-12-

Mischievous fate

In the morning Siwon woke up unusually early because of ringing door bell. It takes him a while to get out of his bed but he is finally opening the front door where is standing a smiling man.

 

“Hi, I am Ryeowook. I am the nurse who was sent here by doctor Lee.”

Siwon’s brain is trying to wake up to understand human language and then he let the man inside. 

 

“Where do I find Kim Yesung?”

 

Ryeowook looked around because doctor Lee said that he is going to take care of a blind young man. Siwon said that Yesung is probably still sleeping. He is amazed that this nurse is here for only few minutes and he has already found the kitchen. Siwon is watching Ryeowook who is cooking breakfast and then put the food on a tray.

 

“So where can I find his room?”

 

Siwon said where he can find Yesung’s room and then Ryeowook heads there. He knocked on the door few times and walked inside.

 

“Good morning!”

 

Yesung is startled because this is a completely new voice. He pressed the soft blanket closer to his body. Ryeowook sees that he is scared so he quickly grabs his small hand.

 

“I am Kim Ryeowook and I am a nurse, I am here to take care of you. Doctor Lee sent me.”

 

Yesung calmed down a bit and Ryeowook grabs the tray with breakfast again. 

 

“I cooked a breakfast for you. Do you know the minute hand on a clock? On 12 is a bowl with fruit salad, then there is a cutlery, a plate with scrambled eggs and bacon and next to it are toasts and in the left corner is a glass of orange juice.”

 

Yesung is still a bit dazed, he woke up only few minutes ago and there is already a breakfast. Yesung grabs the cutlery and started to eat. The food is really delicious and Ryeowook started to move the furniture a bit. He sees many sharp corners and also the stairs are very dangerous. He also needs to lock away everything which could Yesung use to hurt himself. Luckily the windows can’t be opened but there are still doors on the terrace which he needs to lock. Ryeowook waits for Yesung to finish the breakfast and then put the tray away.

 

“What would you like to do today?”

 

Yesung only shrugs and Ryeowook is already helping him out of the bed. 

 

“I think that we should buy you some clothes and other things.”

 

Ryeowook is already undressing him and then takes fresh clothes and helped him to get dressed again. Yesung has no time to protest and Ryeowook is already putting on his shoes. 

 

“Mister Choi is busy for sure but we need some money. And keys.”

 

Siwon handed him his credit card without a single word and waved to them. Siwon is really busy because he works in his father’s company so he is happy that he doesn’t need to worry about Yesung. Ryeowook is slowly leading Yesung to the elevator and then smiled. 

 

“It takes 120 steps to get to the elevator, okay?”

 

They got out of the building and the first thing they need to buy is a white cane so Yesung can walk around on his own. Ryeowook is going to teach him how to use it, after all he is a specialist in taking care of blind patients. Later he will teach him how to use Braille.

 

It takes a long while to choose the best white cane and Yesung doesn’t want to say that he is going to kill himself really soon. Then Ryeowook takes Yesung in few shops with clothes and shoes. Before lunch time they take taxi home and this time Ryeowook pushed the white cane in Yesung’s small hand. 

 

“Try to walk through the hall on your own, this will help you so you won’t bump into something.”

 

Yesung shakes his head no and pushed the cane back to Ryeowook.

 

“No.”

 

But Ryeowook pushed the cane back in his hand and told him to go. Yesung let go of it again and shakes his head no. 

 

“I can’t.”

 

Ryeowook put his palm on Yesung’s back and wants to give the cane back to him but this time Yesung throws it away.

 

“I don’t want to!”

 

Yesung yelled and few people turned their heads to them. Ryeowook froze and grabs it quickly while apologizing. He is leading Yesung home and then left him alone in his room. When he is sure that the annoying nurse is away he laid down on the bed and curled into a small ball. The other people saw that he is blind and useless. Yesung throws a blanket over his body and cries louder. He is nothing and no one will ever love him, with or without the stupid cane.