-4-

Mischievous fate

Siwon is gripping the metal tray and stares on the grey door in front of him. He peeked inside through a small window and sees the young man slightly trashing in the restrains. Siwon opened the door and cleared his throat.

 

“I am here with lunch.”

 

The boy stopped moving and turned his head in direction off wall where is a window. The small room is filled with sun light which is shining on flowers in a vase which is standing on a nightstand. The space is empty other than a bed, nightstand and a chair. Siwon put the tray on a bed table and grabs the spoon which is in bowl of soup with noodles. He was said that he has to be careful because Yesung will use every chance to hurt himself. 

 

Siwon brings the spoon to Yesung’s small lips which stayed tightly closed.

 

“You need to eat.”

 

Siwon is holding the spoon and waits but the young man is refusing to open his mouth. He is ready to leave when Yesung turned his head to him and his blind eyes are staring somewhere where he senses the other man.

 

"Please could you untie just my left hand?"

 

Siwon hesitates but he cant imagine that Yesung would hurt himself right now. Siwon untied his left hand and Yesung scratched tip off his nose.

 

"The itching was driving me crazy for half a day."

 

Yesung wriggled his wrist a bit but then Siwon restrained his hand again.

 

"Why are you tied down like this?”

 

Yesung chuckled bitterly and shrugged.

 

“It is simple. I don't want to live and they are forcing me to stay alive.”

 

Siwon is playing with the spoon and bites his lower lip because he wants to ask one question.

 

“Why don’t you want to live?”

 

Yesung’s face froze and he angrily trashes in the restrains.

 

"Why?! Just try to imagine it. One day you have everything, your family, your eyesight. And then suddenly you have nothing!”

 

Siwon is shocked that the young man is yelling so much and doesn’t know how to fix it before someone hears them.

 

“Sorry, I am sorry for asking.”

 

Yesung looks like he is going to cry and Siwon tries to feed him again. This time Yesung furiously moved his head and hit the spoon which fell down on floor.

 

“Go yourself with this !”

 

Siwon grabbed the spoon and doesn’t know what to do but luckily a nurse came inside because she heard the yelling and quickly ran to get doctor Lee.

 

“Just take this off! Take it off!”

 

Yesung is yelling on top of his lungs and fights with the restrains and Siwon hopes that he won’t get in problems now after making the patient angry. Doctor Lee ran inside and doesn’t even notice Siwon who is standing in corner of the room.

 

“Yesung, you know how it works here! 24 hours in restrains after every suicide attempt and you are making the time longer with your anger and fighting!”

 

Siwon wouldn’t think that it is possible to yell louder but Yesung proved him wrong. He covers his ears and watches doctor Lee over the young man and he is saying something to him. It is clear that Yesung doesn’t care and doctor Lee has no other chance than to stab a syringe in his thigh. Some clear liquid is flowing in Yesung’s body and he slowly went limp. Doctor Lee fixed top of his pajama and then laid him more comfortably. Siwon is trying to sneak out of the room before he will see him but the stupid doctor suddenly turned around and pointed on him.

 

“You! My office, right now!”

 

Siwon gulped but nodded and he is preparing for choosing the prison over working here under doctor Lee.