Chapter Fifteen

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   F i f t e e n .

M i   H o

Glancing at the clock it's fifteen minutes to four. Less than an hour until I can go home. I smile and keep working. Alright, we'll finish this now! Chanyeol stands from his seat surprised and ran to my direction. "Is something wrong?"

"Mi Ho, Sehun collapsed!"

My eyes widen in surprise as I find my phone in my desk. There are four missed calls from Sehun. I tried to call his number but he's not answering. "Where is he?!"

"Minseok hyung said he tried to call you but you're not answering. But they said he's at his apartment." I grab my bag and phone heading out.

"Sorry Chan, but can you just tell Mr. Byun about this?" He smiles nodding.

"I will."

"Thanks!"

I ran to the elevator when it opens I never knew it closes this slow. Sehun, please be okay... It feels like I am in a marathon because as soon as the elevator opens I ran out but something made me stop on my way out. It's raining. How can I go at this rate? I gasp feeling a hand on mine and as I look to my side I saw Baekhyun.

"We'll take my car." A car pulls upfront and came out Chanyeol in it. He lowers the window smiling.

"Get in." Baekhyun pulls me with him and pushes me inside the car.

"You don't have to do this, I can go by myself."

"In this rain?" I can't make myself talk because it's true. I instruct Chanyeol how to go to Sehun's apartment. When we got there, he dropped us both first and we headed up. Please be okay Sehun... When I open the door I find no one in here. I thought my brother was here? Where is he?

"Sehun?" I call. I hear something rumbled on the kitchen so I ran there. "Sehun!"

"Mi Ho." He says. I ran to him and touched his cheeks. He seems fine. I continue to check his body when I see him smile. "It's nice to see you panic over me once in a while-"

"STOP JOKING!" Why am I shaking? "If something happens to you I..." He smiles pulling me to a hug.

"I'm sorry that I scared you. But I won't die that easily you know? I still have to look after you." He releases me and I sigh. I'm glad he's alright.

"Why did you collapse anyway? And where's Oppa?"

"Lack of sleep and I told him I can manage on my own. He has Sejoon with him. Besides, it will be bad if he sees him here." His cold eyes darted behind me as he stared at Baekhyun. "You should return now Hyung. Thank you for taking Mi Ho here."

"Sehun!" He looks at me coldly and holds my hand tight.

"Why? Are you going back to him after everything that has happened to you? Does he have any idea how much you've suffered all those years?"

"I'll see you tomorrow Mi Ho."

"Ah, Baekh-" he turns with his shoulders slumped. Baekhyun... I felt a squeeze at my hand. "Sehun."

"You can't Mi Ho. He doesn't know what you've been through. All those years he hated you thinking about himself. He's not at your side... I'm the one who has been by yours side Mi Ho! Only me-"

"Stop." He looks at me in surprise and was about to say something when I pulled my hand back. I sigh and pat his head. "I'll pretend you didn't say that. It's because you’re sick. Now let's get you to rest okay?"

We went back to his room and I pull the covers back at him and headed to the door. "I love you." I shut my eyes closed. I'll pretend I didn't hear that either.

»« »« »«

On my way out, I don't know if it's just me or do I see Baekhyun from the other side of the sidewalk? The lights turn green so I ran to him and see him looking at the building where Sehun is residing.

"What are you doing?"

"Wha-" he flinches and stands. "You're here!" His lips are chipped. Is he here that long? I hold his cheeks, damn they're cold. "What?"

"Have you been here since Sehun kicked you out?"

"Excuse me, he didn't kick me out. I chose to leave." I laugh. This pride of him really. He reaches out and holds my neck with both of his hands. "That's better. I was freezing."

"Why didn't you go home?"

"I was worried you'll spend the night there so I waited. If you didn't come out I'll get you out of there. You just spared my energy from getting up there again." He pulls me towards him and hugs me tight. "I let it go this time because he's sick but don't go there again."

"Baekhyun."

"Hm?" He releases me and looks at me in the eye. I smile holding his cheeks. I love him so much but I don't think he deserves me despite of having another guy touch me that way. He frowns. "You, I told you I hate that smile."

"I-" he leans forward and kisses me. My eyes widen in surprise. He pulls back and glares at me. "What'd you do that for?! And all of a sudden?"

"I don't want to hear what's going to come out in that mouth of yours."

"But-"

"I won't let go of you again got that? I told you that I'll wait and I will not be taking no as an answer." He holds my hand kissing it. "If you're worrying about whether I deserve you or not, it's the other way around. I may be selfish by thinking that you don't deserve me for the hatred I had for you all these years, but I am telling you this." He holds my neck as he meets his forehead with mine smiling. "I am the only man that deserves you Mi Ho."

I flush with his words drowning me. I really love him so much. I smile nodding. I can't say it yet because I promised myself that I'll fix myself first before going back to him. He deserves that at least. "Now let's go. I shall ride the public transportation that you ride and be like a normal citizen for today."

I chuckle following him. I agree, I may say that he's the only man that deserves me at least.

»« »« »«

We arrive at home. I guess Unnie is here with Sejoon now. It will be fine if Unnie will see Baekhyun but if Minseok Oppa sees him, it will definitely be bad.

“I’m back!” As soon as I announced my return, Unnie walks to the entrance and smiles. But her smile disappears as soon as she sees Baekhyun. “Unnie, about this I-“

“This is bad Mi Ho! Hide him now! I’ll distract Minseok so go!” My eyes widen in surprise and grabbed Baekhyun.

“What’s happening?!”

“I’ll explain later!” I pull him to a room and shut the door close. I didn’t expect Oppa to be here at this time!

“Mi Ho?” I turn seeing him. I stand straight but my heart is thumping hard right now. This is bad. I have to somehow make him leave as soon as possible!

“O..Oppa!” He walks close to me and holds my cheek.

“You’ve gotten thin.” He sighs then hugs me. “I’m sorry I haven’t been able to visit you often. I was busy with work.” I smile. I don’t want him to be burdened with Sejoon and me because he already have a family to take care of on his own. I just want him to enjoy and be happy with his life right now since Sejoon and I almost took his chance to be able to have fun half of his life. I took a lot of time to those people around me because of what happened. Especially Sehun. I feel apologetic that I can’t reciprocate his feelings for me but I don’t want to hurt him so I think this is better instead.

“I’m fine Oppa. So don’t worry about us anymore okay?”

He sighs again. “Mi Ho, are you going to tell me something?”

“Hm? Am I?”

He pauses for a moment and hesitates but he talked still. “I know, that you’re working for that guy’s family. I just hope that you’re not working close to him, you’re not aren’t you?”

I freeze. If I say yes, he will surely go to Baekhyun and kill him. I don’t want that. I need to sort things out now. “No, no I’m not.”

He gives me a sigh of relief and nods. “Good. I don’t think I can forgive that guy when you almost died.” I gasp. Baekhyun can’t hear this!

“Oppa! Shouldn’t you be back now? I know Yoon Bi must be waiting for you both!”

“Alright. I will come by another time. Take care until I come back.”

I smile nodding and walk them both up to the door. Unnie gives me a smile of relief and I mouthed a thank you. I don’t know what would’ve happen is she wasn’t the one who welcomed me back home. After they have left, I ran back to my room where Baekhyun is and found him sitting on my bed. He stared at me and stands as he walked closer. “What did he meant by it when he said that you almost died?”

I wished he didn’t heard that but I was mistaken. Things really do happen at the worse time. “It was nothing really. He just over reacted.”

His expression didn’t change and just nodded to my answer. “I see.” He was silent for a moment when he excused himself saying that he’ll go back now. I told him he can stay over for the night but he resisted. I don’t have a good feeling about this though.


UPDATE! Thank you for the new subscribers and upvotes! It really made me happy that you guys are enjoying this story ^^ well, I hope you enjoyed this one too ;) leave your comments okay?

 

-Cheonsabyul <3