SIX

KIM & I

You unable to move as Wonhee’s lackeys holding you down. You saw Wonhee talking to one of them, you assuming she ordering him to do something to you. Wonhee looks at you, smirking.

 

“Baby girl… How about you tell me what did you do with Mr Kim? Then I might let you go.” She said, caressing your cheek.

 

“Wow, you are so nosy. Why would I tell you anyway?” Another slap land on your cheek. You winced.

 

“Aww, I love your new blushers. Is it natural?” You glare at Wonhee sarcasm.

 

“Oh? Come to think of it, both of you do look alike. Full with stupidity.”

 

“Then why would you date him in the first place?”

 

“Like I said, he’s plain stupid. He just famous for his good looking and voice. Without any of that, nobody will even look at him.” Wonhee laughs as if it is the funniest thing. Her lackeys also join laughing, only you unable to laugh.

 

“Isn’t it funny dear? I thought you love dissing your brother?” Wonhee asks after she calms down.

 

“Your joke is so funny that I forgot to laugh.” You spat at her. How dare she and her lackeys make fun of Daehyun. Nobody, I say nobody can make fun of him other than you.

 

“You do know you are not in the position to sass me?”

 

“I’ll sass you whatever whenever I want. You never deserve Daehyun.” You spit on her face making Wonhee screams in horror.

 

“You will regret living in this world, Jung Reen!” Another slap hit your face before you feel uncontrollable pains hit you here and there. You try to hold on until the end, you pray somebody will found you here before it’s too late.

 

“Hey!” You heard a shout, you already half conscious when a pair of arms embrace you. You heard someone calling your name repeatedly before you lose consciousness.

 


 

Daehyun feeds you instant porridge, it’s the least he could do to feed his little sister. Your parents are living far away and you both agree to keep it to yourselves. Daehyun needs to graduate and you want to finish your school with your friends. You lean back slowly, drinking the warm tea Daehyun made you.

 

“How do I end up here, Dae?” He looks at you, puzzled.

 

“You really don’t remember?” You shook. You only remember someone calling you before you lose consciousness. However, Daehyun doesn’t answer your question. You can see his face gloom, you hold his hand giving him the assurance he doesn’t need to tell you now. After a short meal, Daehyun treats your wounds here and there. You winced, the pain is unbearable. Tears running through your cheeks. Daehyun tries to soothe you down after he done.

 

“You should report this, Reen. This is really bad.” He said. You shook, you don’t want this to get bigger. You know even if you report it, Wonhee will escape and both of you will end up expelled considering the recent events you have now.

 

“At least let’s go to the hospital. What if you got a serious internal injury?” He half begs you. Again, you refuse it. There is no guardian if you go to the hospital, they will call your parents and things will get bigger. Daehyun sighs, defeated.

 

“Dae… How did you found me?”

 

“Someone took me to you. You were already in a mess when I arrive at the nurse room.”

 

“Nurse room?” Daehyun nods. You are pretty sure the one who saved you are a man but who?

 

Daehyun tucks you in and making sure you are comfortable as possible. You laugh but stop as the pain sharply hit you.

 

“Yah! Don’t laugh!”

 

“I’m not dying!”

 

“Well, you just made your brother got a mini heart attack! Stay put or I tie you up!” Daehyun threatens you. You hold your laugh. Daehyun always will make sure you are safe and you always believe in him. You search for your phone.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“My phone. Where is it?” Daehyun blinks and scratches his head.

 

“Well… I don’t know… I just thinking about you back then. Might be somewhere. I will look it out for you tomorrow.” He said, forcing you to rest and leaves you. 

 


 

Himchan turns on your phone again. He looks into your lock screen. You and Daehyun smiling brightly in front of a colourful sculpture at Light Festival. He smiles, feeling content with your bright smile.

 

“Whose phone is that?” Yongguk asks, drying his hair with a towel. He sits on the gaming chair.

 

“Jung.” Himchan sits up, putting your phone aside.

 

“Reen? How? Did something happen?” Himchan exhales, telling Yongguk what happens in the school on his way back.

 

Himchan walks back to the school as he left his important file on his desk. He heard a commotion near the school dumpster making him take a detour but only to see you got beat by some men.

 

“Hey!” He shouts, rushes to the dumpster where everyone scattered away from him. Himchan takes you to his arms before you fell.

 

“Jung? Yah Jung Reen!” He calls you repeatedly trying to keep you awake but you end up losing consciousness. Himchan checks your injuries and brought you to the nurse room. After treating you and making sure it is safe to leave you, he quickly searches for Daehyun. He soon saw Daehyun frantically running around searching for you.

 

“Jung Daehyun! Are you looking for your sister?” Daehyun looks at Himchan, nodding fast. Himchan can see how worry Daehyun is now, he immediately brings him to the nurse room.

 

“Reen!” Daehyun checks you, his body trembles with fears.

 

“W… What happened to her?” Daehyun stutters, he almost got a mini heart attack seeing you in this condition.

 

“I found her at the dumpster,” Himchan says carefully. He doesn't want Daehyun getting more emotional than he is now. Daehyun holds your hand tight, he is still trembling with fears and anger. How could anyone do this to you.

 

Himchan sends both of you back home. Daehyun bows, thanking him. Himchan only notices your phone are with him as he arrives home.

 

“That is serious. We should report it.”

 

“We need to ask Jung Reen first. Even though we have the authority to report it, I think it is the best to ask her consent first.” Yongguk nods, agree with Himchan.

 

“So… The phone?”

 

“I will give it to her brother tomorrow,” Himchan says, staring on your phone.

 

‘Jung Reen... Are you okay now?’ Pressing the button to look at your lock screen again. Yongguk shooks his head watching Himchan being lovesick. However, he is thankful Himchan was there to save you.