Chapter Four

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   F o u r  .

M i   H o 

How did I end up like this? I stare at the soaked paper in my hand and then to Baekhyun as he holds me up the water. He's mad. I'm positive that he is mad. He holds his eyes shut fuming in anger. I gasp when he carries me out of the pool and sets me down on the ground. His eye opens and glares at me.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING STUPID?! EVEN I KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T SWIM!" I flinch. Yeah, he is mad.

"But these..."

"You think those are important right now?! We can always print that!"

"But the board will be here in a few minutes and-"

"I don't think you both have time to argue right now." Chanyeol cut in and pointed at our clothes. Oh right! I stand.

"Mr. Byun! You must get changed! I will take care of this-" I feel something cover my face and I grab it. A towel.

"You think I can go in there without a secretary? Get changed too! Chanyeol. Get her something presentable to wear and definitely not the kind of clothes that she's wearing right now. DAMN YOU'RE A LOAD OF TROUBLE!"

He says and headed inside his house. Chanyeol chuckles and I frown. "You heard him. The bathroom's down at the left. I'll bring your change of clothes so hurry up okay?"

I sigh nodding. I headed to the bathroom taking my clothes off and turned the shower on. How did it end up like this really...

»« »« »«

F o u r   h o u r s   a g o .

“Good Morning Chan!” I greet Chanyeol as I sit on my desk across his.

“Oh, good morning.” He glances at me briefly and continued typing. “Mi Ho, I need you to do this. Find these people on these files and bring it to me. If you can, please place them in one file then send it through email.”

“Alright, but is something wrong? That’s quite a lot.”

He sighs scratching his temple with a pen on his hand. “Yes, the company that we’ve been eyeing on finally replied and was planning on receiving the proposal by tomorrow. It was all of a sudden so there will be a board meeting later about it.”

“B..Board?!” He nods. The door opens from Baekhyun’s office and I turn to greet him.

“Chany- Oh you’re here. Great. Pack all of those up. We’re going to my house.” He said walking ahead. Chanyeol and I exchanged looks and quickly grab everything that we’re doing following Baekhyun to the parking.

“Oh! I’ll open it for you!” I hurry and open the trunk for Chanyeol and we place everything inside.

“Mi Ho, Chanyeol told you the things that you needed to do but I’m going to pile it up. Look these up for me and call them. Tell them they have to get things ready by tomorrow. Understood?”

“Ah, yes...” I grab the folder that he gave me and skim on it. Oh my god. Three pages full of names. Will I be able to do it?

“Chanyeol, are you even at the limit? Speed up!” I flinch at Baekhyun’s voice. It’s the first time I’ve seen him like this. He looks so stressed. When we arrive his house, I was shocked by how big it is. I guess he moved from the last house that I’ve been back then.

“Is he living alone?” I ask Chanyeol.

“Yes.”

“In a house this big?!”

“Yeah.”

“Mi Ho!! You’re so slow!” I gasp.

“C..Coming!” We stop at the poolside and I set everything down.

“Get the records of the hotel for me at the study room. I want it this instant.”

“Ah, y..yes sir!” I head back and stopped. “Where is the study room?”

Baekhyun looks at me and sighs. “Third room upstairs. Be quick!”

I ran as fast as I can and entered the third room as soon as I got to the second floor. I gasp seeing how big it is. I don’t even know where to start so I decided to look at the right shelf first and to luck on my side, I managed to see all the records of the different hotels. I grab the ones that I need and return to Baekhyun.

“H..Here you...go!” I say catching my breath.

“Get back to work.” He replied. Wow, not a single thank you. I turn going back to my seat and started scanning the people that Chanyeol asked to search earlier. Come to think of it, why are we even here at his house? I guess it wouldn’t even hurt to ask?

“U..Um-“

“What?” Baekhyun mumbles.

“I was wondering about something but I guess we’re too busy for that...”

“You already got my attention! What is it?”

“Um, why are we here again?”

He looks at me in disbelief like I asked the most nonsensical question and sighs. “I have all the records kept in my house and no other place. Electronic and hard copies. Any more questions?”

“Oh, no. Thank you for answering that.”

He sighs again as he do his work. “What are we in a talk show or something? Why are you even thanking me that for?”

He’s stressed. I know he hired me to play with me but right now he’s stressed. I stand on my seat heading on the kitchen to make something for us to drink. I stop, remembering something. “That’s right, he likes to drink that whenever he’s exhausted.”

I open the fridge and look for some honey. I guess he has that because he’s rich. “Oh! There it is!” I smile and take a glass on the cupboard. I walk to my bag and grab my pack of mint leaves. I always have those because my Mom said that mint leaves always calm you down. I usually make these for Baekhyun back then when we’re still studying and it always works.

I put three ice cubes on the glass and then some water in it. Afterwards, I place the honey and the mint leaves. “There, all done.” I return back to the pool side and gave the glass to Chanyeol.

“Oh, this. It’s been a while since I had this. Thank you!”

“You’re welcome.” I smile and walk to Baekhyun’s side.

“Here you go.” He looks at me then to the glass of drink that I made. His expression changes.

“Who asked you to make that?” I freeze. I thought he would like to have something to drink at least.

“Oh, um... I- I’m sorry. I thought you would like some refreshment so...”

“You barged in my kitchen?”

“Y..Yes.” He scoffs and sighs.

“Please don’t do anything unnecessary again Ms. Kim.”

“Yes, I..I won’t. I’m sorry.”

I went back to my seat and sigh. This is expected Mi Ho. He really changed a lot compared to the past. He doesn’t smile often and laughs with me. Now, he just hates me and he always frowns whenever I am around. But, you cannot feel bad about it. You accepted the job knowing that he won’t go easy on you. I continue doing my job and manage to do one-fourth of it. I feel like it doesn’t end. I guess I won’t be able to see Sejoon early today huh?

»« »« »«

After an hour, I was actually surprised that we manage to finish all of it. I stretched my arms and take the last folder to put on the papers in it when a wind blew away the papers under it. I gasp running after it.

“Oh my god! Ah! Got you-“ my eyes widen when I don’t feel the ground on my feet anymore. I fell on the pool and sink. I struggle for the surface but who am I kidding. I forgot, I can’t swim. I hear a splash so I open my eyes. Is that Baekhyun? My breath is slowly disappearing. I can’t breathe!

I feel him grab my hand and pulled me towards him as we go up the surface. I gasp when I feel air again and cough. “MI HO! KIM MI HO!” I open my eyes seeing Baekhyun.

“M..Mr. Byun?”

“Are you okay?!”

“Y..Yes, Thank you…” He sighs after I replied. Oh no. I realize the situation I am in right now. Baekhyun holding me in his arms as we’re soaked in the pool and the totally torn papers in my hand. I’m toast. I gasp when he carries me out of the water and sets me down on the ground. He’s definitely mad.

»« »« »«


P r e s e n t .

I look at the dress that Chanyeol got for me. Isn’t it too much for me to wear this? It’s too pretty..

“I’ve got no choice do I? I have to wear it if I don’t want to go out ..” I sigh in defeat and change. I look at my reflection in the mirror. As I thought, this kind of clothes doesn’t suit me. I make my way out and see Chanyeol.

“Oh, you’re finished.”

“M..Mm.”

He looks at my shoes and stepped closed. “I can’t let someone who I treat as my sister wear those shoes in that dress can I?”

“Hm? Is something wrong with my shoes?”

He chuckles and crouched in front of me. “These will look better. Change to them please.”

“O..Okay.” I did as I am told and he smiles. I chuckle. “You’re like my fairy godmother right now.”

He laughs to and stands. “Is she done yet?! What’s tak-“ Baekhyun stops seeing me.

“I guess your prince is here now.” He whispered and I flush. “Doesn’t she look nice in the dress I got her? I asked Lady Seulgi for advice.”

He’s staring at me. I laugh it off. “A..Ahaha. Clothes like this doesn’t really suit me. Don’t worry I’ll take it off once the meeting is over-“

“Did I say that?” He cuts me off and turns. “Hurry now!”

“Ah, coming!” I ran to catch up with him and make our way to meet the board. He suddenly stops so I did too. “Mr. Byun.”

“Don’t say you don’t look nice in that dress. It...It suits you.”

I watch him as he walks ahead. Did my ears fail me or did I actually hear him say that the dress suit me?


UPDATE!! Sorry that my uodates took so long haha! I'm get so busy once in a while and haven't been finishing the chapters -.-" but I'll try to update more often for y'all :) Hope you liked this chapter! Till the next one everyone!!

- Cheonsabyul <3