Chapter Thirteen

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T h i r t e e n.

B a e k h y u n

I stare at Mi Ho as she cries and shake telling me what happened three years ago. Three years ago, that guy was working as a reporter and was into my family aiming for good news to present the public. Apparently, the news that he blackmailed Mi Ho with is my Dad’s terminal illness that we’re all keeping to not be publicized. Mi Ho knows how much I wanted my Dad to be happy and live peacefully on his remaining days. Then he blackmailed her if she doesn’t meet him, he’ll release the news to the public which will cause an uproar. Mi Ho fell in his trap and find herself in a bed next to him the next day.

But I don’t think that’s the only case. Hearing that he has pictures earlier means that he plans on using it against me to be able release that news in public. That’s why she chose to leave me back then. He even touched Mi Ho, that bastard!

“I’m so sorry...” she said that multiple times already. I hate how she said those words because I can tell how much she’s scared and hurt at the same time. She doesn’t even remember anything. “I don’t think I deserve you when I slept with another guy Baekhyun... I’m so sorry..”

I reach over to her taking her hand pulling her to me. “Can you show me? The body that he touched.”

She looks surprised at first but she started ing her top as she sobs. I stare at her body and rage grew on me thinking how he touched her when she doesn’t deserved to be touched that way. I pull her against me and hugged her tight. “You don’t deserve to be touched that way. I hate how I just let that happened to you.”

She crying harder now. I look at her wiping her tears but they don’t stop. “Thank you, for protecting me back then, I’ll protect you now Mi Ho. So just let me do so okay?”

She sobs and nodded. I button her top back and kissed her forehead. “Shall we go get Sejoon? I would like you both to stay here for a while since that guy knows where you live.”

“But that’s-“ I hold her close and smiled at her.

“I’ll be his Dad.” She gasps putting her hand on .

“Baekhyun-“

“No matter whose blood he has, he’s still your son. I’ll be glad to be his father Mi Ho.” She cries harder and smiles as she shakes her head. I don’t like this smile.

“Thank you...” she wipes her tears and looks at me again. “But I can’t make you do that yet.”

“But why?”

She holds my cheeks. Her hands are so warm and it felt good. “Let me fix all of this first and I think it will all fall into place after that. If we’re really meant to be together, we’ll really be.”

“Mi Ho!” She stares at me with those eyes again and I sigh in defeat. I pat her head chuckling. “I never win against you do I?”

“It’s not always.” She chuckles back and gets off the bed. “I’ll go back now. I’ll see you tomorrow-“


I pull her back hugging her from behind. “Mm. I’ll be waiting Mi Ho.”

»« »« »«

I lie on my bed after taking a shower and smile remembering what happened earlier. Maybe that bastard getting out if prison is a blessing in disguise. I found out what really happened, that Mi Ho still loves me.

“Ah damn I miss her already!” I fall on the bed.

I can still smell her scent.

I flush sitting up. I sound like a ert right now! Oh right. I reach out for my phone on my night stand and dialed her number. “Hello?” Ah, her voice. This is so nice.

“Mi Ho.”

“Hm? Is something wrong?” I lie on my bed and continue to listen. “Baekhyun?” God she’s calling me by my name again. I’m going to lose my sanity. It’s just one night and everything that’s happening is just great.

“Keep talking.” I hear her chuckle.

“What should I say now?” She laughs. I miss hearing her laugh. All I see and hear since I met her is her cry and her voice that’s in fear.

“I love you.”

“Wha-“ I grin. I know that caught her off guard. She must be blushing right now. Ah, I want to see her blushing face. “Baekhyun...”

“I already said it, I’ll wait for you. So be quick and come back to me Kim Mi Ho.”

“Mm.”

“But don’t take your time, you know I am not a patient person.”

She laughs. “Will you stop waiting then?”

“Nope. I’ll come and get you by then.”

She sighs but I know she’s smiling. “Alright then.”

“Mm. Good night Kim Mi Ho.”

“Good night Baekhyun.”

I hang up and stare at the ceiling as my heart pounds so hard. It’s been a long time since it pounded this hard huh? I miss this feeling too.

»« »« »«

I wonder where I shall take Mi Ho for lunch today. She loved that seafood place where we ate lunch back then. But I really hate seafood so what to do?

“Someone’s in a pretty good mood today.” Chanyeol grins as he opens the door for me. “Did something happen yesterday?”

I smile getting out of the car. “Nothing much, I learned that patience really is a virtue.” He chuckles and closes the door. We walk to the entrance when I see Mi Ho. “Ah! Mi H-“

“Can I pick you up today?”

“I told you, there’s really no need to pick me up after work okay? You can head home.”

“But I would like to pick you up.” Mi Ho sighs and chuckles. “So, that’s a yes?”

“Do what you like. I’ll see you later.” She turns to Sehun as he lives smiling. That was just a scene of a husband driving his wife to work and watching her go in. I hate watching it when I prefer doing it.

I walk inside going to the elevator. “Oh! Can you hold it for us?” Chanyeol exclaimed making a run. He steps to the side and let me in first. I stop seeing Mi Ho inside.

“Oh, Mr. Byun! Good Morning!”

“Tch.” That again. Just when she started calling me by my name yesterday. What’s with the sudden formality again?! The elevator opens so I headed out and sat on my chair. The door opens as Chanyeol follows.

“That was a complete change of expression just minutes ago.” He utters and placed the tablet on my desk. “Here’s your schedule for today.”

I glance at Mi Ho. She looks happy. Is it because Sehun took her to work today? But she just told me how she feels yesterday! How can she be happy with that guy?! Pressing the button, I paged her in and watched as she do so. The door opens and she greeted me with her smile again. “Is there anything I can do for you Mr. Byun?”

I hear a sigh, it’s Chanyeol. “I’ll be taking my leave then.”

“Come closer.”

“Hm? Alright.” She walks to my side and I pull her close making her seat on my lap. “Mr. Byun! What are you doing?! Please let me go.”

“I refuse.” I grab her hand back and stare at her. “How can you smile at another guy after what happened last night-“ she covers my mouth with her hands and flush.

“H..How can you say it that way?! If somebody hears it, they might misunderstand your words!” She said whispering. I grin. Oh, she’s flustered. I love the flustered Mi Ho.

“I wouldn’t mind people misunderstanding things.” I grab a lock of her hair as I stare at her putting it on my lips. Her hair’s fragrant.

“Huck!” She got the hiccups. I smirk looking at her. She stands and bows. “I...I don’t think there’s something that I can- huck! do for now so I’ll take my leave!”

I smile watching her go back to her place. Oh, I gave her those hiccups alright. That’s even better than taking her to work in the morning.

»« »« »«

As I enter the shop, I look for Uncle finding him at the seat next to where you can see the scenery outside. I smile and approached him. "Do people like nature as they age?" I take my seat. He chuckles and sips on his coffee.

"It just reminds me of my son. He likes running around in grass while he plays." I frown. He must’ve missed his son who passed by young back then.

"He will be older than me now, if he didn't get sick." I reply. He smiles nodding.

"But I guess he's happy now since he's with her mother up there." I look at him and it reminds of Mi Ho. How can they smile despite of a loss? Two of them on top of it. He looks back at me then places his cup on the table. "Something good must've happened for you to be smiling like this again. It's been years since I last saw it.”

I look at the grass outside as I hear the wind blow. "Well, I didn't expect for it. One thing that I lost, my most important one, came back to me. And two of them makes it even better.” I face him. "That's why I asked you to meet today. I wanted to protect what's important to me so I am going to need your help uncle."

"Anything. What is it that you want my assistance for?"

"Can you find out more of this man for me?" I slide a picture on the table and he takes it.

"Hm? I haven't seen this man before."

"I wanted to know more about him. Can you do it for me uncle?"

He chuckles taking the picture. "I will if you will introduce that person to me."

I smile leaning back to my seat. "I guess it won't be long then, for you to meet her."

»« »« »«

After I returned from meeting Uncle, I find Mi Ho's seat empty. I look around but she's nowhere to be found. "Where is she?"

"Ugh, I hate it when this happens.." I hear a mumble and checked the pantry. I smile seeing her sitting on the floor. She took her shoes off. Oh she got the blisters again? I walk to her and took a look on her feet. "Mr. Byun!"

"Are these even the right size for you? You keep on getting blisters."

She pulls her feet back and looked around. "What are you doing?! Someone might see you!"

"Is there something wrong about my actions?"

"You just touched your employee's foot! That's wrong!"

"You're the girl that I love. Nothing's wrong with me touching you." I can see that she's taken back with what I said. This is amusing.

"W..Why are you always so shameless whenever you talk that way? And I don't think I agreed to that yet! Don't decide on your own!"

"Fine, fine." I grab her hand putting it around my neck and carried her on my arms. She gasps. "Now let's go and treat these feet."

"Wait! Baekhyun!" I freeze. She called me Baekhyun again. "What?"

"Call me that again." She realized what she just said and blushed. "Mi Ho."

"P..Put me down please. Someone might see.."

"Will you let me treat you if I put you down?"

"I will! I will okay? So just please put me down right now!" I smile and let her down gently. She picks her shoes and walks ahead of me. I chuckle at she staggered while walking so I follow her.

"Come here." I head inside my office and shut the blinds off. "What? You're turning red Kim Mi Ho."

"Why..Why'd you shut the blinds?" She gets cuter and cuter. I always find it amusing when she gets flustered by my actions. She may be smarter than me, but she's always weak when it comes to her emotions. I walk to her trapping her by the door and leaned close. "Wha-"

"Why? Do you find it odd for me to do that? What do you thing I'll do?" I breathe in her ear and I felt her shiver. I smile kissing her neck. "But sorry to disappoint you, I have loads of work over there so I'm just going to treat your feet and get back at it." I make her seat on the sofa and grab my first aid kit getting the bandages. I placed the ointment on my finger and damped it gently on the blister. "Does it h-" I look up to her surprised to see how much she's embarrassed and blushing right now. Why does she even look more beautiful at this state? "M..Mi Ho?"

She gasps covering her face. "I..I'm embarrassed right now so please don't look..."

Damn, I reached my limit. My body is already moving on its own.

I look down to her as she stares up at me while I'm top of her. "I already told you back then not to shake me when I am busy. What are you doing right now?" I lower myself to her neck. She flinches when my mouth touches her skin. "I've reached my limit Mi Ho- AH! WHAT THE HELL?!"

I felt a smack on my head. I turn seeing Chanyeol holding a folder on his hand. "I believe that your action is rather inappropriate Mr. Byun, you are so busy that you didn't even hear me coming in." Crap, he's mad. "And to find you harassing my friend makes it even worse. I am so disappointed. I even thought you the basics in ethics."

"H..Harassing- HEY ISN'T THAT TOO MUCH?! Hey! Mi Ho say something-"

"I'll be off then!" She stands putting her shoes on and hurries outside. I turn back to Chanyeol and he's looking at me intensely.

"It is such a relief that it's hasn't pass by my working hours yet, don't you agree Mr. Byun?"

I let out a nervous laugh and I nod. "Y..Yeah, I should get back to work."

"Yes you should. I should keep watch while I am at it." He smiles and pulls a chair beside me as he starts doing his work. Damn this guy.


UPDATE! The last scene is just too cute >•< anyways! I hope you all enjoy reading!! Till the next chapter everyone!!

 

- Cheonsabyul <3