FOUR

KIM & I

After some time browsing the internet, you give up on your search. You bury your face on your pillow as Daehyun’s head pop inside your room.

 

“Hey, can you make a special lunch for me tomorrow?” You turn your face to see Daehyun with his pleading eyes.

 

“What’s the occasion?”

“Oh, nothing… I just need some of your love before singing my heart out for the choir.” He grins.

 

“Right… Any particular request?” His eyes beamed with your question before you cut him off.

 

“Aside from your NINE DISHES wish.”

 

“You are no fun, baby girl. Fine, anything it’s fine as long I can taste your love~” He shuts the door fast before you can even fight back. However, you feel yourself smiling.

 

“I should make lunch for him too.” You quickly jot down what to cook for tomorrow and off to sleep.

 

 

You wake up earlier than usual preparing to cook lunch. You made yourself and Daehyun a simple breakfast from the lunch leftover. You have been throwing all your feelings and loves in the lunch boxes you have prepared. You grin satisfy with your work.

 

“Hey… Why this box got more dishes than this one.” Daehyun said as trying to fix his tie. You look at his messy hair and unorganized shirt.

“Yah… Can’t you at least once dress up a bit decent?” You march to him and fix his shirt and tie. He grins happily, forgetting about the uneven lunchbox. You both getting ready for school and eat your breakfast before heading out to school together.

 

 

All of your classmates in a daze. Gazing on Himchan’s swollen face, as he casually calls out the attendance. He ignores the stare from his students and informs everything he needs to them. However, he steals a glance at you and saw your gloomy face. He knows you are still guilty about what happened yesterday. Shrugging off the feeling to comforts you, he wraps up the session and head to his first class.

 

You immediately take out your Math homework and shove it to Jongup. Your eyes pleading for his help. In four of you, Jongup is the best in Math, Jihyun with English, Youngjae with Biology while you in Art and History. Thus, the four of you rely on each other in the study. Jongup grins immediately absorb in teaching you here and there. You are the worst in Math, even after countless time Jongup teaches you, you still don’t get it.

 

“Can I just hit your head once?” Jongup asked. You look at him. He shrugs, Youngjae and Jihyun also look at him.

 

“I don’t know… Maybe if I hit you really hard, you will understand what I taught you.” He said, giving up. You pout at him, begging him not to give up on you.

 

“You both look like in a lover quarrel.” Jihyun laughs. Both you and Jongup shot Jihyun a glare.

 

“WE ARE NOT A LOVER!” both of you exclaim making the couple laugh even harder.

 

The bell ringing ending the last class as most of the students hurried walk to the cafeteria to buy lunches. However, you slip away from your friends with an excuse to the toilet and walk to the teacher’s lounge to see Himchan. As you arrive, you take a deep breath before entering the room. Fortunately, most of the teachers have gone to lunch. You saw Himchan still on his seat, marking some papers.

 

‘Oh, he wears glasses? That’s new.’ You walk slowly to him, clearing your throat.

 

“Sir…” Himchan look up, you can see he is surprised to see you here. You bow and give him the lunch you have prepared.

 

“This isn’t much but please accept it as my apology for yesterday.” You said without looking into his eyes. Himchan still staring at you, disbelief.

 

“I shouldn’t take this, Jung. It might give out a bad speculation for both of us.” He says in a stern voice. He likes you, yes, but work is work. He is a teacher and you are his student, he can’t treat you any special. Your heart drops as you heard his answer. You look down, embarrassed with yourself.

 

“I’m sorry…” You said you feel all your hard work, waking up early is a waste when Himchan refuses your lunchbox. Himchan watches you, his heart drop with the sight of you gloomier than before. He sighs, glancing around.

 

“Just this once, Jung.” He hands out his hand, waiting.

 

“H… Huh?”

 

“Come on… I’m hungry. I haven’t eaten anything yet today.” He literally snatches the lunchbox from you. You are still in a daze. He takes off the lid and saw a luxurious lunch in front of him. YOU DID THIS? He thoughts amaze.

 

“S… Sorry it’s not much.” You fidget your fingers as Himchan turns to you with ‘SAY WHAT?’ face. Himchan clears his throat and regains his composure.

 

“This is more than enough, Jung. Thank you. Anything else?” You shook your head fast and quickly bow to him before you rush out to the cafeteria where your friends are waiting for you. Himchan smiles, tasting the food you made.

 

 

Someone grabs your wrist hard as you walk to the cafeteria. You wince and turn around to see Daehyun’s girlfriend, Choi Wonhee looking at you furiously. You can guess what will happen.

 

“I see you just come out from the teacher’s lounge with a lunchbox. Did you go see someone?” She asked, smiling. You try to let go of her grips but her grips gone tighter. You end up pull your hand hard and escape from her grips, you can see how annoyed her face.

 

“Is poking your nose into someone’s business is your hobby, sis?” You say casually. You walk away from her before she stops you again.

 

“You. Do you know who I am?” Folding her arms as she glares at you. You nod, acknowledge it.

 

“Of course. My Daehyun’s hoe. Oh, did you just got dumped by him? Yeah… I told him to do that.” You bravely say it before walking past her. Wonhee pulls your arm and a slap land on your face. The sound of the slap made everyone in the hallway gone silence. You look down, holding in the pain. You bit your bottom lips hard, you know right now you are the centre of attention. 

 

“Cat caught your tongue now, baby girl?” Wonhee smirks. You shoot a glare to her and before you could reply, a shout storm in the hallway.

 

“CHOI WONHEE!” He darts to you and pushes Wonhee away from you, hard. Daehyun immediately checking your face. You look at him, his face painted with worry.

 

“Why are you here?” You mumble.

 

“I just remember about the lunchboxes you pack are uneven and I got the bad part. I need an explanation for that.” He said. You look at him, disbelief.

 

“You are unbelievable.” You said. Daehyun then looks at Wonhee who watches both of you. She looks so pissed with that sight.

 

“Choi Wonhee. Who do you think you are? Touching my baby’s face?” Daehyun suddenly turns into a different person. Cold. Everyone start surrounding the scene, mumbling and whispering.

 

“How dare she touches Daehyun’s sister.”

 

“Wow, today we see a new side of Daehyun.”

 

“Don’t you think he is hot being protective over his sister.”

 

“Reen is lucky she got her brother.” Yeah… lucky me… You thought. You hate this kind of attention, you know this will be a mess soon. You tug Daehyun’s sleeve.

 

“Dae, it’s fine. Let’s go.” You say slowly but knowing Daehyun, he won’t budge with it. The situation getting intense, Wonhee remains silent.

 

“Choi Wonhee… What did you do to my sister? You dare to touch her?” Cold. Wonhee exhales and looks into Daehyun’s eyes sharp.

 

“Yeah, I did it. Why? Can’t I? She’s being a with me.” She said, defending herself.

 

“How dare you!” Daehyun explodes. The hallway becomes silent with Daehyun’s shouted. Between them, Jihyun, Youngjae and Jongup hurried to you.

 

“Yah… What happen?” Jihyun tugs your sleeve, whispering. You froze on your spot after hearing your brother shout. Even Wonhee flinches, she never sees this side of Daehyun.

 

“Reen is right. You are no good. I made a right decision breaking up with you.” He said, causing everyone whispering more.

 

“They broke up?”

 

“Wow Wonhee got dumped”

 

“Daehyun is back available, guys”

 

“What with all of this ruckus?!” A shout from Mrs Han echoed in the hallway. Everyone scurry away fast to avoid Mrs Han. You chase away your friends to go back to class before they get into the trouble. Mrs Han saw the three of you still in the same spot.

 

“Jung Daehyun, Jung Reen, Choi Wonhee. In my office. Now.” Mrs Han said coldly and walks away before any of you could speak. Daehyun sighs hard, ruffling his hair. You try to calm him, saying it’s okay over and over.

 

“it’s fine… Let’s go…” You hold Daehyun hand and both of you go to Mrs Han office, leaving Wonhee behind. From far away, a pair of eyes witnessing the fight between them. He sighs.

 

“I’m sorry…”