Confusion

Desire (Hiatus)

 

 

“Let's go.” Sooyoung said, as she stands up, already gathering her things. Seungwan look at her with a bewildered expression and gets up after seeing her P.A walks out of the cafe, but not before paying for their food. She mutters a thank you to the cashier and made her way outside and noticed the raven hair girl leaning on the side of her car, staring into nothing.

 

The blonde approached her and Sooyoung turns her head when she heard footsteps. She saw Seungwan looks at her but the blonde immediately unlocks the car and both enters.



 

The drive towards the office is awkward but none of them said anything. Seungwan drove her Ferrari at high speed and they arrived in less than 10 minutes. When the luxurious car parked in the CEO's designated parking lot, Park Sooyoung hurriedly get the hell out of it. The raven makes her way towards the building's entrance, with her boss following behind. Seungwan is weird out by her assistant's behavior, so she decides to follow the girl.

 

As Seungwan walks through the tall, enormous glass door, she saw Sooyoung already entering the elevator and she quickly dashes towards it. But luck is not on her side as she saw the elevator door closes before she could made it. She watches as the lights flashes according to the floor the elevator is heading. Finally, it stops on the 14th floor.

 

“Are you guys fighting or something?”

 

Seungwan turns to the source of the voice and saw Momo playing with her camera. Seungwan sighs.

 

“Nope, I don't even know.”

 

“You don't know?”

 

“No.”

 

Suddenly, the elevator dings and the door opens. Momo and Seungwan steps inside, and Seungwan pressed the buttons for the 14th floor and 10th floor. Momo thanks her. The two of them stands in silent with Momo still playing with her camera and Seungwan staring at the elevator door, waiting for it to open.

 

“Boss, smile.”

 

Seungwan turns her head and saw Momo's camera directed at her. Nevertheless, she smiled. The sound of camera clicking a few times echos in the elevator and then it stopped. Seungwan turns her head back when the elevator stops at the 10th floor and Momo gets out. But before the door closes, she turns around to look at Seungwan.

 

“Good luck.”

 

Seungwan smiles and the door closes.

 

The blonde looks down on her shoes, thinking about what's wrong with the raven. Does Yugyeom had something to do with all this? With her? A lot of thoughts run through Seungwan's brain and yet, she can't think of anything logical between Yugyeom and Sooyoung, but she's sure there is something. If not, why would Sooyoung run away from her.



 

Sooyoung stares at the piece of paper she's holding so hard, it’s almost crumple. Her eyes are starting to sting. She doesn't care if her makeup is gonna get smudged. All she cares about is what is going on with her life right now.

 

“What is this..”

 

“Why?”

 

Kim Yugyeom. Kim ing Yugyeom. The boy who she thought was her best friend. The only place she called home. The only person she called brother. That is until he was taken away from her. She was only six at that time and Yugyeom was nine. She had nothing left, no mother, no father, nothing. She thought so until she met her sick grandmother. Now, grandma is her home. It was painful for her. She had erased all her memories with Kim Yugyeom. All those golden childhood memories. Now, it's coming back  to her and she’s trying so hard not to remember anything. Kim Yugyeom. He who used to be Park Yugyeom.

 

Sooyoung lowers her head so that it's resting on her lap, dropping the paper she's holding onto the toilet's shiny tiles. She grabs a fistful of her black skirt and tears starts rolling down her cheeks. Suddenly, she heard the toilet's door opens and she knows someone is there because she heard footsteps. Sooyoung tries so hard not to let out any voice coming out from .

 

There's a knock on her cubicle door. A faint one.

 

“Sooyoung, what are you doing?”

 

Seungwan.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

No.

 

Seungwan has become a huge part in her life now. Seungwan is her boss, her friend, her place to ask for advice.

 

Sooyoung stood up, not caring to wipe her tears away. She needs to get away from everyone right now. She needs time to think. To process every information she just received in this short time in her life.

 

The door swings open, and there stood Sooyoung with tears in her eyes. Her eyes are red and her legs are a bit wobbly.

 

Seungwan looks at her with concern in her eyes. She steps closer to the blonde and inhales the sweet scent coming from her. Sooyoung looks down on her shoes and closes her eyes, hoping that Seungwan would just let all this pass.

 

Suddenly,  Sooyoung felt a hand, caressing her hair softly, again and again. She lifts up her head and saw Seungwan smiling at her with concern still evidence in her eyes. Seungwan's free hand was brought up to her face and slowly, the CEO wipes away her tears.

 

“Hey,”

 

“Are you okay?

 

Why are you crying?”

 

Sooyoung stares at her boss for a minute and and go back to staring down. Somehow the floor and her shoes seems more interesting today. She felt Seungwan's hand grabbing at her wrist, and she tries to pry away, but Seungwan won't let her.

 

Sh jerks her hand and finally her hand is free from Seungwan's grip. She steps away from the blonde and starts making her way towards the toilet's entrance but then she felt another grip on the same wrist, making her stop.

 

She knows Seungwan is looking at her right now. She knows Seungwan wanted to know what's wrong. She knows Seungwan is worried. But she needs some time alone now. She needs time to think.

 

“Let go of me please.”

 

And Seungwan did, Seungwan let go of her hand. She brought it up to her face and wipes the remaining tears on her cheek.

 

“I'm sorry.”

 

With that, Sooyoung pulls the door handle and walks out.

 

“Sooyoun-oh hey……nevermind.” SinB watches as the girl walks hurriedly to the elevator and disappear as the door closes.

 

Seungwan stood there, not knowing what to do. She is clueless as to what is happening between her, Sooyoung and Yugyeom. She stares at the cubicle in which Sooyoung was in and suddenly her eyes darted to a piece of paper? No, Polaroid, on the bathroom floor. She picked it up and what she saw shocked her so much that it made her speechless.

 

In the picture, standing in front, is a raven haired girl and a same hair color boy beside her. The both of them are holding a teddy bear in each of their hand, the same one. Behind them stood  a man and a woman in their late 30’s.

 

Seungwan doesn't have to think who are these people. It's obvious to her. It's Sooyoung and Yugyeom. And the man and woman must've been their parents. But how is Sooyoung and Yugyeom related? That she couldn't understand. She was about to dive deeper into her brain when she heard a knock on the toilet's entrance.

 

“You okay there?”

 

Seungwan turns her head and saw SinB standing behind the door, curious eyes looking at her. She nods her head and slips the Polaroid inside her pocket jeans.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Seungwan walks away, leaving SinB wondering.

 

_________________________________________________

 

​​​​​​I ain't dead you know. I just got tons of assignments to do. Now it's lunar New year, I have a one week break so I'll try and update two or three chapters for my stories. I hope you guys are doing well and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Leave some comments too, I appreciate it very much. Anyway, happy lunar New year!!