Chapter Five

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   F i v e .

B a e k h y u n 

“You won’t be disappointed.” I say and bowed to the board as they leave.

“Please have a safe trip back!” I watch Mi Ho as she them out and smiled at me after. “Congratulations Mr. Byun!”

This is like back then. Her waiting for me after a game that I won and cheered for me. But it’s not like that now. She’s not with me. Half of me hates the fact that she’s happy for me and half of me still reacts with that smile that she has for me.

“It’s a given.” I reply and went back to my seat. “It’s finally over.”

She nods. “I’ll do the rest so you can go and-“ she stops when her phone rings and excuses herself. “Hm? You’re where?” I watch her as she talks to her phone and she turns. “Wha-“ she freezes. I follow her line of sight and see Sehun at the end. I stand.

“I asked where you were. You’re not in the office.” He says as he approach Mi Ho. “You look nice in that dress.”

“Yeah, well...”

“What are you doing in my residence? And you stepped in without my permission.” I say.

“Can’t a family member enter your house Hyung? Oh, I won’t be long. I’ll just pick her up.” Anger rises to me. He’s been full of himself ever since he got Mi Ho on his side and it pisses the hell out of me.

“I can’t leave yet Sehun, I still have work to do-“

“What? With that guy? In his house?” He scoffs. “What kind of work would you still do?”

“W..What?” I can tell Mi Ho was taken back with what he said and it pissed me off even more. “Sehun, you’re just being emotional right now. Please don’t do that here okay? I’ll be home in a while so-“

“No.” He looks at me then to Mi Ho. “We’re going home.”

“Ah! Wait Sehun, you’re- SEHUN!” She gasps as we stare at Sehun on the ground. I clench the fist that just hit him. I hate Mi Ho but I still can’t let anyone hurt her.

“Get out. She told you no didn’t she?” Sehun glares at me and was about to fight back when Mi Ho stops him.

“No... please don’t hurt him.. Sehun.. I’ll go so please just...” I can tell her hands are shaking. I forgot Mi Ho hates it when she sees other people fight in front of her. Sehun stands still glaring at me and leaves with her.

I sigh falling back on the seat. After a while Chanyeol arrives and I hear a sigh from him. “Seriously, you just hit your cousin? I thought you hired Mi Ho to play with her and get revenge.”

I cover my face with my other arm as Chanyeol tend the hand that I punch Sehun with. “I don’t what’s with me either. I hate her but...”

He leans on the seat and stares. “But?”

“I don’t want other people hurting her.” He smiles in satisfaction and it’s annoying. I grab the drink that he set down at the table and stopped after sipping. “This-“

“I thought you might like to drink that after a while.” He stands patting my shoulder. “I’ll prepare your dinner then.”

I scoff as I watch him leave and look at the glass filled with the drink that Mi Ho made me earlier.

»« »« »«

I return to my room to rest but I see my light on. I sigh, she entered without my permission again. I open my door and see Seulgi inside. “Oh! You’re here! I was getting bored waiting for you.”

I sit on the chair and dry my hair with a towel. “What do you want now?” She looks at me at the mirror and grins turning the page on her magazine.

“I heard you and Mi Ho worked well today. I didn’t expect for you to treat her well. Looks like my plan is going well.”

My eyes widen as I stand on my seat and turned to her. “Plan? Don’t joke with me! I’m not going soft on her! It’s just-“

“Just what Oppa?” She smiles as if she’s getting all the response that she needs. “I’m not against it if you get her back. I love Mi Ho after all.”

I scoff. “That will never happen.”

“Let’s see then. Shall we bet on it?” She smiles.

“Deal! I never lose a bet.”

»« »« »«

I made something irrational again. I bet on something with Seulgi and I’m sure she’ll do whatever it takes to win me over! I sigh closing my eyes to think. That’s right, I just have to make myself hate Mi Ho even more and I’ll win that bet. I’ll just have to be mean to her and I will hate her even more. Oh, and avoiding her at all cost will be good too. That’s it!

“Good Morning Mr. Byun!” I stop on my tracks seeing Mi Ho greet me with a smile. That caught me off guard. I ignore her and entered my office. “Here’s your schedule for today, you have a luncheon at the Prince hotel today so I’ll inform Mr. Park about that.”

“M..Mm.”

“Mr. Byun?” I hear her call but I don’t look at her. Let’s not look at her or my guard will be down again. “Is something the matter?”

“N..No. everything’s fine.” I hear the door swing open. Seulgi.

“Oh! Seulgi!” Mi Ho exclaimed.

“Unnie! I know I would see you here!” She chuckles and hugs Mi Ho. What is she doing here now? Chanyeol enters the room after her and I glared at him. He mouthed I tried and shrugged. I rub my temple. This is going to be a long day. “You look beautiful as ever. Oh, but you cut your hair did you?”

“Oh, it was hard to maintain.”

“How’s Sejoon?” I look at Mi Ho and she freezes at the name. Sejoon? Who’s that? Is there another guy lurking around her other than Sehun?!

“Oh, um... I don’t think we can do this right now Seulgi. I am at work so..”

“She’s right, why are you even here?” I ask setting aside the papers that I will do later.

“Oh, don’t worry. I am not here for you, silly brother.” Oh she’s getting on my nerves all right. “I’m here to take Mi Ho with me. I can do that right? Chanyeol’s here for you. Oh don’t worry! We won’t be long.”

“Where will you take her? We have work to do Seulgi.”

She stands walking to me and smiles. “Are you worried about her Oppa?” I flush and clear my throat.

“Why would I? Go. I don’t care where you’ll take her but be quick. There are a lot of things to do.”

“But Mr. Byun that’s-“ Mi Ho interjects but Seulgi grabs her. This might be well for me. Her being away for a bit.

“Well then, I’ll see you later Oppa!”

I watch them leave and sigh. I just realized something, women really aren’t good for me...

»« »« »«

“Take a little break.” I sigh grabbing the drink that Chanyeol prepared for me.

“Thanks.” I turn to my right and forgot to give the folder to Mi Ho. I press on the telephone and paged her. “Kim Mi Ho, come in for a bit-“ I freeze realizing what I just did. Mi Ho... she’s not here.

“What are you doing calling a person who’s not there?”

“Oh, I-“ I flush at his look. His grinning ear to ear. “I FORGOT OKAY?!”

“If you say so Mr. Byun.” He leaves the room and I slide to my seat. What’s happening to me really? That’s the fourth time already. I rest my chin on my hand and stare at the clock. It’s still thirty minutes to twelve huh? The door opens and I look at it. “Hm? Are you expecting someone right now Mr. Byun?”

“N..No.” I reply. Chanyeol chuckles getting my coat and walks to my direction. “You have a luncheon. I suggest that we leave now.”

I sigh standing up. “Yeah, yeah.” I wear my coat and we make our way out. I stop where Mi Ho’s desk is. It’s empty. I never notice that it was this empty before she got in that seat.

“Mr. Byun?”

“Y..Yeah, coming.”

»« »« »«

“Then, I will not disappoint you.” I bowed and Mr. Lee nods.

“You never did Baekhyun.” He chuckles. “You’re really like your Dad huh? I know that he’s proud of you up there.”

I smile nodding. “Thank you.” Chanyeol approach us handing me my coat and greeted Mr. Lee.

“Hm? I don’t see Ms. Kim today.”

“Oh, she is at my sister’s assistance today.”

“Oh, Seulgi? How is she?”

“She’s doing well Mr. Lee.” He smiles patting my shoulder.

“No need to be formal in front of me Baekhyun. I already told you that right? I am your father’s friend after all.”

I smile. “If you say so, Uncle.”

Chuckling, he nods. “Oh, I’ll be off then. Visit me sometime with Ms. Kim will you? My wife likes her presence.”

“I will. Please be careful on your way home.” I watch the car leave and smile. It’s always a pleasure meeting my uncle because he’s like my late father.

“Shall we be on our way then Mr. Byun?”

“Mm.” I stop seeing a soondae stand. Mi Ho likes that. I mentally slap myself. Why am I losing all the time to my heart? My great brain, control will you?

When we arrive the office I see that Mi Ho’s still not here. What’s even taking them so long?! “Oh? Mr. Byun! Welcome back!” I turn seeing Mi Ho.

“Mi Ho...”

“Yes? Is there something you nee-“ I freeze. No, we both are. I look at my situation. My hand on its way to her head. I take it back gasping. Was I supposed to hold her just now?! “Mr. Byun? Are you okay?”

“Oh, he is alright.” I turn seeing Seulgi grinning. She saw that now didn’t she?! “Hm? What’s that on your hand Oppa?”

“Mr. Byun have bought soondae on our way back Lady Seulgi.” I freeze glaring at Chanyeol. “Is something the matter?”

“Oh no. Nothing at all. I am really fine. Perfectly fine.” I reply sarcastically. “Oh whatever! I am not on the mood eating this anymore! Mi Ho!”

“Yes?”

“Take care of this! Dispose of it if you like.”

“Dispose? But it’s a waste! If it’s okay, can I have it instead?”

“Do what you like.” I enter my room and into my seat. Look at her, all happy just because of a soondae. I smile opening my computer. Well, it’s fine is it?

»« »« »«

The clock signals me that it’s already time for me to go home but I guess I’ll grab myself something to drink before going. I look at Mi Ho’s desk but she’s not there. Is she on break? Walking to the pantry, I heard my employees talking with Mi Ho.

“Ms. Kim-“

“Oh! You’re a mother?! Why don’t we know that?” Jung Hye Sul, a member of my staff, asked Mi Ho.

“Oh, I- um..” Mi Ho laughed it off. That subject huh? Come to think of it, we haven’t talked about that too. Her having a kid. “I guess it’s not a usual subject? Haha...” It’s obvious that she’s not comfortable talking about it. Can’t they even tell? “I’ll get one of these for Mr. Byun.” She takes some snack and placing it on the tray.

“Hm.. then, who’s the father? Oh! Is it that guy? The one that picks you up after work!!” I freeze at the question but I look at Mi Ho waiting for an answer. I know it’s Sehun but I wanted to hear her say it herself.

“N..No. We’re not like that. He just looks after my son that’s all.” It’s not...Sehun’s? Then there’s another guy? I scoff. She met another guy?! “I’ll go and get these to Mr. Byun then-“ she turns seeing me and freezes. “Mr. Byun!”

I grab the tray away from her hand and placed it on the counter taking her with me. “Wait! Where are we-“ I shut my door close locking it and glared at her.

“It’s not Sehun’s? Your kid is not his?!”

She looks at me surprised. “Y..You heard?”

“THEN WHO THE HELL IS THAT KID’S FATHER?!” She flinches at my voice.

“Mr. Byun, calm down okay?”

I laugh. “Calm- WHAT THE HELL MI HO?! THERE IS ANOTHER GUY?! YOU LEFT ME FOR ANOTHER GUY?” I scoff. “Oh wait, I forgot you’re just a girl who likes playing with guy’s hearts huh-“ I gasp feeling something hit my cheek. Did she just slap me? I turn to Mi Ho and she’s crying.

“I didn’t left you because I played with you. I love you Baekhyun. So much. I just want you to be happy... I...” She bit her lower lip as she sob and wipes her tears with the back of her hand. “I’m so sorry..” she turns leaving the room.

I made her cry. I made Mi Ho cry.


FANGIRL FEELS right now hahah! I’ve got a lot of ideas for this story and I just can’t help but to fangirl over Baek >.< Oh, and thank you for the new subscribers by the way ^^ It really made me happy that you guys are enjoying this fic :) Hope you will continue to read this until the end and leave your comments okay? 

 

- Cheonsabyul <3