Miracle Of Life - Yerin

Gfriend OneShots

Umji's P.O.V

I looked over to Yerin and see her fringe is wet from sweat and her breathing has now become very heavy. 

"Yerin right it's time," Sowon says ready with a towel to one side. She rolls up her sleeves then reveals Yerin's privates. It's not the first time I've seen it she once asked me something and then I had to look.

"Yerin you can do this," I say dabbing her wet forehead with a wet flannel.

"Right Yerin I need you to push but only a little don't push too hard otherwise you will hurt your baby!" Sowon commands. Yerin nods then take Sowon's command and take the first push to see her baby. 

"I can't do this. Please do it for me! "Yerin pleads to finish taking her first push. 

"I can't this it's your baby, not mine! Just keep going. He will be here soon." I say waiting for her to start pushing again. 

"Right, another push but a little bit harder this time, "Sowon instructs,

"That's not enough."

"Can't you see that she is pushing," I scream at Sowon, as I see Yerin's forehead drenched in sweat from forcing herself to push. 

Yerin's face becomes redder and redder as she loses her breath from pushing.

"Umji, ing shut up ok. She needs to get this kid out. The baby can get stuck in the birth canal and die if she doesn't carry on pushing. I know, I was there when my brother's wife had her baby and the baby died that way and I don't want this baby to go out the same way." Sowon shouted as Yerin relaxes for a second before she gets ready to push again. Yerin takes another deep breath in and starts pushing again.

Sowon looks away from me and then moves her attention back to the fetus coming into the world.  Her frown turns to a smile as she reaches out for me to give her a blanket. I hand her the blanket and smile knowing that the baby is nearly there. I look down and then see a lot of blood and mucus. "Holy , I'm gonna puke," I explain, gagging a little.

"Yewon not now." Sowon scowls.

"Sorry," I say, trying not to puke.

"Yerin, Yerin sweetie I have his head in my hands, Its nearly over," Sowon explains, to Yerin, not letting go of his head. All of a sudden the room was full of a very high pitched scream, Yerin's. One that could make your blood curl. She was in so much pain, it causes her to scream. I could tell that she was in a lot of pain by the look on her face, and the sweat now dripping of her whole face. 

"IT BURNS," Yerin screams, filling the room up with her screams.

"I know he is nearly here." Sowon smiles as her hands wrap around the baby's shoulders and head.

 Finally, we could hear the sounds of sirens in the distance. Yerin uses some of her last energy left and took a final push.

Sowon's face lit up as she catches the baby coming out of Yerin. As she guides the baby out of Yerin, Yerin finally takes a breath then starts to cry.  Cries of everyone fills the room, and a lot of smiling came from all our faces.

"Well done... Well done. You've got a little girl." Sowon explains to a now sobbing Yerin.  I take a look in between her legs to see a little girl, before leaning Yerin's head slowly on the couch and open the door for the paramedics. I hear a sigh of relief from Yerin, the screams of the baby.  I show the paramedics where Yerin was and they follow me into the living room. I walk in the room to see Yerin bonding with the baby. Skin to skin bonding was happening. Sowon stepped over to let the paramedic's do their job.

"Hello love, what's your name?" the women asked.

"Jung Yerin," Yerin explain, not taking her eye off her daughter, not even for a second.

"OK, If we just get you into the ambulance then we can examine you and baby at the hospital. But first, we need to deliver the after birth." The paramedic explains as she makes Yerin hand the baby over to me as she delivers the after birth. Yerin starts to push again.

" I thought this pain was over." She screams, her face becoming redder and redder.

"It will be soon. One more push." The paramedic explains.

 It turns out she needed to push two more times before the afterbirth had been delivered as her very first push wasn't strong enough. The paramedics move to the side and examines the afterbirth in a portable cardboard sick bowel while the other paramedic examines the baby I am cradling in my arms. The nurse tells me that the baby is healthy for what they could see but she would need to have routine checks at the hospital.

"She's gorgeous. What's her name?"

"I've been stuck on two names, but after seeing her I knew what she was called. I've decided on Mina."

"Mina, it's gorgeous. She is gorgeous. Congratulations Yennie." I exclaimed as I gave her, her daughter back.