8: B.A.P AND YOU

Everyday With You

“I don’t want you to date my sister.” Silence.  You raise both of your hands.

 

“Okay, if that what my brother wants. I can’t object to it.” You look at Himchan, feeling apologetic to him. Himchan sighs, seems making Daehyun to approves them will take a while. Even Daehyun likes him as senior and teammate but he knows Daehyun won’t accept him more than that especially when it’s involved his sister.

 

“You being sarcastic again.” Daehyun pouts, earning a chuckle from you. You hug your brother.

 

“I’m not, you don’t believe in your little sister now?”

 

“After just now? Hardly.” Daehyun looks at Himchan who is still standing in front of them. You look at a confuse Himchan, you smile at him assuring it will be okay.

 

“Can both of us still befriend? Himchan is a nice guy. You know him more than I do.” You try to persuade Daehyun to keep your friendship. Himchan smiles awkwardly at Daehyun who currently eyeing him up and down.  You hit Daehyun’s head.

 

“Stop eyeing him like he’s a stranger, idiot. Go call them back in, please~?” You pull Daehyun to get up from the couch. Daehyun sighs, walking out to call others. You turn to still confuse Himchan.

 

“Thank you.” You say, smiling.

 

“For what?” Himchan tries to smile, he is still unsure about what happens and what should he do now.

 

“The song. I love it. I’m sorry I’m making a huge chaos between us.” You bow your head slightly.

 

“What are we now? Your brother won’t let us date.”

 

“You said you gonna make him loves you. Losing confident now? He didn’t say anything about us not being a friend.” Himchan looks at you. Wait, what? You grin at him. What a goofy, you never expect you will see Himchan with the goofy expression. Cute.

 

“We can still be friend. It’s a good start, right?” However, all the members already entered the waiting room again before Himchan able to ask more.

 

“Let’s celebrate tonight with bbq!” Youngjae exclaims happily follows by Daehyun and the two youngest. The atmosphere was noisy again like nothing happened. Yongguk who already aware Himchan and you are still in awkward situation taking initiative agreeing to Youngjae’s suggestion and invite you to join in.

 

“Is it okay? I don’t want to interrupt you guys.” You glance at Daehyun who is cooing with Mihyun.

 

“It’s fine. You are Daehyun’s sister. Hence, you are part of B.A.P too. Like Nara and Minjung.” Yongguk give out his gummy smile. You smile back, nodding.


 

You sit between Daehyun and Youngjae as your brother insist to keep you away from Himchan. You glance toward Himchan who’s sitting at the end of the table. Suddenly, both of you lock eyes. Himchan smiles at you, you smile back at him.

 

“Okay! Everyone please eats well~” Minjung put the last meat slices set on the table. You look around the place. You are currently on top of an apartment roof of Yongguk’s place. They told you this is their favorite place to steam off and get together after any shows. You watch Himchan expertly grilling meat slices while everyone enjoying Minjung’s homemade kimchi soup. You smile. This is nice.

 

“Here Reen. Stop wandering your eyes around or you got nothing.” Youngjae puts some grilled meats on your plate.  You thank him and start to enjoy your dinner. You notice how Yongguk handles s well, how he treats his family with care. All of them seems to have fun dissing each other but still respecting Yongguk as the leader and also senior. Himchan, on the other hand, keeps nagging to s to eat carefully while his hand effortlessly flipping the meats on the grill. Sometimes he will feed some meats to s like a mother bird. You couldn’t help but smile watching him taking care of his brothers. Then you look at the troublemaker duo beside you, chattering nonsense with a mouth full. You sigh, it’s hard to enjoy your meal while sitting between these two chatterboxes.  You look at the two youngest, eating quietly while squeezing in to chat when needed.

 

“How were the foods, Reen?” Minjung asks as she refills more soup in the hot pot. She then sits next to Yongguk, enjoying her meal while Yongguk taking care of their little girl. You can see how comfortable and happy Yongguk is babysitting his daughter just looking at his gummy smile.

 

“It’s really great. Thank you for having me. Do you guys always eat up here? It’s so nice and refreshing.” You smile, taking another salad near you.

 

“Oh, just occasionally. Usually, we go out to Himchan’s family restaurant. They run BBQs business.” You nod, no wonder Himchan in charge in grilling since the beginning. Suddenly, a salad wrap pokes your cheek. You turn to see a grinning Daehyun, waiting for you to eat it.

 

“Okay, what did you do wrong now to suddenly feed me? What did you put in this wrap?” You ask suspiciously.

 

“Oh, come on! Just a nice gesture from a brother to his little sister.”  Daehyun urges you to eat the wrap. You sigh.

 

“I will kill you if you put something weird in this.” You eat the wrap Daehyun made, munching it slowly. A moment later, you feel your mouth burning.

 

“JUNG DAEHYUN!” You pull Daehyun’s collar who is laughing with Youngjae. You glare at Youngjae before grabbing his collar too.

 

“I’ll kill you both later.” You whisper to them coldly, releasing your grip and immediately drink cold water to ease your pain. The troublemakers don’t affect by your threat keep laughing their asses out watching you suffer. Himchan watch you and the duo, they must be really close, he thoughts. Himchan passes you some yellow pickled radishes to you.

 

“Here, it will help to ease it a bit.” You look at him, thanking him before shoving a slice on your tongue. The youngest, Junhong pours you more water. Yongguk only shook his head watching his younger brothers.

 


 

After dinner, you watch the night scenery from the rooftop. The colorful lights spread across Seoul, shimmering brightly. You close your eyes for a moment.

 

“It’s beautiful right?” You turn to see Yongguk, smiling at you. He leans on the rail beside you. You return his smile before turning back to the scenery.

 

“Yeah… Thank you, Yongguk. For inviting me to this dinner.” You say, slightly bowing your head. Yongguk shooks his head.

 

“It’s fine. It’s great to finally meet Daehyun’s sister. You are as great as your brother.” You chuckle. You are not that great. Both of you falls into silence.

 

“Do you like Himchan?” A sudden question comes out from Yongguk.

 

“Of course.”

 

“Not as a friend, but as a man. Do you like him more than a friend?” Yongguk rephrase his question. You look at him. didn’t look at you, his eyes still looking at the scenery. Your silence made Yongguk turns to you.

 

“Everything will work out well. You know your own brother more than anyone. Himchan is a great man, Daehyun always looks up to him. He knows Himchan more than you do. Trust him.” You let out a chuckle. Yeah… You acknowledge how your brother really loves and respects s that you even tire listening to it.

 

“I know… He really respects you, Yongguk. He told me a lot about all of you. He even shows your family photo and Mihyun to me.” You laugh softly. Yongguk smiles, he did?

 

“Well… If you think Himchan is a great guy. Keep it up. Gain your brother more trust to Himchan.” Yongguk pats your head and walk away. You watch him. You begin to understand why Daehyun really respects Yongguk. He talks less, but his words are wise.

 

“Hey, Reen! Let’s go home!” Daehyun calls you. You bid goodbye to everyone and promise to see each other again soon. You look at Himchan who already locking eyes with you. He mouths you ‘Goodnight and takes care’. You smile and nod, slowly waving at him before leaving with Daehyun.

 


 

A/N: How was it? Please do comment below to let me know how is the story so far. Your comments, I will cherish it. muah muah Thank you lovelyss~