Chapter Twenty-four

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y – f o u r .

M i   H o

“Well, that’s the last of it! It sure is fresh and pretty.”

“I’m so sorry to have you work so soon Mi Ho, it seems that my helper today can’t make it.”

I turn smiling at Sehun’s Mom. “It’s nothing really Mrs. Oh, I’ve got nothing to do today anyway. I have just to get back in time before Sejoon to leave the daycare.”

“Oh don’t worry about it dear! We’re already done anyway so you can go. I’ll look after the shop for a little while longer.”

I sit beside her after putting the flowers on display. “It’s alright, if I go there I still have to wait for an hour so I’ll stay.”

She smiles at me and holds my hand. “You really have a kind heart. And I am happy that you’re about to get married.” She looks at my finger where the ring is placed. I sigh remembering our fight earlier. That guy is just a huge ball of pride. “Is something the matter?”

“Well, Baekhyun and I actually fought earlier. But it’s nothing big.”

“Is that so? I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

I smile in agreement. “I hope so.” The bell rings signaling a customer. I stand and was about to greet them when I saw a familiar figure. “Sehun!”

“Hm? I didn’t know you’re working this early.”

I chuckle. “Well, things happened but it’s alright, I’ve got nothing to do anyway. Have a seat, I’ll get us something.”

“Alright.”

I head to the pantry and grab three tea cups then I started to make some tea. When I’m done, I was about to get back when I saw Sehun. “Oh, you don’t need to be here. I’ve got it.”

He takes the tray from me and smiled. “No can do. I’ve got it.”

“Thanks.” I smile and follow him. We take our sits and started pouring tea for both of them. “Here you go.”

“Thank you dear.” Mrs. Oh sips on the tea and gives me a warm smile. “Oh my, the tea that you make never gets old. It’s perfect.”

I chuckle. “Thanks.”

“So? I heard about the fight. Did you talk to him yet?”

I choke on the tea and set the cup down looking at Sehun in shock. “Has he been telling people that? Geez that guy! He’s really unbelievable!”

Sehun laughs. “He actually asked me for advice on it. He’s really worried because you won’t answer his calls. It’s the first time you both fought after all.”

I sigh. “It’s not like I didn’t answer it on purpose. I was busy. I was planning on calling him later. He worries too much.”

He smiles. “Well, that’s the area that I lost to him. He loves you even more than I do. He can’t afford for you to be mad at him that long which is why he’s thinking of a way for reconciliation.”

I smile. “I know. I just wish he lets me do the things that I want sometimes.”

“He just wanted to protect you dear. He almost lose you after all.” I nod in agreement but I got stuck in the thought. Maybe I did over do it. I decided to call Baekhyun but my phone rings and it read Seulgi.

“Excuse me for a while.” I stand going to the pantry to answer the call. “Hello?”

“Unnie! I’m almost finished with the dress, but I want you to come over and fit it so I can do the finishing touches.”

“That was fast.”

She chuckles. “Well, I told you I’ll be your fairy godmother for your special day didn’t I?”

I smile. “Alright.”

When Seulgi first heard about Baekhyun’s proposal, she was the most excited one and asked me if she can take care of the wedding preparations. I agreed since I have no clue about it and so is Baekhyun. Since Seulgi runs a store that makes gowns and dresses, she offered to make the dress for me and Baekhyun told her that it’s fine as long as it will fit me perfectly. I never knew that time flew so fast ever since the proposal. There’s only a week left before the wedding and I’m actually nervous about it.

“I’m sorry but Seulgi asked for me to fit the dress. I have to get going now if I want to get Sejoon on time.” I excused myself.

“I’ll go get Sejoon and bring him home.” Sehun said. “Take your time at Seulgi’s.”

“But-“

He smiles patting my head. “You spent a while being a Mom already Mi Ho. This time, you can spend your time being a woman and a bride.”

I smile back and nod. “Thank you.” By the time I get out the shop, I saw a car pull over and the window went down. “Oh? Chanyeol!”

He smiles at me opening the door. “Get in. Seulgi asked me to pick you up.”

“Huh? But what about Baekhyun?”

“He said that it’s fine since it’s for the wedding and he didn’t want Sehun to take you there.” I chuckle and got in. “Really that guy though, when it comes to you, I can say that he’s the epitome of jealousy.” I let out a laugh.

He continues driving until we get to Seulgi’s shop. “Unnie!” She smiles widely when he sees me. “And hello Chanyeol. Thank you for taking my sister-in-law here.”

“Anything if it’s for you.”

“Uh..” I can see Seulgi flush wish causes me to smile.

“Is something wrong? Are you sick? You’re getting a bit red-“

“D..Don’t touch me!” She takes a step back in embarrassment. “L..Let’s go Unnie!”

I smile. Really these two. I know that Seulgi likes Chanyeol ever since I met them but he’s just a kind of guy that doesn’t give romance a chance. He’s much of a devoted butler which is why he doesn’t see Seulgi’s feelings. But I see some development at Chanyeol these days and I just want the both of them to figure it out themselves.“I see that you still haven’t got anywhere with him.”

Seulgi flushes and pushes me inside the fitting room. “I..I already accepted that he won’t look at me that way a long time ago okay? Sheesh! Today’s all about you so let’s get you in that dress okay?!” I chuckle and put my things down. Seulgi helps me to get in the dress and then showed it to me in front of a mirror. I gasp. Is this really the dress I am going to wear? “So? Do you like it?”

I smile nodding. “It’s beautiful. But I don’t know if I’m fit for this dress-“

“OH SHUT UP!” I flinch at Seulgi’s voice. She opens the curtain. “Chanyeol! Look at this girl! Isn’t she the prettiest?! Tell me how you think!”

Chanyeol smiles and nods. He walks up to me and stares. I flush. “D..Don’t look that much.”

He chuckles nodding. “I may say, never let Baekhyun see this before the wedding. The look on his face will be so entertaining.”

“I think so too.” Seulgi adds.

I sigh. “You both really love bullying him don’t you?” They both smiled.

“You’re pretty and it fits you well Mi Ho.”

“Thanks.”

“Awww! Hold on! I have to get a photo of this! I’ll go get my phone!” I laugh at Seulgi who’s off with excitement as she searches for her phone.

I sigh. “What’s the matter?” Chanyeol asks.

“Oh, it’s nothing. It’s just, I’m not used to wearing clothes such as this since I gave birth to Sejoon. I’m not really sure if I’m confident enough to wear it.”

He smiles tugging a lock of my hair on my ear. “You’ve been a mother indeed and that’s what makes you more fit to wear it.”

“Mm..” tears starting to come out on my eyes. I’m just too happy right now..

“Uh- Wait! I didn’t say it to make you cry! Mi Ho? Hey!”

I hear a gasp seeing Seulgi return. “Wha- What did you do to her?!”

“I didn’t do anything! I just-“

“Geez! How can you make her cry?” Seulgi holds my shoulders and peers at my face. “Oh come now Unnie! I wanted to take a photo of you! Won’t you smile for me?”

I chuckle wiping my tears and nod. “I’m sorry, I was just overwhelmed. Chan didn’t do anything.”

Chanyeol clears his throat and sighs in relief. Seulgi smiles and fixes my hair for me then takes a picture. After a while, she helped me get the dress off and discussed to me how the wedding preparations are going. Oh, I didn’t realize the time! I’m sorry I got carried away!”

I smile shaking my head. “Not at all. It’s the least I can do for making you do the wedding preparations.”

She smiles and hugs me. “I’m glad that you’re getting married and to my brother at that. I’m so happy that you’re going to be my sister.”

I hug her back and nod. “Same here.”

“I hate to break the moment but, if I don’t take her home soon, the groom will be panicking and all.”

“Oh right!” I look back at Seulgi and hugged her one more time. “Thanks again Seulgi! See you!”

“Mm! Be careful you two!”


B a e k h y u n

I look at the time and it’s almost nine. “She’s late.”

“And the food that we prepared is getting cold Daddy!” I nod. Sejoon and I have been sitting at the entrance waiting for Mi Ho for a while now but she’s taking too long. Just when I swallowed my pride just to ask Sehun about Mi Ho's favorite dishes! I grab my phone and called Seulgi.

“Yes?”

“Where the hell is Mi Ho?”

“They left thirty minutes ago. Hasn’t she come back yet?”

I stand carrying Sejoon. “Thirty minutes?! Then she should be here by now! Ugh! I’m hanging up!” I dialed Chanyeol’s phone but he’s not answering. “Ugh damn it!”

“Daddy? What’s wrong?” I sigh putting Sejoon down. I can’t have him to worry now.

“It’s nothing. Wait for me at the kitchen okay?”

“Alright.”

I try Mi Ho’s number this time then it rang. “Mi Ho?!”

“Oppa! It’s me! It seems that Unnie left her phone here!”

“What the hell? Chanyeol isn’t even answering his phone!”

“Oh no, nothing has happened to them right?”

“Don’t talk like that. I’m sure they’re fine. I’m hanging up.” I dialed Sehun’s number next. I’m hoping he knows where Mi Ho is.

“Hello?”

“Hey, has Mi Ho contacted you?”

“Last time we talked was when she got to Seulgi’s shop. Why?”

“What?!” Where the hell is she?! I’m starting to worry and can’t calm down.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“I can’t contact her because she left her phone at Seulgi’s shop! And Chanyeol’s not answering his phone!”

“What?” I hear Sehun sigh. “I’ll try to find them Hyung. I’ll go over to the place near Seulgi’s maybe I’ll see them. You can’t go out right now just wait for her there.”

“Alright, thanks.” I hang up but I still can’t calm down. The thought of not knowing where Mi Ho is really kills me. I just hope she’s fine!


M i   H o

“Oh my, do you think it’s a major accident?”

“I think so, they can’t let us through. And we can’t go the other way now. There are a lot of cars behind us.”

“Yeah, I agree.” I search for my phone in my bag to contact Baekhyun but I can’t find it. “Oh!”

“What’s wrong?”

“I left my phone at the shop. I was thinking that Baekhyun might be worrying since it’s late.”

“Oh, here. Use mine.”

“Thanks.” I grab his phone but it won’t open. “Uh Chan?”

“Yes?”

“Your phone is dead.”

“Oh right, I was to supposed to charge it on the way. I also left my charger back at the house.” I sigh and gave it back to him. “Want to find a convenience store so you can call him?”

I smile shaking my head. “No it’s fine. I just hope this won’t take long.”


B a e k h y u n

An hour already have passed and Sehun arrived first than Mi Ho. Seulgi went with him in worry. “They’re taking too long.”

Sehun sighs. “I know.”

“Let’s not worry too much okay?” Seulgi added. “Oh.. but it’s snowing outside and the road’s all slippery- OH MY GOD! They didn’t get into an accident did they?”

“Shut it!” I stand in worry. She’s really not helping.

“Daddy.. is Mommy okay?” I hold Sejoon.

“I don’t know either Sejoon. Let’s just hope she’s okay.” He nods but his worry doesn’t ease. I sigh and open the TV to ease his pain but the next thing we see doesn’t help at all.

“Oh my gosh! There’s an accident and it’s the other intersection near my shop!!”

“.” I set Sejoon down to Seulgi and grab my keys.

“Oppa?! Where are you going?!”

“I’m going to look for her damn it! I’ll die waiting here! Take care of Sejoon for me. Call me if ever they arrive or something okay?!”


M i   H o

After an hour of waiting, they finally cleared the road. Turns out, there really has been an accident because it’s snowing so the road’s all slippery. “Thank goodness we made it there. I’m glad that the victims are alright.”

“Yeah, they shouldn’t be driving fast in this kind of weather.” I nod. But what I am worried about is Baekhyun and Sejoon. They might be waiting for me for a while now. I should’ve gone to a convenience store earlier just as Chanyeol have said. They must’ve been worried. “It’s okay. I’m driving as fast as I can. They are worried after all.”

“Mm. Just be careful.” He nods. After a while we arrive home. “I’m back-“

“MOMMY!” Sejoon comes running to me and he’s crying. “Mommy! You’re fine!!”

I carry him. “Yes, sorry to worry you. There has been an accident on the way Sejoon so we can’t go through. We got stuck and I can’t call because I have no phone to use.”

“Mommy... Mommy..” I brush Sejoon’s back as he cry.

“Oh, Seulgi? Sehun?”

“God you’re safe!” “Unnie!” They both said in unison.

“Yes, I’m sorry to worry you.” I look around but I don’t see Baekhyun. “Where’s Baekhyun?”

“Oh! I have to call him! Oppa searched for you because he got worried after we saw the news about the accident!”

“Oh no..” I thought so. I should’ve called.. “Achoo!”

“It must’ve been the cold. We stood out for a while there. Go and get yourself a hot bath Mi Ho.” Chanyeol says.

“But Baekhyun-“ he smiles.

“He’ll be back. For the meantime, go and take a warm bath. You should take Sejoon with you.”

“Mm. Alright.” As Chanyeol said, Sejoon and I dipped in the tub for a hot bath and it’s really refreshing. It feels really good after standing in the cold for a long while. “Is Daddy that worried?” I asked as I rinse the soap from Sejoon.”

“Yes! He came running to look for you Mommy.”

I sigh and I rinse myself afterwards. I hope Baekhyun’s okay. He tends to do rash things whenever he’s worried. I dress Sejoon in his pajamas dried his hair. “There we go. Wait for me at the living room. I’ll just get dressed okay? Let’s wait for Daddy.”

“Mm!”

I walk back to my room and removed the robe that I was wearing. I get on my underwear and was about to get put on some clothes when the door slammed open. I turn seeing Baekhyun huff and all sweaty. He runs to me and hugs me tight. “B..Baekhyun?!”

“Damn it. I know you’re mad and all, but don’t... go getting lost in front of me and not telling me where.. you are! I almost died!” He’s cold and shaking. I look at him as he hugs me tight. There’s snow on his hair and shoulders. He must’ve been searching for me for a while. “Ugh..”

He slowly sinks in the floor. “Baekhyun!” He doesn’t let go of me and continues to hug me tight. This is embarrassing and I’m still in my underwear. “You have to go and get a warm bath or you’ll get sick.”

“I’m glad you’re safe..” okay, he’s not hearing me. I sigh and help him stand.

“Let’s go, I’ll take you to the bathroom.” When we got there, I heat up a warm bath and wrap a towel around me because I don’t want to walk around in my underwear. I haven’t got any time to wear clothes because Baekhyun’s out of it. He’s just there watching me as he sit at the edge of the tub. “There, get in. I’ll wait for you outside-“ I gasp when he pulls me closer.

“Don’t leave.” I flush. I bet he can hear my heartbeat right now because his head is on my chest! Oh my god this is so embarrassing.

“H..How can you take a bath at this state?”

“Damn it!” He looks up at me looking frustrated. “Bath?! That’s what you worry about? Mi Ho I almost died when I thought you weren’t coming back home! And the thought of you getting an accident when the last thing that we did is fight?! I can’t forgive myself for that if it happened!”

“Baekhyun..” He’s still shaking. I don’t know if it’s because he was cold or if it’s because he was frightened that I got hurt badly. I turn as he gets undressed. I can’t feel but get embarrassed. It’s been a while since I last saw him like this after all.

“Get in with me.”

“W..What?!”

“Mi Ho.” My heart fell when he called my name like that. Like he doesn’t want me out of his sight right now.

I sigh in defeat and get on the tub with him. I hold him close. “I’m sorry to worry you, but I’m fine. So calm down now okay?”

He still isn’t letting me go. He holds my cheek with his hand and sighs. “You know I’m marrying you in a week and you’re doing this to me. Is this torture? Getting in the tub and all with only a towel wrapped in you.”

“You’re the one who asked to get in with you. I’m about to get dressed you know?” I chuckle. “Besides, I can’t have my groom lose his sanity can I?” He smiles. I’m glad he’s calming down now. He pulls me close until his lips met mine as he kisses me slowly.

“Mi Ho.” He calls my name in between his kisses. “I love you.” I smile as I kiss him back. He makes me sit in front of him and wraps his arms around me. He holds me and starts tracing his fingers on my arms. His hand stops on my wrist. He turns it and stares. “Is this it? The scar that you had when you tried to take your life?” I nod. I feel him rest his chin on my neck. I gasp when he starts pulling the towel around me. I move away from him covering myself. “What are you doing?”

“Y..You can’t!”

“Why?”

I look down in embarrassment. “Well.. my.. my body isn’t the same as the last time you saw it. I gave birth to Sejoon so- wha-!” I gasp when he pulled me close and takes my hands off my body. His fingers travelled behind my back removing my bra. I grab his hand shaking my head no. But he leans close and kisses my chest and his hand falls on my stomach with the scar that I have when I have birth to Sejoon.

“Is this why you’re embarrassed?”

“That’s.. mmng!” Chills got in my spine when I felt him kiss it. “Wait, Baekhyun-“

“Nothing’s changed.”

“What?”

“Stop shaking. Nothing’s changed.” He holds me gently and kisses my neck. “You’re beautiful. You’re body still is and nothing’s changed. You’re even a mother now and this scar makes you even more beautiful.” He smiles looking at me and holds my cheek. “Never once did I look at you and thought of you as being ugly. Even when I still feel hatred towards you. You’re always beautiful in my eyes Mi Ho so don’t think of covering yourself up in front of me.”

“Mm..” I wipe my tears away but they’re not stopping. He chuckles and holds me against him.

“I want to take you here right now but I don’t want something unwanted to happen again unless we’re married so this will have to wait until then.” I chuckle and hug him back. He kisses my temples and burry his head on my hair. “God I love you.”

I smile. “I love you too.

“You’re going to be my wife in a week.”

I chuckle. “And you’re going to be my husband in a week.”

He releases me so he can look at me again and kisses me. “Yeah, time always passes slowly when you’re with me.”

“Like a time lapse?”

He chuckles nodding. “You sure have a way putting how I feel in words.” I smile. “Enough talking.” He pulls me again and kisses me. 


UPDATE! Again, a lot of feels for this chapter!! Now we're down for the last chapter next HUHU TT.TT Thank you for the new subscribers by the way!! ^^

- Cheonsabyul <3