24: HANG OUT WITH YOU

Everyday With You

You have been wandering around in your room, trying to put on some words about you dating Himchan to your brother.

 

“Daehyun, I’m dating someone right now. No, that’s not right, he would be flips instantly.”

 

“Daehyun, you have to let me date him. Wait, he would pester me to tell him who’s the guy, and he would also flip if I said Himchan.”

 

“Please stop controlling my love life. But, he never really controlling me…”

 

“You have to trust me!” You let out a big sigh. Your brother always trusting you… You stare blankly on the wall. How should you tell him? You lay down, feeling exhausted with your own thoughts. Your phone suddenly buzzed. Jongup?

 

Are you free this weekend?

 

“That’s odd…” You mumble, typing a reply.

 

Yeah, why?

 

Let’s go out for a movie. I heard the movie you anticipate already out. My treat.

 

Really?! Well, it would be a waste if I didn’t accept it. Yeah! What time and where?

 

Jongup smiles a little, typing the details before sending it to you. He leans back on the wall, watching Himchan focusing on his guitar.

 

“That’s rare.” Junhong sits next to Jongup.

 

“What?”

 

“You are smiling. By yourself.” Junhong looks at Jongup, smirking.

 

“Is it Reen?” He nudges the old one. Jongup pulls his straight face to Junhong, telling him to be quiet about it.

 


 

It’s the weekend, and you dress up casually. You are ready to go when Daehyun walks inside your room. He looks at you up and down.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Obviously out.”

 

“Yeah, where? What? Who? When will you be home?” Daehyun crosses his arms. You sigh.

 

“Movie. Jongup. Right after the movie.” You answer him but Daehyun eyes widening hearing the word ‘Jongup.’

 

“Moon Jongup?”

 

“Yeah. Is there a problem?” Oh, you know your brother so well and already expect the answer.

 

“Yeah. It’s Moon Jongup.” Yep. You cross your arms, looking at your brother.

 

“It’s just a movie, Jung Daehyun.” You half pleading, hoping he would let you go.

 

“Ok. I’ll go with you then.”

 

“Ok. Fine. You can come with me.” You both stare at each other sharply before Daehyun quickly getting ready. You sigh, texting Jongup.

 

Daehyun will come along.

 

Jongup reads the text, squinting his eyes disapproval. Jung Daehyun really needs to stop being overprotective for his sister. He texts a reply instantly.

 

It’s fine. I get it. Besides, the more, the merrier. Why don’t you invite others?  I’ll go buy the ticket once I get there.

 

You gulp. Jongup's sarcastic reply gives you a different vibe about him. You are unsure if you should follow his suggestion or let it be. Jongup sends you another text.

 

Seriously, let’s invite everyone. I already text the group chats about it.

 

Are you sure?

 

Yeah. Oh, Himchan already replies he will come.

 

Himchan? You couldn’t help but grin. Seem you get to spend some times with your boyfriend. Another notification comes in. Speaking of the devil.

 

See you at the movie. Can’t wait to see you.

 

You type a reply and walk out the room seeing Daehyun already ready.

 

“Jeez, you should tell me when you already ready.” You say as Daehyun gets up and follows you out.

 

“What movie are you gonna watch?”

 

“Lion King.”

 

“What?! You and your-“

 

“My what?” You shoot him a deathly glare. Daehyun immediately shuts his mouth tight. He fumbling his phone, reading the text in B.A.P group chat.

 

“Oh, seems Himchan and Junhong will also be joining us,” Daehyun says.

 

“You mean joining you interrupting my date with Jongup?” You look at him mockingly.

 

“Hey.” Daehyun protesting. Both of you walk to the nearest bus stop.

 


 

As you arrive, the first person you saw make you smile instantly. Himchan saw you and smiles. You and Daehyun approach Himchan and Junhong.

 

“Where’s Jongup?” Daehyun asks, looking around.

 

“He’s buying the tickets,” Junhong answers, pointing at Jongup at the ticket machine. You and Himchan stealing glances at each other, smiling.

 

“Both of you are fine with the movie?” Daehyun asks disapproval. You scowl at your brother before pinching his arm hard.

 

“I’m actually fine with anything. Although I prefer Annabelle, it’s Reen and Jongup’s choice.” Junhong says innocently.

“Himchan?” Daehyun looks at him for support. Himchan shrugs off his shoulders. Hey, my girlfriend wants Lion King, she will get it. Daehyun frown, feeling defeated. Jongup walks back showing the tickets he just bought.

 

“So, we got around an hour before the next movie start. What are we going to do now?” Jongup asks. If it was just him and you, he already got a lot of things he plans out. However, somebody ruined it.

 

“Let’s go play at the arcade,” Junhong says, grinning. He really wants to play at the arcade with his seniors. However, they never get a chance because of Yongguk and Himchan’s tight schedule.

 

“Arcade? That’s great! I haven’t played for a while.” Daehyun agrees, followed by Jongup. Without waiting from your nor Himchan’s approval, the three of them head to the arcade nearby. You sigh, following them behind. Himchan walks beside you, chuckling.

 

“Hey, sunshine. Fancy to meet you here.” Himchan says, slow enough to only be heard by the two of you. You smile, letting out a small giggle.

 

“Hey. Fancy meeting you here too.” You glance at Himchan who’s looking at you. You can see his eyes beaming with happiness.

 

“Do you really join us for the movie?” You ask, watching Junhong excitedly buying the tokens while Daehyun checking out the place to decide which game to play.

 

“Nope. Truthfully, when I saw Jongup said in the group he wants to see a movie with you and Daehyun, my fingers move first before my mind saying yes.” His long answer causes you to laugh. He what?

 

“Why?” You laugh. Himchan grins, scratching his non-itchy hair behind.

 

“Because it’s you. I want to spend times with you.” Himchan casually answers. You smile, looking at him.

 

“I got the tokens! So, what should we play first?” Junhong comes, his eyes sparkle with excitement.

 

“Let’s team-up. You and Jongup, while Reen will be with me.” Daehyun suggests, pulling you beside him. You made a face to Daehyun.

 

“What about Himchan?” Junhong asks. The numbers are odd, making it hard to team-up equally.

 

“I’m gonna stay out of this. I’ll just watch you guys play, you can team up with HImchan.” You say hoping your brother to agree. Oddly, he did.

 

“Fine. Let’s play that first. The loser will pay for the snacks later.” Daehyun points at a shooting machine. The four of them play, focusing on the game as if they will die soon. You watch them playing and joking around. You can see Himchan and Daehyun are the mood maker while Jongup and Junhong don’t say much. However, they are all having a great time together.

 


 

“Let’s play this!” Junhong takes a drum stick at the Drum game. You and Himchan glance at each other meaningfully.

 

“Oh yeah? Let’s! I’ll win for sure because I have been playing this game with Reen since forever.”

 

“Haha yeah right. You haven’t seen Himchan played.” You immediately shut you lips tight realizing the slip out. Daehyun looks at you, suspiciously.

 

“How do you know Himchan plays this thing?”

 

“Oh… well… I’m just guessing since Himchan is music genius. Haha” You awkwardly back away. Himchan holds his laughter.

 

“Oh, yeah? Then, you play it.” Daehyun gives the stick to Himchan. Next, to him, Jongup taking his place.

 

“Eh? Where’s Junhong?”

 

“Nature calls,” Jongup says, choosing the first song. I’ll beat you, Himchan. Sensing the tension from Jongup, Himchan gets the idea that the game is not just a game anymore.

 

“Let’s bet.” Jongup whispers.

 

“If you lose, I can go on a date with Reen.”

 

“What?”

 

“Oh. Hell no!” Daehyun shrieks, taking the sticks from Himchan. You, Himchan and Jongup look at him disbelief. Daehyun accidentally heard the bet and got furious.

 

“I wouldn’t let you go out on a date with my sister. So I’ll beat your , Moon.” Daehyun hisses. You roll your eyes.

 

“Daehyun…” You cross your arms, clearly annoyed with your brother. Jongup glances at Himchan who’s looking at Daehyun. He seems in the thought of something.

 

“While you both try to beat each other asses, I’ll go grab a snack at the café.” You walk away from them, Daehyun tries to calls you out, but the game already starts. Daehyun and Jongup hit the drums furiously, trying to beat each others’ score. Meanwhile, Himchan follows you after making sure Daehyun’s eyes fixed on the screen.

 

“Reen.”

 

“Oh, hey. Want something?” You smile, looking at the menu as you wait in the line. Himchan joins you, staring at the menu.

 

“I guess it’ll be hard to tell your brother about us.” Himchan breaks the silence.

 

“I know… I’m sorry…” You sigh, looking down. You feel Himchan’s finger linked with yours. You look at him, smiling.

 

“It’s okay. We’ll figure it out. I think he just got panics and couldn’t imagine you being lovey-dovey with me.” He grins, trying to keep positive. You chuckle.

 

“Yeah, that might be it.” You hold his finger tight.

 

“Will you be okay if Jongup won the bet and go out on a date with me?”

 

“I’m not okay. However, it’s only one date, and I know you only have your eyes on me.” Himchan says with confidence. You giggle.

 

“Yeah.” You smile, feeling safe. Both of you finally holding hands.

 

“NO!!!!!!” The loud shout erupts from the arcade. You and Himchan already can guess what happened.

 

“Yeah, that’s the sound of me getting a date with Jongup.” You jokingly say.


“I wish I can play that so I can beat his for you,” Himchan says, pouting. You scoff before laughing.

 

“I know you will win anything for me.” You happily say it. Himchan smiles, watching you happily order the snacks. From a distance, Junhong watches both of you, holding hands. His mouth is slightly ajar.

 

“Himchan and Reen are dating?”