Chapter Ten

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T  e  n .

M i   H o

My heart is still beating from earlier. He held me so close I think my chest is going to explode. I stare at the water soaking my body. My cheeks are still hot. But, he saw me that way. He’s the last person that I wanted to see me that way.. I slide on the tub letting my whole body sink in the water. Snap out of it Mi Ho. I hear a knock and I stand from the tub. When I slightly open the door, there’s a towel laid on door. It must be Baekhyun. There it goes again. My heart is thumping so hard! Snapping out of the thought, I dress myself and headed to the room finding Chanyeol placing Sejoon on the bed. GOD I FORGOT I AM A MOM FOR A WHILE.

“Thank you for taking care of him and I’m sorry for the burden.” He smiles patting me on the head.

“I had fun with him so it’s fine. How are you?” Oh I guess he’s talking about the rain. I smile telling him that I’m fine and he gives me a sigh of relief. “Sehun called a few times telling me that you’re not answering your phone. He got worried.”

“Oh, I just put it on charge. It died for a while so..” he was about to leave when he stops and turns to me again.

“Mi Ho, are you planning on finding out? About Sejoon’s dad that is.” He’s looking at me seriously. I wish I can answer that question but I don’t even know the answer myself. I want to but I can’t make myself to because I’m still too afraid to know. Just the thought about it makes me shake. “You know you’re not alone in this right?”

“I know.” I smile.

“Sehun, me, Minseok hyung and Joohyun. We are all here for you. And besides,” he looks at Sejoon and smiles. “I think he deserves to know to right?”

I nod in agreement. “Don’t worry, I’ll find out in time.”

“Mm. I’ll leave now then.” I nod watching him leave. I sit beside Sejoon and hug him as I watch him sleep. He seem to be enjoying this trip and I’m glad that he is. He fidgets a bit and his eyes opens looking at me.

“Did I wake you up?” He shakes his head no and hugs me. “Want me to play it?”

“You bought it with you?” I nod and walk to our luggage getting the music box. I open it and we both listen to the music as it plays. He smiles hearing the sound and I caress his head as I play it..

(AN: If you guys want to hear the song here's the link ^^ https://youtu.be/bc1vLr4Ujzg )

"Did you have fun today?"

"Mm. Everyone is so nice and Uncle Chanyeol rode the slide with me.." I smile seeing that he is getting drowsy as he tells me his story. The music always help me to put him in good sleep. I've been letting him hear it every since he's still in my womb. "And... I had fun with the car ahjussi too... He.. Is so nice Mom. I wish... daddy is just like him."

His eyes close as I put the covers on him. My heart is getting heavy again. Everything is just so hard for us both and I wish I can just ease the burden for Sejoon. His friends always ask him about his Dad and he gets it worse whenever it's family day. All that he ever replies is that his Dad is busy so he can't meet him yet. He sticks to the words I said ever since he's little. I can't keep him hanging and wait for someone who doesn't even know him. I wipe my tears away. I head to the kitchen and when I was about to open the door, Baekhyun's outside the door. We're both surprised and wide eyed.

"Mr. Byun."

"You still have that music box."

"You heard?"

"It's still playing." I just smile not knowing what to say because I'm afraid that if I do, I might just say the wrong words. "Why did you keep that?"

"I have no reason to throw it do I?"

He gives me a look of distaste and glares. "Should I get rid of it then?" I step on his way and hold him back. "Let me go. Just the sound of it pisses me off." I shut the door close for Sejoon not to hear this.

"Can't you just leave that to me? That's the only thing I have left."

He scoffs and rushes his fingers in his hair releasing a breath. I know that was selfish for me to say but I just can't let that music box go. "The only thing you have left? That's b*llsh*t. You only have one thing left while everything is still with me. that Mi Ho. You left a lot with me and you're saying you only have that sh*tty music box left-"

"You gave it to me already." I try to compose myself but my heart is breaking down already. Baekhyun's fuming in anger but I can't lose myself. If I do, I will lose what I have left too. He punched the wall behind me as he glares at me. "I'm so sorry..."

"You're saying that now? That's too late." He releases a breath and leaves. When he left I broke down but I cover my mouth so Sejoon won't hear. I turn seeing traces of blood on the wall where Baekhyun punched earlier.

"I'm so sorry... I really am..."

»« »« »«

It's been days since the trip and Baekhyun is back to his cold self. He doesn't look nor talk to me except when it's work related. I know this is for the best but it still hurts. We managed to be stable for a while but I made him upset again. The phone rings and I answer it.

"Bring me the file that was sent earlier."

"Oh, oka-" before I was even finished talking Baekhyun hang up on me. I sigh heading to the printer and waited for everything to finish then bring it to Baekhyun. When I enter, Chanyeol's inside bringing his tea. Oh, so he didn't ask that of me today either huh? "Here's the file that you asked Mr. Byun-"

"Leave." He takes the folder and said. I bowed. My phone rings so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Now you finally answered it yourself. I got so tired when it’s Chanyeol always answering the phone for you." I freeze at the familiar voice. I look at my phone and the number is not registered. "Hello? Earth to Mi Ho? Do you recognize me?"

I started to shake and I drop my phone. I can't breathe. "What are you doing? I told you to leave."

"Y..Yes, I'm sorry." I grab my phone but my body just keep on shaking. I have to get back and take my medicine. I just.... I-

"Mi Ho? Are you okay?" Chanyeol approached me. "You're pale. What's wrong?" My phone rings again. It's the same number. It's him. "Hey, Mi Ho?"

I can't breathe. I grab my collar loosening it and take a deep breath. "I'm fin-" just then, my vision blackened.

»« »« »«

I open my eyes finding myself in a hospital room. I sit up in panic. Why am I here?! "Mi Ho!" Sehun rushes to my side and holds me. "Are you okay?!"

"What happened?"

"You tell me. Chanyeol just called me saying he rushed you here after seeing you faint!"

"I fainted-" I remember why I fainted so I look for my phone but I can't find it anywhere. "My phone, where's my phone?!"

"Calm down will you?" I turn to the front door seeing Baekhyun come in.

"Hyung."

"I need to talk to her alone. Can you leave us for a while?"

"What is it that you need to say to her? Why do you even care when you keep on treating her badly-" I hold Sehun's hand shaking my head.

"Just for a while. I'm fine now okay?"

"Mi Ho-" I squeeze his hand and he sighs in defeat. He leaves the room the room shutting the door close.

"Who was it that called you last?" He ask staring straight at me. I ball my hands to a fist to keep them from shaking. I can still hear his voice in the phone earlier. "Mi Ho."

"No one. Can I have my phone back?"

"Do you still have no intention of telling me? I can just hack this phone open and see who called you that made you react like that!"

"It has nothing to do with you okay? I'm just your secretary so-"

"Shut up." I look at him in surprise. "First you appear in front of me having a kid, then I find out you still have that stupid music box. Then you go collapsing in front of me and I can't make myself to touch you because I hate you so much. HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU NEED ME TO HURT MI HO?!"

He's crying. He can't cry. I don't want him to cry. It hurts to see him cry.

"I still care for you despite the hatred that I have for you. At least let me know what's hurting you..." He falls on his knees on the side of the bed bad I can't make myself to touch him. The door opens and Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun.

"Get up."

"Why do you care?"

"GET THE UP!" I flinch at Chanyeol's voice.

"Chan, don't shout at him please-"

"Don't make yourself weaker Baekhyun. You managed to stand up after those years. Now get up!" Baekhyun shoves Chanyeol's hand off him and leaves the room. Chanyeol sighs seating beside the bed. "The one who called you, it's him wasn't it?"

I look at him in surprise. "We both know. We're trying to find him." Sehun enters the room.

"What are you saying?"

"That time when I asked to attend a business after receiving a call, that call was his. That's the reason why I wanted you to forward to me all the unknown calls and emails because I don't want to tell you unless I confirmed it was him."

My hand is shaking again. Sehun holds it and looks at me in worry. "I'm sorry. I told Hyung to keep it from you because I know you'll be like this-"

"Sejoon, does he know about Sejoon?!"

"No, I don't think he does." I let out a shaky breath.

"Mi Ho, we can find out now. We just need to find him and do the test."

"Hyung! Are you stupid?! Mi Ho and Sejoon are fine with how they are right now! How can you even say that?!"

"I know that was selfish, but Sejoon needs to know who his father is."

My eyes are getting blurry from the tears that are blocking my eyes right now. I wipe it with the sleeves of my blouse and inhaled. I have to be strong. "If we do, can I talk to him first?"

"Mi Ho! How can you say that?!"

"Chanyeol's right Sehun," I smile. "I just have to put an end to this. I can't keep on being like this forever."

He sighs. "If I say no, you'll still go for it don't you?" I chuckle. "Alright, but promise me you'll tell me if you ever find him first. I have to go with you."

I nod. "I promise."

»« »« »«

Ever since the day he called, I've been paranoid. Every call from the company phone, every ring that I hear, I just started to shake. I worry about leaving Sejoon out of might sight because I'm scared that something might happen to him when I am not around. My phone rings when I placed it at my desk and I flinch at the sound. I started shaking again. I can't keep on taking my medicine to calm me down because at this state, I might die from it before I even meet that person again.

"Hello?"

"Mi Ho, it's me." Chanyeol. I sigh in relief. "Can I ask you a favor? Something came up. I don't think I'll be able to take Baekhyun home. Can you drive him for me and wait there? I'll head there when I finish and drive you home."

"But.."

"I know your situation right now, but I can't call anyone but you. I'm sorry."

"Alright, I'll do it."

"Thank you. And don't leave there until I arrive okay? We can't be careless at a time like this."

"Mm. Okay." We both hang up and I sigh. I worry about what will happen between Baekhyun and me. We haven't talked again ever since I got home from the hospital yesterday. I wonder if it will be fine. I stand entering his office. He looks busy and doesn't even look at me when I entered. "Um.. Chanyeol can't drive you home today so I'll do it instead."

I wait for a reply but he's not replying. He stands taking his coat and headed to the door. "What are you doing? Aren't you driving?"

"Oh, um-"

As I expected, this ride is so awkward. I think my ears will explode with the silence surrounding us. I stop when the light changed to red and put on neutral. Baekhyun's looking afar as I look at him from the rear mirror. I'm sure he's still hurt from yesterday. He cried. He doesn't cry in front of others. Just... In front of me. And he did it again after a long time. The light changed and it turned to green so I switch to drive heading to his house. When we arrive his house, I was about to open the door for him when he got out on his own and headed inside.

"He can't afford to be with me just for a while huh?" I was thinking on waiting inside but I don't think that's a good idea. I wanted to talk to him but I'm sure that the topic that I don't want to talk about will come up and he'll just get mad again. I sit on the stairs and waited for Chanyeol. "Oh god it's cold." I sit on my hands as I warm myself up but the wind just keeps on blowing. The door opens. I stand seeing Baekhyun.

"What the hell are you doing out here?"

"Oh, Chanyeol told me to wait for him so-"

"So you're planning on passing out again?"

"That's not-" he kicks the door open.

"Get in before I drag you on your feet." I have no choice do I? I don't intend on making this any bigger so I just did as I was told. My eyes drop to his hand. He still hasn’t done anything on it.

"Mr. Byun."

"What?"

"Where do you put your medicine box?"

"At that cabinet. What do you-" I walk over to the cabinet and grab the box. I put it down at the table and pull a chair in front of me.

"I know you might not want me to touch you but it'll be just a while. Just for three minutes. Let me treat your hand."

"I don't need it."

"I promise I won't talk or even get near you. Just please let me treat your hand."

He sighs putting his mug down and sits in front of me. I take his hand and it's pretty wounded. It must've hurt. I place ointment in his hand I feel his hand wince when I applied it. It's so hard to hold back right now after what I've said earlier.

"Are you fine now?" He speaks breaking the silence. I look at him and his eyes are filled in worry. I smile and nodded. "That smile again. Don't give me that."

I chuckle. "You're the only one who can tell between these smiles." His expression changes. Crap, I told him I won't even talk. "So..Sorry. I won't talk anymore-" I hear a phone ring. I shake again and look at my phone. It's not mine.

"It's mine." He says standing up, picking his phone that's on his pocket. He's eyes furrowed looking at his phone.

"Is something wrong Mr. Byun?"

"Just an unknown number. Guess I have to-" I gasp taking the phone from him and looked at the number. "Hey! What are you-"

"It's the same..." My hand is starting to shake even more.

"Mi Ho? You're shaking! Is it the same person who called you the last time?"

"T..That's-" He takes the phone from me and was about to answer it when I hold him preventing him not to take the call. "No! Please... just don't take it.. I'm begging you.."

He puts the phone down and hugs me. I hold him close to me. This is wrong but his warmth calms me down. "I won't take it so don't cry. It's okay. I'm here." He brushes his hand on my back. I miss this. But even though how much I've been wanting this, I can't if I don't fix my problem first. If I don't all the years that I sacrificed will just end up to nothing.

The door opens so we both turn to it. "MI HO?!" Chanyeol enters chasing his breath.

"What's wrong with you?" Baekhyun asked letting me go. Chanyeol sigh in relief seeing me and holds on the wall.

"It's a relief that you’re safe." He pats my head.

"Is something wrong?" I ask. We hear a phone notification but it's neither mine nor Chanyeol's.

"Mi Ho, that guy-"

"Mi Ho, what is this?" I turn to Baekhyun showing me his phone and a message from that person.

 

Byun Baekhyun was it? I know you haven't met me yet nor know me but I know something that you wanted to know for a while now. Why Kim Mi Ho left you for three years.

 


UPDATE! Sooo, the thrill is coming hahah! It just get so exciting isn't it? I was actually feeling the thrill as I write this chapter ^^ hope y'all enjoyed it though hehe! And! If you listened to the link Inposted, it's Ao Haru Ride's "I will" <3 I don't know if you all have watched or even read the manga but if you still haven't, OH MY GOSH. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO!! The movie's nice too though still prefer the manga. I hope you listened to it as you read because it can make you feel the "feels" more haha"

- Cheonsabyul <3