26 ABOUT YOU

Everyday With You

“I can’t believe he lost to Jongup,” Nara says after listening to your hang out the other day. You and Nara are in the café having a quick lunch together.

 

“Yeah… Unbelievable.” You play with your pasta, twirling your fork around the pasta and eat it.

 

“Now, you owed Jongup a date? Is Himchan okay with that?” You nod, sipping your drink.

 

“Yeah… We kind of expecting the outcome since Daehyun played with rage.” You roll your eyes, showing Nara how annoyed you are with him. Even after he took care of your last weekend due to fever. You are still mad at him.

 

“So… The movie?”

 

“The movie was great. Not until somebody spoiled it.” You grunt, imagining back the scene in the movie hall.

 


 

“So the seating plan will be me, Reen, Daehyun, Junhong, and Himchan,” Jongup says, enjoying his winning. Daehyun scowls at Jongup. Himchan and Daehyun bought the popcorns and drinks as they lost to the junior team.

 

“Here.” You look at Himchan holding out a snack box.

 

“What is this?” You take it and open. It’s a special combo snack with the Lion King as the theme. Your eyes sparkle, beaming with joy.

“Thank you!” You grin, holding yourself from jumping at him and hug him. Himchan smiles, ruffling your hair.

 

“I know you will love it.” He winks before leaving you behind. You couldn't wipe off your grin as you follow him to the movie hall. The hall already dim and all of you sit in Jongup’s order. You sit excitedly, waiting for the movie to start. Beside you, Daehyun already munching on his popcorn.

 

“The movie is not even starting yet, Daehyun,” Junhong says with a soft voice only to get a glare from Daehyun. Junhong shuts his mouth and looks at the big screen ahead. Himchan pat the youngest head, soothing him. Junhong suddenly remembers what he saw before. He looks at Himchan.

 

“Himchan… I actually-” his words got cut off by the sound from the advertising, notifies the movie will be starting soon. Himchan looks at the youngest, who seems restless.

 

“What is it?” Himchan whispers, concerns. Junhong shakes his head fast.

 

“N- Nothing. It’s not important.” He whispers back with his eyes fixed on the screen. The unconvinced Himchan let him go and focus on the screen. However, he couldn’t help but keep glancing at you. He sighs, he wishes he’s the one next to you. The movie starts, and you are so into the movie while eating the snack. A small smile draws on Himchan’s lips, watching you enjoying the movie.

 

“Hey…” Daehyun whispers to you. You hush him down. Daehyun frowns, he actually does not enjoy the movie 100% like others. He then notices the snacks you are holding.

 

‘Isn't that the snack Himchan bought? It’s looking good.’ Daehyun checks on you who clearly absorbed into the movie. His hand slowly tries to take a bit of snack in the box you are holding.

 

“Auch!” Daehyun shouts. Everyone hushes him with annoyed mumbles everywhere. You smirk, releasing Daehyun.  Daehyun looks at you with eyes widen. How can you pinch him so hard? No. How can you notice his hand?! You momentarily look at him, your eyes give him a warning look.

 

“Reen doesn’t share food. Like you. So, back off or I’ll cut your hand off.” You whisper in cold tone. Jongup who’s also listening, glance at you. He holds his smile. So, Daehyun is not that great when it’s about Reen. Himchan, on the other hand, trying hard from burst out laughing. He remembered how you literally almost bite him off because he tried to take your chips.

 


 

“W-wait. So your movie ruined because Daehyun tries to take your snack?” Nara asks wrinkles to show all over her forehead. Trying to registering what you just told her.


“Yeah.”

 

“Wow, Reen.” Nara sips her drink, unable to says anything.

 

“What. He’s clearly a JUNG and he gots a nerve to take some of my foods.” You huff. You don’t care if it’s your brother, but you hate when people try to take some of your food.

 

“Remind me to not take any food from you. So, when will you go out for that ‘date’?” Nara eats her sandwich. You shrug.

 

“I don’t know. I also still waiting when Himchan will use his winning wish at Daehyun. I hope there’s no expiry date.” You say, munching a prawn.

 

“Are you gonna dress to impress?”

 

“No… I don’t know. I mean… If Jongup asks me for a date, I’m not as nervous as I’m with Himchan. I just don’t see him more than a friend. You know what I mean?” You finally let out your thoughts. Nara nods, understand.

 

“Well… It’s obvious you already in a spellbound by Himchan’s charms. So, any man wouldn’t stand a chance. You are a tough one to get. I’m actually impressed how Himchan manages to make you upside down.” Nara looks at you, smiling. She knows you since high school, she knows how hard you are to open up or even give anyone your heart. Seeing how easy who were swoon by Himchan, amazed her until today.

 

“I’ll kick him to death if he makes you cry, Reen,” Nara says. You laugh.

 

“Of course. Not just you, I’m sure Youngjae will join you too.”

 

“He might just kill him with his words. His tongue is sharper than any swords in this world.” Both of you burst out laughing. Imagining the scene.

 


 

Jongup fumbling his phone, thinking of plans. His usual bubbly random self is replaced with serious, snarky self. He types something on the phone, searching for a good place to go on a date. Then, Himchan walks in front of him. An idea pops out, causing him to smirk.

 

“Himchan,” Jongup calls Himchan who just sit on the couch. Himchan looks at him, arching his eyebrow.

 

“I have something to ask.” Himchan squints his eyes at Jongupp. What are you up to, Moon Jongup. However, Himchan still gets up and sits next to Jongup.

 

“What?”

 

“What do Reen likes? You brought her on a date many times, right?” Jongup asks, straight forward. Himchan widens his eyes. Unbelievable. He’s asking tips from THE boyfriend?

 

“You got to be kidding me. Why don’t you figure it yourself?” Himchan heaves a sigh, holding the urge to punch Jongup in the face.

 

“So? Will you help me? Or should I just tell Daehyun someone has been bringing his sister out behind his back.” Jongup threatens Himchan with casual sound. Himchan groans.

 

“What do you want to know?” Himchan asks with a heavy heart.

 

“What she likes to go, eat, experience, everything.”

 

“She likes food, but she’s not fond of dessert. Got a soft spot on animals… She loves cartoons…” Himchan says, thinking about how those things made you smile and beaming with joy. He smiles, imagining you jumping around being giddy with him. Jongup watches Himchan explaining with smile and hearts all over him. Jongup clicks his tongue.

 

“Did you just click your tongue at me?” Himchan asks in a serious tone.

 

“You must be fond of her so much. I literally can see you floating with hearts around you.” Jongup gets up, unable to listen to Himchan gushing about you.

 

“I’ll figure something out, and I will make her fall for me.” Jongup looks at Himchan straight into his eyes before leaving him. Himchan clicks his tongue.

 

“Try then…” Junhong who just enter the studio watches Jongup walk away. He looks at Himchan, asking about why Jongup left the studio.

“Maybe he goes to the gents,” Himchan answers, uninterested. Junhong puts down his bag and starts stretching. However, his mind keeps on replaying what he saw at the movie. He looks around, good, it’s only him and Himchan.

 

“Himchan” Junhong hurriedly sits next to him.

 

“What is it?” Himchan looks at the youngest who seems restless.

 

“I… I saw something that I think I supposed not to.” He stutters, swaying, fidgeting, and uncontrollable blinking. Himchan arched his eyebrow.

 

“What? Did you watch or yuri?” He asks, making Junhong looks at him curiously.

 

“What’s that?” He blinks several times. Himchan curses to himself to let it slide out of his tongue. Yongguk will kill him if he knows.

 

“Forget it. You don’t hear anything. So, what is it?” Himchan quickly changes the topic back.

 

“I actually…” Junhong tries to put it as words. How to say this? Himchan quietly waits.

 

“I… I…” He stammers.

 

“SPILL IT!” Himchan barks. Junhong instantly spills it out quickly like a rap.

 

“I saw you and Reen holding hands at the café while queuing!” Junhong feel relieves after he let it out, but it’s only momentary when he saw Himchan looks at him in surprise.

 

“You what? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

 

“I don’t know how to tell you… I promise I will keep it a secret.” Junhong pleads, giving Himchan his puppy eyes. Himchan sighs.

 

“Does Jongup knows?” Junhong asks hesitantly.

 

“He knows so well.” He sighs at the thought of his own member trying to snatch you away from him.

 

“But why he still insists on making a move on Reen?” Junhong asks to himself. He knows about Jongup’s intention to Reen, but he’s worried if Jongup ends up hurting himself.

 

“I don’t know…”

 



A/N: As I’m trying to minimalize the usage of Korean phrase. Please bear with me using names between them. Just, imagine the dongsaengs call the oldies, hyung whenever I type their names.

 

ehem... I might also will be on indefinite hiatus as I see the lack of feedbacks in this story... however, since I'm into a game called Mr Love Queen's Choices now, I often post my one shots in Archive Your Own with the same name, byReenz. 

until then. love, byReenz.