold on, why am I even upset? I look at her band and it’s red.

“You’re a third year?”

“Mm. That’s sunbae for you. And I’ll be graduating in a few months!” I hate it. That she’s older than me. I don’t even know her name. “Sehun?”

“Name. What’s your name?”

She chuckles. “Oh right! I haven’t told you my name yet and we met a several times already! I’m-“

Mi Ho! Geez! I keep on calling you but you didn’t answer- Oh, Sehun.” I see Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung approaching. Mi Ho laughs. So that’s her name. Mi Ho. It suits her. Her names pretty like her. I hear her giggle. “What’s so funny dummy?”

“Ah!” Baekhyun hyung flicks her forehead but it looks like they do this often. “Listen, you just sound like you called Sehun by his full name! You just made a pun~”

“That’s funny for you?” Baekhyun hyung said.

“Why? It’s funny! Right Sehun?”

“Huh? Well-“ I am so distracted. I hate it that she’s talking so friendly with Hyung but I don’t know why. I grab her hand taking her with me. “Mi Ho, I need to talk to you.”

“Huh? Oh, sure.” We end up and the school garden. I don’t even know what to say and why I took her here. I just want that to stop. “So? What’s up?”

“Huh?”

“You took me here saying you want to tell me something.”

“Oh um... that-“ I was cut off by an announcement that all the players should assemble to their designated games. I was saved. “Well good luck on your game Mi Ho.” I pat her head and left ahead.

“Wha- hey! I’m older than you! Shouldn’t you call me Noona at least?!”

I chuckle hearing her behind. I don’t think I can call her Noona. Because I want to call the girl that I like by her name.

»« »« »«

“Good work.” Baekhyun hyung tosses me a bottle of water.

“Thanks.” I turn the lid and open it. “Oh yeah, I remember-“ I notice Baekhyun hyung looking at afar and a sudden smile appeared on his face. I look at the other end, it’s Mi Ho. She stops in front of him as she chases her breath.

“You’re slow. I told you to go here as soon as your match ended.” Hyung says.

“Sorry! I rushed here right?” She laughs. “Now then, let’s see who lost the bet!” They both hold out their medal. Mi Ho holding out a silver and Hyung holding out a gold. “Wha-“

Baekhyun hyung chuckles. “Looks like I won this time Kim Mi Ho. I’ll tell you what to do later. See you.” He pats her head and leaves. Mi Ho sighs but a smile appeared on her face even though she lost. Those look that they have, could it be-

“Sehun?” I snap of the thought when I hear her voice and realize that I’m holding her hand. “Are you okay? You look pale.”

“Mi Ho.”

“Noo-na. How many times do I have to tell you that I’m-“

“Never mind that. Can we go home together today?”

“Hm? Sure.” I stand and pat her head.

“Then I’ll see you later.”

»« »« »«

I shut my locker close after changing my clothes and run to the gate. There she is. I smile when I see her waiting for me. Mi Ho turns to me and smiles. “Did you wait long?”

“Not really. I just got here.”

“Great. Let’s go.” I take her hand and I hear her gasp. I stop and see her blushing. “What’s wrong?”

She points at my hand holding hers. “H..Hand.”

“You’ll get lost if I let you go.” She looks at me confused. My words are just as they are. I feel like I will really lose her if I let her go.

She stops holding me back. “Is something wrong?”

I smile turning to her. “Say Mi Ho, I realized I had a girl that I like.”

“Really? Do I know her?” She smiles warmly.

“Mm. You want to know?”

Sure!”

“I don’t give information for free you know?” She frowns. “What will you give me?”

“Hm.. I don’t know, is there something you want?”

Yes, for you to be mine.

“Then, help me to get a gift for her.”

She claps her hand in excitement and nods. “Sure! What shall we get for her?” She walks ahead and talks about what to buy. We end up walking in the streets of Myungdong to find a gift. She looks so happy right now. “Oh right, what is she like?”

“Huh?”

“The girl that you like! Describe her and tell me what she likes. Maybe we can find a perfect gift for her.”

“Well,” I take a glance at her. “She’s pretty and she always smiles. Whenever I see her, I feel warm inside and I feel really happy when I’m with her. About what she likes, I don’t know yet.”

“She sounds like a nice and great person.” She smiles and ruffles my hair. “Sounds like you really like her.” She chuckles.

“Yeah, I do.” She turns looking at the different stalls. She stops by one and grabs my hand.

“How about this?” She points at the necklace with a small sun pendant in it. “You told me you feel warm whenever you see her. Well, I think whenever I see the sun it makes me feel happy that I get to start another day and it just makes you feel warm inside doesn’t it?” I stare at her. Why does she get so beautiful the more I look at her? “Sehun? Do you not like it?”

I smile and ruffle her hair. “It’s not that. What you said just now is the exact way of how I feel. I’ll get this.”

She beamed with happiness and smiled. “Mm! That’s great!”

Just like that, she was so into buying the gift that it made her forget that I didn’t tell her who it is that I like.

»« »« »«

The next day, I decided that I’ll give Mi Ho this necklace. I hear the last bell so I grab my bag and headed to her room. “Great, she’s still there-“ I stop on my tracks when I see her staring at someone who’s sleeping at the seat behind her. Her smile, it’s different at how she smiles with me. She reaches at the guy’s head and pats it.

“You sleep like a log Baekhyun.”

Do you know that feeling when it’s like something heavy was thrown in you? Well I do. Mi Ho, likes Baekhyun hyung and the girl that Baekhyun hyung was dating was Mi Ho too. I felt something slip through my fingers, it’s the necklace.

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun hyung opens his eyes and rubs them. Mi Ho chuckles as she watches him do so. “Ah! It’s that time already? You should’ve told me! I can’t believe I doze off when we’re doing our report!”

“Don’t worry I finished it already. See?” She holds out the paper to Hyung. “I know I did a good job.”

A smile rises from Hyung’s lips as he pats her head. “Mm. You did well.”

I let out a laugh and turn heading back. I guess I’ll keep this necklace after all. “Ah, Sehun!” I stop but I don’t turn. I feel like it will hurt even more if I look at her. “You’re here! We’re about to go home! Let’s go together-“

“I have somewhere to go,” I finally had the courage to turn to her and forced a smile. “See you tomorrow Noona.”


UPDATE!! And the time has come for the second lead to shine again haha! This part of making a story never fails to make me feel bad for them though.. Sehun can just be a total bias wrecker sometimes you know >.< Anyways! I hope you liked this chalter and don’t forget to leave your comments okay? Thanks for the new subscribers by the way! 

 

- Cheonsabyul <3