-24-

Mischievous fate

Siwon is sitting in an interrogation room with his wrist handcuffed and secured to a metal ring in the desk of a metal table. Cops were asking him thousands of questions and Siwon couldn’t have lied any longer. He told them everything. About the party and the alcohol and drugs they took, about how they got in the car and then Jisung ignored the red lights. Siwon told everything about the car accident and how they ran away from there. He told how his and Jisung’s father paid to cover their son’s actions. 

 

The policemen are shocked by his statement and don’t even need to interrogate Jisung who is apathetic. Both their fathers sent an army of lawyers to save them but Siwon has already confessed to everything. Now he isn’t scared of court or prison. He has only one wish - he wants to see Yesung. He has no news about him since the police dragged him away.

 

Ryeowook almost collapsed after hearing what happened and that Siwon was in the car which killed Yesung’s family. On the other hand, Yesung is back in the hospital. Sungmin can’t believe his ears after the police asked him about how Yesung and Siwon met. Sungmin is shocked after seeing Yesung back in his hospital and immediately hurries to help him. Yesung is in a coma and there is quite a big chance that his brain was damaged because of the few minutes he wasn’t breathing. Sungmin can’t rid of the feeling that he is the culprit. He let Siwon take Yesung with him, there was no place for Yesung so Sungmin thought that it was a good idea. Now he can only cry. 

 

Yesung doesn’t feel any pain. He is in the middle of nowhere. His body is in the hospital but his mind is in a special place. At first, that place was empty but then his mom appeared.

 

“Mom!”

 

Yesung runs to his mom and wrapped his arms around her.

 

“What are you doing here mom!”

 

His mother smiles at him but then frowns.

 

“No, what are YOU doing here?”

 

Yesung hugs her tightly and looks in her face. 

 

“Mom, I missed you so much. And I miss dad and brother too.”

 

His mother kissed him on the forehead and wipes her son’s tears.

 

“I miss you too but this place isn’t for you. You can’t be here.”

 

Yesung grips her hand and shakes his head no.

 

“I don’t want to go back, I loved Siwon but he lied to me. I don’t want to wake up, I want to be with you.”

 

His mom sighed and his hair.

 

“Will your grief brings us back? You fall in love with Siwon before knowing what he did and it shows that even if he did a mistake, he is still a very good and kind man.”

 

Yesung is crying because he loves Siwon but he played a part in the murder of his family. He can’t forget about that.

 

“What did we teach you? To err is human, to forgive divine. You must not suffer for the rest of your life.”

 

His mother smiled again and takes a few steps back.

 

“Yesung, go back. Nothing can bring us back and you need to live again, be happy again. Do it for us, okay?”

 

Yesung tries to hug her again but she is moving back. Yesung started to run toward her but out of nowhere some visible force grabbed him and pulls him away from her. Yesung is screaming and suddenly opened his eyes. He is blinking a few times but the darkness in front of his eyes stayed. He remembers that he is blind and calmed down a bit. He hears some beeping and suddenly a warm soft hand landed on his forehead. 

 

“Yesung, you are in hospital. Everything is going to be okay.”

 

Ryeowook spent the last two weeks in the hospital room with Yesung in coma and today he finally saw those dark eyes opening. Yesung wants to speak but something is blocking his throat and he can’t lift his hand to get rid of it. Ryeowook Yesung’s cheeks and holds his hands.

 

“There is a breathing tube in your throat and helps you to breathe. So leave it there.”

 

Yesung whined but Ryeowook is great in calming him down. Yesung fell asleep and Ryeowook feels huge anxiety being lifted off his shoulders. Yesung is awake but that’s the only good thing. Ryeowook knows the news about Siwon who was sentenced to 3 years in prison. His sentence isn’t higher because he helped to Yesung and also confessed to his crimes, moreover he wasn’t the one driving. Siwon almost pissed his pants after gates off prison locked behind him. He got a cell with three more men, luckily he is in ward where aren’t the worst criminals but he still remembers the movies about prison. Getting rapped in showers, being bullied by other prisoners. Siwon knows that he has to suffer for what he did. He only hopes that Yesung is okay. 

 

Yesung’s brain is damaged. Sungmin and Ryeowook are watching his struggling with broken hearts. Yesung started to have difficulties with memory, he couldn’t remember the name of his dog or his birthday. Ryeowook took Yesung in his small flat. It isn’t something luxurious, there is one bigger room which is a kitchen connected with the living room and Ryeowook has only one bedroom so he needed to buy a second bed. Kkoming survived Jisung’s attack and Yesung is happy to have his friend back. This place is completely new so Yesung is often bumping into things and walls. Ryeowook is doing everything to make this place also Yesung’s home but it is hard. Yesung is overwhelmed by this new place, it is too noisy and not very modified for a blind person. Yesung stumbled his toes over thresholds countless times which isn’t only pain in his life. Chronic migraine also appeared and Yesung doesn’t know what to do about the pain which is crushing his skull. No matter how much Ryeowook or Sungmin tries, the pain is still taking Yesung’s determination to live. And then one day Yesung asked about Siwon. 

 

Ryeowook explained where is Siwon now and Yesung wants to see him … well, meet him. Ryeowook drives to the prison and leaded Yesung inside. He is using his white cane while Ryeowook is keeping his hand on his back. Yesung goes alone in a small visiting room where is already sitting nervous Siwon. He is watching Yesung who shakily found the table and put his cane down. Siwon carefully grabs his small hand in his and runs his thumb over Yesung’s flawless skin.

 

“How are you doing?”

 

Yesung shrugged and nervously plays with hem of his hoodie.

“I am living with Ryeowook. It is fine.”

 

Siwon nodded because at least Yesung isn’t alone while he is locked here. He can’t be mad on Ryeowook that he is now the one who can see Yesung anytime, who can take care of him and made him laugh. Yesung is babbling about what he does everyday, what Ryeowook cooks for him and how is Kkoming doing. After some time a guard standing behind Siwon pointed on the clocks on the wall. 

 

“I will need to go again. The time is up.”

 

Yesung suddenly grips Siwon’s hands and few tears left his eyes.

 

“No! Stay for a bit longer.”

 

Siwon is surprised that Yesung still wants to be with him but then leaned closer to him. His lips locked the distance between them and Siwon kissed Yesung. Their lips stayed together for a minute until the guard tapped on Siwon’s shoulder. Siwon groaned and Yesung is now really crying and desperately holds his big hands.

 

“You can’t leave me again! I want to be with you again, please!”

 

Siwon lifted his head up and smiles widely. He knows that Yesung can’t see his smile or tears of happiness in his eyes but he still holds his head for few more seconds before the guard forced him to move.

 

“I would love to be with you again. This time without secrets and lies.”

 

 

THE END