Miracle Of Life - Sowon

Gfriend OneShots

"So you are telling me that I am pregnant with TWINS!" Sojung said as she stared at the ultrasound.

"Yes Miss Kim, it seems that way!"

"But I can't have two at the same time?"

"You've tried many rounds of IVF, this is good don't you think?"

"I wanted one, not two babies, I can't deal with TWO!"

"I can assure you miss Kim, you will do brilliantly." The doctor assured her.

------ 9 months later!"

"How long has it been?" Sojung moaned as she sat up on the bed.

"Four hours," Yerin explained, checking her phone.

"Let's try walking again," Yuju said, helping her up from the bed then holding the lower part of her back to support her and the growing twins.

They go around the maternity ward three times, stopping every five minutes or so to deal with the contractions. They were getting more and more intense. They walk back to the room and Sojung gets ready for the midwife to check my dilation. The blonde-haired, short midwife comes in with a big smile on her face.

"How are you doing?"

"I don't think I can carry on much longer." Sojung cried as the contraction stopped.

"Well, I will check how long you have, so if you would like to bring your legs up I will check." the midwife said, getting her gloves on. Sojung brings her legs up and the midwife puts a blanket on her legs and starts to check her dilation.

"Well, you are in luck. You are ten centimetres, and ready to push. Let me just page my colleges so they can help, just because you are having twins so we need the extra help."

"Ok, well hurry. I don't think I can cope much longer." Sojung said as she held onto the gas and air, her grip tightening stronger by the second.

"You ready to become a mom?" Yerin questioned as she gave Eunha, SinB and Umji the text that the baby was on the way. Two other midwives rush in and Sojung gets ready to push.

"Right let's start." The midwife smiles, as she puts Sojung's legs in stirrups.

"Okay, Sojung  we are going to push for ten seconds then stop then we will go again." The midwife explained.

"OK. I'm ready."

"Okay, ready set go...one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and breath. We can see the top of baby's head, he has a lot of hair." Sojung pushed with the counting and then finish with a red face.

"REALLY?"

"Yep, do you want to feel?"

"Yes please." The midwife grabs her hand and places it on top of the baby's head, to feel loads of hair.

"Right, let's go again. You ready to push?"

Sojung without any warning started pushing again, her body took over and she couldn't control it.

"Stop...stop...stop...stop. STOP PUSHING! Somethings wrong. Right she needs an emergency c-section. NOW!" The midwife screamed as she hooked Sojung off the machines and started rushing her off to the theatre.

"Yennie...Yun what's wrong?"

"Can someone please tell me what's wrong," Yerin screamed as she was pulled away from Sojung as she entered the theatre.

"Don't worry, you will be back with Sojung in a second. The babies are a bit crowded and their heartbeats are slowing down."

"Right, you are going to feel a sharp prick as the injection goes in." Sojung winced as the injection goes in then she laid back down. With that Yerin comes bursting through the doors and straight to Sojung, grabbing her hand.

"Yerin, I can feel it. I'm going to lose the babies. I can't lose the babies." Sojung said, her voice breaking during the sentence.

"We won't don't you worry, the babies will be ok. I promise you." She said kissing her temples.

"We are in, ready to see your first baby?" The doctor said as she pulled away at her stomach ready to show her, her first child.

"Are they going to be alright?" Sojung asked the midwife.

"Why don't you see for yourself." She smiled as she pulled down the cloth, to reveal her first screaming, crying baby.

"What is it?" Sojung cried.

"You have a little boy, Miss Kim."

"A boy, I've got a son. Go, go see him, Yennie." Sojung sobbed.

Within ten seconds, Sojung's second child was born. However, there was no sound, no movement, no nothing.

To try to keep Sojung calm, the nurses tried to make her hold her son. She continued to refuse, how could she when she didn't know if her child was alive and breathing. She looks over to the side and sees her child's floppy, blue body being carried over to a crib where they gave it oxygen through its nose and mouth. They wrapped the baby up, put a hat on the baby and wheeled it off to NICU.

"Where is the baby? Please tell me what's wrong with it." Sojung screamed.

"Your little girl is having a little trouble breathing, but I can assure you that they are doing the best they can to assure the baby is breathing. We will get you down to the baby as soon as possible.

"Do you have a name for your little ones?"

"Yes. I do."

"For your son?"

"Jihyun."

"And your daughter?"

"Jiwon."

"They are gorgeous names. We will go check on Jiwon now. But for now, You, Yerin and Jihyun can be together. We will take you to Jiwon as soon as possible I promise."

"Thank you."