-8-

Mischievous fate

Siwon is successful in avoiding Yesung for next few days. He is working hard so he will be able to leave the hospital as soon as possible. Unfortunately Yesung started a hunger strike. 

 

“Please, you need to eat so you can leave this hospital.”

Doctor Lee is holding a spoon with soup close to Yesung’s lips but the patient doesn’t make any move. The doctor gave up after few minutes and then goes in his office. He is desperate because he doesn’t know what to do with Yesung. He is thinking hard until a knocking on door of his office disturbed him.

 

“Come in.”

 

Sungmin is even more annoyed because Siwon came inside. He is done working for today and came in the doctor’s office so he can sign a confirmation about how many hours did he work today. Siwon sees that the doctor is angry and tired so he wants to quickly leave and go home.

 

“Why aren’t you visiting Yesung anymore? You seemed like a good friends.”

 

Siwon is surprised by this question and froze. How can he answer this question without saying truth?

 

“He needs someone to lean on.”

 

Sungmin sighed and Siwon sees the exhausted man who is inside the usually scary looking doctor. They are silent for a while and Sungmin sighed again.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

Siwon doesn’t know why he is asking him. Maybe that he is worried about the doctor because he has never seen him so sad. 

 

“Yesung doesn’t have an insurance anymore. No money left and boss wants me to kick him out. Facilities for disabled which are run by the government are full, it will take few weeks or months to find a place for him.”

 

Siwon thinks that head of this hospital is a because you can’t kick someone who is blind and wants to kill themself. 

 

“Does he have some family?”

 

Sungmin chuckled and looked on Siwon.

 

“He has an aunt who is 60 and she has a cancer. I don’t want to sound rude but she is going to die in few months.”

 

Sungmin wants to scream because people like Siwon has so much money that they aren’t able to understand to troubles of regular people. Siwon is imagining Yesung living on street and knows that Yesung would kill himself immediately after being left alone. In back of Siwon’s head is a voice which is telling him what he has to do now so he turned to the depressed doctor and cleared his throat.

 

“He can stay with me.”