TWO

KIM & I

You watch Himchan at the school field playing soccer with his students from the tree you always hang out. Watching Himchan playfully teasing his students right now made you wonder if he has multiple personalities. He is a strict and serious teacher when he’s teaching but he becomes friendly and playful when he’s out from the class. The boys love to hang out with him and the girls love to cling on with him. However, you never have any courage to get close to him.

 

You look at your sketchbook, you have been drawing him a lot lately. Closing your sketchbook, you got up and walk back to your class. Your homeroom teacher still on his leaves and there’s no replacement teacher yet. As you walk inside, you saw Jihyun and Youngjae on top of each other on your desk. The three of you froze and silence takes over.

 

“I… I can explain.” Jihyun stammers, try to get up from Youngjae but his grip becomes tighter. You can see Youngjae smirking, enjoying this. Jihyun hits his boyfriend hard to let her go. Both of them playing push and pull. You sigh.

 

“Well… I don’t mind, really. But… Get off from my desk please.” You push both of them off your desk, putting your sketchbook.

 

“We should do it again, Jiji.” Youngjae teases.

 

“Do what?! We did not do anything!”

“Okay… What’s with this love quarrel?” A voice comes from the door, the three of you look and smile. It’s Jongup, grinning like there’s nothing bothering him.

“How’s yesterday event?” You ask as he sits next to you.

 

“Well, you know your brother left me so I get to eat his lunch.” Both of you laugh and catching up with each other. Few minutes after the break over, a familiar man walks inside, holding your classroom file. You glance at your class schedule, it’s not his class yet. Unless…

 

“Starting today until Mr Jung come back, I will replace him as your homeroom teacher and biology teacher. Let’s be nice and get to know each other well.” Himchan said casually giving out his usual charming smile to your class. Your class becoming hectic with excitement as Himchan calls out names to mark attendance while you got frozen with the announcement. How can you survive with him? You already got music class with him now he is your homeroom and Biology teacher?!

 

“Jung Reen?” Silence. Jihyun, Youngjae and Jongup look at you dozing off.

 

“Jung Reen?” Himchan looks up and searches you. He raises his eyebrow looking at you. Jongup end up nudges your arm making you startled. You look at him, smiling.

 

“Yes…”


”Please focus on my class, hmm?” You nod, biting your bottom lip. The class resume as usual with Himchan. You tried your best to focus on his teaching even though in the end you only see his smiles.

 

Lunchtime and the four of you go to the cafeteria. The couple keeps teasing you about your panic mode earlier with Himchan while Jongup listens to them, grinning and not even helping you.  

 

“Why I’m so weird is it? He must think I’m weird. and weirder. and clumsy and Ahhhhh! How do I want to face him after this? Should I just fall and die?” You whine with your mouth full of foods.

 

Youngjae shook his head, he wants to smack your head with the spoon but he knows he would get it back from Daehyun. Jihyun pokes your cheek, stopping your rant.

 

“Finish your foods first, didn’t you see that ill face of Youngjae? He might smack you any seconds.” She chuckles.

 

“Just fall and die then. We can sue Mr Kim for breaking his student functionality.” Jongup bluntly said, eating his meal.

 

“YAH!” The couple and you shout at him. Jongup looks at three of you, blinking innocently.

 

“What?” He asks. Youngjae shoves some kimchi into Jongup’s mouth.

 

“Just eat quietly.” He then looks at your pouty face.

 

“You. At least you didn’t throw your books off the table. So for now, you are normal. To him. You are weird but yeah… Normal to Mr Kim.” He shrugs, continues his lunch. The four of you gone silence after Youngjae’s comment. Jihyun gives you some of her rice while you accept it happily. Suddenly, all the embarrassing thoughts just now disappear when you eat.

 

From the teacher’s corner, a pair of eyes watching the four of you eating your lunch. However, his eyes only see you. He smiles, eating his lunch while mingling with other teachers. Some of them obviously making a move on him but Himchan shrugs them off as his eyes only see you.

 


 

Himchan rearranges his teaching and class schedule. Now with extra classes, he needs to work harder and efficient than before. He sighs, why is Jung Taekwoon taking three months to leave? He got a final year project to settle down his master degree. He looks around from the library counter. It’s peaceful in here and he prefers doing his works in the library.

 

You write an essay while waiting for Daehyun to finishes his practice. Jihyun and Youngjae went out to date. They invite you as always but what is a date when there’s a third wheeler? They need their own privacy. So you end up spending sometimes finishing your homework in the library.

 

Steps and books flipping sound. There are only a few students left in the library, you calculate the time and estimating when will Daehyun finishes. Finishing up, you walk to the art and literature aisles to search for some books. Not long enough before you immerse in your own world.

 

“Mr Kim, can you help me with the library for a moment? There’s a sudden meeting going on and they call me in. If I didn’t come back before the closing, you can close it.” Panicking cleaning up her belongings, Mrs Do gives Himchan the library’s key and darts off without words, leaving Himchan speechless.

 

“Being temporary teacher made me like a servant.” He sighs. It’s Wednesday and he has a class soon. Shoving the keys in his pocket, he walks around the library to check on his students.

 

Soft hums can be heard at the end of the hallway. It’s Art and Literature section. Himchan subconsciously froze for a moment hearing the hums. His mind suddenly recalls all the teachers and his students' stories about ghosts in this school. Exhaling, he musters up his little courage and walks to the aisle slowly. Hoping it’s one of his students. He peeks, a sigh of relieving left. He unconsciously smiles at the sight.

 

The song in your playlist played both of you and Daehyun’s favourite song. You couldn’t help but hum along with the music. You continue flipping the book you have been holding for a while. Even from far aside, everyone can tell you are completely immersed in the book. Taking steps slowly, Himchan walks closer to you. 

 

“Miss Reen?” No response. Himchan watches you, shook.

 

“Jung Reen.” Again, no response. You are completely out of the reality. Amuses with you, Himchan taps your shoulder slowly.

 

“Jung Re- OWWH!!” Himchan’s ear rangs with a blow from your scream and a slap from the book you are holding. You have reflectively hit Himchan, your eyes gone wide seeing Himchan holding his face. His precious handsome face! A curse word slips out from Himchan as he holding on to the pain.

 

“OMG! I’m so sorry Mr Kim!” Instinctively you check on his face, trying to pull Himchan’s hand from his face. Panic and worries painted all over your face. I ruin Himchan’s perfect face! The words keep spinning in your head over and over.

 

“I’m so sorry Mr Kim… I… I don’t know it was you. I… I…” You stammer with your own words. The panic arise more as you saw a noticeable swell on his face. Your eyes tearing up with the poor sight of Himchan’s face.

 

“It’s okay Miss Jung. It’s also my fault surprising you.” He looks at you. Smiling. A smile that always makes you upside down but with a black eye on his face, all bad thoughts attacking you.

 

“Let me take you to the nurse office, sir. I’m really sorry I hit you with the book.” It’s not any kind of book, it’s a thick hardcover book. You help him up slowly. Politely, Himchan refuses your offer. It’s not that bad, it can be a memory with you. He thoughts.

 

“It’s okay Miss Jung. Really… It’s just a little black eye. It’s not that bad. It’ll be off from my face after a few days.” He smiles, comforting you. However, you still feel bad about it. Himchan touches his swollen face, oh? Is it that bad? He thoughts. No wonder his lovely girl feeling bad about it. He can see your eyes teary.

 

‘I’m so bad. He will hate me for this. I am weird. Aishhh! Why hit him?! It’s the library, not alley! Reen why you are so stupid?! Your chance to look good in front of Himchan completely ruin! Should I kill myself now? I should right? I should move to another school. Aishhh this is so embarrassing. Jung Reen you idiot!’ Your mind went wild with thoughts. Himchan calls you our several times without you respond to any of it.

“Jung Reen… It’s fine. It is not your fault, I shouldn’t tap you in the first place. It’s okay. Hmm?” He holds your shoulders. Comforting you with his words and smile. Well… not so perfect now with a black eye. You sniffle your tears, looking at him guiltily. He picks up the book and gives it to you.

 

“You want to borrow this? It’s really a great book.” He smiles. You nod slowly, bowing slightly and quickly leave Himchan. You pack up your belongings and borrow the book at the counter. He watches you go, shook his head. What a girl. He walks back to the library office, checking his face. His eyes gone wide with his own sight.

 

“Wow. I don’t know a small girl can hit you like this.” He mumbles, caressing his swollen face. No wonder his student felt so bad about it. Himchan checks the time and makes a final round in the library before closing it. He packs his belongings and locks the library. 

 

You walk fast around the school, searching for Daehyun. Please don’t say your brother forget his sister again. The classroom he used to practice already empty. You couldn’t fight off your fear and panic. You try to call his phone but there is no answer. Sighing hard, you walk to the school field. No one here. It’s getting dark yet your body froze at that place. Your mind attacking you mercilessly with the horror memory in the past.

 

“Jung?” a familiar voice come from behind. You quickly turn around and widen your eyes. What a horrible face! You start trembling as the voice’s owner come closer to you.

 

“Are you alright?” He asks. The voice fills with concern. You try to return to reality, your blink your eyes and focus on the man face.

“Are you alright? Where’s your brother?

 

 

A/N: So... How was it? Please do leave comments so I can keep improving my writing. I don't want to be a bad author forcing you to subscribe first in order to read it. However, please please do leave a comment in return. Also, check out my other ongoing stories. Thank you babyz!