Lunch

Desire (Hiatus)

Seungwan and Sooyoung is having their lunch in one of the cafes on the streets of Seoul. Fortunately for them, the afternoon is not too hot and not too cold, just the right temperature for a good walk down the pavements on the sidewalk. Yeah, they're walking. Thank God, Sooyoung isn't wearing one of her heels. Come to realize, Sooyoung rarely sees Seungwan wears heels. The blonde normally wears Vans or Converse or other sneakers brands. Sooyoung had realized that Seungwan is not that girlish compare to her. Her boss has more of a casual and boyish style.

 

Anyway, back to reality, Seungwan and Sooyoung has been walking down the street for solid 10 minutes, and Sooyoung is getting tired. She glances toward Seungwan but the girl is just watching her phone and walking normally.

 

“Hey, where are you taking me?” The taller girl finally break the silence. Seungwan looks up from her phone, but instead of looking at Sooyoung, she look at the line of cafes and shops. The brunette saw the blonde’s eyes finally stopping at one of the cafes/shops and she smile. Seungwan turns to Sooyoung and signals her to follow her.

 

“Come, it's here.” They walk towards an English-style cafe, with pots of flowers on the outside, see-through window, baguettes and coffees. When Seungwan pushes the door, the bell rings, signaling the workers that there are customers coming in.

 

“Welcome!” Sooyoung heard one of the workers said, and she flashes a smile at them. They walk to one of the two-seater table and ordered their food.


 

The boss and her P.A sit there in silent while waiting for their food to arrive. The air around them is comfortable, not awkward and Sooyoung is thankful for that. It was about until a solid five minutes that Seungwan finally breaks the silence.

 

“Hey, let's play the 20 questions game.” Sooyoung looks at her boss for a while and mutters an “okay”.

 

“I'll start first. Uhm, what's your favourite color?” Sooyoung smiled at how simple and common Seungwan's question is that makes her say “red”right away. Seungwan raised her eyebrows and said,

 

“But I normally saw you wearing green a lot.”

 

“Well it's because my grandma said that it suits me.”

 

“Ah I see.” Seungwan nods her head and said “your turn.”

 

The two went on until the food arrives and stopped to start eating.  Sooyoung watch how appropriate Seungwan eats, how she slowly cuts the steak, how she wipes everytime she stuffs the food into , how she carefully gulps down her wine.

 

Then it happened.

 

Sooyoung is busy trying to cut her steak when she suddenly felt something on the corner of her lips.

 

No, not something. A finger. A finger on the corner of her lips.

 

She looks up to see Seungwan, standing up to do, whatever she's doing to her now.

 

When Seungwan felt a piece of eyes staring at her, she makes eye contact with them.

 

“You have something on the corner of your mouth. I'm helping you.” Thankfully, Seungwan gets a nod as a response to her action.

 

Sooyoung understands what her boss is doing, but she's short of words to say anything cause her heart is beating a little bit faster than it should be.

 

Why am I feeling this way?

 

Even after Seungwan is done with helping her look normal, she didn't budge from her position and stays like that, making Sooyoung wonders what is she doing.

 

“Um, Boss?”


 

“I love your eyes.”

 

Suddenly, the world around her stopped and Sooyoung could only feel her heartbeat quickens. They stare at each other for a few minutes before Sooyoung clears , making Seungwan snapped out of her staring and returns to her seat.

 

“Um, let's continue our questions?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“YOUR last question. And yeah, go ahead.” Seungwan nods.


 

Sooyoung thought hard on what the last question for Seungwan would be. While she's thinking, Seungwan quietly stares at her, admiring the beauty in front of her.

 

She's so beautiful.

 

Then she saw her P.A come to realization, or that's what it looks like. Sooyoung stares at her, but there's something in her eyes that makes Seungwan wonders, what question is the girl is about to ask her? Seungwan saw Sooyoung hesitates, so she said,

 

“It's fine, you can ask me anything you want.” Seungwan thought that probably works, because Sooyoung seems a bit relaxed.



 

“Who's the guy that came to our office a few days ago?” Seungwan dares say, hell she could've sworn, she didn't expect Sooyoung would asked her this question. Sooyoung saw how taken aback is Seungwan, but she's not going to give up on her thoughts yet. She is determined to know who the red-haired guy is.


 

After a few silent minutes, Seungwan spoke up.

 

“Uhm, why do you want to know about him?” Sooyoung heard the uncertainty in Seungwan’s voice, but she’s not backing down.

 

“I just want to.”

 

“.......”

 

“Okay.” Seungwan starts talking. How she saw the guy cheat on her with other girls, why she’s mad and all. Sooyoung attentively listens as  Seungwan talks and she eats her food.

 

“His name is Yugyeom by the way.” Sooyoung stops whatever she’s doing and looks up at her boss, eyes full of confusion.

 

Why does it sounds so familiar?

 

When did you two met?” Seungwan sits back and grins at Sooyoung’s curiosity. The girl seemed to be interested in her story and Seungwan didn’t even understand what she’s feeling. It’s  not shame, not happy, but not sad either. Nevertheless, she continues.

 

“Probably, uh, like, 3 years ago?” Sooyoung nods, signaling her to keep talking.

 

“But we started dating only last year. We met in Jeju. I bumped into him when I was about to walk out of a coffee shop.” Suddenly Sooyoung eyes widen but Seungwan didn’t notice it.

 

Jeju. They met in Jeju.

 

Jeju is Sooyoung’s birthplace. It’s also the guy’s birthplace. Yugyeom’s birthplace. No, Sooyoung needs to make a confirmation so she asked Seungwan to show a photo of Yugyeom.

 

“ Oh sure.” And the photo itself make her world stops. Everything around her seems to unreal. She stares, a bit too long at Yugyeom’s photograph, and she couldn’t take it anymore.