Chapter Twenty-five

Time Lapse

F i n a l  C h a p t e r .

B a e k h y u n

I smile seeing Mi Ho all nervous. Today’s the day that our families will meet officially. They actually wanted this earlier but Mi Ho asked me if we can hold it a day before the wedding and everyone agreed to that. I hold her hand and kissed her forehead. “It’ll be fine Mi Ho. They already met you right?”

“Well yes but, today I’m going to meet them as your fiancé and I don’t know.. I’m just super nervous!”

Chuckling I told her that it will be alright and we three get inside as the maid guide us to where Uncle and Auntie is. Even though we are not related by blood, Uncle is my father’s best friend and has been a father for me ever since father died so he’s like a family to us. “Mi Ho!” Auntie stands on her seat and runs to Mi Ho hugging her.

“Mrs. Lee-“

“Hush now! It’s auntie okay?” I chuckle. They’re getting along.

“Yes, auntie.”

Mom stands seeing me and spreads her arms welcoming me. I smile hugging her back and I feel her hand brushing against me. “I’m so happy for you. Really I am.”

I release her. “Thanks Mom but no tears. If Mi Ho sees you like this she’ll-“

“Mrs. Byun, I was told that your seat will be- Why are you crying?! Does it hurt anywhere?! Are you uncomfortable?! Are you alright?!” I sigh. I was supposed to say she will worry but I’m too late. Mom chuckles shaking her head and hugs Mi Ho.

“No dear. I was just overwhelmed. You’re getting married to my son tomorrow.” She holds Mi Ho’s cheek smiling. “I’ve always wanted you as a daughter. Even before. And now..”

“Mom, no, please don’t cry or she’ll-“

“Mm. Thank you so much.. I’m happy that I get to have you as my Mom too..” Mi Ho started crying too.

“Oh no, Mi Ho! Don’t cry! Ah! Here, handkerchief-“

“You’re looking frantic and stupid as always.” I turn seeing Minseok hyung with Joohyun noona and their daughter Yoon Bi. He sighs and pats my shoulder. “Oh well, at least I have a peace of mind that Mi Ho and Sejoon will be safe with you over reacting over everything.”

“Hey!” I hear a chuckle. Mi Ho smiles hugging her brother.

“You’re here.”

“Of course I am.” He hugs her back and smirks at me. Ugh. He’s always this childish and protective when it comes to Mi Ho. I sigh in defeat smiling. I’m glad we’re back to normal now. We all spend lunch together and introduced ourselves to the people that are important to us. I really can't believe that I am finally getting married to this girl. Tomorrow, she's going to be my wife and that just drives me crazy.

"Oh that's right! I saw the dress Seulgi! It was so beautiful! I'm sure that it will fit Mi Ho perfectly!" Mom said. They all started to talk about how excited they are for tomorrow. It’s nice but, I don’t think my bride is that happy though. She’s been looking down since this discussion started. I stand taking her with me and she looks at me in surprise.

“Is something wrong Baekhyun?” I stop on the veranda and sat at the bench.

“Come closer.” She nods and stand in front of me. I pull her close to me and hugged her resting my head on her chest. “This feels nice.”

I hear her chuckle and caressed my head. “You took me out of there for this?”

I look up at her. “You feel suffocated that’s why. Is something wrong?” Her expression changes and it turned to an expression that I hate the most. I pull her wrist making her fall on my lap. “That again. So something is wrong.”

She flushes. “N..Nothing’s wrong so can you let me go? Someone might see!”

“What if they see? You’re going to be my wife in a few hours.” She turns redder looking at her fingers as she plays with them. I grab her hand putting it in my lips.

“Wha-!”

“Tell me what’s wrong.” She sighs in defeat and nods.

“It’s just... I’m not used to this. People giving me stuff. It’s not that I don’t like Seulgi’s gown.. I don’t think it’s suitable to be worn for someone like me. I haven’t worn such a dress in my entire life.”

I chuckle. “Of course you wouldn’t. I’m the only man that can ask you for marriage and wear that dress so it will all be new to you.” I hold her cheek and smile. “And are you mocking me? I am dying to see how that dress looks like because my sister won’t even let me peek and now here you are making it sound that you would look perfect tomorrow.”

She smiles and hugs me. “I’m sorry. I’m just not used to being pampered and all.” I hug her back kissing the side of her head.

“Well, be ready. Because I’m going to pamper you for the rest of your life.”

»« »« »«


It’s the day. I was so relaxed yesterday why do I feel like my heart is going to stop any moment now?! I inhale for the nth time to calm myself but it’s not working. “You should stop that. It’s annoying.” Chanyeol points at my hand that’s hitting my chest for a while now.

“I can’t calm down! Can you blame me?”

“You’re the one who said you’ll be fine and relaxed. Are you joking when you said that?” I sigh. I breathe again and try to calm down. Yeah, it’s alright! We’re just getting married! We’re..getting married.. I’m going to marry Mi Ho... “I’m guessing you’re inner monologue isn’t helping at all.”

I grab Chanyeol’s hand forming it into a fist. “Hit me. Give me your best shot! Maybe I can calm down that way!”

I hear a chuckle. I turn seeing Mom smiling and Seulgi looking at me with much disgust. “It’s alright dear. At any moment now, you’ll see Mi Ho. She’s so pretty in that wedding gown that Seulgi made!”

“Uh...”

“Mom, you’re not helping. Look at him, he looks like blood escaped from his face.” Seulgi steps close to me and grabs my cheek pinching them.

“Ow! Hey!”

“Now you’re back. Don’t worry about a thing okay?! You’ve been waiting for this day ever since you started dating her right? Now you’re here, so stop being so weird and man up!” She hits my back and smiled. “You’re going to be the most handsome man taking that girl’s hand today Oppa. I’m happy for you.”

“Seulgi..” I smile ruffling her hair. “Thanks. But don’t you think you have to worry about yourself first? Since you haven’t made any progress.” I turn to Chanyeol who’s welcoming the guests. She flushes and stomps my feet. “Ouch! HEY!”

“I don’t need you telling me that stupid brother!!” I laugh as I watch her march away from me.

“Bully as ever I can see.” I turn seeing Minseok hyung and Joohyun noona with their daughter Yoon Bi.

“Hyung! Noona!” He smiles and flicks my forehead. I wince in pain. “I see you’re as rude as ever.”

“She’s pretty and I’ve seen her in that gown first. I bet you’ll be frozen when you see her.”

“Why is everyone mocking me that they’ve seen Mi Ho in that gown first?”

Noona chuckles. “It’s because we all know how much you’ll react when you see her. I’m looking forward to it too.”

I sigh. I feel a pat on my shoulder then a ruffle on my head. “Thank you. I already know that she’ll be happy with you. So thank you for coming back for her.”

I smile nodding. “Thank you too. For letting me in her life again.” He nods and entered the hall.

“Mr. Byun!” I smile seeing the people from the company arrive. “Congratulations on getting married!”

“Stupid, they’re not married yet!”

“Oh sorry! Make that an advance greeting then!” We all chuckle.

“Thank you for coming. We appreciate it.”

“Yeah! I’m sure you’ll be entranced when you see Mi Ho Mr. Byun! She’s so pretty!” I’m getting tired of this. Everyone that I talk to gives me this line and it’s annoying. “Well, we’ll see you inside then!”

“Uh, yeah. See you.”

“Daddy!” I hear Sejoon’s voice so I turn.

“Sejoon! No running I say!” Sehun’s there running after him. When he catches up and sighs and places Sejoon’s tie. “Geez! You’re so energetic today that I can’t keep up anymore!”

I smile. “Thanks.” I say.

He eyes me weirdly. “I don’t need thanks from you. I’m doing this for noona.”

“Mm. That thanks meant a lot for you. So I’ll say it again, thank you.”

I chuckle standing. “Just so you know, I saw Noona looking beautiful in her gown. And to think that I saw her first than you, I guess that’s worth it.”

I glare at him. “That again! Everyone is saying that!” He laughs.

“But Mommy really looks like a princess Daddy! You should look at her! Come on!” Sejoon takes my hand but Sehun grabs me stopping us.

“I don’t think that’ll work Joon. Your dad has to see your mom inside that hall. Don’t you think that’s better?”

“Sehun!” I glare at him and he ignores me.

We were told that the ceremony will start so we all headed inside. I go to the other side of the hall getting ready and stare at the door on the other side as I wait for it to open. When it does, Mi Ho will be there and I’ll get to see her in that gown that everybody said suits her.

“We will now begin the ceremony.” Chanyeol announced. “The bride will now enter.”

As soon as the door opens, I think I’m frozen on the spot. She does look amazing- no. She looks perfect in that gown. She’s so beautiful. When she sees me, she smiles and I can’t manage to smile back. I am so overwhelmed right now and I can’t believe this is happening. She’s getting close to me I think my heart is going to drop.

“Aren’t you taking my sister’s hand stupid?” I snap out of my thought hearing Minseok hyung’s voice. When I look at him, he gives me a huge grin. “As expected, you’ll be looking like that now that you’ve seen her.”

I flush. I take Mi Ho’s hand and we walk at the center. “Are you okay Baekhyun?” She looks at me and whispered. She’s so close. She’s so beautiful I think I’m going to explode. I bring my hand to my mouth covering myself.

“Y..Yeah. Totally fine.”

The ceremony is starting but I can’t think properly. I’m so out of it. She’s so beautiful and it’s beyond my expectation. I have to snap out of this and calm down. “Excuse me?”

“Baekhyun!” I hear Mi Ho call me. Chanyeol is looking at me in disbelief.

“What?”

“Your vow please?”

“Oh vow. Ah right!” I hear people chuckle and I know they are expecting this. Damn this sneaky attack. Seulgi made Mi Ho too much for me to handle. “Um.. I..” I felt a hand on mine. Mi Ho smiled.

“Should I do it first?”

I hear a sigh. “I guess so. Speaking time wise.” Chanyeol said.

“Alright.” Mi Ho looks at me smiling. “Baekhyun, I know you’re nervous as I am now and no words can actually describe how I feel but.. first of all I want to thank you. Our time together was really a series of ups and downs. We’ve been apart for a while and never did it cross to me that I will be standing here in front of you today and that I’ll be your wife but,” she chuckles. “I guess here I am. I have a lot to be thankful for and I can’t possibly use this moment to do it so I’ll just say it as we both spend the rest of our lives together okay? For showing me that it’s alright not to be okay most of the time, thank you. And also, for being Sejoon’s dad,” tears crept on her eyes this time. “Thank you so much and I love you.”

I know the relief that she feels on the latter. I smile and reach for her cheeks wiping the tears on her eyes. “I guess it’s my turn now?” I turn to Chanyeol. He gives me a wry smile nodding. “Well Mi Ho, I have a vow that I prepared last night but I don’t think I’ll be able to say it properly so I’ll be saying what’s on my mind. Things that I planned doesn’t go as it is whenever you’re with me after all.” She chuckles nodding. “So, everyone here has been telling me how I would react seeing you in that gown, and guess what? You’re beyond what I expected and I never would’ve thought I would be this awestruck looking at you right now, being my bride, you looking so perfect in that dress that I was left speechless. No words can explain how I feel right now. I, for once hated you not knowing everything. How hard everything for you is when you suddenly disappeared. Yet you came back to me no matter how many times I tried to push you away. It’s still you Mi Ho. You’re the first and last girl that I ever fell in love with. You’re the only girl that made me feel so happy and for that I am thankful that you came in my life. I love you so much Mi Ho.”

After we have said our vows, we both smiled seeing Sejoon walk up front with the rings on his hand. He smiles and hands one to me. “Here Daddy.”

I take the ring from him. “Thanks Buddy.” I now turn to Mi Ho and smiled. “Mi Ho, take this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my wife, to have hold and to hold, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish as long as we both live.” I put the ring on her. I want to kiss her right now but this thing has its order and that comes later. She smiles and takes the ring from Sejoon.

“Baekhyun, take this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my husband, to have and to hold, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish as long as we both live.” She puts the ring on me this time. But the thing that Chanyeol says afterwards? I don’t give a damn about it. I’m just waiting for him to say the words,

“You may now kiss the bride.”

“Finally.” Mi Ho chuckles and I pull her close to me as I hold her cheek. I lower down so our lips meet and I kiss her. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”


M i   H o

We’re married. It’s not a dream right? I stare at my right hand and hold the ring that’s placed on my finger. It’s real. I just can’t stop grinning.

“So? Are you just going to stare at it the whole day? You’re finally my wife and you prefer to look at that ring than me?” I smile and shake my head. He enters the bathroom and leaned on the sink.

“What are you doing? I’m going to shower.”

“Then go ahead.”

“Then get out.” He gasps looking at me in disbelief. “What?”

“Are you serious? You’re asking me to get out? I can get in with you! Sejoon’s not even here and I restrained myself not to touch you when you’re still at that gown earlier! Do you know how hard that was?!” I chuckle.

“Everyone told me about it. That’s cute of you.” He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close and stared at me. I caress his hair as I stare back. “I love you.”

“If you do, then show it.” I laugh and kiss him on his forehead. “Are you kidding me?” I look at him as he complain. Baekhyun’s my husband now and I’m his wife. After everything that has happened, we’re here now. Married. I’m just too happy. “Hey, why are you crying now? Don’t cry. I won’t force you to do it so don’t cry okay?” He said with a warm voice. I hug him close.

“It’s not that.. I’m just too happy right now. After everything that has happened, we managed to get here.. I’m just so thankful..” I feel him hug me back and brush his hand on my back.

“You’re making it hard for me Mi Ho. I feel the same as you to you know? Looking at you earlier in that aisle, you don’t know how perfect you looked.” I smile. He looked perfect earlier too. I was grinning the whole time he’s facing me. “Can I ask you something?” I nod. “Are you sure you don’t want to go out of the country tomorrow?”

I shake my head. “I told you, I’m fine here. Besides, going abroad will make me feel guilty for not having Sejoon go with us.”

“Right, Sejoon.” I see him smile as he plays with my hair. “We now have a son and he’s so adorable.” I smile listening to him. It’s just so nice to hear from him how he loves Sejoon even though he’s still not sure if Sejoon’s his back then.

“I know where you can take me tomorrow.”

»« »« »«

Baekhyun told me to go ahead while he parks the car at the garage. I get the keys that I have back then and opened the door. I smile. It hasn’t changed one bit. The house is clean. Maybe someone is cleaning it from time to time. I place the groceries that we bought from the kitchen and headed upstairs to the balcony. The air was so nice like it’s telling me that it’ll be Christmas three days from now. I felt hands wrap around my waist.

“It hasn’t changed one bit huh?” I felt Baekhyun rest his chin on my head. I hold his hands around me and then leaned on his shoulder.

“Yeah.” I face him thinking of an idea. “Say, can we spend Christmas here? I would like to take Sejoon with us.”

He smiles nodding and kisses my forehead. “Do you still need to ask?” I chuckle hugging him.

“Thank you.” He nods hugging me back. When I look at him, his expression suddenly changes as he releases me. "Baekhyun? Is something wrong?"

"I'm good." He replied but he's looking so distant right now. I follow his train of sight and see that he's looking at his father's study room.

"I'll go on ahead and prepare our lunch okay?"

"I'll help you-"

I shake my head. "Rest for a while. It's a long drive and we woke up early. I'll wake you up when I'm done okay?"

"Alright." He smiles back.

I hurry downstairs to give him some space. I know it's been three years since his father died, but it's only for a while that he was able to go to his father's grave. I know there's a lot for him to take in now that we're finally married. But I want him to accept it fully that his father's existence in this world did not disappear because he's always in our hearts as we mourn and be thankful for him being here for such a long time. I started cooking and I can hear sobs from upstairs. As much as I want to run to him and hug him, I know that it's better to be alone for a while. After all, I've been through it twice. I guess you have to mourn first then let others mourn with you. That's the only way you can get over it and be stronger as you move on.

After a while, I finished my cooking and setting of the table. "Well, I guess that's all. Time to call Baekhyun." I take off my apron and head upstairs to the study room finding Baekhyun sitting on the ground with his back on the wall. I walk to him and kneeled close as I touch his hair. He was staring blankly until he felt my touch. I smiled. "I made your favorite. Want to eat now?"

His eyes were swollen as he looks up at me. Baekhyun slowly liften his arms even though it was hard for him and pull me close. He's not crying anymore but I know he's still in pain. "I..miss him." He said with a hoarse voice.

"Mm."

"I thought I'm okay but I guess...I'm half not."

"Yeah." I hold his head against me and caress his hair. He releases me a bit and looks up at me then holds my cheek with his hand.

"You're the strongest woman I know." I smile leaning close to him and kiss his forehead.

"And you're the strongest man I know. I'm proud of you." He pushes me slightly and then kisses me. I can taste tears as we kiss and my heart aches because of that. Baekhyun's hurt but I'm glad he's recovering from his father's death.

"I love you." He says in between our kisses. I can feel his hand crawl on my back then fall on my neck.

"I love you so much." I reply to him with my kisses as I hug him back telling him that he's not going to be alone anymore. That I will always be by his side until our last breath. When he releases me, we both chase our breaths recovering from the kiss. I rest myself on his chest as he holds me tight. "I just realized something."

"And what's that?"

"One, I never thought I will fall even harder for you with that kiss." I laugh. "And two," he suddenly gets up carrying me in his arms as I gasp in surprise. "I'm not up for lunch. I want something else instead." When we end up in the bed room, I don't even know who started kissing who. It all just happened so fast. When he removes my top I shivered and we both realized we didn't turn the heater on. "Are you okay?!" He panics when he felt me shiver and suddenly placed the covers on me. I chuckle nodding.

"I'm fine. You worry too much."

"I don't want you getting sick." I smiles pulling him close to me.

"My soup will get cold."

"Are you serious right now? We're at this stage where our clothes are on the floor. You're worrying about the soup right now? You realize there's this thing called the microwave?" I laugh and he lowers himself as he starts to kiss me again. "Damn I love to kiss you when you're laughing." He said staring down at me.

"I love you Baekhyun. So so much."

"I'm pretty competitive. I love you more and I loved you first."

»« »« »«

I feel the chill on my toes and I shiver. But then I felt the covers being pulled to my toes and when I open my eyes, Baekhyun is staring down at me. I smile as I watch him take my hand bringing it to his lips. "I want to say good morning but sadly, it's still in the afternoon." I chuckle and hold his cheek. "I watched you sleep. Just so you know, you're even prettier and more innocent when you do."

"Is there any difference when I'm awake?"

"Yes, you're beautiful when you're awake." I laugh.

"I don't see any difference Mr. Byun."

"There is in my eyes Mrs. Byun." I can't help but to grin at his words. "Someone's happy hearing that name."

I scoot closer to him wrapping my arms around him. "The food has gotten cold."

"Not really. I reheated it and I was supposed to wake you up but it was such a sight I just can't help it. It's still warm." He kisses me then gets off the bed with my clothes on his hand. "Now I'll help you dress up. Hands up please."

I laugh at his playfulness as he puts the shirt on me and the rest of my clothes. After that, we both headed downstairs and started eating. “You really reheated it huh?”

“Yep.” I glance at him and I laugh seeing him stare at me as I eat. “This is too much for me to handle. How can other married couples eat freely when their wives are just too irresistible to watch?”

“Eat. You’re being too cheesy.” I point at his food.

“But you love me though. Oh right, can I ask you something?” I nod after taking a bite. “Aren’t you a bit tired of running?”

I blink in confusion. “I don’t have any memory of me running though.”

“Really?” I nod and he continues to stare at me. “I do though. You’ve been running from my head to my heart non-stop.”

“Pft!” I laugh at his cheesiness and he chuckles. He reaches over to my cheeks wiping the soup that I almost spilled.

“You’re head is full of nonsense right now!”

“Yeah, and you.” He grins.

I laugh even more. “Ugh, Baekhyun stop it okay?” He laughs grabbing his spoon and started eating. When we finished eating, Baekhyun told me he’ll do the dishes. I sit at the counter and watch him do so as I drink my tea. “Let me guess, this is the first time you wash the dishes?”

“Yes but there are a lot of times when I watch Chanyeol wash the dishes. I know the gist of it okay?” I chuckle. He’s getting more and more adorable. When he finishes, he looks so proud at himself. “I need my reward.” I put down my cup and spread my arms wide. He smiles and walked towards me as I gives his reward.

“That’s another first. I’m proud of you.”


S e v e r a l   y e a r s   l a t e r . . .

S e j o o n

“Mm. Alright, I’ll pick her up. Mm. See you later.” I hang up on Mom and placed my phone back on my pocket. I guess I’ll be changing my stop today. I press the button and got off the bus heading out to Se Mi’s daycare. “Just in time.” I manage to get here in time before Se Mi gets out for today. I know that she’ll cry if she gets out and see no one waiting for her. I sigh in relief. 

“Oppa!!” I smile and crouch down welcoming my little sister in my arms. “You came for me today!”

“Mm. Mom’s out to shop for dinner. Shall we head home then?”

“Mm!” 

I held Se Mi’s hand as we walk back home. When we’re close by, I see a familiar figure standing in front of Mom’s flower shop. “Yu Ki?” Yu Ki’s a friend of mine and we go to the same elementary school. She turns hearing her name but she looks upset. Se Mi and I approached her. “Is something wrong?”

“Sejoon, is your Mom’s shop closed?” 

“Yeah, she’s out now to prepare for our dinner. Is something wrong?” Yu Ki’s eyes suddenly showered tears and cried. “W..Whoa! Calm down Yu Ki! Don’t cry!”

“Oppa, you made Yu Ki unnie cry!” I turn to Se Mi shaking my head.

“No I didn’t!” I turn again to Yu Ki hoping that she calms down. If she doesn’t, people will really think I made her cry! “U..Uh, here! I still have this so calm down okay?” I hand her a strawberry candy which always calms her down whenever she cries. She stops crying and takes it. I sigh in relief. Thank goodness.. “So? Why are you crying?”

She sniffs for the last time and points at Mom’s shop. “I need flowers for my Mom’s birthday but the shop is closed!”

“What flowers do you need?”

“My Mom loves tulips so..” 

"Alright then, if it's tulips I can manage that." I take my keys out and make our way in. 

"Oppa, is this okay?" Se Mi asks.

"Mm. I'm sure Mom won't mind." I walk to where the flowers are and took some tulips then walk back to the counter while Yu Ki plays with Se Mi. I smile as I listen to their laughter. "What's your Mom's favorite color?"

"Hm?" Yu Ki chuckles as she carries Se Mi on her back. "Oh! Purple, she loves purple!"

"Okay then." I finish the bouquet and walk back to where Yu Ki is. "Will this work?"

"Wow! Sejoon you're amazing!" I smile.

"I watch Mom do it so..." She takes the bouquet from me and hands me money. 

"Here you go, my payment-"

"No, it's on me." I push her money back. "Oh, here take this too." I hand her a daisy like I always do. 

"Oh, a daisy again! Thank you Sejoon!" I nod and watch her go.

"Oppa, why do you always give Unnie a daisy?"

I smile and grab her hand as we make our way out the shop. “Nothing special. Just want the flower to serve it’s meaning.”

We walk back home and I see that the lights are now on. Mom must be in now. But as soon as we step inside, I realize that it’s not Mom with the sound of the clanging and clashing of utensils. I sigh walking in the kitchen and take my bag off. “Oh Daddy! You’re here!” Se Mi runs to him and Dad turns taking her in his arms. 

“Ooh! My princess is here! Welcome back!” As usual, he showers Se Mi with kisses. She’s always been a Daddy’s girl. I turn scanning the whole place. This is a complete mess. “Sejoon, you’re here! How’s your day?” He offers me his fist and I bump it.

“Fine but, Dad... didn’t Mom told you not to cook again since you almost blew the oven last time? And when she sees this mess-“ he chuckles scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

“Yeah I know. But this is the first time I went home ahead of her in a while. She’s always working hard with the chores. I figured that I wanted to cook for tonight’s dinner but I guess I blew it.” 

I look at him and can see his disappointment. I know how much he loves Mom. I bet he even loves Mom more than us both but I support him because Mom always need a shoulder to lean on and a person who can make her smile all the time. When they’re both smiling, I guess that’s all I need. I sigh rolling my sleeves up and started cleaning. 

“I’ll help you so let’s just redo it again Dad.” 

“You will?! Thank you buddy!” Dad ruffles my head and we continue on working on the kitchen. We’re almost done in the kitchen when the front door opens. 

“Oh! Mommy!” Se Mi runs to the door and I hear Mom chuckle as she kiss her. 

“Oh my, what are you both doing?” Mom asks putting all the groceries that she bought in the counter. I am tempted to tell her that Dad made a huge mess again but I guess I won’t. 

“Oh, you’re here?” I smile as I watch Dad walk over to Mom. He keeps his hand away from Mom since it’s full of flour from the tempura we just made. “We made dinner. Hope you like Japanese?”

Mom smiles and hugs him. “I’m surprised the kitchen’s not messed up when you’re almost done.” She looks at me and winks. I sigh. I guess she really knows everything huh? 

“Well, I have my boy helping me so I managed.”

“Mommy! I’ll help set the table!” 

“Shall we do that then Se Mi?” Se Mi smiles as she nods. While Mom and her set the table, Dad and I finish the food that we’re cooking. I look at the finished product. Well, that went well than I expected.

“You did it Dad.” I smile at him. 

“With your help Sejoon. Glad I have you. You’re really a life saver.” I chuckle and we place the food in the table. When everything’s set, we take our seats.

“Oh, I’ll help you.” I carry Se Mi seeing her struggle as she sits on her chair.

“Thank you Oppa!” I smile nodding and take my seat. I notice Mom looking at me and gives me a warm smile. 

“Is something wrong Mom?” She smiles and shakes her head. She reaches out and pats me in my head. Huh? What was that all about?

»« »« »«

After dinner, I help Mom with the dishes as usual and when we finished, she said she wanted to drink some hot choco with me so we head to the pool side while Dad helps Se Mi with her homework. I notice her smiling at me again. What’s with her?

“Mom? Are you alright? You’re staring at me strangely since earlier.”

She chuckles. “Oh, have I?” I lean my head to the side. “Come here Sejoon.” She pats the space in between her legs. 

“Mom, are you seriously asking me to sit there? I’m not a kid okay?! I'm ten years old!” 

She laughs. “Mommy’s just cold. Can’t you just let me warm up?” I sigh in defeat. If I don’t she has no intentions of giving up does she? I stand and sit in front of her as she hugs me from behind. “Hm... that’s much better.”

“I’m just doing this because you told me that you’re cold.” 

She chuckles. “Yes I know.” She hugs me tight and rests her chin on my head. 

“Is something wrong Mom?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Nothing. I just feel like you’re different than usual.” She remains quiet for a while but speaks afterwards. 

“I just feel like you’re growing up too quickly Sejoon. I’m just a little sad that’s all. You've been with me thorough a lot.” I turn to her and eye her weirdly.

“That’s why you’re being sentimental Mom? What makes you say that anyway?!”

She chuckles. “Let’s see...” she thinks for a while then looks at me. “Even though you’re still a grade school kid, you’re so responsible. Like being a great brother to Se Mi. Oh and,” she smiles this time and caressed my hair. “You’re slowly turning into a man seeing where my daisies have been going lately.”

I flush. “Y..You knew?! But I’m placing the money for that at the register!”

She laughs. “I know. But I know my flowers you know?” I look away in embarrassment and I feel Mom hug me again. “Oh my Sejoon.. don’t grow up too quickly.. Mom’s being left behind you know?”

I look up at her and smile. “Even if I grow up Mom, you won’t be left behind you know?”

She looks at me. “Hm?”

“You’ll always be with me. I told you that right? It’s fine even though if we don’t have a great house or even if I don’t get the things that I need. So as long as I have you Mom. We’re best partners right?” Mom looks at me teary eyed now and hugs me tight. “Wait! Mom! Can’t..breathe!”

“Mm. Thank you for staying and being with me ever since you’re born Sejoon. I really don’t know what I’ll do without you..”

I turn to her again and sigh. “Geez Mom, you’re such a crybaby.” She chuckles and wipe her tears away.

“Now now. There’s too much Mother and Son time here. I think I need my time with my wife now Sejoon.” Dad appears with Se Mi.

“You realize that I’m your son right Dad?” He chuckles and hugs Mom from behind. Mom smiles. I call Se Mi as I let her sit on my lap.

“Ah, this is nice.” Dad sighs and holds Mom’s hand while his other hugging both me and Se Mi. 

“I say this is too clumped.” Mom laughs.

“Oh my, Sejoon you’re going in the rebellious stage now?”

“Not really.” I lean back to them and hugged Se Mi. “It’s just this family is too cheesy.”

Se Mi looks at me. “You’re cheesy with Unnie too! With you giving her flo-“ I put my hand on and fake a laugh.

“Oh! Look at the stars! They’re pretty!”

Dad eyes me weirdly. “What’s wrong with being cheesy Sejoon? As long as you like the girl it doesn’t matter what everybody thinks right? Look at me.” 

I smile and shake my head. “Yeah, I know how crazy you are for Mom.”

I sit back and stare at the stars with all of them while they make fun of me with how I’ve been giving the daisies to Yu Ki every time. I agree with Dad but I think I’m just happy being with Yu Ki. Right now, I just want to treasure this moment since our family has been going happier and happier as time passes. I wished for this a long time ago, back when I had that strange birthday party that Uncle threw when Mom was still admitted in the hospital. 

I look up and smile. Grandpa, Grandma, are you seeing this now? I think you helped making my wish come true. Mom is smiling more now, and now I am with my Dad whom I’ve always wanted to be with ever since I was young. Though he’s not the type to be left at home, I still love him. Also, I get to have an amazing little sister whom we all care for so much. So I guess I’ll ask you to still watch for us okay? Even if time lapse happens, I’ll still treasure every single moment with the people I care for a lot.

F I N .


To everyone that has read up until this chapter, SUPER SUPER THANK YOU! I really appreciate it and all the love that you’re giving me for this story TT.TT I’m really glad that you all loved this story! All the comments that you gave for this story is super appreciated ^^ Then, until the next story everyone! Again, Thank you very very much and I love guys!

- Cheonsabyul <3