Chapter One

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   O ne .

M i   H o

Have you ever heard of what they call mid-life crisis? That moment when you’re enjoying what it’s like to have your youth. Going to school, getting used to that same old routine every day. Having your allowance everyday and not worrying about where to get the money that you need to have the food that you’re craving for because you always get enough from your providers, your parents. But then one moment, you wake up from reality realizing that life is much more than you expected.

I now understand what that is. Finishing your studies one moment you have that dream but you suddenly realize is it really what’s meant for you? I’m still figuring that out right now but for the meantime, I’ve decided, I’ll just go with the flow and let time carry me where I am destined to go. I’m Kim Mi Ho twenty-seven years old and still figuring out what life has to offer for me.

I smile at my reflection at the mirror because it’s always been like this. I’ve learned that if I can’t be optimistic, I’ll make my day useless and I’ve decided I do not want that anymore. Because I have what I treasure the most after all.

“Mi Ho.” My door opens and I saw Sehun all dressed up for work. I smile leaning on the wall as I stare at him.

“You will never learn do you? Noo-na. I’m older than you.” He enters my room and places his hand on my head.

“I’m taller than you and I’m an adult now. I can do what I want. Besides, I have a job now.”

I chuckle. “Satisfy yourself.” I tie my hair up and head to the next room seeing my treasure still asleep.

“Will you he be alright with Noona? It’s his first time after all.”

“He will be. We went there yesterday and he had fun with Unnie. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Besides, I have to work hard to be able to make him live. I can't always count on my brother.” He rolls to the other side and sees me. He sits up and smiles. “Hello there.”

Sejoon reaches for me and I carried him. “Mommy..”

“Good morning to you too.” Sehun walks closer and played with Sejoon. “Look, your Uncle’s here again.” Sejoon laughs as Sehun plays with him.

“I’ll switch my work if I’ll be able to play with Sejoon all day.” He reaches carrying Sejoon and I laugh. I’m curious about his work too but he won’t tell me what it is. He just said, I’ll tell you soon.I walk over the closet and picked up the clothes that Sejoon will be wearing then grab his bag.

“Oh my, look at this happy family.” I turn seeing my brother and his wife. I smile as he walks to me hugging me. “Is everything ready?”

I nod. “Yeah, everything’s here and I’ll pick him up after work. But if you need me just call me-“

He puts his hands on my shoulder then looks straight to my eyes. “Kim Mi Ho, I thought you trust my wife on this?”

“I do but I’m also a mother here Oppa.”

I hear Sehun laugh as he plays with Sejoon. “Minseok hyung, that girl just worry about everything. I’m surprised you’re not used to that yet.”

My brother pats my head and puts on his worried look which he always gives me whenever I am going through something new in my life. Today, will be my first day working and full-time job ever since I finished college and he’s nervous about how it’ll turn out though I told him not to worry about it.

“You sure you’ll be okay?”

I nod hugging him. “I will be.” I turn to Sejoon and he’s smiling. “You think Mommy will do a good job?”

He laughs when I tickled him and nods. “I love you Mommy!”

I smile. I once gave it a thought why my Mom always wanted me to tell him that I love her and that she demands a lot of kisses whenever I see her. Now I know why because it’s from your child. Everything that comes from your child is precious and you’ll just cherish it forever.

I hand Sejoon to Joohyun Unnie and she smiles at him. “Auntie will take care of you while Mommy works okay?”

“Goodness look how cute you are!” I smile waving at him and Unnie gives me that reassuring look. “I’ll take care of her Mi Ho so don’t worry okay? Just do your best at work today.” I nod. “Now go or you’ll be late!”

I kissed Sejoon goodbye and headed out with Sehun. He turns the car on and started driving. I take a deep breath calming myself. I know I’m being positive and all but I can’t help but to be nervous about this after all. It’s a big company and being the secretary of the an executive is a big job.

We reach the company and Sehun pulls over to the side. “Hand.” He says.

“What for?”

“Just do it.” I hand him my hand and he takes it bringing it close to his mouth. I flush at his action. “You’ll do great. I know you will.”

I smile. “Thanks.” He smiles nodding. I open the door getting off. Sehun opens the window looking at me.

“Will you date me now?” I laugh.

“No.” He laughs this time. “Go now.” He nods waving at me as I turn. I face the door and entered. My heart is beating twice as fast now and I have to make this day good. I enter the elevator pressing the twentieth floor and waited. While the elevator goes up, I take deep breaths to calm myself down. I’m doing this for Sejoon after all.

I get off the lift and headed to the room where the HR asked me to go. “Good Morning.. um..”

“Oh! Are you Kim Mi Ho?” She stands walking close to me and I nod smiling. “You’re here!!”

I smile and greeted her again. “Nice to meet you and I’m really thankful for this opportunity!”

“That’s nothing! You got a great recommendation that’s why!”

“Recommendation?” Come to think of it, I was actually surprised that I got a good position considering that this is my first job. When I was about to ask more, someone entered the room and talked to the HR.

“Oh, that’s your call! The CEO is here! Let’s get you introduced!”

“C..CEO?!” I was told that I’m going to be a secretary but I didn’t expect it to be the CEO of a huge company. We make our way to the office. I keep my head low as much as I can because CEOs are just like kings in this country and deserves to be respected.

“Good day Mr. Byun! I have brought your secretary as you asked.” She faces me and smiled. “Introduce yourself.”

“Ah, yes!” I cleared my throat mustering all my courage. I can do this. For Sejoon! “Good Morning! I’m Kim Mi Ho and I’ll be your secretary! I’ll be in your care!”

“Nice to meet you.” I continue to register what he said because just now I think that voice sounds familiar to me. I stand straight looking at the person who’s the owner of this entire building and who’s also the person who I’ve been avoiding the most.


Hello everyone! Okay, so you're all might be wondering why Sehun isn't the lead... But I just can't resist making Baekhyun the one haha! So, I'll try again next time! HAHAHA! Baekhyun's just my bias in EXO.... You all understand right? Hahah! But I hope you'll enjoy this story too ^^ I'll be looking forward to your comments okay? :)

- Cheonsabyul <3 <3